Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I can see it now, 6 owners, a handful of players sitting in a room. The owners baffle the players with BS and overwhelm them, the players, being uneducated(not referring to scholastically) and far less informed than we have all been led to believe cave.

5-8 years from now, were back here again, with players yakking on about how they got hosed in the last lockout
... even though the average NHL salary again increases nearly $1 million due to the success of the last CBA.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post

No one stupid has ever had a successful career talking about sports........
Two Bob's Gamere and Lobel

Old
12-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
... even though the average NHL salary again increases nearly $1 million due to the success of the last CBA.
Thank you for making my point!

How can anyone, including the players themselves, say that they're getting "hosed?"

Old
12-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Not very nice

Quote:
Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0
And I'm sure more of the players would have education backgrounds but we were to busy making the NHL @Gove85. Now go have fun at work.
IMO that was a very rude response.

Quote:
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano
@BizNasty2point0 Not the response you should give a fan like @Gove85 yes fans have to work. Its how they can afford 2 buy tickets 2 pay u

Old
12-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Not very nice

Nicely done by OOG!

I get angrier at the NHLPA by the day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm angry as heck at the owners as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Not very nice

Guys like Paul Bissonnette thinking they made the NHL is a big reason the old timers get little attention at the bargaining table.

What a stupid thing to say.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Guys like Paul Bissonnette thinking they made the NHL is a big reason the old timers get little attention at the bargaining table.

What a stupid thing to say.
In fairness, I think he meant making it TO the NHL.

He can still go screw as far as I'm concerned.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

McKenzie, about an hour ago:

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Getting a LOT of questions about a Boston-based report suggesting a significant breakthrough/possible deal to end lockout. Here's my take:
Quote:
If I had info to that effect, I'd have reported it. I don't have that info and I didn't report it. I have no knowledge of any breakthrough.
Quote:
As of this moment, I don't believe the lockout is any closer to ending than it was, say, on Sunday. We'll see what happens today in NYC.
Quote:
I try not to be in the business of shooting down someone else's report. I always allow that person may have better info than me. Or not.
Quote:
So, just to be clear, I'm not saying the Boston report is untrue or not accurate. I'm saying I can't get info to support it. That's all.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
In fairness, I think he meant making it TO the NHL.

He can still go screw as far as I'm concerned.
Well that certainly takes away from some of my ire

Now I just don't like him for mocking the working public.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:10 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
I'm not sure Steve could spell "cat" if you spotted him the "c" and the "a".
He'd get frozen wondering where to put the "k".

Old
12-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
He'd get frozen wondering where to put the "k".
If this latest report is wrong, I'll tell him where to put it....

Old
12-04-2012, 08:21 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Bissonette should be more concerned with how he's going to earn a living when he plays himself out of an NHL job before he's 32. I'm surprised someone hasn't knocked his block off on the ice for as mouthy as he is without having done anything in the NHL.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 AM
patty59

Bissonette's a no talent bum. Good for him for being able to pull down 6 figures while being so terrible at his job though.

I know he gets chirped a lot on twitter, but craking jokes about comparing pay stubs with people is BS

Old
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

He's also probably the least informed player of the bunch but one of the most outspoken.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Fenway

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Methinks that JJ is going to backhand slap CJ in the very near future. And I'm not sure that Charlie's opinion matters.
Don't forget it was Charlie that convinced JJ that Sinden and the entire front office had to go.

Charlie will own the Bruins in the future so he has some say.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
Don't forget it was Charlie that convinced JJ that Sinden and the entire front office had to go.

Aside from JJ selling the team, Chalrlie is one of if not the best thing to happen to the Bruins.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:06 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Aside from JJ selling the team, Chalrlie is one of if not the best thing to happen to the Bruins.
If that's true, I'd like some evidence. I'm not doubting that, but if he is doing good things, it would be good to get that out there so he doesn't get lumped together with his Dad's various misdeeds.

I remember a magazine piece from a few years ago now that pretty much ripped him up and down. His public perception hasn't been great.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Burnside and LeBrun (ESPN) discuss Tuesday's owners/players meeting. Some interesting stuff, especially on Penguins owner Ron Burkle:

Quote:
PIERRE LEBRUN: Burkleís inclusion is the key, in my opinion. Hugely successful in his private businesses, the billionaire has a reputation as a deal-maker. Heck, he was once named "Man of the Year" by the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor. He negotiated with unions many times in his business career. How could he not be a benefit to this process? Burkle, Iím told, has strongly wanted to get involved of late and I believe heís going into this meeting with the intent of doing everything he can to close the gap between the sides. And I donít think Jacobs' presence in the room means a newbie like Burkle is going to take any marching orders from him. So I can only take it as a positive that Burkle, with his impressive track record in his real-life business world, is taking a stab at this. Fresh voices are needed in this impasse, thatís clear and obvious. But itís not just new voices that are needed, but rather voices that matter, voices that can make the difference. And I think, in Burkle, thereís a real positive here.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...uld-be-pivotal

Old
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post

There are some eerie parallels between the Jeremy/Charlie Jacobs dynamic and Anakin/Luke Skywalker.

Charlie very much wants to be loved and is trying not to turn to the dark side. He can also come off as very annoying at times.

And I think the NHLPA is like the people of Alderaan. Or is it the 2004-05 season?

Ok, done with spitballing the Star Wars stuff. Back to your regularly scheduled lockout.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Burnside and LeBrun (ESPN) discuss Tuesday's owners/players meeting. Some interesting stuff, especially on Penguins owner Ron Burkle:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...uld-be-pivotal

Well, this is at least something tangible to grasp onto, but who knows if it will amount to anything.

As great as this Bruins team has been as of late, it I almost feel a little sheepish admitting to people that I am a fan of the team because of JJ's role in the negotiations. During the NFL lockout, it was a source of pride to have an owner in Kraft who was able to bring the players and owners closer together. But now we have JJ, after the misery he put this fan base through for years (recent success not withstanding), leading the charge towards another lost season. It really is embarrassing and maddening at the same time. In my opinion, he has already managed to build himself back up into being one of the most vilified figures in Boston sports, even after the team's recent championship.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Well, this is at least something tangible to grasp onto, but who knows if it will amount to anything.

As great as this Bruins team has been as of late, it I almost feel a little sheepish admitting to people that I am a fan of the team because of JJ's role in the negotiations. During the NFL lockout, it was a source of pride to have an owner in Kraft who was able to bring the players and owners closer together. But now we have JJ, after the misery he put this fan base through for years (recent success not withstanding), leading the charge towards another lost season. It really is embarrassing and maddening at the same time. In my opinion, he has already managed to build himself back up into being one of the most vilified figures in Boston sports, even after the team's recent championship.
It is rather impressive how Jacobs has managed to take all the good will he built up in the past couple of years and flush it straight down the toilet. (Except for the owner cheerleaders, that is.)

It's not your fault, though. There's nothing to be sheepish about.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
If Jacobs is the driving force behind cancelling the season, I'm jumping ship to root for the Jets!

Old
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post

Would rather it be a massive player victory like in 1994 which resulted in a decade of suck from the Bruins?

Man, I miss those days.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Would rather it be a massive player victory like in 1994 which resulted in a decade of suck from the Bruins?

Man, I miss those days.
And near bankrupted the NHL... don't forget that one.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
And near bankrupted the NHL... don't forget that one.
I just don't get this... Jacobs is a bad man so I am going to root for the players.

Well, JJ is here to stay (as he has been since 1974) and we saw what a big player victory did to the Bruins (Jacobs voted against the CBA).

But I am sure the player cheerleaders (snicker) sure enjoyed 1994-2004 based on all the revenue people they did not know were generating. Yet the team they spent time cheering for, sucked.

Closed Thread