HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Det Blockbuster

Old
12-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
Tor-Det Blockbuster

Just wanted to see if this trade works for both sides.

To

Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
macarthur
1st 2014

Toronto
zetterberg
helm
Cap dump

Detroit gets a number 1 dman as well as a very good 2c, and a top 6 winger, and a 1st. Toronto could put zetterberg on a line with lupul and kessel and helm would be an ideal 3c. I think this deal gives each team what they need. What do all of you think

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Somebody make it stop, please.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
I think it has now become a rule that when you see Blockbuster in the title...its going to be bad.

And it is.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Just wanted to see if this trade works for both sides.

To

Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
macarthur
1st 2014

Toronto
zetterberg
helm
Cap dump

Detroit gets a number 1 dman as well as a very good 2c, and a top 6 winger, and a 1st. Toronto could put zetterberg on a line with lupul and kessel and helm would be an ideal 3c. I think this deal gives each team what they need. What do all of you think
Wings say no to this rather easily. By giving each team what it needs, take a look at what you just did to the Wings center depth....

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:33 AM
rock45

Dude your nuts if you think Detroit would even do that for Zetterberg alone , Henriks, arguably a top 15 player in the league, and you'd need to overpay for him. Which pretty much makes Zettterberg going to Toronto impossible.

rock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:35 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I think it has now become a rule that when you see Blockbuster in the title...its going to be bad.

And it is.
I am curious when was the last time two team captains were traded for each other? Because Zetterberg really is the Captain in Detroit now they will announce that as soon as the lockout lifts.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Wings say no to this rather easily. By giving each team what it needs, take a look at what you just did to the Wings center depth....
wings depth would be datsyuk,grabovski,fillpula dont see how thats bad, sure fillpula isnt an ideal 3c but dont be over dramatic.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:46 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
wings depth would be datsyuk,grabovski,fillpula dont see how thats bad, sure fillpula isnt an ideal 3c but dont be over dramatic.
Sorry that is a big downgrade and while a couple Detroit fans want Filppula back at #3C he is a much more impactful winger. Not too mention I don't think Filppula wants the downgrade in icetime and I am more inclined to list him as the two center even while looking at the three.

Zetterberg isn't in decline and was one of the best forwards in the entire NHL over the backhalf of last year. He is the captain in waiting and very important to the dressing room. You're on to something if you want just Zetterberg, but you also aren't going to protect a draft pick in the deepest draft. Detroit doesn't want to move Zetterberg, they also don't want to move Helm. You're after two very tough targets as far as getting them to the table and there is nothing to really make it happen on the Leafs roster.

Datsyuk is probably more available than Zetterberg for you to consider what you are targeting here.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock45 View Post
Dude your nuts if you think Detroit would even do that for Zetterberg alone , Henriks, arguably a top 15 player in the league, and you'd need to overpay for him. Which pretty much makes Zettterberg going to Toronto impossible.
Ok well lets break it down then just for zetterberg not including helm then. The leafs trade a top 15-20 dman, a 50 point two way center, a 20g 20a winger and a 1st in 2014 for an elite two way 65-80 point winger or center. I think the value going to detroit would be more then enough for zetterberg on his own. Adding helm might have been a stretch but zetterberg alone might not be enough going the other way.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Ok well lets break it down then just for zetterberg not including helm then. The leafs trade a top 15-20 dman, a 50 point two way center, a 20g 20a winger and a 1st in 2014 for an elite two way 65-80 point winger or center. I think the value going to detroit would be more then enough for zetterberg on his own. Adding helm might have been a stretch but zetterberg alone might not be enough going the other way.
MacArthur would probably drop out, but I think the Wings would demand the 2013 pick to even consider this

There is a ton of salary attempting to be shipped too which makes this deal very unrealistic.

Keep in mind Z's cap hit is a very nice 6 million. Phaneuf has a higher cap hit.

Detroit management was unhappy when Grabo got his deal because they think it harmed Filppula's negotiations and the Leafs overpayed. At least that was hinted at in the Detroit papers which also tells you they aren't completely enamored with him.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Sorry that is a big downgrade and while a couple Detroit fans want Filppula back at #3C he is a much more impactful winger. Not too mention I don't think Filppula wants the downgrade in icetime and I am more inclined to list him as the two center even while looking at the three.

Zetterberg isn't in decline and was one of the best forwards in the entire NHL over the backhalf of last year. He is the captain in waiting and very important to the dressing room. You're on to something if you want just Zetterberg, but you also aren't going to protect a draft pick in the deepest draft. Detroit doesn't want to move Zetterberg, they also don't want to move Helm. You're after two very tough targets as far as getting them to the table and there is nothing to really make it happen on the Leafs roster.

Datsyuk is probably more available than Zetterberg for you to consider what you are targeting here.
I know adding helm in a deal for zetterberg would be a very tough sell, what about this

To Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
Macarthur
2nd 2013
cond 2nd 2014 if macarthur doesnt resign

Tor
zetterberg

Old
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Dioned

Quote:
I know adding helm in a deal for zetterberg would be a very tough sell, what about this

To Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
Macarthur
2nd 2013

Tor
zetterberg
Stop. Just... Stop. Please.

Dioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM
wingz rule

Value seems close imo. I wouldn't take the deal though because i don't think highly of Phaneuf's defenseive game at all, Grabovski's a tad overpaid, and tbh with the depth we have at forward, I don't really think we need to strengthen it at the cost of our top end skill.

wingz rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioned View Post
Stop. Just... Stop. Please.
I think your the one that needs to stop the value is there, wether either team does it or not is another question.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
pdd

I have a better one.

Phaneuf
Kulemin

for

Filppula
Quincey
2013 2nd

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
Value seems close imo. I wouldn't take the deal though because i don't think highly of Phaneuf's defenseive game at all, Grabovski's a tad overpaid, and tbh with the depth we have at forward, I don't really think we need to strengthen it at the cost of our top end skill.
Thats fair, I think phaneufs game would climb to another level in detroit with their system but your reasoning is sound thanks for the response.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

To Det
Phaneuf
Grabo
Macarthur
2nd 2013

Tor
zetterberg
In a world without a cap? I don't think the Wings have interest in MacArthur. They would come after Kulemin if they are going that route.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I have a better one.

Phaneuf
Kulemin

for

Filppula
Quincey
2013 2nd
Your deal and mine in the OP are not even comparable, itès nice to see though that the amount of posts from a user on this site isnt an indication of how much hockey knowledege they have.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
In a world without a cap? I don't think the Wings have interest in MacArthur. They would come after Kulemin if they are going that route.
ok so as a wings fan what would you be looking for, because that was one of my reasons for doing this thread, to get input from wings fans.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:09 AM
CanucksCupHopes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I have a better one.

Phaneuf
Kulemin

for

Filppula
Quincey
2013 2nd
Are you high?

CanucksCupHopes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksCupHopes View Post
Are you high?
lol thank you

Old
12-04-2012, 01:15 AM
wingz rule

Quote:
Sure we would take a lot of cap, but it's not like he's giving cap dumps. Think about it Phaneuf would be our second best defensemen, Grabo's a good 2nd line forward and MacArthur is a decent 2/3 liner. I know these players are offered up a lot and the trade might not exactly fill our needs, but the value's close.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:25 AM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz rule View Post
Sure we would take a lot of cap, but it's not like he's giving cap dumps. Think about it Phaneuf would be our second best defensemen, Grabo's a good 2nd line forward and MacArthur is a decent 2/3 liner. I know these players are offered up a lot and the trade might not exactly fill our needs, but the value's close.
Phaneuf would be your best defensemen.

Neither team does this. Even for a player like Zetterberg, I doubt the Leafs would trade Phaneuf. He leaves too big of a hole on the Leafs roster, I'm not saying Phaneuf is the better player, but I'd rather just roll with Bozak-Grabo with a top pairing of Gunnar-Phaneuf than Zetterberg-Bozak with a top pairing of Gunnar-... Um, Franson? Komisarek? It would not be pretty...

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:31 AM
The Red Line

This is a laughably bad trade proposal. One of the worst I've seen in some time, which is saying a lot.

Toronto doesn't have a single player or even a combination of players that would even begin to interest Detroit in moving Z.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
wingz rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Phaneuf would be your best defensemen.
Debatable, I give the edge to him on offense, however i think Kronwall's better defensively. Gunnarsson covered Phaneuf a lot last season.