HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
No St. Croix on Canada WJC selection roster.

Is it likely to be just Miller and Ceresnak representing the Rangers this year?

Old
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
No St. Croix on Canada WJC selection roster.

Is it likely to be just Miller and Ceresnak representing the Rangers this year?
St. Croix really gets no love from Canada, but looking at that roster, damn that's deep. Canada going to be very tough to contend with. Scheifele and Nugent-Hopkins are going to rip the tournament apart.

A dry year for Rangers prospects, that's for sure.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Mike Reilly (in my granted limited viewing) has looked a lot better than Skjei. He certainly has more of his coaches trust.
I will just say I strongly disagree and leave it at that. Reilly looks slick in the offensive zone but his defensive play leaves a ton to be desired.

12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
St. Croix really gets no love from Canada, but looking at that roster, damn that's deep. Canada going to be very tough to contend with. Scheifele and Nugent-Hopkins are going to rip the tournament apart.

Lindberg is gonna play for Sweden.. http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...al-tournament/

any news on Fast, Andersson or any other prospects??

Old
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I will just say I strongly disagree and leave it at that. Reilly looks slick in the offensive zone but his defensive play leaves a ton to be desired.
Yeah, I'd say that's fair, but I haven't come away from any game feeling warm and fuzzy about Skjei's defensive game either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

Yeah I would have been surprised if St. Croix made the roster. His game is pretty one-dimensional and that dimension is not one Canada is lacking this year.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Lindberg is gonna play for Sweden.. http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...al-tournament/
That's not the WJC, though. Lindberg is 21.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
NYR Viper

Yeah, I would be surprised if Skeji does NOT make the USA roster. His skating, size and offensive ability would make him a pretty nice weapon for the USA team.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Leetch3

sweden's roster includes dman christian djoos...son of the always classic Pear Juice

Old
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yeah, I would be surprised if Skeji does NOT make the USA roster. His skating, size and offensive ability would make him a pretty nice weapon for the USA team.
To be fair there are several players off to much better starts than him thus far. Competition will be tough.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
That's not the WJC, though. Lindberg is 21.
I know that. I posted that because he is Rangers property. I hope he comes to North America after the season

Old
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
They already did and his name is Cam Talbot
I realized that, but I'm saying that our goaltending isn't that good. We will never know if Talbot decides to be impatient and pull what Johnson did this past off season and bolt to Phoenix so I meant that after Talbot we have really no one besides Missiaen and Stajcer. Both of who I don't particularly care for. There are a lot of college goalies right now that are playing great hockey and deserve a contract. I feel the Rangers should scout them hard, bring 'em into development camp, and pick the best one there (unless they want more idk).

Old
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
We should definitely get another goalie. Stajcer and Missiaen are trash, not even decent AHL guys. We have one viable goalie in the system, and that's crazy.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We should definitely get another goalie. Stajcer and Missiaen are trash, not even decent AHL guys. We have one viable goalie in the system, and that's crazy.
that is so true. i was hoping that the Rangers would have drafted Malcom Subban... http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=124602 .the same can be said for defense at least that is on the Whale except McIlrath cause he has been hurt and has some potential.. most of those dman on the Whale wont ever play one game in the NHL....Rangers can use some more younger AHL dman that actually have some potential... if Niemi and Collins are on the Rangers roster at any point of the season, they have issues

Old
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 780
How about Parker Milner?

12-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
that is so true. i was hoping that the Rangers would have drafted Malcom Subban... http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=124602 .the same can be said for defense at least that is on the Whale except McIlrath cause he has been hurt and has some potential.. most of those dman on the Whale wont ever play one game in the NHL....Rangers can use some more younger AHL dman that actually have some potential... if Niemi and Collins are on the Rangers roster at any point of the season, they have issues

Who was the last first rounder outside of the top-10 who became a star? Brodeur in 1990?

If you look at goalies, it's either top-10 picks or late-rounders who blossomed unexpectedly. Guys like Subban who were drafted in the 15-30 spot are almost always going to be wasted picks.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:40 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We have to, for sure. And Talbot's upside is that of a mediocre NHL back-up. It's scary how little depth we have between the pipes.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Who was the last first rounder outside of the top-10 who became a star? Brodeur in 1990?

If you look at goalies, it's either top-10 picks or late-rounders who blossomed unexpectedly. Guys like Subban who were drafted in the 15-30 spot are almost always going to be wasted picks.
Here's a list of the goalies picked in the last half of the first round since 2002:

Cam Ward
Semyon Varlamov
Tuukka Rask
Cory Schneider
Hannu Toivonen
Leland Irving
Marek Schwarz
Thomas McCollum
Chet Pickard

Not nearly as bleak as you paint it.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
I realized that, but I'm saying that our goaltending isn't that good. We will never know if Talbot decides to be impatient and pull what Johnson did this past off season and bolt to Phoenix so I meant that after Talbot we have really no one besides Missiaen and Stajcer. Both of who I don't particularly care for. There are a lot of college goalies right now that are playing great hockey and deserve a contract. I feel the Rangers should scout them hard, bring 'em into development camp, and pick the best one there (unless they want more idk).
What I meant with my response is that the organization has already done that so for all we know Clarke and co. might be looking for Missiaen's replacement considering how terrible he's been. Maybe they want to bring a college goalie in for next year's development camp, the only problem is that it's not that time of year yet.
And I agree, the Rangers have a weak goaltending pool, but that's what happens when you have a stable #1. As long as Hank is here, we'll probably have more guys like Johnson leaving for a chance elsewhere. The same can said for JAM and Wellman wanting out. That's what happens when you have a great team and most of us aren't used to that

Old
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How about Parker Milner?
You mean Parkkaaa Milnnaaa

Old
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Same. I would be extremely surprised.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Actually, I don't see defense as THAT large of a problem moving forward. McDonagh, MDZ, Staal and Girardi should be here long-term. Hopefully Sauer can be included in that.

They have at least a couple of players destined for the AHL next season in Ceresnak and Noreau, possibly Skjei but I doubt it. Andersson will play in the SEL for a couple of seasons before thinking about coming over.

I would say it would make sense for the Rangers to try to sign a couple of college/junior UFA d-men and a goalie this year. That is their organizational weakness as far as AHL depth but this had to be expected as the Rangers have gone pretty heavily in favor of forwards for the past few years and with the trade of Erixon and the injury to McIlrath, it leaves a poor showing for our AHL team.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

One thing Skjei has going for him is his past success with Seth Jones. Those two compliment each other very well and done very well on the U-18 side.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Miller and Skjei both make the preliminary US roster. No Fogarty or Nieves who were real longshots.

Cutting out 2 of the 9 defensemen is gonna be very difficult.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Miller and Skjei are on the US roster. Evaluation camp to come.

No Fogarty

http://usahockey.cachefly.net/Media/...naryRoster.pdf

Old
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 780
For those of you who watched these players, do you think this is a good team?

Closed Thread