HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
  #751
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Well, I kind of think there will be 9 spots for scoring line players, and one real energy line with the likes of some two-way energy / physical guys. That 3rd scoring line will definitely have some elite offensive talent, and I suspect will be more offence-focused, than defensive / physical focus. We'll see though.

But I wonder whether Puempel's shoulder is a little more banged up than believed. If he's not ready to play in the next few days and was already on the bubble, seems to make sense to name someone else. Wouldn't surprise me if that comes out in the days ahead. If the Doctor's weren't sure when he'd be ready (ie. 5 to 15 days) then that probably did his chances in.
Either way, I don't think their interested in bringing players to camp who they know won't make the team. And I think even if Ceci and Puempel could have been brought in over some other players listed, they'd be making the trip for nothing. Some people get mad over that and may even call it "politics" but that's the way it works...especially in a lockout year.

Without the lockout, both of these guys may not only be invited, but make the team and play key roles. When you've got Doug Hamilton playing all situations, doesn't make much sense to bring Ceci, you can find someone else to play defense first or something in a depth role.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
  #752
CR15
Registered User
 
CR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Im sure Spott has no problem with Puempel staying behind and carrying the goal scoring load for what will be a depleted Ranger team. Not to shocked about him due to the banged up shoulder but no Ceci is a head scratcher.

If one of the offensive guys who are locks were to go down and get hurt at camp Ceci would seem like a better option than most of those names.

CR15 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
  #753
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR15 View Post
Im sure Spott has no problem with Puempel staying behind and carrying the goal scoring load for what will be a depleted Ranger team. Not to shocked about him due to the banged up shoulder but no Ceci is a head scratcher.

If one of the offensive guys who are locks were to go down and get hurt at camp Ceci would seem like a better option than most of those names.
Maybe, but the more "defensive" guys they brought in have some offence. Even a guy like Pelech is running the Erie powerplay and has almost as many points as Ceci. And he's a defensive specialist on this team. Bottom line is that if they are not comfortable with Ceci's defensive play, then they aren't going to consider him for a spot if they feel they have to "protect" him in terms of who he plays against etc. Seems like that was the issue.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
  #754
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 50
It does suck, Stone was awesome to watch last year. However I dont think Ceci or Puempel should be playing for Canada, there are better players ahead of them.

Lehner is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
  #755
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,205
vCash: 500
not surprised. neither is ready.

Puempel is too one dimensional to play in this tournament. Am i saying he is 100% one dimensional? No, but for this tournament he does not do enough, his game is not rounded out well enough, yet. His size and strength is still behind most of the other forwards who will be playing and if he's not scoring he's not doing as much as the other players would be doing.

Ceci is not dependable/reliable enough defensively to play in this tournament. Again, it is something he can learn but needs more time and at this point he is not among the very best eligible defenders. He gets nervous and panics and over thinks things. Not going to cut it.

Icelevel is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
  #756
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar
 
Karlstrobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Sucks for Ceci. Although last game against the Spitfire he seemed to have tweaked his knee and he really didnt skate the same since afterwards. Wouldnt be surprised if he was injured for 1-2 weeks.

Karlstrobe is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:42 PM
  #757
R2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Also out due to injury, the most notable omission up front, is Spott's very own Kitchener Ranger Matt Puempel. Spott said Puempel "deserved to be" on the training camp list, but his chances in the camp were "uncertain" due to his shoulder injury that has kept him out of the Rangers' lineup since November 27. Puempel has 21 goals and seven assists this season.


http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...194028219.html

R2010 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:27 PM
  #758
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Wow Canada is just retarded.

They seriously don't think Ceci is a top 12 D?

He's clearly better than a bunch of those players.

**** them. Not cheering for Canada. It's like they're trying to lose on purpose. They always select a bunch of random low level players who don't deserve to be there. I hope they lose.

Why, Why do you need random bad players who only hit? These ''roles'' they're trying to fill are incredibly stupid.

Just take the best all around players period. Enough of this nonsense.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
  #759
Philadelphia Collins
Registered User
 
Philadelphia Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
**** them. Not cheering for Canada.
yikes dude

Philadelphia Collins is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
  #760
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Wow Canada is just retarded.

They seriously don't think Ceci is a top 12 D?

He's clearly better than a bunch of those players.

**** them. Not cheering for Canada. It's like they're trying to lose on purpose. They always select a bunch of random low level players who don't deserve to be there. I hope they lose.

Why, Why do you need random bad players who only hit? These ''roles'' they're trying to fill are incredibly stupid.

Just take the best all around players period. Enough of this nonsense.
Lol calm down. Every year theirs some high profile guys left off the list. I guess Ceci's game doesn't fit a role Hockey Canada is looking for. O well. It's not the end of the world.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:01 PM
  #761
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
yikes dude
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Lol calm down. Every year theirs some high profile guys left off the list. I guess Ceci's game doesn't fit a role Hockey Canada is looking for. O well. It's not the end of the world.
that's the point. they are stupid

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
  #762
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,091
vCash: 500
Are you trying to come off as intelligent and level headed while you accuse HC of being stupid?

You're failing.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
  #763
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Are you trying to come off as intelligent and level headed while you accuse HC of being stupid?

You're failing.
Well I'm not trying too hard to come off as intelligent or level headed.


Look, I think they should take the best players available. Do you really disagree with this logic?

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
  #764
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
'The best players avaliable' is a very broad statement. One persons list can be completely different then the next guys. It's real subjective.

I like Ceci a lot as a prospect, but he gets nervous at times out their and looks over matched. Thats a huge thing he has to work on. Playing on the big stage IDK is they wanna risk those brain farts.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
  #765
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Well I'm not trying too hard to come off as intelligent or level headed.


Look, I think they should take the best players available. Do you really disagree with this logic?
They took the guys they thought they can win with. They aren't trying to lose.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM
  #766
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 265
Remember, they invite players they plan on filling specific needs.

So they need a PP QB, Ceci is good, Hamilton is better and older. It is not a knock on Ceci.

I do believe Puempel is injured. May have factored into it.

Qward is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
  #767
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
'The best players avaliable' is a very broad statement. One persons list can be completely different then the next guys. It's real subjective.

I like Ceci a lot as a prospect, but he gets nervous at times out their and looks over matched. Thats a huge thing he has to work on. Playing on the big stage IDK is they wanna risk those brain farts.
I'll take that chance with Ceci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
They took the guys they thought they can win with. They aren't trying to lose.
Obviously in their minds they're not trying to lose. They're just doing a bad job at winning.





It's like they'd rather have Chris Neil playing on their 4th line over Ray Whitney because Neil is a prototypical 4th liner (and a very good one). Whitney is not a traditional 4th line energy player so they pick Neil because he ''fills the role'' better.

Stupid. CLEARLY Whitney is a better player. Insane.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
  #768
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I'll take that chance with Ceci
I guess Hockey Canada disagrees. And they have a tendency to medal at these things.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
  #769
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Remember, they invite players they plan on filling specific needs.

So they need a PP QB, Ceci is good, Hamilton is better and older. It is not a knock on Ceci.

I do believe Puempel is injured. May have factored into it.
yep and to fill out the 3rd pair they pick low skill dime a dozen players

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
  #770
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
It's like they'd rather have Chris Neil playing on their 4th line over Ray Whitney because Neil is a prototypical 4th liner (and a very good one). Whitney is not a traditional 4th line energy player so they pick Neil because he ''fills the role'' better.

Stupid. CLEARLY Whitney is a better player. Insane.
Remember when Team Canada just grabbed the top goal scorers for Nagano.

How did that end?


Then Yzerman and company picked guys that suited roles better.

Gold Medal.

Qward is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
  #771
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Remember when Team Canada just grabbed the top goal scorers for Nagano.

How did that end?


Then Yzerman and company picked guys that suited roles better.

Gold Medal.
Jonathan Toews, the MVP of the tournament and Conn Smythe winner, was on the 4th line.

That tells you all you need to know.

Yzerman did a much better job.

Top scorers are not necessarily best all around players either.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
  #772
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Remember when Team Canada just grabbed the top goal scorers for Nagano.

How did that end?


Then Yzerman and company picked guys that suited roles better.

Gold Medal.
Rob Zamuner, Sahne Corson, Trevor Linden - Nagano was the exact opposite of the most skilled players taken. Bobby Clarke took a group of grinders - it was Greztky in Salt Lake City that set the precedent of the Best Players go and play outside of their rolls, that's why you saw Eric Lindros as a checking Center in Salt Lake and Toewes do the same in Vancouver.

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
  #773
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,357
vCash: 500
yep


it's like picking Rattata over Mewtwo because you already have a Psychic type

reDQless



Pokémon analogy ftw

MAK19 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
  #774
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,157
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
yep


it's like picking Rattata over Mewtwo because you already have a Psychic type

reDQless



Pokémon analogy ftw
High Five.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
  #775
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,436
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
yep


it's like picking Rattata over Mewtwo because you already have a Psychic type

reDQless



Pokémon analogy ftw
If I have a psychic already then I have a level 100 Rattata and a 100 Mewtwo and I know my opponent will be using ghost pokemon, damn straight I am taking Rattata.


Translation:
If I have a good line up of offensive threats and I can have either a 200 meter playing powerforward that can throw his weight around or another offensive threat player. If I know my Opponent is going to have tough fast players (Russia) damn straight I am taking the power forward.


I know about pokemon too.

Qward is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.