HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

USHL Fargo Force

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2012, 12:20 PM
  #176
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Nice. I will have to remember that. How much for parking? Was the game sold out?
No idea about how much it was. No signs, he never even asked/told. Just examined my $20 for about ten seconds like it was foreign currency and says, "I don't have change, just go." While holding a massive wad of cash.

Not even close to a sellout. I think there were more people in the drunk area and GA than in the stands.

Gotta give Butrus Ghafari credit. Kid just turned 16 two months ago and answered the bell with Tanner Pond, who is a tough dude. Took Pond to the cleaners too.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 06:49 PM
  #177
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
No idea about how much it was. No signs, he never even asked/told. Just examined my $20 for about ten seconds like it was foreign currency and says, "I don't have change, just go." While holding a massive wad of cash.

Not even close to a sellout. I think there were more people in the drunk area and GA than in the stands.

Gotta give Butrus Ghafari credit. Kid just turned 16 two months ago and answered the bell with Tanner Pond, who is a tough dude. Took Pond to the cleaners too.
The kid Ghafari from Canada?

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:40 PM
  #178
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
The kid Ghafari from Canada?

Michigan.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
  #179
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Michigan.
Wonder where where he learned to fight. Just don't see that from a 16 year old from the states to often.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
  #180
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Got 4 free club seat tics for the oct 11 game against Indiana. Nice to know big wigs that work for Farmers Union. DynamoAO if you happen to be there I would be happy to buy you a beer if you would like.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
  #181
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Fargo is in Cedar Rapids tonight.....my first chance to see Chris Dienes in an opposing team's jersey!

herbst20 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
  #182
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Fargo is in Cedar Rapids tonight.....my first chance to see Chris Dienes in an opposing team's jersey!
Was he good for CR? He was probably the worst defenseman for Fargo on opening night, except for maybe Rocco.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:48 AM
  #183
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
He was never Bad so to speak for CR. I surely didnt think Carlson would cut him but from what I have heard, Mark is really really high on the rookie defenseman he brought in this year which made Chris expendable.

herbst20 is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 01:43 PM
  #184
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Off to Fargo for the Force game tonight against the Ice. Hopefully they end the 2 game losing streak.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
  #185
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Off to Fargo for the Force game tonight against the Ice. Hopefully they end the 2 game losing streak.
I thought about going, since the Force gave away hundreds of tickets for free, if you stopped at any of the area Buffalo Wild Wings locations.

Nahhhhhhh.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 11:38 PM
  #186
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
I thought about going, since the Force gave away hundreds of tickets for free, if you stopped at any of the area Buffalo Wild Wings locations.

Nahhhhhhh.
I would of bought ya a beer. Not much of a crowd for giving away free tics. I think they said a little over 3100. Hell of an entertaining game though. Back and forth with the Force winning 6-5.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:44 AM
  #187
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,847
vCash: 500
Any thoughts on Toninato?

Four1 Lead is online now  
Old
10-18-2012, 11:13 PM
  #188
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Any thoughts on Toninato?
He looked pretty good tonight. Worked hard but struggled with face offs. Not afraid to get his nose dirty. Force beat Youngstown 2-1 tonight before 3200 fans.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:01 AM
  #189
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
This is good to see. When this facility was built it was to have 4 other indoor rinks with it. It would be nice to see at least 2 added at least since none of the 4 were added.

http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/ar.../group/Sports/

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
11-04-2012, 09:13 AM
  #190
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Force get their first road win in Lincoln last night 6-3.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
  #191
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd
 
lostpuppysyndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: Canada
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Saw the Sioux Falls game couple weekends ago, and I'm really impressed with the Force. They played HARD. Justin Wade looks like a solid D performer out there. Hope to catch one of their games once I'm up there round Christmas.

lostpuppysyndrome is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
  #192
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
FWIW, Dakota, here's an article about the **** lot job at the arena. Seems I may not be the only one to take notice.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/...icials-respond

Quote:
"We really don't want to have to pave it today, because this is where we designed to have the sheets of ice. And we wouldn't want to have that money go to waste," he sayas.
Clutch typo from the brainiacs that are the local media...but that's a rant for another day.

So, in essence, they don't want to spend the money to pave the area because AT ONE TIME, they were going to build that multi-sheet facility. Now that the POWER Center and Family Wellness are there, it's obvious they simply ....drrr, CANT build anything there...they still choose to not pave the area.

Not to mention...

Quote:
Kram says the issue may not even be the city of Fargo's to enforce, since he thinks the lot in question may be on Fargo Park District property.
How the **** do you not even know who owns the land on the grounds of which you are the manager? That's someone who should really have their job. He should just go back to Target where he was before he worked at Scheels Arena, he can't be worse at that job than he is at this one.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
  #193
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpuppysyndrome View Post
Saw the Sioux Falls game couple weekends ago, and I'm really impressed with the Force. They played HARD. Justin Wade looks like a solid D performer out there. Hope to catch one of their games once I'm up there round Christmas.
You will have to wait until Cedar Rapids comes to town then....Wade traded to Cedar Rapids this week for Gavin Bayreuther.

herbst20 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM
  #194
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
You will have to wait until Cedar Rapids comes to town then....Wade traded to Cedar Rapids this week for Gavin Bayreuther.
Wade has been a mainstay on the team. I was a bit shocked by the trade.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
  #195
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Wade has been a mainstay on the team. I was a bit shocked by the trade.
Me too but the trade filled a void for both teams. Fargo need a PP QB and got it in Bayreuther whereas CR needed a physical stay at home defenseman. I am surprised they trade Wade though. I have heard many teams inquire about him and Fargo had shot down all offers

herbst20 is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 08:53 AM
  #196
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Me too but the trade filled a void for both teams. Fargo need a PP QB and got it in Bayreuther whereas CR needed a physical stay at home defenseman. I am surprised they trade Wade though. I have heard many teams inquire about him and Fargo had shot down all offers
If Bay was on Brian Cooper's level in terms of overall package, it's a wash for both teams. But...he's not Brian Cooper and I'm pretty sure that's what the Force are expecting. What they are getting is Ian Young who skates a little better for one of the top D men in the league.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
  #197
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
If Bay was on Brian Cooper's level in terms of overall package, it's a wash for both teams. But...he's not Brian Cooper and I'm pretty sure that's what the Force are expecting. What they are getting is Ian Young who skates a little better for one of the top D men in the league.
I have seen Wade once this year and love how physical he is. I am hoping to get to the Wednesday night game this week vs Lincoln, but it is my Anniversary and I dont know if the wife will let me out of the house!

herbst20 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
  #198
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Dakota, what do you think of Coach Marks calling his son up to be the backup this last weekend?

The same Logan Marks, whose GAA is 6.60 in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League last season. Whose GAA for his two teams before that was 6.22(his save percentage was dead last in the SJHL...) and 5.84(save percentage dead last in the PJHL). It's like he's playing roller hockey or something.

The kid makes Dayn Belfour look like ****ing Martin Brodeur.


Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 01-07-2013 at 09:56 AM.
IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
  #199
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Dakota, what do you think of Coach Marks calling his son up to be the backup this last weekend?

The same Logan Marks, whose GAA is 6.60 in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League last season. Whose GAA for his two teams before that was 6.22(his save percentage was dead last in the SJHL...) and 5.84(save percentage dead last in the PJHL). It's like he's playing roller hockey or something.

The kid makes Dayn Belfour look like ****ing Martin Brodeur.
Sorry haven't been paying much attention to the Force since the Sioux got back into action and I've been busy with my high school team. With those numbers he should think of another sport.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:48 PM
  #200
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 250
Force are on a roll.

Dakota Sioux is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.