HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who wants Jonathan Bernier?

Old
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Who wants Jonathan Bernier?

I thought i'd re open a can of worms. What teams are in the market for a goalie?

I'd be after young scoring wingers or picks or young defensive dmen that can hit. Perhaps a combination of each depending on whose being offered

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
WhitePony

If there is no season and Nabokov walks from the Isles, they may want a #1 to hold the fort while Nilsson/Poulin back up.

WhitePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePony View Post
If there is no season and Nabokov walks from the Isles, they may want a #1 to hold the fort while Nilsson/Poulin back up.
Since when was Bernier a number one?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePony View Post

Nabakov's drinking the kool aide on LI. He talks about them not being far off from a becoming a playoff team.

The isles situation assures him of getting the bulk of the starts(according to Botta).

The $2.75m the isles gave him for 2012-2013, is more then most teams would have offered him.

If the 2012-2013 season is wiped out, but we get the 2013-2014 season in, why wouldn't Nabokov want to sign another 1 yr deal with the NYI and why wouldn't the isles want him back, mentoring Nilson/Poulin?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Since when was Bernier a number one?
He's a potential number one, Ideally he'd be put in a similar situation as he was in LA, battling it out with another potential number one or splitting 50/50 with an aging number 1.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I thought i'd re open a can of worms. What teams are in the market for a goalie?

I'd be after young scoring wingers or picks or young defensive dmen that can hit. Perhaps a combination of each depending on whose being offered
Kulemin/Macarthur + Holzer + Scrivens would be my offer from a Leafs POV.

The Kings get a fairly young scoring winger, a young defensive d-man, and a young goalie who could back-up for Quick.

The Leafs don't give up any core pieces and acquire a goalie with # 1 potential.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Plenty of teams are on the market for a young goalie.

LA would be unwise to give him up at this point. They do need to allow him to breathe a bit more though, getting only 16 games a season or whatever won't cut it. He needs to get 20 in the NHL and more in the AHL until waiver claim becomes a worry.

Columbus was interested but apparently LA's demands are quite high. I think he'll get the Cory Schneider treatment.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post

The Kings get a fairly young scoring winger, a young defensive d-man, and a young goalie who could back-up for Quick.

The Leafs don't give up any core pieces and acquire a goalie with # 1 potential.
I would think Lombardi would grab that and run

Old
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
OkimLom

Quote:

Personally,
From Buffalo:
I start with a package of McNabb + Enroth. If not McNabb I think a kid like Lepkowski young prospect that is a stay-at home defenseman that enjoys to hit, would be a good fit in LA. To be honest, I'm not sure how LA's goalie pipeline is looking right now. So thats why I would inlcude Enroth. If LA's GM wants to go mobile, I would do a Sekera + Enroth deal.

From Los Angeles:
Bernier

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:31 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Personally,
From Buffalo:
I start with a package of McNabb + Enroth. If not McNabb I think a kid like Lepkowski young prospect that is a stay-at home defenseman that enjoys to hit, would be a good fit in LA. To be honest, I'm not sure how LA's goalie pipeline is looking right now. So thats why I would inlcude Enroth. If LA's GM wants to go mobile, I would do a Sekera + Enroth deal.

From Los Angeles:
Bernier
Id definately do Bernier for Mcnabb + Enroth

That seems like overpayment to me

Old
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Mac, Scrivens and a 2nd is the best you will get out of me

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

All of these packages seem like overpayment for Bernier.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
I would think Lombardi would grab that and run
It would probably have to be Macarthur not Kulemin in that package, and the Kings might have to add a 3rd round pick to even out the value, but I would certainly prefer the Leafs go after Bernier over chasing Luongo. Berniers age fits in much better with the group of young players we already have. I would be confident going into the year with a Bernier and Reimer tandem that one of them would win the # 1 position and run with it.

Macrthur + Holzer + Scrivens

for

Bernier + 3rd round pick 2013

We have the assets to improve our goaltending situation, and I think Burke will pull the trigger on a deal shortly after the lockout ends.

After this deal, the Leafs roster would look like:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Kadri-Mcclement-Frattin
Komarov-Steckel-Brown
Connolly, Lombardi, Colborne

Gunnar-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Komisarek
Ranger, Fraser, Kostka, Blacker

Bernier
Reimer

I think this team is better than the Leafs team we have right now, and if Bernier lives up to his potential it could be a fantastic trade long term. The Kings get some good depth guys in Macarthur and Holzer, and a replacement back-up for Bernier.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 351
oilers would like him very much

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Now I haven't seen that much of Bernier's play, but what does he have over other young goalies like Reimer or Dubnyk?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
oilers would like him very much
I'd pass on Bernier.

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
toronto and philly

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Now I haven't seen that much of Bernier's play, but what does he have over other young goalies like Reimer or Dubnyk?
A cup ring?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

I could see the Oilers being interested when Khabby is done.
A tandem of Dubey and Bernier might be good.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Mac, Scrivens and a 2nd is the best you will get out of me
Quote:
It would probably have to be Macarthur not Kulemin in that package, and the Kings might have to add a 3rd round pick to even out the value, but I would certainly prefer the Leafs go after Bernier over chasing Luongo. Berniers age fits in much better with the group of young players we already have. I would be confident going into the year with a Bernier and Reimer tandem that one of them would win the # 1 position and run with it.

Macrthur + Holzer + Scrivens

for

Bernier + 3rd round pick 2013

We have the assets to improve our goaltending situation, and I think Burke will pull the trigger on a deal shortly after the lockout ends.

After this deal, the Leafs roster would look like:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Kadri-Mcclement-Frattin
Komarov-Steckel-Brown
Connolly, Lombardi, Colborne

Gunnar-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Komisarek
Ranger, Fraser, Kostka, Blacker

Bernier
Reimer

I think this team is better than the Leafs team we have right now, and if Bernier lives up to his potential it could be a fantastic trade long term. The Kings get some good depth guys in Macarthur and Holzer, and a replacement back-up for Bernier.
I was definately more interested in Kulemin than MacArthur, especially considering Macs on an expiring contract. I don't think that deal is enough to get lombardis attention, especially if we need to add a 3rd.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:

In the awkward category what do you think it would take for the Devils to take Bernier off the Kings hands? I'm terrible with these kinds of proposals but I would love to have Bernier on the Devils. Fact is, who knows if Wedgewood is going to pan out and I'm not sold that Kinkaid has the potential to be a starter in the NHL. In fact at best and based off of prior numbers I wouldn't be shocked if he is nothing more then a career backup at best.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:

I think that is overpayment for Bernier.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I thought Bernier was the best of the big backups going into last year. I know that seems a little crazy but I am very high on him. It is shocking that he hasn't been moved for me, I assume it is because his price tag is so high. Since I root for Stevie Y second as a Detroit fan, I had really hoped he would go get him in Tampa.

In my opinion LA would be wise to move him out of conference. I don't know why they would help Edmonton that much moving forward or offer a Chicago that kind of life raft.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
In the awkward category what do you think it would take for the Devils to take Bernier off the Kings hands? I'm terrible with these kinds of proposals but I would love to have Bernier on the Devils. Fact is, who knows if Wedgewood is going to pan out and I'm not sold that Kinkaid has the potential to be a starter in the NHL. In fact at best and based off of prior numbers I wouldn't be shocked if he is nothing more then a career backup at best.
I dont know, tedenby and a prospect like Urbom? Is that too steep for a potential number one?

Old
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
I was definately more interested in Kulemin than MacArthur, especially considering Macs on an expiring contract. I don't think that deal is enough to get lombardis attention, especially if we need to add a 3rd.

leafs arent really in a position to move kulemin. he is a little too good to give up for something not established. i think bernier has a lot of potential and draft pedigree but i think kulemin is a bit much to give up for something unproven.

i think a prospect like kadri is closer to berniers value. i would also move mac +for bernier, not sure what you would want the + to be?

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote