HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

Old
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Mirinho

vCash: 500
Roster Talk '13 — Czech Republic

preliminary roster announced today

G:
Patrik Bartošák (Red Deer, WHL), Jan Lukáš (Olomouc), Matěj Machovský (Brampton, OHL)

D:
David Musil (Edmonton, WHL), Marek Hrbas (Kamloops, WHL), Milan Doudera (Kladno), Vojtěch Zadražil (Jihlava), Jan Štencel (Vítkovice), Petr Šidlík (Victoriaville, QMJHL), Tomáš Kvapil (K. Vary), Tomáš Pavelka (P.E.I., QMJHL), Patrik Urbanec (Zlín)

F:
Tomáš Hertl (Slavia Praha), Dmirij Jaškin (Moncton, QMJHL), Radek Faksa (Kitchener, OHL), Martin Frk (Halifax, QMJHL), Matěj Beran (P.E.I., QMJHL), Tomáš Hyka (Gatineau, QMJHL), Lukáš Sedlák (Chicoutimi, QMJHL), Tomáš Rousek, Michal Švihálek (both Č. Budějovice), Petr Koblasa, Vojtěch Tomeček (both K. Vary), Erik Němec (Vítkovice), Dominik Simon (Sparta Praha), Petr Beránek (Znojmo), Jakub Vrána (Linköping)

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Mirinho

just my opinion

G: ... Machovský and Bartošák are fine

D: ... key to success, they can only surprise everyone, because on paper it looks terrible

F: ... wauuu Jaskin, Hertl, Frk, Faksa, Hyka, Sedlak ... - we hadn't so many good forwards for a loooooong time .. I hope my darkhorse Jakub Vrána will make it (he's 16 or 17?)

my 1st PP unit ... I'll dream about it
Faksa/Hyka - Hertl - Jaskin
Musil - Frk

Last edited by Mirinho: 12-03-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:05 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
This team is looking really strong in the forward department and goalers. Machovský really is underrated and should be their starter, IMO.

Defense does look questionable.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
This team is looking really strong in the forward department and goalers. Machovský really is underrated and should be their starter, IMO.

Defense does look questionable.
The coach is a moron. He's overlooking players like Stransky (over PPG in the WHL) for guys like Petr Beranek? And does the same to Richard Nedomlel, while taking Sidlik and Doudera. Neither Beranek nor Doudera could cut it in the CHL, meanwhile both Nedomlel and Stransky are succeeding and don't get selected. His irrational hate of these kids is disgusting.

Absolutely terrible.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:14 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
The coach is a moron. He's overlooking players like Stransky (over PPG in the WHL) for guys like Petr Beranek? And does the same to Richard Nedomlel, while taking Sidlik and Doudera.

Terrible.
I'm terrible when it comes to birthyears, but isn't Stransky too old?

Totally agree about Nedomlel though. That would've been a beast pairing with him and Musil.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I'm terrible when it comes to birthyears, but isn't Stransky too old?

Totally agree about Nedomlel though. That would've been a beast pairing with him and Musil.
Nope, Stransky is a '93. Somehow this moron of a coach thinks Petr Beranek is a better player though.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Novacain

Can't speak for all Blues fans, but I imagine there will be a lot of us invested in the Czech team and rooting for them: We want to see just what Jaskin is capable of at this setting.

Novacain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Seems like a strong forward group. I'm excited to see Hertl play among his peers.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Anchor Town

How the hell does Nedomlel not get selected? After Musil he's pretty much the next best defenseman Czech has. Politics?

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
just my opinion

G: ... Machovský and Bartošák are fine

D: ... key to success, they can only surprise everyone, because on paper it looks terrible

F: ... wauuu Jaskin, Hertl, Frk, Faksa, Hyka, Sedlak ... - we hadn't so many good forwards for a loooooong time .. I hope my darkhorse Jakub Vrána will make it (he's 16 or 17?)

my 1st PP unit ... I'll dream about it
Faksa/Hyka - Hertl - Jaskin
Musil - Frk
16 - born in February '96 I really, really hope he makes it too, he's awesome!

Schnurvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:52 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
How the hell does Nedomlel not get selected? After Musil he's pretty much the next best defenseman Czech has. Politics?
That's why Doudera and Beranek are there but Stransky and Nedomlel aren't.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Could be. I remember reading few years back on other forum that Czech coach invited only "his" players, mostly from Slavia or Sparta, while he simply ignored players from two clubs that played for title in Czech U20 league. And result was disasterful, Czech U18 team were relegated from Elite division. It was back in 2007.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

That's ridiculous how Nedomlel isn't invited. I've watched this player live dozens of times and his improvement with the puck is just remarkable. Also, he's one of the strongest and meanest in the WHL, and he's able to intimidate without taking penalties (save fighting majors haha).

He deserves to be on the team, and it's too bad he won't be.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Detroit took him in the 7th round. This could end up being another sensational late round pick for them

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:59 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Could be. I remember reading few years back on other forum that Czech coach invited only "his" players, mostly from Slavia or Sparta, while he simply ignored players from two clubs that played for title in Czech U20 league. And result was disasterful, Czech U18 team were relegated from Elite division. It was back in 2007.
They've done this multiple times. Poster Czechexpert will have better information than I do, but the Vitkovice team has stopped many players who left their organization to play in the CHL from playing in the WJC. Mrazek was stopped one year, Polasek (Vancouver prospect) was left off the roster, as was Stransky last year and apparently now.

Luckily, they have a very strong group up front, but the fact that they're neglecting a player with Stransky's talent throws up red flags. The kid would make this teams second line much stronger and would keep Beranek far away from this lineup. These politics are going to hurt the teams chances at winning by keeping two of their top players off the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Detroit took him in the 7th round. This could end up being another sensational late round pick for them
He was a 6th round pick (not that it really matters, but for clarification). And yes, he's a big, solid body on the point who plays a strong defensive game and can also produce some points at the junior level. Leaving Nedomlel off the roster for a dud like Doudera is mind boggling. Anybody who watches hockey would know that this is the wrong move as Doudera was absolutely horrendous in the CHL (although he did improve greatly from his first season to his second). I just can't fathom a coach who's being trusted to pick the nation's best squad of under-20 players actually leaving Stransky and Nedomlel off the roster. It's astonishing in the worst ways!

Old
12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Hey guys, Wings fan here. REALLY dissapointed Nedomlel didn't make it, looks like he got screwed. Where do you guys think Frk will play?

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:11 PM
smitty10

The Czech team can be really good this year. If they decide, as they should, to allow Nedomlel and Stransky to be a part of the roster, this team could be very strong.

A forward lineup of:

Jaskin-Hertl-Frk
Stransky-Faksa-Hyka
Rousek-Sedlak-Koblasa
Svihalek-Beran-Tomacek
Vrana

Musil-Hrbas
Nedomlel-Zadrazil
Kvapil-Pavelka
Urbanec

Bartosak
Machovsky
Lukas

This team could make a run for the bronze medal. They'd have a lot of tough competition, but they surprised last year with a weaker roster. I really think they could turn a lot of heads if they selected this roster. They'd have a lot of guys who play against men in the Czech league and a lot of top junior scorers in North America and NHL prospects. Hopefully the coach wakes up and picks a better squad than Doudera and Beranek

Old
12-03-2012, 10:17 PM
RJQuack

Can't wait to see Frk back at the WJCs after last years absence. He and Jaskin will be a deadly wing combo with either Faksa/Hertl...

Sedlak makes a good 3rd line, two way center. Beran is injured ATM.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:19 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Hey guys, Wings fan here. REALLY dissapointed Nedomlel didn't make it, looks like he got screwed. Where do you guys think Frk will play?
They're going to be missing out on a player who, by almost all accounts, should be a top 4 defenseman on this squad, but is being left out because 'the coach doesn't like him'. It's an atrocity however it's not unheard of coming from the Czech Federation. They've left quite a few good players off their teams the past few years due to 'politics' and have suffered the consequences of their actions (no top 4 finishes).

The exclusion of Stransky and Nedomlel were unfortunately expected by many posters who follow the Czech WJC teams. I'm very disappointed that they've been left off this roster because I really want to see what this team can do.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

EDIT: He answered it^^, thanks

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:21 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Can't wait to see Frk back at the WJCs after last years absence. He and Jaskin will be a deadly wing combo with either Faksa/Hertl...

Sedlak makes a good 3rd line, two way center. Beran is injured ATM.
If Beran's healthy he'll be there.

Frk and Jaskin playing with Hertl would be a lot of fun to watch. So much talent and with the size of Jaskin he'd really open up the ice for Frk and Hertl. Faksa is, IMO, more suited to a second line role this year. Hertl is the superior offensive player.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:22 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Is there any chance Nedomlel and Stransky could still make the team?
I guess, but it's extremely unlikely.

Hopefully Czechexpert chimes in. He should be able to answer some of these questions better than I can.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
If Beran's healthy he'll be there.

Frk and Jaskin playing with Hertl would be a lot of fun to watch. So much talent and with the size of Jaskin he'd really open up the ice for Frk and Hertl. Faksa is, IMO, more suited to a second line role this year. Hertl is the superior offensive player.
Good to see he'll likely make it even if injured.. Many PEI Rocket are having break out years, including him.

Jaskin - Hertl - Frk should be hell to play against. Frk isn't afraid to throw his weight around and Jaskin has been dominating the Q so far. All are over 200 pounds... I just hope Frk doesn't lead the tourney in penalty minutes again... But his recent play suggests that we may see a repaeat of the 2011 tournament lol.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Good to see he'll likely make it even if injured.. Many PEI Rocket are having break out years, including him.

Jaskin - Hertl - Frk should be hell to play against. Frk isn't afraid to throw his weight around and Jaskin has been dominating the Q so far. All are over 200 pounds... I just hope Frk doesn't lead the tourney in penalty minutes again... But his recent play suggests that we may see a repaeat of the 2011 tournament lol.
Imagine that line being followed up by:

Stransky-Faksa-Hyka

This team could do some real damage. Stupid coach won't allow that though.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Imagine that line being followed up by:

Stransky-Faksa-Hyka

This team could do some real damage. Stupid coach won't allow that though.
Yeah that's strange, I wonder what's up with the Stransky situation.. Hopefully czechexpert can shed some light on that....

Hyka has been good in my three viewings of him, very good offensive player for the Gatineau system that Groulx normally preaches... and speaking of Gatineau euros, is Reway Slovakian or Czech? His eliteprospects says both lol.