HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Wild future vs. Oilers future

Old
12-04-2012, 02:16 AM
TNigs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Lander = Larsson
Really?

TNigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Brilliant question, actually.

As an Oilers fan, I'm partial to a certain copper and blue pipeline, but even more importantly, you have to look at the supporting cast.
In Minnesota, it's Koivu, Heatley, Suter, Parise.
In Edmonton, it's... Scorecoff and Ga8ner and Smid/Petry.

Needless to say, it's better in Minny. Hence, in terms of immediate future, it's Minnesota, and, unfortunately, INEC.
Edmonton offence > Minny offence
Edmonton D <<< Minny D
Edmonton G <<< Minny G
Edmonton depthy <<< Minny Depth

Through 7 years though, I like my chances with EDM.
E O >> Minny O
Edmonton D > = Minny D
Edmonton G = < Minny G
Edmonton depth > = Minny Depth.

not too shabby. Both teams have a sparkling future ahead, if all plays well. And after years of mediocrity in the case of Minny, and all out suckage on the home front, its deserved.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:28 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
The Wild's future has way more uncertainty. Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Dumba, Larsson, etc.. are just prospects right now.
Though if the NHL was going on three of them would be in the NHL. Right now the consensus is that Coyle is definitely ready and his game is more suited to the NHL. Brodin and Granlund both have shown to have adapted easily to the AHL game,

Quote:
Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle have already established themselves as top caliber players.
That's a stretch to say at least. Eberle sure. But RNH needs more than one season in the NHL to be a top caliber player and Hall needs to stay healthy. Not to mention Hall hasn't hit 60 points yet (though he hit 27 goals). I wouldn't say a top caliber player for Hall, but he is an up and coming player.

Quote:
For the sake of comparison in the future;
Klefbom < Brodin
Until Klefbom stays healthy and can show his game adapts, Brodin is ahead of him at this point. Brodin has played more games in the Eliteseries in the SEL and didn't miss the WC.

Quote:
Nugent-Hopkins < Koivu
Tell me when RNH becomes an elite two-way center in the NHL that has good defensive skills.

Quote:
Eberle < Parise
Until Eberle shows he can replicate his season in the NHL (AHL doesn't count), Parise will be ahead of him.

Quote:
I just think the Oilers core is far more of a sure thing, and I don't exactly agree with the depth statements being thrown around.
Oilers depth is still up in the air;

As for depth

Goaltenders for Minnesota:
Hackett
Kuemper
Gustaffson
Michalek

Goaltenders for Edmonton:
Tyler Bunz
Olivier Roy
Samu Perhonen
Frans Tuohimaa

Goaltenders: Minnesota easily

Minnesota Right Wing:
Brett Bulmer
Jystin Fontain
Carson McMillian

Edmonton Right Wing:
Nail Yakupov
Tobias Rieder
Kristians Pelss
Antti Tyrvaninen
Toni Rajala
John McCarron
Mark Arcobello
Cameron Abney

Right Wing: Edmonton due to Yakupov

Minnesota Left Wing:
Mario Lucia
Erik Haula
Jason Zucker
Kristopher Foucault
Raphael Bussieres
Louis Nanne

Edmonton Left Wing:
Daniil Zharkov
Teemu Hartikainen
Jujhar Khaira
Curtis Hamilton
Mitchell Moroz
Kellen Jones
Phillippe Cornet

Left Wing: Minnesota (I like Hartikainen but Zucker, Haula, Bussieres, and even Lucia make it easy)

Minnesota Centers:
Mikael Granlund
Charlie Coyle
Zack Phillips
Johan Larsson
Jarold Palmer
Cody Almond
Joel Broda
Adam Gilmour
Christoph Bertschy
Tyler Graovac
David McIntyre
Anthony Hamburg

Edmonton Centers:
Tyler Pitlick
Ryan Martindale
Anton Lander
Chris Vande Velde
Travis Ewanyk
Tanner House

Centers: Minnesota

Minnesota Defense:
Jonas Brodin
Mathew Dumba
Tyler Cuma
Chay Genoway
John Draeger
Steven Kampfer
Nick Seeler
Kyle Medvec
Daniel Gunnarsson
Bjorn Krupp
Colton Bojke
Josh Caron

Edmonton Defense:
Justin Schultz
Oscar Klefbom
Martin Marincin
David Musil
Martin Gernat
Dillon Simpson
Alex Plante
Kyle Bigos
Brandon Davidson
Colten Teubert
Joey Laleggia
Taylor Fedun
Erick Gustafsson

Defense: Tie (Brodin and Schultz both grade out as top defensemen. Klefbom and Dumba could be top 4 defensemen. Cuma still shows promise and Marincin is still a project. Musil is unknown as is Kampfer (who has shown some promise). The rest are simply depth)

NHL Players Under 25:

Minnesota Wild:
Cal Clutterbuck
Justin Falk
Marco Scandella
Devin Setoguchi
Jared Spurgeon
Clayton Stoner

Edmonton Oilers:
Jordan Eberle
Sam Gagner
Taylor Hall
Magnus Paajarvi
Theo Peckham
Jeff Petry

Under 25: Edmonton has better guys on forward, Minnesota better at defense.

Minnesota has better goaltending, left wing and center prospects

Edmonton has better right wing prospects and already NHL established players

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
Really?
... You're bringing up the minor comparison of them all? You honestly think Larsson is the superior prospect to Lander? (That's what I'm assuming, at least)

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Though if the NHL was going on three of them would be in the NHL. Right now the consensus is that Coyle is definitely ready and his game is more suited to the NHL. Brodin and Granlund both have shown to have adapted easily to the AHL game,

That's a stretch to say at least. Eberle sure. But RNH needs more than one season in the NHL to be a top caliber player and Hall needs to stay healthy. Not to mention Hall hasn't hit 60 points yet (though he hit 27 goals). I wouldn't say a top caliber player for Hall, but he is an up and coming player.

Until Klefbom stays healthy and can show his game adapts, Brodin is ahead of him at this point. Brodin has played more games in the Eliteseries in the SEL and didn't miss the WC.

Tell me when RNH becomes an elite two-way center in the NHL that has good defensive skills.

Until Eberle shows he can replicate his season in the NHL (AHL doesn't count), Parise will be ahead of him.

Oilers depth is still up in the air;

As for depth

Goaltenders for Minnesota:
Hackett
Kuemper
Gustaffson
Michalek

Goaltenders for Edmonton:
Tyler Bunz
Olivier Roy
Samu Perhonen
Frans Tuohimaa

Goaltenders: Minnesota easily

Minnesota Right Wing:
Brett Bulmer
Jystin Fontain
Carson McMillian

Edmonton Right Wing:
Nail Yakupov
Tobias Rieder
Kristians Pelss
Antti Tyrvaninen
Toni Rajala
John McCarron
Mark Arcobello
Cameron Abney

Right Wing: Edmonton due to Yakupov

Minnesota Left Wing:
Mario Lucia
Erik Haula
Jason Zucker
Kristopher Foucault
Raphael Bussieres
Louis Nanne

Edmonton Left Wing:
Daniil Zharkov
Teemu Hartikainen
Jujhar Khaira
Curtis Hamilton
Mitchell Moroz
Kellen Jones
Phillippe Cornet

Left Wing: Minnesota (I like Hartikainen but Zucker, Haula, Bussieres, and even Lucia make it easy)

Minnesota Centers:
Mikael Granlund
Charlie Coyle
Zack Phillips
Johan Larsson
Jarold Palmer
Cody Almond
Joel Broda
Adam Gilmour
Christoph Bertschy
Tyler Graovac
David McIntyre
Anthony Hamburg

Edmonton Centers:
Tyler Pitlick
Ryan Martindale
Anton Lander
Chris Vande Velde
Travis Ewanyk
Tanner House

Centers: Minnesota

Minnesota Defense:
Jonas Brodin
Mathew Dumba
Tyler Cuma
Chay Genoway
John Draeger
Steven Kampfer
Nick Seeler
Kyle Medvec
Daniel Gunnarsson
Bjorn Krupp
Colton Bojke
Josh Caron

Edmonton Defense:
Justin Schultz
Oscar Klefbom
Martin Marincin
David Musil
Martin Gernat
Dillon Simpson
Alex Plante
Kyle Bigos
Brandon Davidson
Colten Teubert
Joey Laleggia
Taylor Fedun
Erick Gustafsson

Defense: Tie (Brodin and Schultz both grade out as top defensemen. Klefbom and Dumba could be top 4 defensemen. Cuma still shows promise and Marincin is still a project. Musil is unknown as is Kampfer (who has shown some promise). The rest are simply depth)

NHL Players Under 25:

Minnesota Wild:
Cal Clutterbuck
Justin Falk
Marco Scandella
Devin Setoguchi
Jared Spurgeon
Clayton Stoner

Edmonton Oilers:
Jordan Eberle
Sam Gagner
Taylor Hall
Magnus Paajarvi
Theo Peckham
Jeff Petry

Under 25: Edmonton has better guys on forward, Minnesota better at defense.

Minnesota has better goaltending, left wing and center prospects

Edmonton has better right wing prospects and already NHL established players
That's like me saying "Until Brodin can put on some weight and take a hit at the pro level." Hall absolutely clobbered him and he's out with a broken collerbone. Klefbom has proven he's not at all anywhere behind Brodin in developement. We've already been through it before in previous threads where a Swedish poster has denied any comments about Brodin being a step ahead Klefbom.

And my rankings of RNH, and Eberle are based off of how I think not just me, but most people see it playing out so saying "tell me when" blah blah blah is kind of irrelevent considering they probably will do what you were referring to. I don't think Eberle even needs to have another great season before we consider him a star because everywhere he has gone he just flat out dominates. Hall needs to stay healthy, yea, but his PPG shows that he is a top caliber player when he's playing.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:54 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Hall absolutely clobbered him and he's out with a broken collerbone.
OR! Hall charged Brodin and broke his collarbone awkwardly falling down.

Quote:
Klefbom has proven he's not at all anywhere behind Brodin in developement. We've already been through it before in previous threads where a Swedish poster has denied any comments about Brodin being a step ahead Klefbom.
Great. And when Cuma was a prospect, he was talked about as a high end defenseman as well. But Cuma had injury problems that derailed his career and he's finally coming back to form. Klefbom has shown he has an injury history that should be of some concern for his development.

The problem with Brodin is how do you measure a prospect that has already achieved so much? Klefbom was much, much more of a project than Brodin coming into the draft season, so he had so much more to gain that season. Brodin played in 20 more games in the SEL and in the WC. To me that proves a lot more than Klefbom. Hell Brodin jumped over to the AHL and stayed there. Why didn't Klefbom?

At this point in the stage Minnesota and Edmonton are two organizations heading in different paths; Minnesota is using FA to grab top end players and using the draft to fill out the rest. Edmonton is using the draft to grab top end players and using FA to grab depth players. Either strategy is fine.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:58 AM
mkoivu9*

Quote:
Klefbom has proven he's not at all anywhere behind Brodin in developement. We've already been through it before in previous threads where a Swedish poster has denied any comments about Brodin being a step ahead Klefbom.
Good source you have there.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:59 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

The biggest thing that I have concern about with Klefbom is that he's out for the entire year. How is he going to continue developing if he's out for a year?

Old
12-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:

Great. And when Cuma was a prospect, he was talked about as a high end defenseman as well. But Cuma had injury problems that derailed his career and he's finally coming back to form. Klefbom has shown he has an injury history that should be of some concern for his development.

The problem with Brodin is how do you measure a prospect that has already achieved so much? Klefbom was much, much more of a project than Brodin coming into the draft season, so he had so much more to gain that season. Brodin played in 20 more games in the SEL and in the WC. To me that proves a lot more than Klefbom. Hell Brodin jumped over to the AHL and stayed there. Why didn't Klefbom?

At this point in the stage Minnesota and Edmonton are two organizations heading in different paths; Minnesota is using FA to grab top end players and using the draft to fill out the rest. Edmonton is using the draft to grab top end players and using FA to grab depth players. Either strategy is fine.
Awkwardly falling down? You can't be serious... it was broken on impact. And charging? Debateable.

When has Klefbom been injured aside from his recent shoulder injury? I haven't heard of any other kind of injury he's suffered from in the past.. if it's only this one I'm not sure how you can say he's had injury problems, yet Brodin hasn't...

BTW, it's not like Klefbom couldn't have played in the AHL this year.. he's under contract in the SEL still. Klefbom was a project who has rapidly developed into a defenseman who will very likely be in the NHL 2 years after being drafted. That just tells you all you need to know right there.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
What a Farjestad fan who has no bias at all when discussing the two of them isn't a good source? Go search for youself if you're in denial I don't need to prove myself, really.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
The biggest thing that I have concern about with Klefbom is that he's out for the entire year. How is he going to continue developing if he's out for a year?
Another way to look at it is he'll have plenty of time to train and get even bigger and stronger for the NHL. He's coming over next year no matter what. He can start in the AHL if he really does need it.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:17 AM
franfrey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
There were two (non-Oiler fans) Farjestad fans who posted regularly on the Oilers board to give us some updates on his progress this year. One in particular was a sports reporter.
This is what he had to say about Klefbom right before his injury:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post
Just as SouthSwe, I'm watching all of the games Farjestad plays and i can only agree with all the praise he is giving Klefbom. Oscar has been a force so far this season. His pokechecks are just awesome and it seems impossible for the opposing forwards to get past him.

The biggest difference this year compared to last season is that he's a lot more physical, using his big body to shield the puck and and also to push the opposing forwards around. He's also a lot calmer with the puck, always making smart decisions and great passes. It seems like he is reading the play faster than everyone else on the ice and he's always a step ahead.

Brodin really made an outstanding season for us last year and is the best young player we have had in years, until now. The start Klefbom have had of this season is in my mind better than what Brodin performed last year. If he continues to play like this, he really should be a regular in the national team, and that is also something that the coach for Team Sweden has been mentioning.

On top of all of his skills on the ice he really is one of the nicest guys I have met in the business. I work as a hockey reporter and have been doing a lot of interviews with Oscar and he's just genuinely nice. He could talk for hours and always takes time to answer all of your questions. A class act indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post
Klefbom just keeps dominating. He was our best defender once again tonight and his defensive play is just awesome. He has an amazing accuracy in his pokechecks and he's also winning all the puck battles along the boards.

For those of you who wondered what the announcers said. They praised him the whole game and during the second intermission he was named the defenceman of the week in whole SEL. The swedish broadcasters are picking a team of the week every week the entire season to get the team of the season by the end of the season. Klefbom is right now one of the two defenders in the league that has gotten most votes so far this year.

21.42 was Klefbom's icetime tonight. He aslo had three shots, two of them on goal and was very close to score the game winning goal in overtime. We later won the game on penalties anyways and with Klefbom as our best player we have now won five of the last six games.
I'd say he's a pretty good source of information.

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
The Wild's future has way more uncertainty. Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Dumba, Larsson, etc.. are just prospects right now. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle have already established themselves as top caliber players. Yakupov is likely to do so considering most 1st overall picks these days don't flop.

If Minnesota's prospects develop like we all project them too, that team will be a force. Especially considering Parise, Suter and Koivu will be there along with them.

Yakupov > Granlund
Schultz > Dumba
Klefbom = Brodin
Hartikainen < Coyle
Lander = Larsson

Nugent-Hopkins > Koivu
Eberle = Parise

Then the Wild have Suter, we have Hall. Can't exactly compare them.

I just think the Oilers core is far more of a sure thing, and I don't exactly agree with the depth statements being thrown around.
Larsson is a much more skilled player than Lander. I'd take Larsson if the Wild offered him to us for Lander. I'm not sure that he's a good bet to be an NHLer, but he seems closer than Lander at the moment IMO.

IMO the only reason this is close is because Minnesota had the luxury of having a guy like Koivu to start with and then added Parise and Suter. Those 3 + their solid prospect depth makes it an intriguing matchup longer term.

The Wild fans that think that just because their farm team has our farm teams number means that they have better prospects are patting themselves a little too hard on the back IMO.

Klefbom is in the same tier of prospect as Brodin. Then we've got a guy like Yakupov who isn't playing over here. Add to that that our defense is terrible which hurts our forwards and helps theirs. Klefbom, Musil, Gernat, Davidson, etc. aren't able to step in right now to help out. So what you are seeing is a guy like Teubert who most thought could become a 3rd pairing physical D at best, Plante who most had written off 1-2 years ago, and Fedun who has lost a step thanks to a former Wild players boneheaded play.

I don't care how good of forwards you have, if you have crap on D it's going to hurt your team. Having guys like Smid, Petry, and N. Schultz at the next level as well as J. Schultz will make a big difference for our forwards.

12-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
That's pretty rich considering that Brodin is hurt and was hurt because he put himself in jeopardy by not committing on the play quick enough and then putting himself in a vulnerable position instead of letting Hall get to the puck and then trying to poke it away.

Quote:

Klefbom was named the top D at the WJC's IIRC, not Brodin. Klefbom is the bigger of the two players and more well built for the North American game.

Also, I wasn't aware that Justin Schultz was a depth player. Just because your team had a perfect storm where the two top UFA's wanted to sign there doesn't mean that it'll always be like that.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

Imo it all depends on Parise and if he can keep up for quite a few more years, but I have a feeling he may drop off sooner rather than later, hope I'm wrong though because I really like him.

Kesler2Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:42 AM
thomast

I have seen both Brodin and Klefbom many times and there is no doubt that Brodin is ahead of him. Brodin was on WC team and got praised by NHL stars and Brodin was better than some NHL-defenders. This is my unbiased view. I think that there is notable gap in favour of Brodin.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:48 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
... You're bringing up the minor comparison of them all? You honestly think Larsson is the superior prospect to Lander? (That's what I'm assuming, at least)
He is.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
MoreGore

I would take Minnesota. Edmonton does not have the depth to compete just yet, nor the veteran leadership.

Look at the Barons. They are stacked with super talent but still are not owning in the AHL. RNH, Hall, Eberle and Schultz can't win by themselves in the AHL.

Edmonton should trade a core guy to fill out their roster with character players and/or size. They also need to complete the package with a solid goalie.

Minnesota has great talent and depth, similar to Boston

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Players becomming UFAs in their prime happens all the time. A kid getting drafted, working his way up to top-prospect status and then signing with another team is extremely rare. Not to say either one isn't fair(maybe for Anaheim), but the latter is definitely more flukey.
So from the perspective we are speaking you think a team that signs a UFA who has 27 other teams bidding on him is flukey?!?!

Or perhaps it was just a perfect match for him and the overtures made by Oilers past & present, including (by all accounts) an inspiring appeal from the head coach and future captain (Hall), sealed the deal?

Instead of blaming luck, look up "tried harder".

And by the way, in my books finishing dead last or next to dead last has little to do with fluke. It has to do with (being forced to) trading away present talent for futures (Pronger). While at the same time screwing up some important hockey trades (see Lupul --> Pitkanen --> Cole --> O'Sullivan... nothing).

That "fluke" was a pretty dark and painful period.

In contrast, I think a team might be more likely to say they 'lucked out' if they ended up with a Messier, Anderson, Kurri, Datsyuk, or Zetterberg with their later round picks... or would they?

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Having two of the top Free Agents wanting to come home helps doesn't it?

I'm not denying Minnesota's drafting hasn't been great, but really. These two star players picked to sign with you. Without Parise and Suter your team looks a LOT different, now and in future.
Without those prospects, Praise and Suter don't come back to Minnesota. Both said that Fletcher was able to sell them on the Farm system and the ability to compete for a long time.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Tell that to Cup winning teams. LA, Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit, you keep going down the list; all of them had vets and depth that got it done.

You can pick it up eventually with their offensive firepower to come, I understand that, but the Oilers will need to completely overhaul the way they look for depth, and I'm not sure this management is capable of finishing the team's makeup with the right pieces that make the difference between an offensive powerhouse and cup winner.
I agree that depth is a necessary to win a Cup. I just think that acquiring it is the relatively easy part of building a championship team.

LA, Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Detroit could have all the depth in the world but without Kopitar/Doughty, Bergeron/Chara, Crosby/Malkin, and Datsuyk/Zetterberg/ Lidstrom they aren't going anywhere.

If given the choice, I'd much rather start off in Steve Tambellini's position than Chuck Fletcher's.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
The Wild's future has way more uncertainty. Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Dumba, Larsson, etc.. are just prospects right now. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle have already established themselves as top caliber players. Yakupov is likely to do so considering most 1st overall picks these days don't flop.

If Minnesota's prospects develop like we all project them too, that team will be a force. Especially considering Parise, Suter and Koivu will be there along with them.

Yakupov > Granlund
Schultz > Dumba
Klefbom = Brodin
Hartikainen < Coyle
Lander = Larsson

Nugent-Hopkins > Koivu
Eberle = Parise

Then the Wild have Suter, we have Hall. Can't exactly compare them.

I think you are being a bit too generous towards Edmonton with these comparisons.

I don't know how you can say Nugent-Hopkins is better than Koivu, considering what Koivu has already proven. He has averaged over .856 PPG over the past 4 years while playing elite 2-way hockey. At best I'd call them equal, only because of RNH's upside, but at this point I don't see how you can say he is or will be a better player.

Eberle=Parise is a bit of a stretch as well. Eberle had a great year last year. Statistically better than Parise. But Parise has already put up over a PPG twice in his career, including a 94 point season 4 years ago. He's only 28 so I don't see his game starting to decline for at least another 4 or 5 years. While Eberle is still extremely young and should continue to improve, I don't think he has proven enough yet to warrant being put on par with Parise.

This leads me to Schultz>Dumba. Right now I would agree, although going by your listings of RNH>Koivu and Eberle=Parise, shouldn't you have listed Schultz=Dumba? Considering Dumba was just drafted and is 4 years younger than Schultz. His upside is higher than Schultz's upside(similar offensive potential, much more of a physical game). I just think if you are basing your comparisons on potential and how these guys are projected to develop, how can you list Schultz as being better than Dumba? It's inconsistent, IMO.

BTW, regardless of whether or not Brodin is equal to or a better prospect than Klefbom, I wouldn't base my opinion on an HF poster. Even if he/she is Swedish.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Larsson is the superior prospect. Better SEL stats, Better AHL stats, year younger. Lander has one point this season.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Given that our prospect depth is as good if not better than Edmonton given where they picked, then yes. It's easy to pick in the top 5. Gets harder in the top 10.
Not if you include Hopkins, Hall, Eberle it isnt. Nice try though. Those players are proven producers in the nhl. What "Wild" prospects can you say that about?

Dont count your chickens son.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I think the Wild have a better mix of veteran leaders (Koivu, Parise, Suter) and young talent than the Oilers do, which is heavy on the latter but lacking heavily in the former.
This. I am an OIlers' fan, but the veteran core of Backstrom, Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter +Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Dumba, Brodin etc is a better group to go froward with.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote