HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 05:05 PM
KirbyDots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
FREE CHICKEN!

Would you say another reason for the line regaining form is the development of O'Regan? I've been trying to keep tabs on both him and Nieto (one of 5 that are really tough for me to follow) and while I think Nieto is typically seen as the marquee Sharks prospect for the event, it hasn't always been the case. O'Regan looks somehow better (edit: than himself, not Nieto) every night. In fact, I think Megan's seniority is actually holding the kid back a bit and next year I think he could really break out.
O'Regan is definitely looking more comfortable out there each game as well as continuing to develop chemistry with Nieto. Megan has been hot, along with Hohmann. I agree that Megan's seniority is holding Nieto back, though I think if the Nieto/O'Regan line continues heat up they have a chance of going back to being the 1st pp unit as they were at the beginning of the season. O'Regan's game has improved, he's winning faceoffs and he's solid defensively. His offensive chemistry with Nieto is really starting to show, they make frequent passing plays on the rush and cycle very well with nice crisp passes. I see Megan as a great energy guy with enough skill to be an elite NHL third liner if he continues to develop, Nieto seems to be the more skilled and better all around player though up until recently snakebit. Nieto's goals are usually super pretty wrist shot snipes, he has incredibly puck skills and skating ability and is BU's go to guy on the PK which is a team strength.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
stalockrox

Konrad Abeltshauser is a good kid...

John Moore @rinkrant
This Moosehead has shaved his head to help raise funds for his 21 yr old next door neighbor who has prostate cancer.

https://twitter.com/rinkrant/status/...127808/photo/1

Old
11-29-2012, 09:10 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Konrad Abeltshauser is a good kid...

John Moore @rinkrant
This Moosehead has shaved his head to help raise funds for his 21 yr old next door neighbor who has prostate cancer.

https://twitter.com/rinkrant/status/...127808/photo/1
oh god. the shaved head and peachfuzz stache/beard makes him look like a serial killer.

Good on him though.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
11-29-2012, 09:51 PM
hohosaregood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
oh god. the shaved head and peachfuzz stache/beard makes him look like a serial killer.

Good on him though.
Hmmm...Pelech and Abeltshauser would be one scary pairing.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
KirbyDots

BU vs. BC on NBCsports! Just started.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Kitten Mittons

Nieto with an assist. Hit the post.

Of course Noonan is Preds' prospect. I'm also digging Rodrigues.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:52 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Nieto with an assist. Hit the post.

Of course Noonan is Preds' prospect. I'm also digging Rodrigues.
Yeah, Rodrigues plays a hard working gritty energy game, great fit for Nieto and O'Regan. MacLeod looking good for BC too.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Kitten Mittons

What a snipe by Rodrigues. Assist by O'Reagan. Sign this kid.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
KirbyDots

Rodrigues-O'Regan-Nieto is a really great line, loving it! Dang, BC scores, hopefully Nieto or O'Regan get a goal.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 50
Rodriguez looks good but you can't sign a guy off of one good game.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Rodriguez looks good but you can't sign a guy off of one good game.
This is the third BU game I've seen at least part of this season, and he hasn't looked too bad in any of them.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
This is the third BU game I've seen at least part of this season, and he hasn't looked too bad in any of them.
This. Rodrigues is very consistent and really deserved the chance to play with Nieto and O'Regan, he's made the most of it.

Nieto with another post, really hope he puts one in, so close.

Last edited by KirbyDots: 11-30-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
KirbyDots

BU at BC on right now! NBC sports.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
BU at BC on right now! NBC sports.
Nieto & O'Reagan got some love last night, and Pierre specifically mentioned their line during pregame tonight.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:56 PM
stalockrox

The official (not in english) release of the Czech WJC prelim roster, the players are listed at the bottom of the article. To no one's surprise, Hertl is listed.

http://www.hokej.cz/cz/mladez/dvacit...-v-rokycanech/

Old
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
The official (not in english) release of the Czech WJC prelim roster, the players are listed at the bottom of the article. To no one's surprise, Hertl is listed.

http://www.hokej.cz/cz/mladez/dvacit...-v-rokycanech/
I'm excited to see how Hertl looks against kids his own age. He should physically dominate and also have buttloads of ice time and some decent linemates. Should be good.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
stalockrox

The US is expected to release their prelim roster tomorrow morning. About a month ago I would've said that Kuraly is not just a lock for the invite but to make the team, not so much anymore.

I would expect he'll get an invite based on how much he dominated in the summer camp but his slow start at Miami is a concern. I've only watched a couple of his games and he looked snake bit/unlucky - he was still playing a very good two way game but 2g and 1a so far is kind of a disappointment.

Very small chance O'Regan has played himself into an invite as the US isn't exactly deep at fast, skilled centers but I'd be surprsed if he was invited this year. He should get a good look for next year though.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
The US is expected to release their prelim roster tomorrow morning. About a month ago I would've said that Kuraly is not just a lock for the invite but to make the team, not so much anymore.

I would expect he'll get an invite based on how much he dominated in the summer camp but his slow start at Miami is a concern. I've only watched a couple of his games and he looked snake bit/unlucky - he was still playing a very good two way game but 2g and 1a so far is kind of a disappointment.

Very small chance O'Regan has played himself into an invite as the US isn't exactly deep at fast, skilled centers but I'd be surprsed if he was invited this year. He should get a good look for next year though.
Yeah, Kuraly's been a huge disappointment.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, Kuraly's been a huge disappointment.
I don't think he's been a huge disappointment. His summer camp inflated people's expectations of him that he wasn't likely to live up to, but his start hasn't been good.

He's been playing on Miami's 3rd line (I believe) for most of the season and he really has been quite unlucky - I'd have to imagine he's not going to shoot under 6% for the entire season.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

He's adjusting to the college game, and enduring a bit of growing pains associated with it. He's been playing 2nd line minutes lately but I think a big reason why he's not really relied upon offensively is because the team covets his size in defensive situations. I think he would be lighting it up in the CHL to be honest. I think he not only makes camp, but breaks it. He's still a good player, with NHL skill potential. I wouldn't say that about Barber and what's his face (too lazy too look) starts with a C that are the little guys leading his team in scoring.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Kitten Mittons

Hopefully he sucks this year so he gives up on beating his dad's record and goes straight to AHL next year. Stupid kids wanting to get their education...

Old
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

Quote:
I don't think he's been a huge disappointment. His summer camp inflated people's expectations of him that he wasn't likely to live up to, but his start hasn't been good.

He's been playing on Miami's 3rd line (I believe) for most of the season and he really has been quite unlucky - I'd have to imagine he's not going to shoot under 6% for the entire season.
Personally, I didn't expect him to light the world on fire, but at the same time I did expect significantly more than .25 PPG.

I'll take your word on the usage stuff (as I usually do ), but I sill wouldn't bet on his making the team, let alone the prelim roster. Hopefully his camp gets him to the prelim roster, and then he can show what he can do outside the college system.

I believe he's one of the bigger centers that the US has. Galchenyuk, for all Montreal's posturing that he's the big #1C that they need, is barely 6', and Grimaldi is tiny. But yeah, we'll see.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
He's adjusting to the college game, and enduring a bit of growing pains associated with it. He's been playing 2nd line minutes lately but I think a big reason why he's not really relied upon offensively is because the team covets his size in defensive situations. I think he would be lighting it up in the CHL to be honest. I think he not only makes camp, but breaks it. He's still a good player, with NHL skill potential. I wouldn't say that about Barber and what's his face (too lazy too look) starts with a C that are the little guys leading his team in scoring.
The couple of games I watched, he's fine with the college game. He's having a really hard time finishing right now, that seemed to be his only problem to me.

Like I said, I'd imagine that his summer camp was enough to get him named to the prelim roster but Galchenyuk and Trochek probably have the top two center spots locked up. My opinion is Kuraly would be their best bet for the #3 C but there's a couple of other centers who have are having much better seasons than Kuraly. His size, skating and versatility should get him a spot on the team but US hockey won't completely ignore his struggles so far this year.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:26 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...minary-roster/

Kuraly projected to be on USA Hockey WJC roster.'

Edit:
Russostrib 8:38pm via Web
Reminder: #USAhockey will announce US prelim. roster at 9 a.m. CT Tuesday. Minnesotan coaching staff with Housley/Potulny/Osiecki

Last edited by LadyStanley: 12-03-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
The couple of games I watched, he's fine with the college game. He's having a really hard time finishing right now, that seemed to be his only problem to me.

Like I said, I'd imagine that his summer camp was enough to get him named to the prelim roster but Galchenyuk and Trochek probably have the top two center spots locked up. My opinion is Kuraly would be their best bet for the #3 C but there's a couple of other centers who have are having much better seasons than Kuraly. His size, skating and versatility should get him a spot on the team but US hockey won't completely ignore his struggles so far this year.
I hear ya. And I haven't seen every Miami game this season and maybe this is what you mean by not finishing, but when I watch him he's forcing shots that are more often than not blocked or off-net. Not that he's necessarily snake-bitten and getting robbed (though I recall one big save). I think in time he'll figure things out, start breaking away, starting making more space, and being a little quicker and more accurate with the puck that he'll start contributing at a higher level.

Great analysis in your second paragraph, I agree!

Because of that depth down the middle, I wonder if Kuraly might slot over to the wing? What do you think?

Closed Thread