HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anyone else not wearing their NHL gear due to the lockout?

Old
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
If you wear a sports jersey outside of a game in Sweden, people will think there's something wrong with you.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Mouse21*

besides embarrassment, there is no reason not to. nothing anyone can do will change anything

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Gormo
Holupchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Yep. I have a Devils polo that occasionally makes its way out into public usage.

I always get some doofus asking, "how's that hockey season going? OH RIGHT."
This.

Id feel like a ******.

Gormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
besides embarrassment, there is no reason not to. nothing anyone can do will change anything
That's the thing...last time I wore something Devils related maybe in October, I had multiple people asking me about the lockout, a couple even said why are you wearing anything? I can't really answer that, I do feel like wearing Devils stuff at 'this' point is supporting the league that's crapping on us. I'll put all my Devil shirts back on when this is over, but in the meantime I'm going without.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
Nobody said it makes you any less of a fan. Why should I promote them by wearing a shirt, a hat, etc. if they can't put a product on the ice?

Jerseys have remained in the closet, Penguins shirts have been getting pushed to the back of the closet due to rotation due to not being worn. The Penguins license plate holder that was shattered in my accident in September has not been replaced, nor will it be replaced until an agreement is made. Hats? I have two that are non-Pens: a Nailers hat that I wear when I run or head to the rink, and an A* hat that isnt' destroyed with sweat, dirt, etc.
There are lockouts and strikes happening everyday, some affect less people some more, i agree with the fact that it sucks, but at the same time, nhl teams are worth on average about 282M$, and its a multi-billion dollar industry, its normal that negociating a new CBA will take time. The collateral dammage is more evident in this case because of the nature of the business but it still doesnt mean, in my opinion, that the feelings of the fans, while important to keep the nhl growing, shouldnt be a factor in the negociations.

The way i see it, its a business negociation, ill just wait on the sidelines until both parties have reached an agreement that theyre both happy with, and when that happens, ill gladly go back to watching nhl games without showing anger, without complaining about the lenght of the lockout (or the cancelled season if that be the case), and especially without being less of a fan, just like i would for any other business that goes though a lockout or a strike.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

I won't be buying anything NHL branded for some years, and even then I won't be buying anything with any player association ever again after that.

Nameless jerseys in the future.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

I'm probably wearing my stuff more, simply due to not having to keep it clean for game nights at the arena or corner bar.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
That's the thing...last time I wore something Devils related maybe in October, I had multiple people asking me about the lockout, a couple even said why are you wearing anything? I can't really answer that, I do feel like wearing Devils stuff at 'this' point is supporting the league that's crapping on us. I'll put all my Devil shirts back on when this is over, but in the meantime I'm going without.
Decency laws... You'd get arrested if you didn't, and quite possibly end up a registered sex offender.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
mikitas donut
The Hammer!

Nope. Been wearing my London Knights jersey. I put all my Hawks stuff I have storage. I wear my Warrior and Bauer hats now that it's cold.

mikitas donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
pbgoalie

I usually send NHL gifts to one of my brothers, and a couple of friends.
I am not shopping for NHL gear this Christmas. Whether I ever do again
is up to debate. I doubt it though

pbgoalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I've bought a habs hat, but I needed a new one. I've wore it twice. After I bought and to my gf's parent's place cause her dad is a Sens' fan.

I have a t-shirt I wear the odd time, but it's covered by sweaters, or something. I haven't wore a jersey as I only wear them uptown on game day, or to the arena.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
Only wearing my hats at the moment. Jerseys and shirts are locked away until it starts back up

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Haven't worn any of my hats, scarves, jerseys, etc

Haven't and won't buy anything. Even when the game comes back I'm not buying any merch. I was planning on getting myself a Justin Schultz jersey but that's out the window.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote