HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Canada

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
  #826
SH15
Registered User
 
SH15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
I bet they have 4 A's and rotate.

Prediction:

C - Huberdeau
A - Jenner
A - RNH
A - Hamilton
A - Harrington

My Choices:

C - Jenner
A - RNH
A - Huberdeau
A - Hamilton
A - Strome

SH15 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
  #827
JaredCowenFan
PS4: SenzFan2
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Looks great.

I'm hoping Dumba gets a shot this year! Along with Reinhart and Brossoit.

JaredCowenFan is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
  #828
shaner89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 14,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I've said it before and will say it again, Catenacci will make this roster, even if it is as the 13th forward. He's the most versatile player on this list and easily one of the best skaters. I think he will play the same role as Cizikas, a high energy, fast guy who can do it all. Players like him are incredibly valuable.
I agree. He can do everything.

shaner89 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
  #829
scout97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
What are mcniel,lipon, and shinkaruks chances of making the team. What spot would they compete for top six or bottom six ???

scout97 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
  #830
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Surprised Di Giuseppe did not get an invite seeing that he was last year, im guessing his sub-par year at michigan hurt his chances.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
  #831
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,711
vCash: 50
So why exactly isn't Binnington penciled in as the starter?

While stats are similar, I see Binnington as being the better option as of now.

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:19 PM
  #832
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
So why exactly isn't Binnington penciled in as the starter?

While stats are similar, I see Binnington as being the better option as of now.
I think it stems to the fact that Subban played very well during the summer series and hockey Canada has a lot of confidence in him. But things can change very quickly. And as we have all seen goaltending has been a problem since canada has won gold in leksand in 2007 with Price as their starting goalie.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:19 PM
  #833
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Not sure I even noticed Percy in the SuperSeries. Over hyped because hes a Leaf pick.
Just to rejog your memory, Percy was assigned to shutdown Yakupov's line and he did in both games. The only reason why he's being overhyped is by people like you who keep reminding everyone he's a leaf pick.

It makes sense why Percy didn't make it, there's just way too much high end talent on the blueline. It's good to see the depth in Canada.

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
  #834
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone
 
GuillaumeLetsundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
So why exactly isn't Binnington penciled in as the starter?

While stats are similar, I see Binnington as being the better option as of now.
Could these be because St louis blues are your team?
sick of all these homers, it is tough to read.

To answer your question Subban has been the best goalie Canada has had by far in any of their skates this summer/SSS. Which is why he is penciled in as starter, it is his spot to lose. Of course not saying that Binnington would be there to pick up the pieces if something did go wrong.

GuillaumeLetsundress is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
  #835
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,072
vCash: 500
You can probably tell who's going to make it. Might be one or two surprises but I would bet Team Canada has their picks mostly done already.

Locks are in italics.

Jonathan Huberdeau - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Mark Scheifele
Ty Rattie - Ryan Strome - Brett Ritchie
Charles Hudon - Boone Jenner - Phillip Danault
Mark McNeil - Sean Monahan - Colton Sissons
Nathan MacKinnon

I have MacKinnon as the 13th forward but I think he can slot in anywhere. Move him to the second line RW spot, anywhere really. I have Ritchie and Strome together to begin with because they have insane chemistry right now, but if that changes Ritchie can easily move down and fill another role, and you can move MacKinnon up. I don't want Tom Wilson there because I don't see how he can be effective at all on international ice.

Morgan Reilly - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy - Griffin Reinhart
Xaiver Ouellet - Scott Harrington
Mathew Dumba

Despite what people here think, there is no chance Spott only plays Murphy on the powerplay. He'll get significant time playing with the 2 top scoring lines. I see the top 2 pairings getting equal time, with the final pairing getting slightly less, as I don't see them playing often with the top 2 lines, but they'll they'll get more penalty killing time. I see ice time going: 21-21-18.

Malcolm Subban
Jordan Binnington
Laurent Brossoit

Malcolm Subban and Binnington will be the 2 goalies dressed all the time, though Subban is the clear starter. Brossoit is the emergency goalie Canada will take with them to Ufa.

For captains, they've got a tonne of choices. They've got 6 captains. Huberdeau, Harrington, Murphy, Jenner, Ouellet and McNeil. You can be they're going to get chosen from those.

Captains
Captain:
Boone Jenner

Alternates:
Jonathan Huberdeau
Scott Harrington
Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I feel as if Murphy and Harrington are getting invites because they were previously on the team. There are better players that did not get the call.
Players with better stats maybe, better players? No. People need to learn the difference.

And I'm pretty vocal for my dislike of Harrington.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:31 PM
  #836
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 390
C: Huberdeau
A: Hamilton
A: Nugent-Hopkins
A: Ouellet
A: Dumba or Jenner

JayKing is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  #837
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
Could these be because St louis blues are your team?
sick of all these homers, it is tough to read.

To answer your question Subban has been the best goalie Canada has had by far in any of their skates this summer/SSS. Which is why he is penciled in as starter, it is his spot to lose. Of course not saying that Binnington would be there to pick up the pieces if something did go wrong.
Actually, no. It's not cause the Blues are my team. It's because Binnington holds a 16-4 record over Subban's 13-7-3 record.

It's Binngington's 2.15 GAA and his .935SV% over Subban's 2.23GAA and his .931SV%.

It's also Binnington's three shutouts to Subban's two.

It's the fact that Binnington is having a better year than Subban.

Sorry for bein such a homer.

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
  #838
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Strome rnh scheiffele
Hubs mackinnon drouin
Catenacci jenner wilson
Sissons mcneil danault
Shinkaruk/hudon

Rielly hamilton
Harrington ouellet
Sproule reinhart
Murphy

Broissoit
Subban
Binnington

sabresEH is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
  #839
Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,091
vCash: 270
I'd like to see Drouin on the team, even if he didn't get to play much..

Izzy is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM
  #840
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Actually, no. It's not cause the Blues are my team. It's because Binnington holds a 16-4 record over Subban's 13-7-3 record.

It's Binngington's 2.15 GAA and his .935SV% over Subban's 2.23GAA and his .931SV%.

It's also Binnington's three shutouts to Subban's two.

It's the fact that Binnington is having a better year than Subban.

Sorry for bein such a homer.
Binnington plays on a better team.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
  #841
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,263
vCash: 500
I'd love to see Sproul there. He's red hot right now after coming back from his injury early, of all things. I have to think that shows the kid is pretty tough both physically and mentally.

That said, I think Murphy will get the spot. Not that I think Murphy should, but his coach is his coach.

Guru Meditation is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
  #842
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Actually, no. It's not cause the Blues are my team. It's because Binnington holds a 16-4 record over Subban's 13-7-3 record.

It's Binngington's 2.15 GAA and his .935SV% over Subban's 2.23GAA and his .931SV%.

It's also Binnington's three shutouts to Subban's two.

It's the fact that Binnington is having a better year than Subban.

Sorry for bein such a homer.
Dude the save% and number of shutouts are barely different. Not saying you're wrong by sayin that Binnington is the hottest right now, but as of right now, it's Subban's spot to lose.

JayKing is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
  #843
Parise9Crosby87
Registered User
 
Parise9Crosby87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boca raton florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
drouin will make the team with nathan

Parise9Crosby87 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
  #844
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Binnington plays on a better team.
I knew that would be one of the comebacks to that.

Ever think it's a better team because of Binnington?

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
  #845
BOUNCE
Registered User
 
BOUNCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
Considering Huberdeau was Captain in the summer series I'd put him as favourite for wearing the 'C'.

Don't sleep on Boone Jenner for captain. In fact, he'd be my #1 choice. Wears the 'C' in Oshawa. One of the top players in the best Junior league in the country. Scores, hits, great on faceoffs, off ice leader. Leads the OHL in goals. Returning player. I could see Boone getting the 'C' easily. But I'm sure a lot will be determined at camp and who steps up as a leader.

RNH will be the most talented player on the team, but that doesn't automatically make him a captain. He'll likely wear an 'A' but the 'C' will go to someone who has been through this tournament before. Can't believe people actually believe the most skilled player is automatically the captain.

Not just the most skilled, most experienced and played against the highest level of competition out of any player on that team. RNH SHOULD BE CAPTAIN!

BOUNCE is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
  #846
leafsfuture
Registered User
 
leafsfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Actually, no. It's not cause the Blues are my team. It's because Binnington holds a 16-4 record over Subban's 13-7-3 record.

It's Binngington's 2.15 GAA and his .935SV% over Subban's 2.23GAA and his .931SV%.

It's also Binnington's three shutouts to Subban's two.

It's the fact that Binnington is having a better year than Subban.

Sorry for bein such a homer.
Player A: 30 - 13 - 1 record, 2.45 GAA, .917SV%, 3 SO

Player B: 34 - 9 - 3 record, 1.86 GAA, .929SV%, 11 SO

Player A is Carey Price, player B was Leland Irving in 06/07

leafsfuture is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
  #847
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
I knew that would be one of the comebacks to that.

Ever think it's a better team because of Binnington?
Binnington is one of their best players, but they are not better virtue of Binnington. They are better because they are a better team, in the division with arguably the 3 best teams in the OHL.

Binnington will likely go, but not as a starter.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
  #848
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Yeah.

Binner has been unreal this season, but the starter's job is Subban's to lose.

(And this is coming from an Attack fan.)

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
  #849
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Player A: 30 - 13 - 1 record, 2.45 GAA, .917SV%, 3 SO

Player B: 34 - 9 - 3 record, 1.86 GAA, .929SV%, 11 SO

Player A is Carey Price, player B was Leland Irving in 06/07

Haha, touché.

Randall Ritchey is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
  #850
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Strome rnh scheiffele
Hubs mackinnon drouin
Catenacci jenner wilson
Sissons mcneil danault
Shinkaruk/hudon

Rielly hamilton
Harrington ouellet
Sproule reinhart
Murphy

Broissoit
Subban
Binnington

sabresEH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.