HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2012, 02:50 AM
  #926
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I don't see first line winger potential from Collberg. In respect to Hudon, I think he will quickly become a Ty Rattie-esque prospect. People often forget this guy was touted as a first round pick at certain points.
Believe me I don't.

QuebecPride is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:20 AM
  #927
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
I know it's still way too early to tell but I'm really starting to see why we we're universally lauded for our draft.

The possibility that next draft can easily outshine this past one for us really has me hopeful about our future. By next year we could easily be in the top 5 prospect wise in the league. Hell, depending on where we draft we could be first!

In my opinion, MB's success will be measured on the development of our prospects. So far I'm not thrilled with his Lefebvre choice for the Dogs but Bergevin was definitely astute enough to revamp our player development personnel infrastructure. That's one of the major factors in what will make or break MB's tenure. Probably the biggest one.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:35 AM
  #928
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Collberg is officially on the WJC team. Nyström, as expected, is not.

Huffman is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 07:45 AM
  #929
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,571
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I don't see first line winger potential from Collberg. In respect to Hudon, I think he will quickly become a Ty Rattie-esque prospect. People often forget this guy was touted as a first round pick at certain points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Collberg is officially on the WJC team. Nyström, as expected, is not.
Timmins said he sees Collberg as the next Alfredsson and he should know what he's talking about,Trevor was Ottawa's Head Scout when they drafted Alfie.Looking forward to watching the new and improved version of Alfredsson(Collberg) and the new and improved Hossa(Galchenyuk) also drafted by Timmins playing on the Habs first line. Together Galchenyuk-Collberg-?(Drouin-Carrier-Mantha)any of the last three with those players will make a devastating first line IMO.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 08:49 AM
  #930
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Timmins said he sees Collberg as the next Alfredsson and he should know what he's talking about,Trevor was Ottawa's Head Scout when they drafted Alfie.Looking forward to watching the new and improved version of Alfredsson(Collberg) and the new and improved Hossa(Galchenyuk) also drafted by Timmins playing on the Habs first line. Together Galchenyuk-Collberg-?(Drouin-Carrier-Mantha)any of the last three with those players will make a devastating first line IMO.
Timmins said Collberg had a similar style of play as Alfredsson, not that he's the new and improved Alfredsson

Same with Galchenyuk.. Who the hell said he'd be an improved Hossa? We're lucky if he turns out to be as good as Hossa. New =/= better, and Alfredsson and Hossa are both players that might end up in the HHOF. Lets wait a bit until we say Galchenyuk and Collberg are better than them mmkay?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 08:51 AM
  #931
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Timmins said he sees Collberg as the next Alfredsson and he should know what he's talking about,Trevor was Ottawa's Head Scout when they drafted Alfie.Looking forward to watching the new and improved version of Alfredsson(Collberg) and the new and improved Hossa(Galchenyuk) also drafted by Timmins playing on the Habs first line. Together Galchenyuk-Collberg-?(Drouin-Carrier-Mantha)any of the last three with those players will make a devastating first line IMO.
I think you're misunderstanding Timmins: he said that he sees similarities between the two in terms of lower body strength/their legs. New and improved Alfredsson and Hossa... not sure if you're being serious. Gotta make sure one doesn't blow things out of proportion!

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 09:02 AM
  #932
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Collberg is officially on the WJC team. Nyström, as expected, is not.
Based on the squad list it looks like they wanted a gritty bottom 6, so no Nyström is expected.

Et le But is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
  #933
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Anyone knows what happen to Bozon ? He has been going from #3 to #9 now, while his two teammates still remain at the first two spots, and by a fair margin.

zzoo is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
  #934
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Anyone knows what happen to Bozon ? He has been going from #3 to #9 now, while his two teammates still remain at the first two spots, and by a fair margin.
Age is a mitigating factor. Bozon is good but not that good and the scoring race belongs to 19 year olds. It's age + experience going for those two.

And players do have cold streaks.

SeriousFan09 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
  #935
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,167
vCash: 500
Congrats to Hudon for his invitation. He's already further in his development than I thought he'd be. Great to see.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:32 PM
  #936
Dada
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Based on the squad list it looks like they wanted a gritty bottom 6, so no Nyström is expected.
Where can I find the article about team sweden ??

Dada is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
  #937
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,085
vCash: 597
http://www.swehockey.se/ImageVaultFi...dec_2012_u.PDF

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:59 PM
  #938
Slashers98
Registered User
 
Slashers98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
CHL Prospects Update For The Montreal Canadiens

CHL Prospects Update For The Montreal Canadiens:
http://thehockeywriters.com/chl-pros...eal-canadiens/

Galchnenyuk is on fire and Hudon has been invited to Team Canada's training camp.

Slashers98 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
  #939
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Nice read, thank you. I really love all our picks from last years draft, good to see they are doing so well. Minus Thrower

poetryinmotion is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
  #940
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,571
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Timmins said Collberg had a similar style of play as Alfredsson, not that he's the new and improved Alfredsson

Same with Galchenyuk.. Who the hell said he'd be an improved Hossa? We're lucky if he turns out to be as good as Hossa. New =/= better, and Alfredsson and Hossa are both players that might end up in the HHOF. Lets wait a bit until we say Galchenyuk and Collberg are better than them mmkay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
I think you're misunderstanding Timmins: he said that he sees similarities between the two in terms of lower body strength/their legs. New and improved Alfredsson and Hossa... not sure if you're being serious. Gotta make sure one doesn't blow things out of proportion!
I am the one that said he'd be the new & improved Hossa/Alfredsson as both are nearing the ends of their careers.I'm guilty of being a Homer and an Optimist which I feel is a good thing in dire times like these (Lockout)Having watched all four of the players,my gut feeling is that Timmins really had a great 2012 Draft and those two players alone will prove my point in the future.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
  #941
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
CHL Prospects Update For The Montreal Canadiens:
http://thehockeywriters.com/chl-pros...eal-canadiens/

Galchnenyuk is on fire and Hudon has been invited to Team Canada's training camp.
So the article states that "after years of poor drafting", Trevor Timmins has restocked the cupboards. Okay... That statement is just wrong. Even neglecting the 2007 draft, I just don't see how drafting has been poor considering how many 2nd round picks were traded away in that time, i.e., all of them until the 2012 draft. First rounders Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu are in no way busts. Heck, even Leblanc, who people might be getting impatient with, missed an entire summer rehabbing from surgery then was shuttled between Hamilton and the Habs last year so he hasn't even spent a whole season in the AHL yet.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
  #942
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Despite that good production, the talented blue-liner really needs to work on his defensive game, which is seriously lacking this season, as shown by his dismal -19 plus/minus differential.
That sentence hurts my brain.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
  #943
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff
 
David Thicke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That sentence hurts my brain.
I have to agree with you on this one. I am left scratching my head as well. Dietz is playing huge minutes against the oppositions' best forwards while being asked to provide more offense from the backend because Duncan Siemans doesn't possess the offensive ability to add to the anaemic offense of the Blades. Saskatoon has been horrible from the start of the season in both ends of the ice and Dietz might be the only bright spot even in the defensive zone. If Thrower can get his game back when he returns to the line-up, this will take some of the load off of Dietz.

David Thicke is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
  #944
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
So the article states that "after years of poor drafting", Trevor Timmins has restocked the cupboards. Okay... That statement is just wrong. Even neglecting the 2007 draft, I just don't see how drafting has been poor considering how many 2nd round picks were traded away in that time, i.e., all of them until the 2012 draft. First rounders Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu are in no way busts. Heck, even Leblanc, who people might be getting impatient with, missed an entire summer rehabbing from surgery then was shuttled between Hamilton and the Habs last year so he hasn't even spent a whole season in the AHL yet.
Terrible piece. Granted the writer isn't that impressive, spends a lot of time on Twitter promising to follow anyone who follows him.

SeriousFan09 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM
  #945
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,766
vCash: 500
To be fair, he seems to write those articles for fun, as he calls himself a "freelance sports writer"

aka unemployed in the field of sports writing.

Gives you something to read at least.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
  #946
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,085
vCash: 597
Saskatoon just added defenceman Shayne Gwinner via trade a few minutes ago for a draft pick.

Considering they already have 8 D's on the roster, it's a bit of a head scratcher. Is Thrower out long-term?

EDIT: Wait, they also traded a D in another deal today, so probably no indication on Thrower's health.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-03-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
  #947
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
I agree with you guys on Dietz. I think sometimes he's tries too hard and it ends up hurting his team, but for the most part he's been pretty solid. Siemens has started to pick is play up as of late though, hopefully Thrower can too when he gets back in the line up.

I don't know if I'd call the Rychel - Vail - Lorentz line a shut-down line as Vail is really the only shut down forward on that line. I also wouldn't call the Johnson - Vail - Marchese line a shut down line that was used earlier, even though it close to a one than the previous line.

Honestly, I wouldn't call it a terrible piece, but it definitely seems a bit uniformed. It's gives us something to read though, so I won't complain.

That is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 04:54 PM
  #948
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I agree with you guys on Dietz. I think sometimes he's tries too hard and it ends up hurting his team, but for the most part he's been pretty solid. Siemens has started to pick is play up as of late though, hopefully Thrower can too when he gets back in the line up.

I don't know if I'd call the Rychel - Vail - Lorentz line a shut-down line as Vail is really the only shut down forward on that line. I also wouldn't call the Johnson - Vail - Marchese line a shut down line that was used earlier, even though it close to a one than the previous line.

Honestly, I wouldn't call it a terrible piece, but it definitely seems a bit uniformed. It's gives us something to read though, so I won't complain.
Pretty much. I treat those articles the same I would a post here on HF. No need to rip anyone to shreds, but mistakes are going to be pointed out for the sake of healthy discussion.

overlords is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
  #949
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Regardless, it's a shame Dietz and Thrower can't get out of there. Going to the memorial cup doesn't make up for being on such a trainwreck of a team.

Et le But is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:04 PM
  #950
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Timmins said he sees Collberg as the next Alfredsson and he should know what he's talking about,Trevor was Ottawa's Head Scout when they drafted Alfie.Looking forward to watching the new and improved version of Alfredsson(Collberg) and the new and improved Hossa(Galchenyuk) also drafted by Timmins playing on the Habs first line. Together Galchenyuk-Collberg-?(Drouin-Carrier-Mantha)any of the last three with those players will make a devastating first line IMO.
Good to hear Alfredsson was a hell of a player

Mats86 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.