HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Young Sens having fun during playoffs

Old
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
simplefan

vCash: 500
Young Sens having fun during playoffs

Check at 7:59

simplefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:52 AM
zoA

... Am I missing something?

zoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
simplefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoA View Post
... Am I missing something?
Hockey.

We NEED hockey.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:01 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Sounds like fun.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
bombers15

wat.

bombers15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:24 PM
sauce11

gives an idea of what the sens could be in the near future (minus foligno), but really? a thread for this?

sauce11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
simplefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce11 View Post
gives an idea of what the sens could be in the near future (minus foligno), but really? a thread for this?
It's just to contrast with how things are going now. When they played, it wasn't about money. It was about fun.

But hey I'm a ''Simple fan''

Old
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
HavlatMach9

That was pretty, all sorts of random passes between the young players in the playoffs no less.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
simplefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
That was pretty, all sorts of random passes between the young players in the playoffs no less.
I agree

Old
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
They got too fancy. Failed to get off a shot.

12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
SevenOfSpades
SkinnyOneOnTheRight

vCash: 125
Man Lundqvist was amazing this series.

I wish he played for us.

SevenOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
simplefan

I felt the Sens dominated. However, if guys like Smith, Greening played like they did in the regular season, we would have went past the Rangers easily, IMO.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
salomonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
I felt the Sens dominated. However, if guys like Smith, Greening played like they did in the regular season, we would have went past the Rangers easily, IMO.
Agreed if Smith had not lost his gas he would have helped in this series, same for Greening, we needed more from those guys to have won that series.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 08:42 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I just watched all the games in the series. Took me more than an hour cause each game highlight had 10+ minutes. I gotta say. Smith, Greening, Neil, O'Brien were absolutely HUGE for us every single game. Those guys are gonna be on this team for a long-time. Maybe not as much Neil but Smith and O'Briens will be elite 3rd liners who will be nightmares to play against in the playoffs. Greening does it all.

The only thing we truly lacked was high-end scoring forwards. We had Butler on the top line ffs. I think that will be resolved with Silfverberg, a better Turris and a top end forward through free agency or trade. Loss of Alfredsson will be huge but I feel like we can fill that through the organization with Zibanejad.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonster View Post
Agreed if Smith had not lost his gas he would have helped in this series, same for Greening, we needed more from those guys to have won that series.
I made the post above before looking at these. Good to know we share the same opinion. Those guys can be huge for us. Smith just gets better and better. O'Brien was a huge thorn on NYR's side the entire series as well.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
simplefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I made the post above before looking at these. Good to know we share the same opinion. Those guys can be huge for us. Smith just gets better and better. O'Brien was a huge thorn on NYR's side the entire series as well.
True. Obrien was really interesting. He's really developping in that Fisher mold.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
11Alfredsson

vCash: 920
Quote:
True. Obrien was really interesting. He's really developping in that Fisher mold.
Really? That's what you see in Obrien? He looks more like a Chris Kelly mold to me. Hes extremely smart on the PK and has decent hands. Not as physical as Fisher but he can actually play the east-west type of hockey not just north-south

Quote:
I just watched all the games in the series. Took me more than an hour cause each game highlight had 10+ minutes. I gotta say. Smith, Greening, Neil, O'Brien were absolutely HUGE for us every single game. Those guys are gonna be on this team for a long-time. Maybe not as much Neil but Smith and O'Briens will be elite 3rd liners who will be nightmares to play against in the playoffs. Greening does it all.

The only thing we truly lacked was high-end scoring forwards. We had Butler on the top line ffs. I think that will be resolved with Silfverberg, a better Turris and a top end forward through free agency or trade. Loss of Alfredsson will be huge but I feel like we can fill that through the organization with Zibanejad.
Those are some pretty huge shoes Zibby has to fill

11Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:33 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Those are some pretty huge shoes Zibby has to fill
I should have been more specific in my analysis of the situation I meant to describe. The addition of Silfverberg should be a HUGE improvement over previous guys like Butler, with that being said, we'll still lose an ELITE player in Alfredsson. What I meant is that hopefully Zibanejad can be good enough that he and Silfverberg can soften the lose caused by the absence of Alfredsson's offensive ability and add onto what Butler could do and more.

Basically if both Silfverberg+Zibanejad equal 50 points each, it would cancel out Alfredssons 80 and Butler's 30. Now what I'm hoping is Silfverberg becomes 65-70 and Zibanejad 60 as well. It's like a best case scenario and allows us to role more deeper lines.

If anything, Silfverberg would be the Alfredsson type replacement. They play such similar styles, let's home the offensive upside is at least 3/4ths of Alfies.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
simplefan

Quote:
I should have been more specific in my analysis of the situation I meant to describe. The addition of Silfverberg should be a HUGE improvement over previous guys like Butler, with that being said, we'll still lose an ELITE player in Alfredsson. What I meant is that hopefully Zibanejad can be good enough that he and Silfverberg can soften the lose caused by the absence of Alfredsson's offensive ability and add onto what Butler could do and more.

Basically if both Silfverberg+Zibanejad equal 50 points each, it would cancel out Alfredssons 80 and Butler's 30. Now what I'm hoping is Silfverberg becomes 65-70 and Zibanejad 60 as well. It's like a best case scenario and allows us to role more deeper lines.

If anything, Silfverberg would be the Alfredsson type replacement. They play such similar styles, let's home the offensive upside is at least 3/4ths of Alfies.
Like someone said, it's pretty big shoes to fill
However, Silfverberg is a WINNER. He was SEL best player in both regular season and playoffs. He's not a really fast skater, just like Alfie. But he's an exceptionaly smart player. I believe that if he fills his potential, he might be just as important as Alfie was for us (ok... that might me a stretch)

Old
12-03-2012, 10:49 PM
simplefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Really? That's what you see in Obrien? He looks more like a Chris Kelly mold to me. Hes extremely smart on the PK and has decent hands. Not as physical as Fisher but he can actually play the east-west type of hockey not just north-south

If I'm not mistaken, he's kinda a mix of the two. I hope everything of Kelly except his stone hands

Old
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, he's kinda a mix of the two. I hope everything of Kelly except his stone hands
I see a mix of the two, but with less offensive potential then both. I see him topping out in the low 30 points. I don't see him approaching 40 points like kelly or getting over 50 points like fisher.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

We looked like the Globetrotters.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
We looked like the Globetrotters.
Minus the production/winning

Lenny the Lynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
simplefan

Zibanejad

Do you think if Zibanejad played, he would have made a great impact? Thoughts...

Old
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
General Granny*

Quote:
Do you think if Zibanejad played, he would have made a great impact? Thoughts...
No but the series should have been over at game 6, too bad the coach decided to screw with a winning lineup and inject Silfverberg in there.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote