HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Thread #3: The Rollercoaster Continues...

View Poll Results: When will the lockout end?
December 15-31st,2012 6 19.35%
January 2013 13 41.94%
September 2013 6 19.35%
October 2013-December 2013 2 6.45%
January 2014 0 0%
September 2014 0 0%
October 2014-January 2015 0 0%
NHL is gone forever 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

vCash: 500
Jacobs in on the meeting is not filling me with confidence.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Home alone with Lauren one gotta think his lifes over as well...

Enjoyable life that is. Maybe he can take up an out of town hobby. Scouting puck bunnies and ice cheerleaders or something.
Is the weather girl around his new place cute?

Old
12-03-2012, 01:55 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Holy cow. This is logical?

I have a feeling the NHL and the NHLPA want stay within the boundaries of reality while they settle this.
Well another logical move would be to simply split the difference down the middle... ~$90 million each (or whatever the exact number would be). Again there are multiple options for solutions and they are all pissing away literally hundreds of millions every month longer that this goes... not to mention the lost revenues from all the fans sick of the situation that won't be returning to their seats like good little loyal slaves to the game when a CBA is finally reached (if it ever is).

Old
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Home alone with Lauren one gotta think his lifes over as well...

Enjoyable life that is. Maybe he can take up an out of town hobby. Scouting puck bunnies and ice cheerleaders or something.

AS to the topic of this thread I'd like more info on the players side. If we're really getting any different view than the 6 players selected should NOT be team Reps and the owners selected should NOT be part of the ongoing deliberation. Get some different voices, opinions, gauge the take of those not in the usual proceedings.

If this is players reps its just garbage. I think in general the reps aren't all that representative. Usually just the died in the wool fervent NHLPA type. Get some moderates in there. Doubt the NHLPA would do that.
Yeah I don't feel dorry for him at all, seemed like karma was coming for this guy sooner or later. I also find it funny that with the Pronger situation that the Flyers were so eager to lock Weber up to that ridiculous contract.

As for the lockout I had to shake my head at this stupid tweet from BizNasty yesterday:

Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 Did Roman Hamrlik get invited to the meeting? #NHL

Looks like Roman has bee casted out of the hockey boys club and is now gonna be subjected to the Lance Armstrong treatment.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Also I really hope the fans respond to this lockout the same way the MLB fans responded to their lockout. If it wasn't for the fans support of the game last time last lockout wouldn't have been such a win for the players. Instead of the loss they are trying to make everyone believe.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
GMofOilers

I would love for Crosby to tell his owner if this lock out last the season he will never play for the pens again lol

Old
12-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Yeah I don't feel dorry for him at all, seemed like karma was coming for this guy sooner or later. I also find it funny that with the Pronger situation that the Flyers were so eager to lock Weber up to that ridiculous contract.

As for the lockout I had to shake my head at this stupid tweet from BizNasty yesterday:

Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 Did Roman Hamrlik get invited to the meeting? #NHL

Looks like Roman has bee casted out of the hockey boys club and is now gonna be subjected to the Lance Armstrong treatment.
Solidarity at it's finest. It's not like Hammer doesn't know what he's talking about...

Old
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
jadeddog

Quote:

bissonnette is an ass-clown, this is widely known... nothing he says should surprise anybody anymore.... the faster his pathetic career comes to an end, the better... then i won't have to hear about how "funny" he is anymore

Old
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
bissonnette is an ass-clown, this is widely known... nothing he says should surprise anybody anymore.... the faster his pathetic career comes to an end, the better... then i won't have to hear about how "funny" he is anymore
Some stuff is actually funny, but this is just pathetic. Like I said, Hamrlik getting shunned is no different than the way Lance treated other riders who tried to speak out.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Matador

Damien Cox actually has a good article on the lockout.

Quote:
But if the NHLPA is united, it is united not by a common goal or an objective, but by a total and complete distrust of ownership and league executive bordering on hatred.
Quote:
Fast forward to 2012. NHL players have never been as rich as they are now, or were, under the previous collective bargaining agreement. During Gary Bettman's reign as NHL commissioner, their salaries have increased more than five-fold.
Quote:
Don't confuse the effort to create PA unity by introducing facts.

The union line is that Jacobs hates players, and wants to take the game back to the Ziegler days. This is what the players seem to now believe, or what their propagandists are trying to convince them of.
Quote:
Fehr, rather than working on a new deal, talked from the start about the massive give-backs of that CBA, and the vital need not to capitulate again.
Quote:
The champion of the players has become New York Rangers boss Jim Dolan, and not because Dolan is seen to be a sharp hockey man. History tells us Dolan and Bettman don't get along, so to the players, that means Dolan must be the only sensible member of the NHL lodge, and therefore the only owner likely to see reason.
I don't think there is any chance the lockout lasts a second season. Not with all these UFA/RFAs that will not have contracts next summer. Just browsing through capgeek. There are 250+ UFAs and 360+ RFAs. Even if only a fifth of those guys play in the NHL, it is still a substantial amount of players. Fighting over a make whole provision isn't going to make any sense once the owners cancel the season with so many players not under contract next year. The players are fighting against themselves here.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
GMofOilers

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/colum.../dp121203.html

good article

Old
12-03-2012, 12:47 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

If they'd cast out Trevor Linden, they'd definitely cast out Roman Hamrlik.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
If they'd cast out Trevor Linden, they'd definitely cast out Roman Hamrlik.
Well yeah of course they will it's just lame and petty.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
#ualberta

@DarrenDreger: Crosby and Toews will be among group of players in NYC. For me, Toews is key. He's been a consistant no-nonsense hardline guy.

@aaronward_nhl: Would assume NHLPA would strongly consider likes of Parros, Westgarth, Hainsey, Adams, Backes, Darche and Malhotra to attend meeting based

Pa should have the final list later today there could be a couple more then 6

Old
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
TowMater14

vCash: 50
Quote:

Yeah, what a D-Bag. I responded to that tweet of his with a very smart ass remark.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Yeah, what a D-Bag. I responded to that tweet of his with a very smart ass remark.
Haha I assume the one asking him if he was invited?

Old
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
not really. waste of time imo.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Some stuff is actually funny, but this is just pathetic. Like I said, Hamrlik getting shunned is no different than the way Lance treated other riders who tried to speak out.
Yeah I'm with you. God forbid an NHL player shows some humility/logic instead of the normal "We're the victims here" type lines they've been spouting this whole process.

Lundqvist actually went up a notch in my books in the Yahoo article when he mentioned he felt embarrassment in how this was being handled and really said how privileged NHL players are.

God Biznasty is an assclown.

12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
"BizNasty" doesn't realize this lockout might lead to him never playing in the NHL again. Which would probably be a good thing.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
"BizNasty" doesn't realize this lockout might lead to him never playing in the NHL again. Which would probably be a good thing.
That's where I actually respect the guy because he does.

For a while he was a loudmouth at the beginning of the lockout then quieted down for a while and did an interview with someone at a Phoenix newspaper and he stated as much that his NHL days may be over. Lately though he seems to be back to his pro-player nonsense. Don't get me wrong I expect most if not all players to be pro players but how you spout off about it is what matters.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

I care...

Old
12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
That's where I actually respect the guy because he does.

For a while he was a loudmouth at the beginning of the lockout then quieted down for a while and did an interview with someone at a Phoenix newspaper and he stated as much that his NHL days may be over. Lately though he seems to be back to his pro-player nonsense. Don't get me wrong I expect most if not all players to be pro players but how you spout off about it is what matters.
i can never respect an ideologue who puts propaganda in front of facts and rational judgement

Old
12-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
i can never respect an ideologue who puts propaganda in front of facts and rational judgement
I mean respect in terms of acknowledging that losing a whole year of the NHL could likely be his last.

That's a bigger step than a lot of the other loud mouth guys who are on the brink.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
bellagiobob

WBZ Boston Sports

WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announcement tomorrow or Wednesday

Old
12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagiobob View Post
WBZ Boston Sports

WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announcement tomorrow or Wednesday
I'm not sure if this is bs or not they also tweeted
@wbzsports: WBZ's Steve Burton reports #nhl talks have made great progress behind closed doors and it looks like the season will be salvaged - @JoeGiza

I'm thinking bs at this point

Closed Thread