HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

hiller to the leafs.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
hiller to the leafs.

Given burke history of dealing with the ducks since he arrived and the fact that we need a goalie it would not suprise me at all if when the lockout ends brian burke places a call to his old buddy murray and inquires about current ducks starter Jonas Hiller in fact it wouldn't shock me at all if they have had conversations and a deal gets done when a cba is signed.

what I want to know is what in your opinion would need to go back?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Cogburn

Another starter? Reaching at straws, Deslauriers is the only other goalie with any NHL experience. I can't say I know too much about Fasth, Anderson, Gibson, Bobkov and Cousineau, but I have yet to hear of any of their records in the bigs.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:45 AM
palindrom

I could see Hiller to the leafs as an interesting scenario near the deadline if the Duck are out of the playoff, and decide to trade Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne and Koivu for a big Rebuild!

In this case, they would not really mind if they dont have starter until the end of the season.

they would ask for picks / prospect / young player.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:58 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

They'd probably ask for Gardiner back

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I could see Hiller to the leafs as an interesting scenario near the deadline if the Duck are out of the playoff, and decide to trade Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne and Koivu for a big Rebuild!

In this case, they would not really mind if they dont have starter until the end of the season.

The chances of that are as high as Scott Gomez scoring 30 goals in oneseason again .

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:02 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

thats the thing toronto has built up a pretty solid farm system the past couple years especially on d

Old
12-03-2012, 02:06 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
They'd probably ask for Gardiner back
doubt it very much teams don't often trade a guy and then trade to get him back it does happen it happened with lupul but it's pretty rare

Old
12-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Exit Dose

Yes, Gardiner is what we would want back for our starting goaltender. Pffft!

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:26 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Well doesn't surprise me that a leafs' fan can definitely see this happening . There's absolutely no way that this happens.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:45 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Well doesn't surprise me that a leafs' fan can definitely see this happening . There's absolutely no way that this happens.
better players then hiller have been traded but hiller is the one untouchable?

Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Exit Dose

Yes, better players have been traded. There's usually a reason for those players being traded. If you want someone in this town with a spare goalie, bug the Kings fans. We have one starter.

Besides, didn't McGuire say that you guys are trading Bozak and Kadri for Luongo? What the hell do you even need Hiller for?

Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Without knowing much about the depth in goal in Anahiem...even i can't figure out why they deal their starter.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Without knowing much about the depth in goal in Anahiem...even i can't figure out why they deal their starter.
We have a few talented prospects, but no one that's close to playing in the NHL.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:00 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yes, better players have been traded. There's usually a reason for those players being traded. If you want someone in this town with a spare goalie, bug the Kings fans. We have one starter.

Besides, didn't McGuire say that you guys are trading Bozak and Kadri for Luongo? What the hell do you even need Hiller for?
I don't know did he say that? if he did I missed it

Old
12-03-2012, 04:05 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
if the lockout wipes out this season he will be in the final year of his deal. I'm sure they will attempt to sign him if they can't he likely gets moved.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
if the lockout wipes out this season he will be in the final year of his deal. I'm sure they will attempt to sign him if they can't he likely gets moved.
We have no reason to think that he won't. Even if he wants to leave at the end of his contract, by all means let him play out the final year. Who gives a damn about some draft picks and prospects. We have those.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
The Leafs having nothing that I want MORE then Hiller. We lose him and we are SOL in net.

Lets say we take Gardiner or Grabovski, we are still much worse without Hiller. We have a pretty good future in net but they are a few years away and not a sure-thing.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Orange Thunder

I read the title as 'hitler to the leafs'

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:33 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
I read the title as 'hitler to the leafs'
LOL me too. Damn bad eyesight. *grumble*

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
better players then hiller have been traded but hiller is the one untouchable?
Lol, well of course better players have been moved but do tell me, who is going to be the starter for Anaheim? There's no way that Hiller gets traded if there's no one to take his place.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

I figure if Hiller is being traded some goalie prospect would need to be coming back. Hiller to anywhere I think Florida would be the best option.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I figure if Hiller is being traded some goalie prospect would need to be coming back. Hiller to anywhere I think Florida would be the best option.
Why? Unless the management feels Markstrom isn't starter material anymore, which is doubtful.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Why? Unless the management feels Markstrom isn't starter material anymore, which is doubtful.
Markstrom is nice and all but it all depends on when Florida is ready to take the next step to becoming a great team. Most goalies don't come into their prime till the mid to late 20's.

Also I find it funny a Vancouver fan critiques when all I have seen is Van fans preaching that Florida needs to trade for Lou.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Markstrom is nice and all but it all depends on when Florida is ready to take the next step to becoming a great team. Most goalies don't come into their prime till the mid to late 20's.

Also I find it funny a Vancouver fan critiques when all I have seen is Van fans preaching that Florida needs to trade for Lou.

Florida doesn't need Luongo, Hiller, or any goalie at the moment. Markstrom is the same age as a lot of their core pieces going forwards. It doesn't really make sense for them to go and acquire anyone right now. Theodore/Clemmenson is a good enough tandem to keep them reasonably competitive while their prospects develop and gain experience, and Markstrom will likely take over the starting role in about 3 years, when their other young players start hitting their prime as well. Maybe if by that time Markstrom hasn't panned out they'll look to acquire a goalie, but otherwise I'd think there are far more likely candidates, like Chicago, San Jose, etc.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Florida doesn't need Luongo, Hiller, or any goalie at the moment. Markstrom is the same age as a lot of their core pieces going forwards. It doesn't really make sense for them to go and acquire anyone right now. Theodore/Clemmenson is a good enough tandem to keep them reasonably competitive while their prospects develop and gain experience, and Markstrom will likely take over the starting role in about 3 years, when their other young players start hitting their prime as well. Maybe if by that time Markstrom hasn't panned out they'll look to acquire a goalie, but otherwise I'd think there are far more likely candidates, like Chicago, San Jose, etc.
Sorry I thought you were one of those Van fans who keep telling Florida they need Lou. Don't get me wrong I like Markstrom I just thought if Anaheim was trading Hiller they would want a young promising goalie in return. There is only three I can think of and Markstrom being one of them. The other two being Bernier and Campbell and Hiller is great but I doubt he can surpass Quick or Lehtonen.