HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilfverFoppaBerg View Post
Sucks for Ceci. Although last game against the Spitfire he seemed to have tweaked his knee and he really didnt skate the same since afterwards. Wouldnt be surprised if he was injured for 1-2 weeks.
OT, but I have to ask. Is that Tommy Trash in your avy?

Old
12-03-2012, 08:27 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
High Five.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
If I have a psychic already then I have a level 100 Rattata and a 100 Mewtwo and I know my opponent will be using ghost pokemon, damn straight I am taking Rattata.

Translation:
If I have a good line up of offensive threats and I can have either a 200 meter playing powerforward that can throw his weight around or another offensive threat player. If I know my Opponent is going to have tough fast players (Russia) damn straight I am taking the power forward.

I know about pokemon too.
uhh. Normal type doesn't effect Ghost type, while Psychic does effect Ghost type. Especially if your Ghost is Gastly/Haunter/Gengar, then Psychic is super effective.

Therefore Mewtwo would be more useful against a ghost type, so you're wrong.

Mewtwo also learns a greater variety of attacks (such as Dark type or Ghost type moves), and they are quite simply more powerful than what Rattata learns.

Finally, Mewtwo's base stats total 680, while Rattata's total 253.

Mewtwo >>>>> Rattata AINEC, even if you're team already has Alakazam, Hypno, Exeggutor, Mr. Mime and Slowbro/Starmie.

Translation:
You take the better player regardless of whether or not he throws his weight around.

I know Pokémon better.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
derriko

Chemistry and roles are very important...just ask the LA Lakers how they are doing. They chose the "pick up all the talent you can get route" and look where they are. They just cant play together, and the same thing would happen if you have 20 players who need the puck, yet only one puck and limited play time.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Offense always seems to trump defence at this tournament any way. It aint the stanley cup. Why not just load up on skilled players and go run and gun?

Old
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Mandy, I don't think we have agreed on a single topic.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:13 PM
starling

Maybe Spott just doesn't want to leave his team without 4 best players and a coach for two weeks.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
OneManArmy65*

Quote:
If I have a psychic already then I have a level 100 Rattata and a 100 Mewtwo and I know my opponent will be using ghost pokemon, damn straight I am taking Rattata.

Translation:
If I have a good line up of offensive threats and I can have either a 200 meter playing powerforward that can throw his weight around or another offensive threat player. If I know my Opponent is going to have tough fast players (Russia) damn straight I am taking the power forward.

I know about pokemon too.
Normal doesn't effect ghost in Pokemon though

Old
12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy65 View Post
Rattata learns dark moves which are supper effective on ghosts.
Ghost moves have no effect on Normal.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy65 View Post
exactly which is why Rattata is useless

I'm not saying they should pick 12 Phil Kessels.

They should pick the best all around players. Which includes offense and defense. Not one dimensional defensive players or grinders.

Players with a high skill level who can contribute in the defensive zone. To quote Hannah Montana, ''You get the best of both worlds''.

Physicality = irrelevant. Top scorer on 4th line = OK. You don't need crap grinders or D-men that can't handle the puck.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Like what, Pursuit?

that's a horrible move compared to what Mewtwo can learn

Old
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Sucker punch

Old
12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
MAK19

lol don't know that one

Rattata = Qward's fave Pokémon

Team Canada likes Rattatas too much

Old
12-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
Sucker punch
Crunch as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:24 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
Offense always seems to trump defence at this tournament any way. It aint the stanley cup. Why not just load up on skilled players and go run and gun?
Yup. It has happened many times in the past, especially when Canada seems to lose. We seem to lack some firepower up front and on the backend and can't buy a goal.

The years we passed on Seguin and Nuge we lost and lacked scoring. We passed on Toffoli who was in my opinion one of the top 5 most gifted offensive players in the CHL last year and he was passed over too.

Heck go back to the Rob Zamuner days back in what Nagano was it? Awful.

10/10 I'd take a pure offensive player who might have some defensive shortcomings in a tourney over a defensive player who won't score.

I hate hockey Canada and their selections.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:29 AM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
So Cody Ceci is the final cut last year to make the team, but wasn't even invited to this years camp? What a joke. Right now Ceci is a better player then Corrado, Pelech, Wotherspoon, Sproul, and Pouliot.
This is exactly what crossed my mind when I saw the invite list.. How can this be possible?

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the 67s are terrible this year. The guy is a two way minute eater defenseman.. How the hell does he get left at home? What a joke. A guy like Adam Pelech makes it over Ceci, are you kidding? I knew a spot was no guarantee on the final roster, but not even the selection camp..

Old
12-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

Physicality = irrelevant. Top scorer on 4th line = OK. You don't need crap grinders or D-men that can't handle the puck.
Have you seen how intimidating the Canadian fore-check is? Opposing defense are always making bad passing just to get rid of the puck to try to avoid a hit. Canada is by far the most physical team of the tournament every year and its a huge advantage.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
This is exactly what crossed my mind when I saw the invite list.. How can this be possible?

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the 67s are terrible this year. The guy is a two way minute eater defenseman.. How the hell does he get left at home? What a joke. A guy like Adam Pelech makes it over Ceci, are you kidding? I knew a spot was no guarantee on the final roster, but not even the selection camp..
Sweden cut Aberg who played on the team last year.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:

It's pretty obvious what Hockey Canada was thinking. Spott is head coach, so we know Murphy will be the go to guy offensively with Hamilton. Those are two guy's guarenteed to be on the PP over Ceci.

Add in Rielly, who Hockey Canada certainly view as a better option out there offensively, that is three guys who are certain to be relied upon for offence.

Harrington and Ouellete will both be back there as Defensive anchors, which leaves two open spots, which will more than likely be used on two-way d-men.

The other Offensive D that were invited (Dumba, Pouliot, Sproul) are all having years similar to Ceci (With the exception of Dumba, I think he made it because of his name) and a case could be made for any of them. Dumba and Pouliot are 18 and will likely be go-to guy's next year, (although, same could have been said of Ceci last year) and Sproul has been lights out this year.

It is not as if Ceci is a bad prospect. This year is the best for Canadian D men since 03'. He is a top 5 Offensive Dman in the CHL, but there are 3-4 who are better or equal, while being slightly better Defensively.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Sweden cut Aberg who played on the team last year.
Aberg was injured last year - so we don't know if he would have played or not, although most suspect he would have.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:29 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
It's pretty obvious what Hockey Canada was thinking. Spott is head coach, so we know Murphy will be the go to guy offensively with Hamilton. Those are two guy's guarenteed to be on the PP over Ceci.

Add in Rielly, who Hockey Canada certainly view as a better option out there offensively, that is three guys who are certain to be relied upon for offence.

Harrington and Ouellete will both be back there as Defensive anchors, which leaves two open spots, which will more than likely be used on two-way d-men.

The other Offensive D that were invited (Dumba, Pouliot, Sproul) are all having years similar to Ceci (With the exception of Dumba, I think he made it because of his name) and a case could be made for any of them. Dumba and Pouliot are 18 and will likely be go-to guy's next year, (although, same could have been said of Ceci last year) and Sproul has been lights out this year.

It is not as if Ceci is a bad prospect. This year is the best for Canadian D men since 03'. He is a top 5 Offensive Dman in the CHL, but there are 3-4 who are better or equal, while being slightly better Defensively.
I'm not saying he was guaranteed a spot on the team, I just believed he was at least guaranteed a spot on the development camp roster. It's not like Ceci is a one dimensional offensive defenseman, he's versatile and can play any role. Therefore he should have been invited to camp over someone like Pelech. That's all I'm saying.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
General Granny*

Really excited for people to see Noesen, he's really underrated here, has some great hands and the knack to get to the net. Pair him up with Gally and watch some magic. Reminds me a lot of Dustin Brown.

Also excited to see Wikrstrand seeing I have never watched him play before.

Should be a good tourney.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
I'm not saying he was guaranteed a spot on the team, I just believed he was at least guaranteed a spot on the development camp roster. It's not like Ceci is a one dimensional offensive defenseman, he's versatile and can play any role. Therefore he should have been invited to camp over someone like Pelech. That's all I'm saying.
Pelech has been almost as good offensively as Ceci this year in the OHL, while being younger, bigger, stronger and quite a bit better defensively. Pelech was also tremendous at the U18's last spring, so his international experience is actually ahead of Ceci in some ways. Plus, Pelech is just a better candidate to be a more defensive d-man for the team and be a key guy on the PK. The team will need a few d-men like that.

It's easy and understandable to be disappointed about Ceci not being invited, but it's not as easy to point at the guys who were invited and say they shouldn't be. There are many allstar d-men from Canada who never got the invite, so no shame really.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:56 PM
OneManArmy65*

Quote:
Ah you play the newer games I see.

Carry on.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

How the hell did a hockey prospects thread become a Pokemon thread?

12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Pelech has been almost as good offensively as Ceci this year in the OHL, while being younger, bigger, stronger and quite a bit better defensively. Pelech was also tremendous at the U18's last spring, so his international experience is actually ahead of Ceci in some ways. Plus, Pelech is just a better candidate to be a more defensive d-man for the team and be a key guy on the PK. The team will need a few d-men like that.

It's easy and understandable to be disappointed about Ceci not being invited, but it's not as easy to point at the guys who were invited and say they shouldn't be. There are many allstar d-men from Canada who never got the invite, so no shame really.
Ceci is a point per game and Pelech is 5 points under a point per game. He also is not bigger than Ceci, Ceci is 6'3 215 and Pelech is 6'2 210. Youth is rarely taken into consideration as a positive and in most cases works against a player for WJC selection. Ceci has also represented Canada in the U18's so that argument of more international experience is out the window..

At least do some research before posting. Pelech may have a defensive edge, but Ceci's total package has way more value to a team. Its not even close IMO.

Closed Thread