HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Hearing 5 stick slappings in a 15 second clip reminded me of why I hate EASHL, and moved on this year to other game modes.
I only called for the pass twice. I was wide open both times and those were good plays. You can't blame me for calling for it. The CPU wouldn't have passed to me if I didn't and that goal wouldn't have happened. I'm not one of those guys who just camps out at the blueline spamming RT over and over. Guys who do that are easy to stop anyways, if you have human defenders.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:52 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Anyone know the "secret" for drawing penalties? Im Philly in my GM Connected and get this. I have gotten 98 powerplays this year so far and the next closest to me has 130. Its starting to get really frustrating when everyone gets away with interference and everything else and than I get called for it.
I wish I did, it's the same for me. Some 'players' interfere ALL the *** time and NEVER get a call. I started to try it out too, it works for them so I said F it, If you can't beat it join it.

All comes down to timing, you can interfere a great deal in the game if the timing is right. esp when puck battling, puck is no where near me I get knocked down, the other team picks up the puck skates out in front and goal. Makes me want to sell this game.

There is a HUGE difference who play the 'game' and those who play the 'hockey' in the game.

I am the 'hockey' type player and so often get beat by people who are a 'game' player. They have their things to win and it works b/c of CPU AI and game engine. Pure Dirt.

/rant

Old
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I only called for the pass twice. I was wide open both times and those were good plays. You can't blame me for calling for it. The CPU wouldn't have passed to me if I didn't and that goal wouldn't have happened. I'm not one of those guys who just camps out at the blueline spamming RT over and over. Guys who do that are easy to stop anyways, if you have human defenders.
But who wants to waste their time shadowing those guys? They're the same ones that will exploit everything they can and kill any semblance of hockey.

I haven't played more than 5 EASHL games this year and won't look back. The other game modes are far more satisfying.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
But who wants to waste their time shadowing those guys? They're the same ones that will exploit everything they can and kill any semblance of hockey.

I haven't played more than 5 EASHL games this year and won't look back. The other game modes are far more satisfying.
There is no exploiting if you play 6v6. Or at least there is less of it if you play with human goalies, which I do.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
You know, I really wish my club could figure out how to have successful AI in eashl. I play in net, and when we do 6v6, I usually average 90%+ save percentage, but if we have an AI defense, the AI does nothing but stand there while the opposing forwards get an average of 4 breakaways per game, making it hard to stay above 80% save some games. The other team's AI defensemen are always like Pronger on steroids too, which is really damn annoying.

Does anyone know if there's a strategy to having non-retarted AI that every club except mine seems to have figured out?

Old
11-30-2012, 10:59 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
You know, I really wish my club could figure out how to have successful AI in eashl. I play in net, and when we do 6v6, I usually average 90%+ save percentage, but if we have an AI defense, the AI does nothing but stand there while the opposing forwards get an average of 4 breakaways per game, making it hard to stay above 80% save some games. The other team's AI defensemen are always like Pronger on steroids too, which is really damn annoying.

Does anyone know if there's a strategy to having non-retarted AI that every club except mine seems to have figured out?
Forecheck = Towards Neutral Zone (Full NZ if you really don't want breakaways)
Neutral Zone forecheck = 1-2-2 Redline or 1-4
Defensive Zone pressure = Depends on team logo*

If your team logo uses Collapsing, you can use Puck Side Attack or High Pressure without much drawback. The AI dmen will try to hit the puck carrier if he tries to cut inside (the Pronger on steroids) when he enters the zone, but he will generally maintain position in front of the net when the opposing team is set up in the zone.

If your team logo uses Staggered, use Standard or Puck Side Attack. On Puck Side Attack, the dmen will try to hit the puck carrier, but you run the risk of him chasing when they're set up in the zone. The more conservative Standard will generally let the opponents walk into the zone, but you're less likely to see the AI dmen chasing.

If your team logo uses Tight Point, use Defend Lead or Contain Puck. This is a complete catch 22 because Standard or higher and your AI are going to be chasing like crazy, which opens up the slot if your humans aren't covering it. The drawback to using a conservative pressure is that the AI dmen won't even try to stop the opponents from walking to the front of the net.

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends
CHL Prospects Red (Star, Dollar Sign, Viking, Spider, Scorpion, Piranha, Ninja, Chess Piece)

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
CHL Prospects White (Barracuda, Kicking Horse, Bobcat, Beaver, Mining Equipment, Diamond, Crazy Guy, Honda)

Last edited by n00bxQb: 11-30-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old
11-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post

If your team logo uses Collapsing, you can use Puck Side Attack or High Pressure without much drawback. The AI dmen will try to hit the puck carrier if he tries to cut inside (the Pronger on steroids) when he enters the zone, but he will generally maintain position in front of the net when the opposing team is set up in the zone.

If your team logo uses Staggered, use Standard or Puck Side Attack. On Puck Side Attack, the dmen will try to hit the puck carrier, but you run the risk of him chasing when they're set up in the zone. The more conservative Standard will generally let the opponents walk into the zone, but you're less likely to see the AI dmen chasing.

If your team logo uses Tight Point, use Defend Lead or Contain Puck. This is a complete catch 22 because Standard or higher and your AI are going to be chasing like crazy, which opens up the slot if your humans aren't covering it. The drawback to using a conservative pressure is that the AI dmen won't even try to stop the opponents from walking to the front of the net.

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends
CHL Prospects Red (Star, Dollar Sign, Viking, Spider, Scorpion, Piranha, Ninja, Chess Piece)

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
CHL Prospects White (Barracuda, Kicking Horse, Bobcat, Beaver, Mining Equipment, Diamond, Crazy Guy, Honda)
Thanks for the help on that, I'll definitely change some stuff up, hopefully that helps.

Although I'm somewhat confused about the whole logo thing. The jersey logo actually changes AI? Wierd. My team is using a custom jersey (with the knight logo if that matters), what category would that fall under? (Or am I just completely misunderstanding that part?)

Edit: or am i being completely trolled and not knowing?

Last edited by Diamondillium: 11-30-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 12:47 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
I hate to be that guy, but can you prove this? Is this just a theory you have or have you noticed this in the EASHL?

Old
11-30-2012, 02:14 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:

Logos...

Collapsing:
Anaheim
Calgary
Detroit
Minnesota
Montreal
New Jersey
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
St. Louis

Staggered:
Boston
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
NY Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington
NHL All-Stars
NHL Legends

Tight Point:
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg

Old
11-30-2012, 04:11 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Thanks for the help on that, I'll definitely change some stuff up, hopefully that helps.

Although I'm somewhat confused about the whole logo thing. The jersey logo actually changes AI? Wierd. My team is using a custom jersey (with the knight logo if that matters), what category would that fall under? (Or am I just completely misunderstanding that part?)

Edit: or am i being completely trolled and not knowing?
I don't know what the Knight logo falls under (you can probably check in NHL 12 EASHL if you still have it).

The default AI strategies are attached to your team's logo choice and use the same strategies as their NHL (or other) counter-parts. For example, if your team uses a Canucks logo, you'll have the same default AI strategies as the Canucks.

This has been the case for at least NHL 11, 12, and 13 in EASHL and HUT (though, admittedly, I haven't played HUT this year).

Old
11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
I don't know what the Knight logo falls under (you can probably check in NHL 12 EASHL if you still have it).

The default AI strategies are attached to your team's logo choice and use the same strategies as their NHL (or other) counter-parts. For example, if your team uses a Canucks logo, you'll have the same default AI strategies as the Canucks.

This has been the case for at least NHL 11, 12, and 13 in EASHL and HUT (though, admittedly, I haven't played HUT this year).
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That's definitely interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Passchendaele

Wow.

Bought the game on release day, now, I can't start a new Be-A-GM/Be-A-Pro.

Won't stop freezing sometime during the preseason. **** that ****. I'm done with EA.

Next generation of consoles is due sometime around late 2013/early 2014 anyway (and I'm not buying the new one).

Old
12-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Vikingstad
**** the King

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/144078568

Crazy hit that I got during a Club game today. Im the Blue defender that comes in and hits the guy while hes still in mid air.

Skates got the goalie in the throat, he shouldve died lolll

Old
12-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Has anyone done a run-through the GM Connected by theirselves and can you tell me which players are the best to turn out??

Old
12-02-2012, 02:01 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Has anyone done a run-through the GM Connected by theirselves and can you tell me which players are the best to turn out??
Huberdeau, Klimchuk

Old
12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

This game is damn near unplayable head to head online. Every single poke check is a penalty, and the lag is unbearable.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Huberdeau, Klimchuk
I traded up to 1st overall=

Old
12-03-2012, 06:06 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Also Nyqvist.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Greeningfan14

And Barstchi and Morrisey

Old
12-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Anton Zlobin has turned out very well for me, and I know a few others have had similar success. 85 overall and has 90+ in most offensive stats. Regularly puts up a PPG.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Radiojock

NHL 13 for 48 Hrs Straight for Charity? C'MON!

Still have a few GM slots open for what will be a CRAZY weekend, December 15th/16th as we try to zip through a full 82 game Season in 48 Hours or Less, all the while raising money for Child's Play (Children's Hospitals all over North America!)

Anyone want in? Think "Desert Bus for Hope", with hockey Sticks.

Website HERE

The more the Merrier, but be warned... it'll be pretty grueling!

/XBL only, unfortunately! Sorry PS3'ers, no one wanted to organize that Leg.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:44 PM
FlamesFan18

When will there be a roster update? I want prospects such as Jones, Barkov, Brodin and as a Flames fan Sieloff. Also I want prospects currently in AHL to be able to be moved to the AHL without becoming a FA in Be a GM. This is getting really annoying. in the last 3 months pretty much all they have done is add Mitch Moroz to the Edmonton Oil Kings...

Old
12-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
When will there be a roster update? I want prospects such as Jones, Barkov, Brodin and as a Flames fan Sieloff. Also I want prospects currently in AHL to be able to be moved to the AHL without becoming a FA in Be a GM. This is getting really annoying. in the last 3 months pretty much all they have done is add Mitch Moroz to the Edmonton Oil Kings...
He's in though..

Old
12-05-2012, 11:17 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I just turned off Auto Back Skating and it's like a whole new game. (For those of you still living with the default, go to Controller Settings and fix it NOW)!

Old
12-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Krishna

People that leave it on are clowns

Closed Thread