HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Optimistic) 2013-2014 Line-up, Player points & 2013 Draft predictions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 10:56 AM
  #26
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Forwards

Lupul (27G 35A) - Getzlaf (14G 46A) - Kessel (42G 38A) - Scoring line

JVR (21G 27A) - Grabovski (27G 25A) - Kulemin (15G 24A) - Shutdown line

Kadri (14G 28A) - Bozak (13G 31A) - Frattin (22G 13A) - Sheltered scoring line

Komarov (9G 10A) - McClement (6G 8A) - Brown (2G 4A) - Grinding/Shutdown line

Orr (1G 1A) - One of the most feared Tough Guys in the League

Defense

Gunnarsson (3G 18A) - Phaneuf (14G 36A) - Top pairing

Gardiner (8G 27A) - Holzer (2G 12A) - Plays against teams 2nd/3rd lines

Rielly (5G 22A) - Blacker ( 4G 14A) - Sheltered pairing

Liles (4G 19A) - Would sub in for Blacker/Holzer against weak offensive teams

(Our D-corps is harder to deal with then our Forward corps, because of all the PMD and lack of physicality, aswell as all the Lefties)

Goaltending

Backstrom

Reimer

(Scrivens)
Swap Kadri with Kulemin
We need a better defender than Gunnarsson on the top pairing (since this is an optimistic roster), which bumps Gunnar down the depth chart, making our D considerably better.

Lupul-Getzlaf-Kessel -- primary scoring line
JVR-Grabovski-Kadri -- secondary scoring line
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin(?) -- shutdown line
Komarov-McClement-Brown -- energy line

???-Phaneuf
Gunnar-Gardiner
Reilly-Liles

??? would have to be a fairly physical, reliable defensive defeseman. Our blue line would be ridiculously soft otherwise.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:00 AM
  #27
Hawaiinleaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Honolulu
Country: United States
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
I like this line up a lot

Monahan would make the team for sure as will Rielly

Devane can play and would be ideal as the extra winger/4th liner

the scoring in the top 3 lines is very strong as well

Hawaiinleaf is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
  #28
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
The 3rd line won't put up those kinds of numbers without PP time.

Liles is still a great PP QB (and inserting him into Kaberles spot on the point is the biggest reason our PP was so much better last year). He would be awesome as a bottom pairing dman. He'll put up better then the OP suggested.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:14 PM
  #29
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
This lockout is great for the organization.

The development of the junior and AHL players, free from the pressure of fans and management to excel and play for the big team is a huge benefit.

The Leafs were in one of the worst positions coming out of the last lockout. I predict they benefit as much as any team from this one.

Pilky01 is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
  #30
oneoftheseyears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
If we end up drafting someone like Monahan our forward line-up would, in all honesty, look something like this:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Kadri-Monahan-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown

oneoftheseyears is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
  #31
frantiq
Registered User
 
frantiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.
Country: Canada
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
(Assuming entire 2012-2013 season is locked out)

Let's start with the 2013 draft, Leafs receive the 5th overall selection and snag Sean Monahan, after Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov & Drouin are taken before him.

With their 2nd round selection, Burke trades expendable pieces and chooses G Spencer Martin.

As F/A begins, rumors are afloat with the Leafs being big spenders, and manage to grab Getzlaf and G Niklas Backstrom.

The 2013-2014 season begins with the line-up set as.

Forwards

Lupul (27G 35A) - Getzlaf (14G 46A) - Kessel (42G 38A) - Scoring line

JVR (21G 27A) - Grabovski (27G 25A) - Kulemin (15G 24A) - Shutdown line

Kadri (14G 28A) - Bozak (13G 31A) - Frattin (22G 13A) - Sheltered scoring line

Komarov (9G 10A) - McClement (6G 8A) - Brown (2G 4A) - Grinding/Shutdown line

Orr (1G 1A) - One of the most feared Tough Guys in the League

Defense

Gunnarsson (3G 18A) - Phaneuf (14G 36A) - Top pairing

Gardiner (8G 27A) - Holzer (2G 12A) - Plays against teams 2nd/3rd lines

Rielly (5G 22A) - Blacker ( 4G 14A) - Sheltered pairing

Liles (4G 19A) - Would sub in for Blacker/Holzer against weak offensive teams

(Our D-corps is harder to deal with then our Forward corps, because of all the PMD and lack of physicality, aswell as all the Lefties)

Goaltending

Backstrom

Reimer

(Scrivens)

I won't be doing a prediction on the goalies as it's much more difficult to predict, but I will say it will likely be 50 games for Backstrom 32 for Reimer. (Unsure as to whether Scrivens gets traded)

The Marlies would be stacked with grit and size, boasting players such as... Broll, Biggs, Ross, Devane, Ashton, Colborne, Leivo, D'amigo, Ryan, Deschamps, Creszinski.

With our D also being stacked, with names including...Percy, Ranger, Komisarek , Ranger, Kostka.

Our goalies still remain a question mark...

Owuya
Sparks

( This was meant for discussion purposes and for fun, criticisms are welcome and comparisons a encouraged )

frantiq is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 08:09 AM
  #32
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,374
vCash: 500
checkingline is given. Komarov-McClement-Brown. no more steckel. hurray!

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:29 AM
  #33
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
(Assuming entire 2012-2013 season is locked out)

Let's start with the 2013 draft, Leafs receive the 5th overall selection and snag Sean Monahan, after Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov & Drouin are taken before him.

With their 2nd round selection, Burke trades expendable pieces and chooses G Spencer Martin.

As F/A begins, rumors are afloat with the Leafs being big spenders, and manage to grab Getzlaf and G Niklas Backstrom.

The 2013-2014 season begins with the line-up set as.

Forwards

Lupul (27G 35A) - Getzlaf (14G 46A) - Kessel (42G 38A) - Scoring line

JVR (21G 27A) - Grabovski (27G 25A) - Kulemin (15G 24A) - Shutdown line

Kadri (14G 28A) - Bozak (13G 31A) - Frattin (22G 13A) - Sheltered scoring line

Komarov (9G 10A) - McClement (6G 8A) - Brown (2G 4A) - Grinding/Shutdown line

Orr (1G 1A) - One of the most feared Tough Guys in the League

Defense

Gunnarsson (3G 18A) - Phaneuf (14G 36A) - Top pairing

Gardiner (8G 27A) - Holzer (2G 12A) - Plays against teams 2nd/3rd lines

Rielly (5G 22A) - Blacker ( 4G 14A) - Sheltered pairing

Liles (4G 19A) - Would sub in for Blacker/Holzer against weak offensive teams

(Our D-corps is harder to deal with then our Forward corps, because of all the PMD and lack of physicality, aswell as all the Lefties)

Goaltending

Backstrom

Reimer

(Scrivens)

I won't be doing a prediction on the goalies as it's much more difficult to predict, but I will say it will likely be 50 games for Backstrom 32 for Reimer. (Unsure as to whether Scrivens gets traded)

The Marlies would be stacked with grit and size, boasting players such as... Broll, Biggs, Ross, Devane, Ashton, Colborne, Leivo, D'amigo, Ryan, Deschamps, Creszinski.

With our D also being stacked, with names including...Percy, Ranger, Komisarek , Ranger, Kostka.

Our goalies still remain a question mark...

Owuya
Sparks

( This was meant for discussion purposes and for fun, criticisms are welcome and comparisons a encouraged )
that top line is low with a line like that all 3 should be close to ppg guys especially considering the PP time they' d get

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 09:55 AM
  #34
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftheseyears View Post
If we end up drafting someone like Monahan our forward line-up would, in all honesty, look something like this:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Kadri-Monahan-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Brown


that is a sick third line
2 of those have potential to be in top 3, and yes kadri has top 3 talent, question is, will he live up to it?
my draft ranking
mackinnon
monahan
jones
drouin
barkov

reilly will also be on team
scoring won't be the problem
defensively we should atleast be above average, but knowing this team, we will probably be terrible
goaltending, reimer i think is real deal, but we need a veteran goalie with him, to help out
playoffs

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
  #35
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost
 
InterceptSchenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Somehow acquire Lu, thrown the bank at getzlaf (give him anything he wants no joke) and draft one of Mac/Barkov/Drouin and call it a summer.

InterceptSchenn is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
  #36
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
that is a sick third line
2 of those have potential to be in top 3, and yes kadri has top 3 talent, question is, will he live up to it?
my draft ranking
mackinnon
monahan
jones
drouin
barkov

reilly will also be on team
scoring won't be the problem
defensively we should atleast be above average, but knowing this team, we will probably be terrible
goaltending, reimer i think is real deal, but we need a veteran goalie with him, to help out
playoffs
Why do you have Barkov so low? I mean the kid is 16 years old and playing against men and putting up points to boot. Honestly I still think he will be the steal of this draft and surpass Mackinnon.

Mystifo is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:24 PM
  #37
SnipeCheeseAllDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Draft Monahan (unless of course we are in a position to draft MacKinnon/Barkov)
Give Getzlaf whatever he wants
Trade Colborne+Blacker+Franson for Luongo
Let these guys walk: Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, MacArthur, Steckel

------

Lupul - Getzlaf - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Kadri - Monahan - Frattin
Ross - McClement - Brown
-Ashton

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Gardiner
Liles - Komisarek
-Holzer

Luongo
Reimer
-Scrivens

Getzlaf and Kessel would/should be above PPG, with Kessel hitting 40+ goals. Rielly, Phaneuf and Gardiner having great years too. Luongo bouncing back to top form.

Plan the parade!

SnipeCheeseAllDay is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:47 PM
  #38
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
If the season is cancelled the lottery draft is so wide open there really is no point in speculating where we will pick. You might as well speculate that we are drafting 15 or even 28. Our best chance at a top 5 pick is if the season is played and we can't get a goalie.

The Naz is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
  #39
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Why do you have Barkov so low? I mean the kid is 16 years old and playing against men and putting up points to boot. Honestly I still think he will be the steal of this draft and surpass Mackinnon.


sorry, it was a typo, was looking at other stuff, and didn't pay attention to my typing, I actually have barkov third than monahan

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:19 AM
  #40
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Resign Lupul, MacArthur, Bozak
Don't resign Lombardi and Connolly
Trade: Bozak, Grabovski, MacArthur for Luongo and Malhotra

Lupul (33 G, 40 A)-Getzlaf (25 G, 35A) -Kessel (40G, 34A) --- (Big centre for the dynamic duo)

JVR (32G, 20A) -Kadri (18 G, 33A)-Frattin (26G, 12A) --- (Great playmaker with two snipers)

Kulemin (18G, 20A)-Malhotra (13G, 24A)-Ashton (12G, 14A) --- (shut-down line with some scoring, Ashton gets a sheltered role, Malhotra can help our penalty kills and he's better than Steckel, I would put Colborne in but he looks like he needs more conditioning than Ashton)

Brown (2G, 4A)-McClement (6G, 9A)-Komorav (8G, 8A) (Shut-down line and Penalty kill)

Orr (Adds toughness)


Phaneuf (15G, 33A)-Gunnarsson (7G, 15A) (Top offensive forward with best all round defenseman)

Gardiner (11G, 24A) -Holzer (3G, 10A) (Holzer is ready and could be a shutdown defenseman)

Rielly (7G, 18A)-Ranger (5G, 14A) (Ranger will likely be ready by next season and will fight for his spot, Rielly gains some experience, this line may swap with the second defensive pairing eventually)

Liles (He gets injured a lot anyways...)
Komisarek (Bury him somewhere)


Luongo
Reimer
I'd be so excited to see a 2nd line of jvr-kadri-frattin, a new kid line kind of lol. Would be hell of a line tho, kadri would have the most fun playing with two guys who can fly north south and snipe.

pooleboy is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:23 AM
  #41
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
So we have all come to the conclusion: we sign getzlaf we have a very dangerous hockey team. (Getz+ Luongo = SC contenders?)

pooleboy is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:28 AM
  #42
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
Draft Monahan (unless of course we are in a position to draft MacKinnon/Barkov)
Give Getzlaf whatever he wants
Trade Colborne+Blacker+Franson for Luongo
Let these guys walk: Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, MacArthur, Steckel

------

Lupul - Getzlaf - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Kadri - Monahan - Frattin
Ross - McClement - Brown
-Ashton

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Gardiner
Liles - Komisarek
-Holzer

Luongo
Reimer
-Scrivens

Getzlaf and Kessel would/should be above PPG, with Kessel hitting 40+ goals. Rielly, Phaneuf and Gardiner having great years too. Luongo bouncing back to top form.

Plan the parade!
In all honesty, if those things happened it would be a dream come true. If the leafs don't get a top 10 pick then the NHL screws its best customers. Imo we have atleast a top 5 and if we pick up monahan, getz and lu. We have rielly plug our #2 defenceman (yes phaneuf #1) then wow this could be a team to recon with. Burke would be getting the AA treatement haha

pooleboy is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:01 AM
  #43
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
why do so many people want to rushRielly? let the kid develop sign regehr.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:21 AM
  #44
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
Draft Monahan (unless of course we are in a position to draft MacKinnon/Barkov)
Give Getzlaf whatever he wants
Trade Colborne+Blacker+Franson for Luongo
Let these guys walk: Connolly, Lombardi, Bozak, MacArthur, Steckel

------

Lupul - Getzlaf - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Kadri - Monahan - Frattin
Ross - McClement - Brown
-Ashton

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Gardiner
Liles - Komisarek
-Holzer

Luongo
Reimer
-Scrivens

Getzlaf and Kessel would/should be above PPG, with Kessel hitting 40+ goals. Rielly, Phaneuf and Gardiner having great years too. Luongo bouncing back to top form.

Plan the parade!
I wouldn't play Monahan. Let him develop but I have mixed feelings about playing Rielly. Another year in junior won't hurt

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:55 AM
  #45
Cor
Me Troll? Never
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,672
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
why do so many people want to rushRielly? let the kid develop sign regehr.
(sigh) Just because he would be playing as a 19/20 year old, doesn't mean he's rushed. He has 26 points in 30 games this season on a not-so-great Moose Jaw team.

What do we let him do? Send him back for another year in the WHL where he has nothing left to learn, or to prove?

Cor is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
  #46
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
(sigh) Just because he would be playing as a 19/20 year old, doesn't mean he's rushed. He has 26 points in 30 games this season on a not-so-great Moose Jaw team.

What do we let him do? Send him back for another year in the WHL where he has nothing left to learn, or to prove?
whats the harm in giving him 1 more year signing regehr then when you do bring him in you pair him with regehr so he has somebody to cover his mistakes cause as a rookie he WILL make mistakes.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:23 AM
  #47
Cor
Me Troll? Never
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,672
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
whats the harm in giving him 1 more year signing regehr then when you do bring him in you pair him with regehr so he has somebody to cover his mistakes cause as a rookie he WILL make mistakes.
because "giving him 1 more year" does nothing for him. Bringing in Regehr will be the next Komisarek.

You bring him next year, pair him with Liles, Gunner, heck even Phaneuf. Or if you really want Reghr, we let Holzer be the 7th D, and don't bring back Komi at any price.

It does nothing for his development to keep him another year.... 1 year is fine.

Cor is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:52 AM
  #48
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
because "giving him 1 more year" does nothing for him. Bringing in Regehr will be the next Komisarek.

You bring him next year, pair him with Liles, Gunner, heck even Phaneuf. Or if you really want Reghr, we let Holzer be the 7th D, and don't bring back Komi at any price.

It does nothing for his development to keep him another year.... 1 year is fine.
i don't think you need to worry about komi coming back at all

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
  #49
Donato
#BarSouth
 
Donato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I put Getz with 60pts because that leaves other fanbases plenty of room to make fun of us for overpaying and personally I think he'd need some time to adjust.

I think Martin should be picked in the 1st round to be honest, I like him better then Fucale, fantastic positioning, very athletic and he's performing extremely well thus far.

Yeah, I think Liles would be in the Line-up full time, but I was looking at chemistry when I put this together and it's hard to see him paired with Gardiner or Rielly.


Ive seen Spencer Martin play 5 times this year so far in person.. gotta say the way he plays, he looks really calm. The kind of goalie where when your holding a 2 goal lead and 1 goal gets scored, you shouldn't be worried about him crumbling and letting in another 2.

Donato is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
  #50
ToneBone03
LEAFS
 
ToneBone03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glovertown, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
If everything goes according to what I want the Leafs to become, the lineup will look like this. Now, this is an extreme hypothetical, so when you look at this do so with a substantial amount of optimism.

Heading into free agency, Brian Burke lures both Ryan Getzlaf AND Corey Perry onto the Leafs. Assuming that these two guys are very good friends and will both sign in the same place. In Toronto exists familiarity, with both Brian Burke as GM and Randy Carlyle as head coach.

Also, assume that the rumoured deal consisting of Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri for Roberto Luongo is true, and the trigger is pulled on it when the lockout ends.

Since I had Bozak penciled in at third line centre and he is now gone, Burke signs Boyd Gordon to replace him. The ensuing lineup would be:

Lupul - Getzlaf - Kessel
vanRiemsdyk - Grabovski - Perry
Kulemin - Gordon - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Brown

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Holzer
Rielly - Kostka

Luongo
Reimer

Predicted Production:
Lupul - 31/37/68
Getzlaf - 20/71/91
Kessel - 51/40/91

vanRiemsdyk - 24/27/51
Grabovski - 23/36/59
Perry - 37/32/69

Kulemin - 16/20/36
Gordon - 9/18/27
Frattin - 22/10/32

Komarov - 11/10/21
McClement - 4/10/14
Brown - 4/3/7

Gunnarsson - 4/17/21
Phaneuf - 16/36/52

Gardiner - 8/30/38
Holzer - 2/9/11

Rielly - 6/15/21
Kostka - 4/18/22

Luongo - 2.31 GAA / .923 SV%
Reimer - 2.55 GAA / .011 SV%

Goal Totals: 292

Too many ginos, not enough D? LOL

ToneBone03 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.