HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What do you guys think Bozak is? 2C? 3C? Tweener? I'm surprised he can turn in a career year in points and people still see him as the weak link dragging that line down... What more do you think he could do?
I think hes the beneficiary of playing the same minutes as Henrik Sedin last year.

I tink Bozak would be a solid 3C, but if hes valued as anything more than a 3C I dont want to acquire him at a premium.

Last edited by Ho Borvat: 12-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Bergeron47

lol
Anyone else see Luongo's twitter today?

Old
12-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Scurr

Quote:
What do you guys think Bozak is? 2C? 3C? Tweener? I'm surprised he can turn in a career year in points and people still see him as the weak link dragging that line down... What more do you think he could do?
Replacement level player... he's lucky to be in the league.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post

Leafs fans, is this how you see him as well?

Old
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Apparently Luongo is a backup goalie as well.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
This is why I dont see Lupul/Bozak as players Gillis would target.

Paying a premium on guys who just had career years.

I see him trying to buy low on guys like Kadri/Kulemin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Oh, I don't doubt that and he should. Although, one has to believe Kulemin can rebound passed seven goals.

Betting man that I am, I see it more likely Kadri++ happens for this very reason.
You guys are probably right in that 2nd liners and prospects are what to target. Kulemin is a bit of a sticky issue though because of exactly what Bourne mentioned...30 goals to 7 goals...who knows what he can do? Year before last I would have called him a top liner but now I honestly don't know.

Quote:
Calling him a not "real" center wasn't fair. I see him as more of a 3rd line center at this point with great chemistry with Kessel and Lupul.

He's not a bad hockey player at all he's just not a #1C and he is definitely the weakest link on the line. If you give Lupul and Kessel a true #1 or even a really good #2 with chemistry I think they (or Kessel at least) would look a lot shinier.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
He's a 3C. Smart player, but I don't think he's good enough to be a top 2 C on a good team. His numbers are inflated with him playing with Kessel and Lupul (and averaging about 19 minutes and 3 minutes on the PP). Decent playmaker but he's fluffed on so many goal opportunities..

Old
12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
You guys are probably right in that 2nd liners and prospects are what to target. Kulemin is a bit of a sticky issue though because of exactly what Bourne mentioned...30 goals to 7 goals...who knows what he can do? Year before last I would have called him a top liner but now I honestly don't know.

Calling him a not "real" center wasn't fair. I see him as more of a 3rd line center at this point with great chemistry with Kessel and Lupul.

Kulemin is tricky. I just made a value of Ryane Clowe thread, and if Van could get him for something like MacArthur + Raymond I would be happy.

But MacArthur doesnt really fit a need in Van. Kulemin sort of does.. But even then we could just gamble on Raymond bouncing back which is equally likely.

Depends how Burke values Kuli (fluke shooting % year, or bad year due to personal issues, or somewhere between).

Same goes for Bozak. I think as a 3C he would be fine. But I don't want to see him valued much more than say a guy like Marcel Goc.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
lol
Anyone else see Luongo's twitter today?
No...what is he saying?

Old
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Kulemin is tricky. I just made a value of Ryane Clowe thread, and if Van could get him for something like MacArthur + Raymond I would be happy.

But MacArthur doesnt really fit a need in Van. Kulemin sort of does.. But even then we could just gamble on Raymond bouncing back which is equally likely.

Depends how Burke values Kuli (fluke shooting % year, or bad year due to personal issues, or somewhere between).

Same goes for Bozak. I think as a 3C he would be fine. But I don't want to see him valued much more than say a guy like Marcel Goc.
Yeah you're right. Kulemin could go either way for Burke. As a fan of him, I'm hesitant but Burke might not be.

I thought Vancouver could use a 2nd line playmaking type winger like Mac? Or am I behind the times?

I think Bozak could provide more playmaking than Goc but I'm not sure about anything else. Bozie's good at faceoffs as well...not sure if Goc is.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Leafs fans, is this how you see him as well?
some like me yes others love the kid. The only reason i'd keep him is cause he and kessel are BFF and it might help in signing our sniper to an extension. But I think bozak is garbage so if the roumored kadri and bozak package or anything close to that is legit I will be the happiest leaf fan in the world

Old
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
He's a 3C. Smart player, but I don't think he's good enough to be a top 2 C on a good team. His numbers are inflated with him playing with Kessel and Lupul (and averaging about 19 minutes and 3 minutes on the PP). Decent playmaker but he's fluffed on so many goal opportunities..

Interesting. So he's not a 2C on a good team, but is he a 3C on one? Meaning, are 3C on a good team usually have a heavy defensive component to their game, does Bozak achieve this? To the eye, is he a stalwart defensively to TO fans?

I get the offensive component. He does have some skill in this regard, but is his offense good enough to offset his lack of defensive prowess (compared to someone like Kelly or Bolland), to make him a solid 3C on a good team?

Old
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Yeah you're right. Kulemin could go either way for Burke. As a fan of him, I'm hesitant but Burke might not be.

I thought Vancouver could use a 2nd line playmaking type winger like Mac? Or am I behind the times?

I think Bozak could provide more playmaking than Goc but I'm not sure about anything else. Bozie's good at faceoffs as well...not sure if Goc is.
Goc is a boss.

I'd prefer him to Bozak in a 3rd line role, definitely. I think Kulemin would be a good pickup in terms of size and two-way ability. Macarthur's value isn't that high because he is slightly overpaid, on an expiring contract, and is not much of an upgrade over Raymond at this point in time.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
some like me yes others love the kid. The only reason i'd keep him is cause he and kessel are BFF and it might help in signing our sniper to an extension. But I think bozak is garbage so if the roumored kadri and bozak package or anything close to that is legit I will be the happiest leaf fan in the world

That's a strong opinion. Can you explain why you think he is "garbage"?

Old
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:

I think most Canucks fans don't see Mac as a significant upgrade over Higgins/Raymond in the top 6.
If we could package him for a guy like Clowe I would be happy but I just see MacArthur not being a set top-6 guy on this team.

As for Bozak, I think he is a good 3C and a replacement level 2C which is handy. I just hope if he comes to Van it's based around his 2010-2011 type value, not his inflated 2011-2012 value.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:12 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
No...what is he saying?
From Luongo's twitter:

strombone1 Strombone

Wow this is so crazy....... You could barely fit JVR's name on the back of that jersey........

Old
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Bozak is an offensive minded 3rd liner. that's the best way I could describe him. He is a poor defensive player and a physical non-factor, although he is decent on the draw.

And Burke isn't trading our 1st round pick.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
From Luongo's twitter:

strombone1 Strombone

Wow this is so crazy....... You could barely fit JVR's name on the back of that jersey........

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4644--nhl.html

Old
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Bozak is an offensive minded 3rd liner. that's the best way I could describe him. He is a poor defensive player and a physical non-factor, although he is decent on the draw.

And Burke isn't trading our 1st round pick.

Really? What makes him poor defensively and a physical non-factor? What does he do on the ice that makes some TO fans think this?

Old
12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
From Luongo's twitter:

strombone1 Strombone

Lol...classic!! I so want this guy in Blue and White.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
sniper81

Quote:
From Luongo's twitter:

strombone1 Strombone

Thats hilarious

Old
12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lol...classic!! I so want this guy in Blue and White.

With this guy, at least you know he's going to fit and potentially lead near any locker room. Not so with other options. Good on Lu for keeping things light.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Really? What makes him poor defensively and a physical non-factor? What does he do on the ice that makes some TO fans think this?
He can't do much of anything without the puck, and he's pitifully weak along the boards. The centre of the ice is very vulnerable when he's out there, although this is exacerbated by the fact that he's been playing against the same guys Kessel plays against and is badly overmatched doing so. Against lesser opposition he might be ok.

Getting 3rd line minutes with responsible/physical linemates he could be a decent asset for you guys. He can skate, win draws, and has some offensive skill.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
That's a strong opinion. Can you explain why you think he is "garbage"?
His claim to fame so far is being only 2nd to score a SHG while being down 2 men.

They say he's our best pker which he may be but when it hasn't been higher then 27th in 4 years how good of a pk guy can he be?

this guy will miss scoring chance after scoring chance he CANNOT finish consistently which is 100% unacceptable when you have kessel on 1 side and lupul on the other 2 PPG wingers last year the guy brings down the production of the entire line.

in 2010-2011 Kessel had 32 goals Bozak if i'm not mistaken had 30 points how do you play on the top line and get less points then the player you are sopose to pass the puck to does goals?

what does that tell you? he's garbage

Old
12-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
He can't do much of anything without the puck, and he's pitifully weak along the boards. The centre of the ice is very vulnerable when he's out there, although this is exacerbated by the fact that he's been playing against the same guys Kessel plays against and is badly overmatched doing so. Against lesser opposition he might be ok.

Getting 3rd line minutes with responsible/physical linemates he could be a decent asset for you guys. He can skate, win draws, and has some offensive skill.
So what I'm hearing is Hansen/Raymond as line mates for a third line.

I'm hearing a lot of back and forth for what fans think of Bozak. You're not high on the guy, while others, specifically seanlinden as recently as last night, said he's worth more then Kadri or your first. Personally I'd be happy with him, but not as a centerpiece, so I am finding myself in the middle. I'm just not buying that he is a servicable top line player with anyone but his chemistry with Kessel.

With Bozak, I'd be content with a third line, filling an offensive role, with Kesler's line being the shut down line once more. Booth-Bozak-Raymond/Kassian and Higgins-Kesler-Hansen would make due for me as middle six lines.

Closed Thread