HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Landeskog signs with Djurgården

Old
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
Landeskog can't join the Monsters now, can he? It would be so awesome to watch him play with Sgarbossa, Barrie and the guys.
He was eligible at the beginning of the year. I don't know for sure, but I doubt the stint in Sweden changed that.

Either Av's management, or Landeskog and his agent, or some combination, decided it would be best if he didn't play in Cleveland. I wonder if that might change now that the NHL season is still looking in jeopardy. The Monsters certainly look like they could use the help right now.

TatteredTornNFrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Didn't he need to be reassigned to LEM before the lockout began?

I believe it was Avs management who told him he wouldn't be playing with the monsters this season.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...

I think that decision applied only to players who otherwise would be waiver eligible. They decided teams could send them down before the CBA expired, and will be able to bring them back without re-entry waivers.

But Landeskog hasn't played enough NHL games yet to be waiver eliglible, much like Barrie and Elliot can still be sent up and down with no waivers.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
Landeskog can't join the Monsters now, can he? It would be so awesome to watch him play with Sgarbossa, Barrie and the guys.
NHL Unwritten Rule Chapter 1: You don't send your captain down to the farm.

Jeff_Dyck_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:54 PM
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...

Yeah, even though I think he's still eligible, I don't think they'll do it.

But I wouldn't mind getting a chance to see him play more though.

Sucky lockout SUCKS!

Old
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Huffman

1g 2a for Landeskog. The goal was scored at 59:59 of his last game.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Freaky Styley

I would be upset if the Avs were "too proud" to send Lando to the AHL. It is still professional hockey, it is within the organization where he has a chance to meet/develop chemistry with the teams' own players, and it's a higher level of hockey than what he's been playing. There would be absolutely no disadvantages and it would be better than him playing C in Sweden or sitting out the rest of the year.

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
1g 2a for Landeskog. The goal was scored at 59:59 of his last game.
Was it an empty net goal?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I haven't looked into it, but I don't know if DIF have ruled out signing another short term contract with Landeskog. There are no rules preventing it.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I haven't looked into it, but I don't know if DIF have ruled out signing another short term contract with Landeskog. There are no rules preventing it.
Yes, last goal was empty net. 3-0 win so involved in everything.

The reason he is going home is taxes I think

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:31 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Landeskog is going to train with Kitchener the coming weeks/months.

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Anonymouse
M.A.C.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...ill-andra-raka

There's a video if you scroll down. I hope you can see it overseas.

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Foppa Frossa

Bah, was hoping to see Gabriel play at christmas when I'm going back to Sweden for the holidays

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Do you guys think Avs will let him join Sweden for WJC? I mean he is out of a contract and yeah.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:31 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Do you guys think Avs will let him join Sweden for WJC? I mean he is out of a contract and yeah.
He is too old.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
The reason he is going home is taxes I think
He can't stay longer in Sweden this year, because then he would have to pay taxes on his NHL salary for this year in Sweden. But if the conflict drags out, he should be able to return to DIF in January.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
I would be upset if the Avs were "too proud" to send Lando to the AHL. It is still professional hockey, it is within the organization where he has a chance to meet/develop chemistry with the teams' own players, and it's a higher level of hockey than what he's been playing. There would be absolutely no disadvantages and it would be better than him playing C in Sweden or sitting out the rest of the year.
Let me start with saying, I absolutely hate unions (every single one of them have outlived their purpose...I believe they were necessary but much like my parachute pants, 8-track tapes and beta-max they are no longer needed) and believe they will eventually bring every country that allows them to exist to bankruptcy. (Of course...one could [and probably very soon will] say the same thing about Capitalists...so one way or another every country is pretty much ****ed...at least we're all being positive tonight.)

So with my hatred of everyone not like me and their hatred of me taken into consideration let's hash this thing out...

Aw..**** it..my head hurts and I'm going to bed.

No...What I really meant to say is that I get what Freaky Styley said about being pissed about not sending Landy down to the minors. Here's the deal though...the owners/management (often times they are not as entwined as we'd think) gave Landy the "C" in good faith that a season would start on time (or relatively quickly after that.) Now, hind-sight being what it was...do they really tell the new face of the franchise and Captain they are expecting him to take a pay hike from $925,000.00 to $70,000.00 because there isn't a new CBA? That's an insult. If Landy can make more he should..

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have my star players playing over the pond in some barn where there aren't borderline 3rd/4th line wingers and 5/7th dmen under two-way contracts trying to make an impression on their bosses by taking runs at them on a nightly basis.

Of course...I'd also much rather not have a Union all-together and allow each player and his agent negotiate a contract with their respective team owner and forget all about this whole lockout/strike ******** that keeps coming up every ****ing 6 years...but then that's just me.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:12 PM
chet1926

Those saying Landy should have gone to the AHL like Nuge, Eberle etc. are all wrong.

You don't send your captain to play in the AHL, no matter age. Landy was given the C because he already plays like a man and is born leader and didn't need to work on his professional game. The Avs knew that where ever he choose to go play, he would be fine and treat it professionally. I personally wish he had picked a better team in a more quality league, but I view it more as a conditioning thing for him and he was able to stay in shape.

Nuge, on the other hand, still plays a junior level physical game, very finesse. I can see why EDM made the choice to send him to the AHL, so he could work on the physical aspects of the game in a league that is similar in style to the NHL. The last thing they wanted was for him to go to Europe or something and become even more finesse.

EDM sending Eberle to the AHL was a joke. I think did that so they could keep tabs on him easily. I feel bad for him that his organization doesn't have faith in him to continue to work on his game where ever he chooses.

So basically what I'm saying is A. you don't send your captain to the AHL and B. it comes down to a maturity thing, Landy is far beyond his years in this category, so the Avs felt comfortable with him doing his thing whereas EDM was not comfortable with their players maturity levels and felt they needed to keep close tabs on them.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Let me start with saying, I absolutely hate unions (every single one of them have outlived their purpose...I believe they were necessary but much like my parachute pants, 8-track tapes and beta-max they are no longer needed) and believe they will eventually bring every country that allows them to exist to bankruptcy. (Of course...one could [and probably very soon will] say the same thing about Capitalists...so one way or another every country is pretty much ****ed...at least we're all being positive tonight.)

So with my hatred of everyone not like me and their hatred of me taken into consideration let's hash this thing out...

Aw..**** it..my head hurts and I'm going to bed.

No...What I really meant to say is that I get what Freaky Styley said about being pissed about not sending Landy down to the minors. Here's the deal though...the owners/management (often times they are not as entwined as we'd think) gave Landy the "C" in good faith that a season would start on time (or relatively quickly after that.) Now, hind-sight being what it was...do they really tell the new face of the franchise and Captain they are expecting him to take a pay hike from $925,000.00 to $70,000.00 because there isn't a new CBA? That's an insult. If Landy can make more he should..

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have my star players playing over the pond in some barn where there aren't borderline 3rd/4th line wingers and 5/7th dmen under two-way contracts trying to make an impression on their bosses by taking runs at them on a nightly basis.

Of course...I'd also much rather not have a Union all-together and allow each player and his agent negotiate a contract with their respective team owner and forget all about this whole lockout/strike ******** that keeps coming up every ****ing 6 years...but then that's just me.
I think Landeskog has played for peanuts in Sweden, possibly no salary at all. He'd make much more in AHL. But it's the team he played for before coming to NA, so he's not doing it for money.

I wouldn't mind him being sent down to Cleveland. If the league is good enough for RNH, Eberle, Hall, OEL, Couturier, Schenn, Larsson, Cowen and so on to play in, it's good enough for Landeskog. Skating in Kitchener certainly isn't a better alternative.

Hopefully this lockout is over in a couple of weeks so it's a moot point.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Soedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 View Post
NHL Unwritten Rule Chapter 1: You don't send your captain down to the farm.
Even the unwritten NHL rules are locked out right now.

He could use the time to get back into the NHL size ice and be ready when / if the season finally starts.

edit: I more see this as his will to do so not the Avs forcing him to play in LE.

Soedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:13 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Landeskog has played for free in Djurgården.

I wouldn't mind having him in the AHL, it would help the progress of Sgarbossa and the others to have a Landy on their team. And would possibly help Lake Erie to make the playoffs.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
He can't stay longer in Sweden this year, because then he would have to pay taxes on his NHL salary for this year in Sweden. But if the conflict drags out, he should be able to return to DIF in January.
At least in Finland in a similar situation a player would then have to pay taxes to Finland for the next 3 years, or something like that. Mikko Koivu just bolted from TPS because of that, and there were quite a few people angry about him being a "tax refugee". I don't blame him/them though.

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
At least in Finland in a similar situation a player would then have to pay taxes to Finland for the next 3 years, or something like that. Mikko Koivu just bolted from TPS because of that, and there were quite a few people angry about him being a "tax refugee". I don't blame him/them though.
You have to remember these guys are idiots.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Soedy

Landy just postet this on twitter

Quote:
Last practice in Sweden and my front teeth gets chipped. Perfect. I now look like I'm 13 years old all over again.

Soedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Stop damaging our Captain! Jeez.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote