HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

USHL Fargo Force

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 12:20 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Nice. I will have to remember that. How much for parking? Was the game sold out?
No idea about how much it was. No signs, he never even asked/told. Just examined my $20 for about ten seconds like it was foreign currency and says, "I don't have change, just go." While holding a massive wad of cash.

Not even close to a sellout. I think there were more people in the drunk area and GA than in the stands.

Gotta give Butrus Ghafari credit. Kid just turned 16 two months ago and answered the bell with Tanner Pond, who is a tough dude. Took Pond to the cleaners too.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
No idea about how much it was. No signs, he never even asked/told. Just examined my $20 for about ten seconds like it was foreign currency and says, "I don't have change, just go." While holding a massive wad of cash.

Not even close to a sellout. I think there were more people in the drunk area and GA than in the stands.

Gotta give Butrus Ghafari credit. Kid just turned 16 two months ago and answered the bell with Tanner Pond, who is a tough dude. Took Pond to the cleaners too.
The kid Ghafari from Canada?

Old
09-29-2012, 07:40 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
The kid Ghafari from Canada?

Michigan.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Michigan.
Wonder where where he learned to fight. Just don't see that from a 16 year old from the states to often.

Old
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Dakota Sioux

Got 4 free club seat tics for the oct 11 game against Indiana. Nice to know big wigs that work for Farmers Union. DynamoAO if you happen to be there I would be happy to buy you a beer if you would like.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
herbst20

Fargo is in Cedar Rapids tonight.....my first chance to see Chris Dienes in an opposing team's jersey!

Old
10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Fargo is in Cedar Rapids tonight.....my first chance to see Chris Dienes in an opposing team's jersey!
Was he good for CR? He was probably the worst defenseman for Fargo on opening night, except for maybe Rocco.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:48 AM
herbst20

He was never Bad so to speak for CR. I surely didnt think Carlson would cut him but from what I have heard, Mark is really really high on the rookie defenseman he brought in this year which made Chris expendable.

Old
10-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Dakota Sioux

Off to Fargo for the Force game tonight against the Ice. Hopefully they end the 2 game losing streak.

Old
10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Off to Fargo for the Force game tonight against the Ice. Hopefully they end the 2 game losing streak.
I thought about going, since the Force gave away hundreds of tickets for free, if you stopped at any of the area Buffalo Wild Wings locations.

Nahhhhhhh.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
I thought about going, since the Force gave away hundreds of tickets for free, if you stopped at any of the area Buffalo Wild Wings locations.

Nahhhhhhh.
I would of bought ya a beer. Not much of a crowd for giving away free tics. I think they said a little over 3100. Hell of an entertaining game though. Back and forth with the Force winning 6-5.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Any thoughts on Toninato?

Old
10-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Any thoughts on Toninato?
He looked pretty good tonight. Worked hard but struggled with face offs. Not afraid to get his nose dirty. Force beat Youngstown 2-1 tonight before 3200 fans.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Dakota Sioux

This is good to see. When this facility was built it was to have 4 other indoor rinks with it. It would be nice to see at least 2 added at least since none of the 4 were added.

http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/ar.../group/Sports/

Old
11-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Dakota Sioux

Force get their first road win in Lincoln last night 6-3.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

Saw the Sioux Falls game couple weekends ago, and I'm really impressed with the Force. They played HARD. Justin Wade looks like a solid D performer out there. Hope to catch one of their games once I'm up there round Christmas.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

FWIW, Dakota, here's an article about the **** lot job at the arena. Seems I may not be the only one to take notice.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/...icials-respond

Quote:
"We really don't want to have to pave it today, because this is where we designed to have the sheets of ice. And we wouldn't want to have that money go to waste," he sayas.
Clutch typo from the brainiacs that are the local media...but that's a rant for another day.

So, in essence, they don't want to spend the money to pave the area because AT ONE TIME, they were going to build that multi-sheet facility. Now that the POWER Center and Family Wellness are there, it's obvious they simply ....drrr, CANT build anything there...they still choose to not pave the area.

Not to mention...

Quote:
Kram says the issue may not even be the city of Fargo's to enforce, since he thinks the lot in question may be on Fargo Park District property.
How the **** do you not even know who owns the land on the grounds of which you are the manager? That's someone who should really have their job. He should just go back to Target where he was before he worked at Scheels Arena, he can't be worse at that job than he is at this one.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpuppysyndrome View Post
Saw the Sioux Falls game couple weekends ago, and I'm really impressed with the Force. They played HARD. Justin Wade looks like a solid D performer out there. Hope to catch one of their games once I'm up there round Christmas.
You will have to wait until Cedar Rapids comes to town then....Wade traded to Cedar Rapids this week for Gavin Bayreuther.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
You will have to wait until Cedar Rapids comes to town then....Wade traded to Cedar Rapids this week for Gavin Bayreuther.
Wade has been a mainstay on the team. I was a bit shocked by the trade.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
herbst20

Quote:
Wade has been a mainstay on the team. I was a bit shocked by the trade.
Me too but the trade filled a void for both teams. Fargo need a PP QB and got it in Bayreuther whereas CR needed a physical stay at home defenseman. I am surprised they trade Wade though. I have heard many teams inquire about him and Fargo had shot down all offers

Old
12-10-2012, 08:53 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Me too but the trade filled a void for both teams. Fargo need a PP QB and got it in Bayreuther whereas CR needed a physical stay at home defenseman. I am surprised they trade Wade though. I have heard many teams inquire about him and Fargo had shot down all offers
If Bay was on Brian Cooper's level in terms of overall package, it's a wash for both teams. But...he's not Brian Cooper and I'm pretty sure that's what the Force are expecting. What they are getting is Ian Young who skates a little better for one of the top D men in the league.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
herbst20

Quote:
If Bay was on Brian Cooper's level in terms of overall package, it's a wash for both teams. But...he's not Brian Cooper and I'm pretty sure that's what the Force are expecting. What they are getting is Ian Young who skates a little better for one of the top D men in the league.
I have seen Wade once this year and love how physical he is. I am hoping to get to the Wednesday night game this week vs Lincoln, but it is my Anniversary and I dont know if the wife will let me out of the house!

Old
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Dakota, what do you think of Coach Marks calling his son up to be the backup this last weekend?

The same Logan Marks, whose GAA is 6.60 in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League last season. Whose GAA for his two teams before that was 6.22(his save percentage was dead last in the SJHL...) and 5.84(save percentage dead last in the PJHL). It's like he's playing roller hockey or something.

The kid makes Dayn Belfour look like ****ing Martin Brodeur.

Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 01-07-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Dakota, what do you think of Coach Marks calling his son up to be the backup this last weekend?

The same Logan Marks, whose GAA is 6.60 in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League last season. Whose GAA for his two teams before that was 6.22(his save percentage was dead last in the SJHL...) and 5.84(save percentage dead last in the PJHL). It's like he's playing roller hockey or something.

The kid makes Dayn Belfour look like ****ing Martin Brodeur.
Sorry haven't been paying much attention to the Force since the Sioux got back into action and I've been busy with my high school team. With those numbers he should think of another sport.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Dakota Sioux

Force are on a roll.

Closed Thread