HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier and Joe Pavelski to Toronto

Old
12-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Jonathan Bernier and Joe Pavelski to Toronto

To TO: Bernier
To LA: Reimer + 1st

Kings downgrade in goal but get a 1st back. Leafs get a starter with high upside.

To TO: Pavelski
To SJ: Lombardi + Kulemim + 2nd

Leafs get a borderline #1 centre (cause Connolly is never healthy) but still a big upgrade on Bozak, Connolly, JVR, Kadri. Sharks upgrade their bottom 6 and 3rd line depth with Kulemin and Lombardi can step into Pavelskis spot.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
To TO: Bernier
To LA: Reimer + 1st

Kings downgrade in goal but get a 1st back. Leafs get a starter with high upside.

To TO: Pavelski
To SJ: Lombardi + Kulemim + 2nd

Leafs get a borderline #1 centre (cause Connolly is never healthy) but still a big uprade on Bozak, Connolly, JVR, Kadri, Lombardi. Sharks upgrade their bottom 6 and 3rd line depth with Kulemin and Lombardi can step into Pavelskis spot.
I'm gonna say Toronto says no to the first one, and the Sharks say no to the second one

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I'm gonna say Toronto says no to the first one, and the Sharks say no to the second one
Yeah, this.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Sharks say a big hell no to the second one.

Two scrap players and a 2nd for Pavelski, laughable.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
We can talk Kulemin for Clowe, but that's not even close for Pavelski.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Kings say no to this. Need at least a prospect with the frist.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

That second offer is just brutal...

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Lebowski

I love your justification for the second proposal.

"The Leafs get a borderline 1st line center but the Kings solidify their bottom six.

It should automatically ring a bell.

Also, I wouldn't call Bernier a N.1 goalie, nor a goalie with tremendous upside. At this point, I think we can expect him to become an average N.1, if he's ever given the opportunity. He's definitely an upgrade over Reimer, but If I were a Leafs fan, I would sacrifice a first rounder for him, considering the fact that there's a good chance you pick in the lottery again. Even then, you could nab Fucale in the 2013 draft.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:00 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Kings say no to this. Need at least a prospect with the frist.
Wow. I guess Bernier will just rot in LA forever then.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
glenbuis

Id take reimer and the first and not enough for sj.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Puckgenius*

Would leafs be willing to move Lupul for a legit top 2 centre? I would cause Pavelski + Kessell would be a nice duo. How about Lombardi + Lupul for Pavelski?

Old
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
Wow. I guess Bernier will just rot in LA forever then.
He is signed and will be a rfa again after the season. There is no reason to trade him unless we get what we need for him. He is a great insurance should quick get hurt. Also with the cba pushing for more years in rfa He ll proberly be a king till he proves hes worthy of what the kings ask. Hes a nice cheap peace and you ll have to pay a premium to get him. what are the other options pay million for 10 years of loungo lol kipper He is the best option out there imo.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Violent By Design

First is too much and second is not enough. The price for Pavelski would be too high for the Leafs to bother, they would be better off targeting a legit #1 center.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Would leafs be willing to move Lupul for a legit top 2 centre? I would cause Pavelski + Kessell would be a nice duo. How about Lombardi + Lupul for Pavelski?
we want no part of Lombardi

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Bernier is no better and the same age as Reimer, in what world is a 1st added?

The seconds not close, although id love Pavelski.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Pretty brutal offer for Pavelski

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Bernier is no better and the same age as Reimer, in what world is a 1st added?

The seconds not close, although id love Pavelski.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

San Jose will never consider the Pavelski offer. It's two salary dumps and a 2nd. No way in hell. Kulemin+ is equal to Clowe.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:42 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Give me one good reason aside from draft pedigree that would suggest a 1st needs to be added?

Could it have anything to do with Berniers worse career save % in less games on one of the best defensive teams in the league, or Reimers better career save % in more games on one of the worst defensive teams in the league?

Old
12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Give me one good reason aside from draft pedigree that would suggest a 1st needs to be added?

Could it have anything to do with Berniers worse career save % in less games on one of the best defensive teams in the league, or Reimers better career save % in more games on one of the worst defensive teams in the league?
Frist off i wouldnt want remier coming back id prefer frattin or carter or maybe kadri. I ask u have u seen bernier play at all ? He is calm and technically very sound. He really only had one bad outing last year against the red wings. As far as stats go yes he might have worse number but a goalie needs to play more then once every 3 weeks or so which is what bernier is averging. The kings dont play the same as they do under Quick They give up alot more shots when bernier is in net. Also he played mostly when the kings couldnt score to save there lives not on the same team that won the cup. He was delveloped right giving him alot of time to develope not his fault quick come in a took over. He has dominated every league hes had the chance to start. All he needs is games to prove it. You would need to actually see him play to see his worth but like most people im sure ur just looking at his stats.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Frist off i wouldnt want remier coming back id prefer frattin or carter or maybe kadri. I ask u have u seen bernier play at all ? He is calm and technically very sound. He really only had one bad outing last year against the red wings. As far as stats go yes he might have worse number but a goalie needs to play more then once every 3 weeks or so which is what bernier is averging. The kings dont play the same as they do under Quick They give up alot more shots when bernier is in net. Also he played mostly when the kings couldnt score to save there lives not on the same team that won the cup. He was delveloped right giving him alot of time to develope not his fault quick come in a took over. He has dominated every league hes had the chance to start. All he needs is games to prove it. You would need to actually see him play to see his worth but like most people im sure ur just looking at his stats.
I have seen him play multiple times, and there is no feasible explanation that can be given that will prove that Bernier is a better calibre of goalie. There is nothing you said in this post that disputed why Bernier is better and why the difference in value is a 1st ( likely to be top 5). Again, i never said Bernier was bad and never said Reimer is better, im arguing the value in the OP.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I have seen him play multiple times, and there is no feasible explanation that can be given that will prove that Bernier is a better calibre of goalie. There is nothing you said in this post that disputed why Bernier is better and why the difference in value is a 1st ( likely to be top 5). Again, i never said Bernier was bad and never said Reimer is better, im arguing the value in the OP.
I never once said u had to agree. The kings are happy with him as backup. As i stated in the other bernier thread Bernier is a cheap young backup right now and is stuck in the kings organization for proberly 3 years before we have to decide on him with the new rfa coming. He simply needs more games to prove he can handle being number one. He would be getting them right now if there was a season due to Quick having off season surgury. If u can see that bernier s number would be better with more playing time ( every goalie is going to get better with more playing time) there nothing i can say to you. I would be willing to make it a frist with it being top 5 protected if that makes u feel better. I agree that would be to much. I think if u have him playing with remier your team would be alot better and i think u would challenge for the playoffs imo therefor the pick would be around 11 - 16 and aston or frattin would be a fair trade.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Seanahue

That second proposal may be the worst thing I have ever seen on this board.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Lombardi has no value for us whatsoever. Kuli + 2nd doesn't come close to getting Pavelski.

That's like offering Handzus + Galiardi + 2nd for Phaneuf.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
berniers upside is much larger than Reimer. reimer isnt even gaurenteed to be a legit starter, i see him more of a tweener or a good backup. Like a Raycroft type.