HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v.23: The Return of Kyle Lowry

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Demar was a huge disappointment in college though. He was touted as the potential first overall pick before people saw more of him and he dropped like a rock over his draft year.

Wiggins seems to have much better range than Demar and is already more athletic, but hopefully Wiggins goes to Kentucky where we can all watch him more regularly. I wouldn't put Wiggins in the Lebron category, but I do believe he can reach the same hype Durant had in his freshman year at Texas.
Yeah. He's that good of a scorer he's in that category. But like I said he'd need to fill out his frame. He's not as tall as Durant, but he's got the wing span and he's freakishly quick for his size. If he can bulk up huge like LeBron is and keep his athleticism he'd be something else. But like I said LeBron is a freak..

And Demar needs a three point shot before he could've fulfilled his full potential. Another year in college would've helped him work on this part of his game, IMO.

12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Derozan wasn't a huge hype. He's still not done developing. And actually this year he's been solid. Exactly what we expected from him he just needs to start getting some calls going his way.

I'm not comparing him to Steve Nash. They are comparing him to Scottie Pippen though. I'm just saying he could be better then him in terms of their career numbers in scoring / all around stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Demar was a huge disappointment in college though. He was touted as the potential first overall pick before people saw more of him and he dropped like a rock over his draft year.

Wiggins seems to have much better range than Demar and is already more athletic, but hopefully Wiggins goes to Kentucky where we can all watch him more regularly. I wouldn't put Wiggins in the Lebron category, but I do believe he can reach the same hype Durant had in his freshman year at Texas.

This is my point. He was touted as the next Carter when Carter was still a star. When he was Wiggins age now people locked him in for #1 until he faced college level defense and couldn't easily get to the basket. I'm not knockin Derozen or Wiggins, I'm just saying this level of hype is far more common then the actual realization of said hype.

I'm incredibly excited at the potential for Wiggins, and hope he can at least be great for Team Canada, or hopefully the Raptors. But I'm not gonna gonna add to the hype.

Few prospects live up to the hype doled on them from a young age. For every LeBron and Sid there is a Vinnie Lecavelier, Reggie Bush and Greg Oden. (I was personally super pumped for Oden!!)

Old
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
This is my point. He was touted as the next Carter when Carter was still a star. When he was Wiggins age now people locked him in for #1 until he faced college level defense and couldn't easily get to the basket. I'm not knockin Derozen or Wiggins, I'm just saying this level of hype is far more common then the actual realization of said hype.

I'm incredibly excited at the potential for Wiggins, and hope he can at least be great for Team Canada, or hopefully the Raptors. But I'm not gonna gonna add to the hype.

Few prospects live up to the hype doled on them from a young age. For every LeBron and Sid there is a Vinnie Lecavelier, Reggie Bush and Greg Oden. (I was personally super pumped for Oden!!)
It wasn't that he hit college defense. He didn't improve his 3 point shot. That was on him. It wasn't defense or anything, he can still get to the basket, he just doesn't have a jumper.

Vinne Lecavalier got hit in the head and ever since he hasn't been the same player. Not to mention all the wrist injuries he's suffered. Reggie Bush is perfectly fine He's on a bad team. And again Oden, injuries. I said if Wiggins avoids injuries and fills out his frame he'll be REALLY good.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
It wasn't that he hit college defense. He didn't improve his 3 point shot. That was on him. It wasn't defense or anything, he can still get to the basket, he just doesn't have a jumper.

Vinne Lecavalier got hit in the head and ever since he hasn't been the same player. Not to mention all the wrist injuries he's suffered. Reggie Bush is perfectly fine He's on a bad team. And again Oden, injuries. I said if Wiggins avoids injuries and fills out his frame he'll be REALLY good.
I think Wiggins is gonna really good to, but I don't know about two MVP's good. Especially when you take in the fact that Nash did it in Kobe and LeBron's prime. That's like Stockton winning MVP twice during Magic and Jordan's time. Almost.

And don't forget, DD was that hyped going in to college.

Last edited by The Naz: 12-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

Quote:
I think Wiggins is gonna really good to, but I don't know about two MVP's good. Especially when you take in the fact that Nash did it in Kobe and LeBron's prime. That's like Stockton winning MVP twice during Magic and Jordan's time. Almost.
LeBron's prime? He was on a team by himself He's in his prime now but it's not seen as that because he's playing with D Wade and Bosh. He's so mature now. He's came out and admitted he'd change the way he did everything. He hated it. He's a different person and right now is his prime.

Nash winning those two MVPs was more so because of Phoenix's record and their scoring then it was what he actually accomplished. I'm sure Nash would be the first to tell you that he'd trade both those for a ring. LeBron and Kobe are easily higher above Nash, even in Nash's prime.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:43 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
LeBron's prime? He was on a team by himself He's in his prime now but it's not seen as that because he's playing with D Wade and Bosh. He's so mature now. He's came out and admitted he'd change the way he did everything. He hated it. He's a different person and right now is his prime.

Nash winning those two MVPs was more so because of Phoenix's record and their scoring then it was what he actually accomplished. I'm sure Nash would be the first to tell you that he'd trade both those for a ring. LeBron and Kobe are easily higher above Nash, even in Nash's prime.

Looking into it, LeBron was still quite young then. I didn't realize how long ago it was already that Nash won the MVPs. (04-05, 05-06) but it still was in Bryant's career year of 35.6 ppg. Also of note, KB has won the MVP once.

I really think in talking about Wiggins being (possibly) better then Nash, your taking away from Nash's greatness. Wiggins could be MVP good, but let him stand on his own merit before belittling what Nash did. I get the impression your suggesting Nash was lucky getting his. As though it was fluke.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:

Oden was limited because of injury not skill. I still think if he was healthy or relatively healthy he would have been a force in the league. And you can hardly say Lecavelier was a disappointment. He has battled a bad back for a while now and in his prime was a legit 1st line center on any team.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
Quote:
Injuries and mismanagement.

Actually, all three of those guys fell because of injuries, but Reggie is still a productive player, it's just he never got the chance to be that #1 option. New Orleans was possibly the worst place he could have went to.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ok I'm bored: Who do you think would win a best of 7 series between these two teams:

Team A:
Paul
Bryant
Durant
Nowitzki
Garnett

Vs.

Team B:
Rondo
Wade
James
Love
Howard

Just pretend bench players are equal in talent for both teams.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Swervin81
aka LeafsSharksBoy

Quote:

1. Vinnie Lecavalier was beastly in his prime, then he took a Matt Cooke to the knee and was never the same since.

2. Reggie Bush was horribly mismanaged by the Saints. Never given a fair chance to be the the #1 running back option on the team. Given the Darko Milicic treatment, essentially. Not given a fair shot until it was too late (with Dolphins).

3. Greg Oden has been insanely unlucky with injuries.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Ok I'm bored: Who do you think would win a best of 7 series between these two teams:

Team A:
Paul
Bryant
Durant
Nowitzki
Garnett

Vs.

Team B:
Rondo
Wade
James
Love
Howard

Team B easily IMO. Rondo, Wade, James and Howard are all great defenders, Lebron is the best player in the NBA and would post up Durant all day like in the finals, Love would stretch the floor for everyone and drain 3 pointers all day, Howard would finish lobs from Wade and Rondo all day and he and Love would absolutely eat Dirk and Garnett up on the glass.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
Switch Nowitzki with Aldridge/Duncan and put Noah in instead of Garnett imo

Also have Thibodeau coach Team A and Mike Woodson coach Team B

Old
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

Quote:

Team A:
Paul
Bryant
Durant
Nowitzki
Garnett

Vs.

Team B:
Rondo
Wade
James
Love
Howard

Easily team B. Dwight is absolutely retarded in the post. Love is a rebound machine too and LeBron with Rondo and Wade is just unstoppable.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:17 PM
thatshype

Quote:
Yeah. He's that good of a scorer he's in that category. But like I said he'd need to fill out his frame. He's not as tall as Durant, but he's got the wing span and he's freakishly quick for his size. If he can bulk up huge like LeBron is and keep his athleticism he'd be something else. But like I said LeBron is a freak..

And Demar needs a three point shot before he could've fulfilled his full potential. Another year in college would've helped him work on this part of his game, IMO.
That's probably impossible. Lebron was ~240lbs when he finished highschool, and most reports have Wiggins at around 200lbs (195-205 is the range I see). I don't think it's all reasonable to expect Wiggins to ever reach Lebron's bulk. Like you said, Lebron is a freak. My guess Wiggins will play at around 225lbs (compared to Lebron's 250).

And yea, Team B murders that 7 game series. Switching Garnett for Howard might even it up though.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah I guess I made team B too strong defensively. A is better offensively IMO but I guess not enough to overpower team B's defense. I agree, thatshype, that switching Howard would make it more even. With all that said, I still think it would be closer than you guys are saying considering the talent of the players involved.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors
Tonight's #Raptors starters vs. the @DenverNuggets: Lowry, DeRozan, Pietrus, Bargnani & Valanciunas. Kleiza (sore left hip) is out tonight.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:14 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 rebounds for Bargs. Good job buddy.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Swervin81
aka LeafsSharksBoy

Is that a triforce pattern on Leo's tie? If so, I might have actually just gained a tiny bit of respect for him. Nicely done!

Old
12-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Brody
Brooklyn ✔

vCash: 24591
Quote:
0 rebounds for Bargs. Good job buddy.
At least hes putting up points unlike Lowry.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

Team A:
Paul
Bryant
Durant
Nowitzki
Garnett

Vs.

Team B:
Rondo
Wade
James
Love
Howard

Team B for sure

Old
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

lol interesting strategy right now

Old
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

This is pretty entertaining. Liking the urgency.

Love when Derozan, Ross and Davis are on the court together like this

Old
12-03-2012, 10:13 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ross!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I love Davis

Old
12-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Ross with a huge 3. Raps actually made a game out of this after all.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Mike James is back in a Raps uni wearing #3 in red.

Closed Thread