HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hall for Seguin

Old
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
This topic won't go away, if it ever does. Both kids will be top players in the league, and hopefully for a long time.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
SCBruCrew4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Both teams are happy with their guy, how many times does this need to be said? These trade threads need to stop.
This 10x's over.

This debate is so tiring and old now. Hall and Seguin to me are equal players. Hall is a gifted player who, with his supporting cast, have nmade that Oilers team actually relevant. Seguin although not where all the Bruin's fans want him to be in his career now has won a cup and did contribute, although a small amount, during the playoff run that year.

I would say that Hall getting injured doesn't mean he's injury prone but it could mean he has to put that much more effort into plays and things of that nature considering he is the leader of that team, and he needs to lead by example. This being said, Seguin does put in effort and probably puts in 100% or so everygame, but the supporting cast of the Bruins lineup and not having to the the "C" of the Bruins probably allows him to not hustle or grind as much as someone like Hall.

Close thsi thread its old and useless to even talk about it anymore.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
b in vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
This topic won't go away, if it ever does. Both kids will be top players in the league, and hopefully for a long time.
It might and who knows how these kids will eventually turn-out. There was a big debate between E. Staal and N. Horton and you don't really hear these two compared to each other anymore as we all know how that turned out, with everyone admitting that Horton is 10X the player Staal will ever be.

Never mind the one or two kids picked behind those two in their draft year that have turned into not too brutally embarrassing hockey players.

I do wonder if either of them will ever really separate themselves from the other and become the consensus. Then again - I brought up 2003 and you see how fortunes and perceptions waxes and wanes. This year Bergeron, two years ago Kesler, the year before M. Richards, the year before Carter, the year before -Bergeron again.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
You bring up an excellent point here. I'll admit, I'm guilty of getting defensive when I hear people talk about Hall being injury prone and saying he'll never have as much value as so and so because of all his injuries but your comment about Bergeron is exactly why I get defensive. Let me ask you, how many regular season games has Bergeron missed in the past 3 years?? The answer for anyone who is too lazy to look it up is 12, and IMO 12 games in 3 seasons is pretty damn good considering the physicality of the sport.

My point is that, sure, Hall has had some bad luck early on in his career with injuries but most of them were freak injuries which shouldn't cause him any more grief in the future with exception to possibly the concussion. He is still very young just like Bergeron was when he had injury woes and just look how he turned out. The only thing that worries me a little about Hall is that his reckless style might cause him to get hurt more and I can see people's point when it comes to that argument but when people say that he will be injury prone his whole career just because he's had a few freak injuries early on is just talking out of their ass.
Hall is far too young to be labeled anything yet thus far. He's a young gifted kid, & he has a bright future ahead of him.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Neither team does this. Unbelievable that these threads are allowed to stay open constantly. Everyone know what will happen in them.

I'm keeping Seguin, obviously.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Habs fan here. I hate the damned Bruins. However, I would take Seguin over Hall, and the Bruins and Oilers probably would, today, as well. That does not mean Hall is crap or injury prone or weak or anything else. It simply means that Seguin has demonstrated more than Hall, so far, as an overall player on the ice. Both are amazing and I would be happy to get either one on the Habs. However, if asked to choose, I take Seguin every day of the week...even though he wears a jersey I despise...sigh... Two damned great players. Both teams should sit down with tears of joy for having them and not worry about any kind of trade. So wish we could get one on Montreal....

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 50
Yep, neither team does this... Pretty common theme here.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Im a fan of Hall, I hope he has a long & healthy career. It sucks to us hockey fans who are robbed of watching a player with such talent (Lindros Forsberg Bure Neely etc..)

But to those Oiler fans claiming Hall 'isnt injury risk", he certainly is. You all come to the defense of Hemsky also when the same subject is raised. It's a touchy subject in Edmonton.

I remember fans labeling Bergeron "injury risk" when Randy Jones rammed him head first from behind into the boards. It wasnt Bergerons fault (freak injury?), but fact is, he missed significant time, & the concussion issues lingered for a while.

Like I said, I hope Hall avoids injury from here on out, but thus far his track record isn't great.
I still cringe every time I see him take a hit anywhere near the head.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Habs fan here. I hate the damned Bruins. However, I would take Seguin over Hall, and the Bruins and Oilers probably would, today, as well. That does not mean Hall is crap or injury prone or weak or anything else. It simply means that Seguin has demonstrated more than Hall, so far, as an overall player on the ice. Both are amazing and I would be happy to get either one on the Habs. However, if asked to choose, I take Seguin every day of the week...even though he wears a jersey I despise...sigh... Two damned great players. Both teams should sit down with tears of joy for having them and not worry about any kind of trade. So wish we could get one on Montreal....
I doubt the Oilers would take Seguin over Hall today. The Oilers brass love Hall, and for more than simply his talent on the ice. The kid is the heart and sole of the team. He will be the next captian of the Oilers almost for sure.

People who say that neither team would make this deal are right. So why not simply let it die.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Fire Julien

Hall would be a 3rd liner on the Buins as Lucic and Marchand bring much more than him.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Hall would be a 3rd liner on the Buins as Lucic and Marchand bring much more than him.
Please tell me you're joking.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
They bring MUCH MORE of what?

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Please tell me you're joking.
I don't normally agree with that poster, but I would agree that Hall would either be moved to the right wing or be on the third line.

- Julien himself has said that Hall would not be getting the ice-time he gets with the Oilers and would have gotten the tough love treatment Seguin received his rookie season

- Lucic and Marchand are both accomplished young stars and know Julien's system. Marchand's two-way play and style meshes well with Bergeron; the two are connected at the hip both 5 on 5 and on the PK. Lucic is the best young power forward in the league, leads the Bruins in goals the past two seasons, and has chemistry with David Krejci and Nathan Horton. I can't see the Bruins wanting to breakup either combos... if anything, Hall would be moved to the RW next to Bergeron ( with Marchand on the left ) where Seguin currently plays.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Eennad142

Do not take the bait. Do not mention Caron. Words of advice.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
I was going to say that it's obvious you don't watch the Oilers, but it's obvious you don't pay attention to the NHL in general. C'mon

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I don't normally agree with that poster, but I would agree that Hall would either be moved to the right wing or be on the third line.

- Julien himself has said that Hall would not be getting the ice-time he gets with the Oilers and would have gotten the tough love treatment Seguin received his rookie season

- Lucic and Marchand are both accomplished young stars and know Julien's system. Marchand's two-way play and style meshes well with Bergeron; the two are connected at the hip both 5 on 5 and on the PK. Lucic is the best young power forward in the league, leads the Bruins in goals the past two seasons, and has chemistry with David Krejci and Nathan Horton. I can't see the Bruins wanting to breakup either combos... if anything, Hall would be moved to the RW next to Bergeron ( with Marchand on the left ) where Seguin currently plays.
I'm not saying he wouldn't have gotten the same treatment, but come on, Marchand isn't anywhere near Hall. Now if you wanted to argue that Lucic's play is close to Hall I could understand that. But seriously, to say Hall would be a third liner is a joke.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:57 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
This 10x's over.

This debate is so tiring and old now. Hall and Seguin to me are equal players. Hall is a gifted player who, with his supporting cast, have nmade that Oilers team actually relevant. Seguin although not where all the Bruin's fans want him to be in his career now has won a cup and did contribute, although a small amount, during the playoff run that year.

I would say that Hall getting injured doesn't mean he's injury prone but it could mean he has to put that much more effort into plays and things of that nature considering he is the leader of that team, and he needs to lead by example. This being said, Seguin does put in effort and probably puts in 100% or so everygame, but the supporting cast of the Bruins lineup and not having to the the "C" of the Bruins probably allows him to not hustle or grind as much as someone like Hall.

Close thsi thread its old and useless to even talk about it anymore.
How exactly has he done that? Considering they've finished last and second to last since he came into the league.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:00 PM
boredmale

While I think Hall is better I rather have Seguin since I think Hall will be injury prone his entire career

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Jaromir Jagrbombs

Seguin is the better player right now, in my opinion. Even with that being said I doubt either team would be willing to move their player.

Jaromir Jagrbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagrbombs View Post
Seguin is the better player right now, in my opinion. Even with that being said I doubt either team would be willing to move their player.
Just what is your opinion based on. So, what you're saying is that Seguin is the better winger? I'm just curious as to what you base your opinion on...give me some facts, figures, stats to prove your assumption.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Spitsfan67*

LOL This is pointless, this thread has been on here 4 or 5 times and EVERY time it's going to end the same way... Edmonton fans want to keep Taylor Hall and The Bruins fans want to keep Seguin..END OF THREAD THATS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
While I think Hall is better I rather have Seguin since I think Hall will be injury prone his entire career
Although I don't agree in this comment...I think you make a valid point, and I can see your why you would choose Seguin.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
blue_n_copper

Is it just me or have I read this exact same thread about 20 times before? Neither team makes or even considers making this trade. The Oilers would love to have Seguin but not at the expense of Hall and the Bruins would love to have Hall but not at the expense of Seguin. These two guys will be playing against each other for a long time to come assuming the lockout ends some day soon.

blue_n_copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Regardless of the where, when or how, Taylor Hall seems pretty injury prone to me.
I was merely correcting your misinformation about Hall's injury. I don't deny Hall has had a number of injuries in his short career so far, even if we include the one he was drafted with. That is why he's said one of the things he wants to use this AHL time for is to learn to keep his uptempo style of play, while being better away of his surrounding. I guess we'll see how it goes, but I am optimistic. He's a much smarter player than he gets credit for.

And when discussing the topic, I also don't deny that Seguin is an incredible player with better hands and a more accurate shot than Hall. But if I'm asked to justify why I prefer Hall on the Oilers, I'd say that Hall's ability to change the tempo of a game and create space for his linemates trumps any individual skills where Seguin may have the advantage. Every player on our team plays better with Hall on the ice. He is rarely standing still. And by being in constant motion, usually at/near top speed, he creates chaos in the offensive zone as one of the D has to constantly shift to cover him. That opens up passing lanes for smart playmakers(Eberle, RNH, Schultz) to use to do their stuff.

There is no one else on the team that can do that. Losing him would be a mistake imo. Especially right after Hall committed to the team long term with a big extension. What message does that send to the other kids?

Last edited by s7ark: 12-03-2012 at 07:28 PM.
s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 02:25 AM
KuemperTantrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The 2012 NHL Entry draft was a blessing for the Oilers.We picked up an insurance player in Yakupov whom may replace Taylor Hall if he has a short career.
Hahahah, you need to stop posting, your posts are just embarrassing.

KuemperTantrum is online now   Reply With Quote