Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

2013 WJC Russian Roster

Old
12-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Not crazy about Nichuskin's tunnel vision, but he does intrigue me. And he has improved this year. I'd be all right with him on the team.

Regardless he is a big, raw project and this will show if he's placed anywhere but the fourth line.
This sounds familiarly like the assessment of the two Sports Net announcers during the SSS.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
coursy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Well that's just it, Russia's and USSR strength in prior years has always been players who matured early and played in RSL/2nd teams (also vs professionals). I'm talking about Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Afinogenov, Mogilny, Bure and even Bragin year teams (late 70's). If you know the history of these teams, you will know that there was no junior league in Russia before, and nearly all youths played with professionals (for the 2nd teams). And we know that Russians have historically won A LOT of WJC tournaments this way.

The drop came after the 05, which as we know was a disastrous production year for Russian hockey and the severe negligence of the 90's was at fault.

There are a ton of interviews from WJC coaches stating that preference is always given to KHL players for obvious reasons.
you also have to remember the 2011 team should have been ousted in the quarters by finland. that team has 2 players by the names of tarasenko and kuznetsov which are game changers. they put the team on their shoulders much like cherepanov (rip no disrespect) couldnt do, filatov couldnt do.. i just think sometimes they have a chip on their shoulders towards players that go to n.a that is stupid and hurts the team.

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by coursy17 View Post
you also have to remember the 2011 team should have been ousted in the quarters by finland. that team has 2 players by the names of tarasenko and kuznetsov which are game changers. they put the team on their shoulders much like cherepanov (rip no disrespect) couldnt do, filatov couldnt do.. i just think sometimes they have a chip on their shoulders towards players that go to n.a that is stupid and hurts the team.
"should've won IF" - is not an argument in sports. Sorry, but if their teammates didn't score the goals they did and make the plays they did, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko could not have won with a bunch of small kids. You don't really have a point with that argument at all

I'm guessing you don't play hockey on a team? If you did, I doubt you would ever say stuff like that.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Fulcrum

So, Naumenkov injured out of all the people. It's a bad loss, but thankfully this is the 1 year where we have some choices for Defense. I also thought he was one of the toughest guys on the team, so that's kind of bad.

Shenfeld with a lung inflammation and is a 50/50 for the tourny.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:54 AM
MaxV

Quote:
So, Naumenkov injured out of all the people. It's a bad loss, but thankfully this is the 1 year where we have some choices for Defense. I also thought he was one of the toughest guys on the team, so that's kind of bad.

Shenfeld with a lung inflammation and is a 50/50 for the tourny.
Unfortunately, that might open the door for Vasilevskiy.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:07 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
"should've won IF" - is not an argument in sports. Sorry, but if their teammates didn't score the goals they did and make the plays they did, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko could not have won with a bunch of small kids. You don't really have a point with that argument at all

I'm guessing you don't play hockey on a team? If you did, I doubt you would ever say stuff like that.
Kuznetsov and Tarasenko were the reason Russia won that year. Russia had a relatively weak team depth wise IMO that year, but had two outstanding talents that teams could not contain. Of course there were other good players on that team, and the team played well for each other. However, they wern't the most talented Russian junior team overall.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Kuznetsov and Tarasenko were the reason Russia won that year. Russia had a relatively weak team depth wise IMO that year, but had two outstanding talents that teams could not contain. Of course there were other good players on that team, and the team played well for each other. However, they wern't the most talented Russian junior team overall.
Relatively weak depth? Are you serious?? What are you talking about?? That year turned out to be one of the best in the last 5 years, depth wise. Almost all of those guys are regular and good KHL players now. A lot of these guys are candidates for 1st and 2nd NT. They showed how great they were throughout the tournament.

Other than Kuz and Tarasenko,

Orlov - Upcoming NHL Defenseman
Berezin - Solid in Neftekhimik
Pivtsakin - good in Avangard Omsk
Panarin - Probably best Vityaz forward
Burdasov - Solid Power Forward on star studded SKA
Berdnikov - Solid Player in KHL
Zaitsev- Solid Sibir Defense
Kalinin- Solid/ Very Good Avangard Player
Sergeev- Solid CSKA defenseman
Golubev- Good Power forward on a good team - Ak Bars
Bocharov- Solid KHL forward for Yugra
And pretty sure Sobchenko and Urychev were destined to be good players for Lokomotiv, RIP.

Yes, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov were leaders, but who scored the winning goal against Sweden? Who scored the tying goal against Finland? What about Panarin scoring 2 in the finals?

Hockey is a team sport, like I said those 2 leaders couldn't do it without the team.

If you really believe 1 or 2 players can win the whole tournament without a team, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Dawgavins

anyone have a link to the Russian lineup that was just announced for the WJHC 2013?

Dawgavins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgavins View Post
anyone have a link to the Russian lineup that was just announced for the WJHC 2013?
http://fhr.ru/content/news/11831.html

you can google translate it

Old
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
marchbrown

It's also listed at:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1299271

marchbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:10 PM
marchbrown

Also, several camp rosters are here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1300853

marchbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Whats the nature of Naumenkovs injury? He was in the top 3 dmen for sure, definitely a shot to the gut.

On a side note, it seems Koko is finding his game in the K.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
This sounds familiarly like the assessment of the two Sports Net announcers during the SSS.
Maybe they were watching the same games as I.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Relatively weak depth? Are you serious?? What are you talking about?? That year turned out to be one of the best in the last 5 years, depth wise. Almost all of those guys are regular and good KHL players now. A lot of these guys are candidates for 1st and 2nd NT. They showed how great they were throughout the tournament.

Other than Kuz and Tarasenko,

Orlov - Upcoming NHL Defenseman
Berezin - Solid in Neftekhimik
Pivtsakin - good in Avangard Omsk
Panarin - Probably best Vityaz forward
Burdasov - Solid Power Forward on star studded SKA
Berdnikov - Solid Player in KHL
Zaitsev- Solid Sibir Defense
Kalinin- Solid/ Very Good Avangard Player
Sergeev- Solid CSKA defenseman
Golubev- Good Power forward on a good team - Ak Bars
Bocharov- Solid KHL forward for Yugra
And pretty sure Sobchenko and Urychev were destined to be good players for Lokomotiv, RIP.

Yes, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov were leaders, but who scored the winning goal against Sweden? Who scored the tying goal against Finland? What about Panarin scoring 2 in the finals?

Hockey is a team sport, like I said those 2 leaders couldn't do it without the team.

If you really believe 1 or 2 players can win the whole tournament without a team, you have no idea what you're talking about.
He's right. Most of these guys aren't very good. The team won because it had enough stars to carry it and it was also very well coached.

Zaitsev played hurt and was awful.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Well that's just it, Russia's and USSR strength in prior years has always been players who matured early and played in RSL/2nd teams (also vs professionals). I'm talking about Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Afinogenov, Mogilny, Bure and even Bragin year teams (late 70's). If you know the history of these teams, you will know that there was no junior league in Russia before, and nearly all youths played with professionals (for the 2nd teams). And we know that Russians have historically won A LOT of WJC tournaments this way.

The drop came after the 05, which as we know was a disastrous production year for Russian hockey and the severe negligence of the 90's was at fault.

There are a ton of interviews from WJC coaches stating that preference is always given to KHL players for obvious reasons.
I would very much like for Russia to keep its players, but it is not currently happening at a preferable rate. Which is why I draw two conclusions which are unfortunately eluding the biased Russian posters here:

- there are very good players leaving the country to play in the CHL and they deserve fair consideration - keeping them off the rosters will not make the team better

- keeping these players at home is vital, but heaping blame on them for leaving is not productive - players are leaving because Russian hockey clubs provide insufficient incentives for them to stay; cater to the youngsters to stay, provide them with scholarships and they will stay.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:29 PM
MaxV

Quote:
I would very much like for Russia to keep its players, but it is not currently happening at a preferable rate. Which is why I draw two conclusions which are unfortunately eluding the biased Russian posters here:

- there are very good players leaving the country to play in the CHL and they deserve fair consideration - keeping them off the rosters will not make the team better

- keeping these players at home is vital, but heaping blame on them for leaving is not productive - players are leaving because Russian hockey clubs provide insufficient incentives for them to stay; cater to the youngsters to stay, provide them with scholarships and they will stay.
Depends on a situation.

The main reason they are leaving is to improve their NHL draft stock, as that is their ultimate goal.

Now, some of them play for top KHL organizations and they have trouble finding minutes with the main squads. I can maybe understand that reasoning.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
MaxV

BTW, it's true that the 2011 roster wasn't loaded with top prospects, but they showed a TON of chemistry, heart and character.

If this year's team can get together like that, they can be unstoppable, as they have FAR more talent.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Atas2000

Quote:

This is a totally missed shot. The porblem is the image of the NHL as the wordl's best league. What incentives? They are already guaranteeing 4 young players roster spots in the KHL against good reason obviously. I would leave it at 2 at the most. Should KHL teams pay them insane money only to spoil them but to keep them at all costs? There are already precedents. Anton Burdasov left for SKA all because of some insane contract they offered him. He's not worth that money. He would be doing good if he stayed in the system of Traktor. Throwing 'incentives' at the kids won't help it.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
loss of Naumenkov is very bad....

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:15 PM
coursy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Unfortunately, that might open the door for Vasilevskiy.
idk what it is with a.vasilevsky i dont want to put him down but he has looked terrible when ive seen him play? the loss of naumenkov will probably really hurt however he should be "replaced" with tryamkin imo. and with 8 D and the amount of talented forwards they might survive but it definitely hurts the team a lot

Old
12-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Nash

Naumenkov is a big loss. He was probably the best D in the SSS. So many top D going down before the tournament. Canada lost Murray and Sweden lost both Klefbom and Brodin.

Any info on Tryamkin? He's a big kid playing in the KHL and only 18.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Naumenkov is a big loss. He was probably the best D in the SSS. So many top D going down before the tournament. Canada lost Murray and Sweden lost both Klefbom and Brodin.

Any info on Tryamkin? He's a big kid playing in the KHL and only 18.
Tryamkin, Dyakov, Mironov - all play well in the KHL.

Tryamkin with 16:39 ATOI in 20 games so far. He's -4, but on the worst team in the league currently that is -51 accumulated. -4 is the best for D-men with a considerable amount of games played(at least 10) on the team. So overall a bright spot on a very bad team.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Slay

Tryamkin's skating impressed me quite a bit. At 6'7 he doesn't look slowish or out of place to me. Lately he has been logging crazy minutes for 18 years old, but, as was mentioned already, it is on the weakest team in the league.

Slay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post
Tryamkin's skating impressed me quite a bit. At 6'7 he doesn't look slowish or out of place to me. Lately he has been logging crazy minutes for 18 years old, but, as was mentioned already, it is on the weakest team in the league.
He is pretty impressive for a big guy.

I see the defense:

Yarullin-Mironov
Koledov-Nesterov
Sergeyev-Zadorov
Dyakov-Triamkin

I think Triamkin would work well in the pairing with Dyakov, their size difference would compliment. Mironov is responsible enough to handle Yarullin offensive outbursts.

Nesterov would've been perfect with Naumenkov. But with Koledov makes sense. I didn't mind him at SSS. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pick Vasilevski instead.

It also makes sense to put experienced Sergeyev with young Zadorov + similiar CHL expereince.

We'll see how it works out.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:32 PM
coursy17

Quote:
He is pretty impressive for a big guy.

I see the defense:

Yarullin-Mironov
Koledov-Nesterov
Sergeyev-Zadorov
Dyakov-Triamkin

I think Triamkin would work well in the pairing with Dyakov, their size difference would compliment. Mironov is responsible enough to handle Yarullin offensive outbursts.

Nesterov would've been perfect with Naumenkov. But with Koledov makes sense. I didn't mind him at SSS. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pick Vasilevski instead.

It also makes sense to put experienced Sergeyev with young Zadorov + similiar CHL expereince.

We'll see how it works out.
koledov over dyablenko?