HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

IF we get new uniforms - What would you like them to look like?

Old
12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Problem with red is it is such a good color to base merchandising off. Look at what the Dbacks did, they changed from purple to red because purple in my opinion sucks, and I wouldn't find myself buying a purple jersey, red matches better with clothes. I am pretty sure the Dbacks did a study as to what colors sell the best, and that's why so many teams have red, because it sells better.
The Dbacs unis look way too much like several other MLB teams. I hate their colors too. You put some games on and it takes a few seconds to figure out which team is which. Take the purple out and the old Yotes colors looks really good imo. You could even change the green to tan or a dark turquoise. You could wear the current jerseys to a Cardinals game and people would barely notice. We need something of our own. Right now people in AZ think we are copying the Cardinals and everyone else in the NHL think we are copying the Red Wings.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Haha. I honestly believed the Raptors had been relocated years ago. No clue they were still in Toronto. No clue they had ditched the dinosaur or dropped the purple. Still, I don't think the logos look much alike, anyway. It's like saying the Coyote head looks too much like the bear head on the old bruins alternates.

Last edited by rt: 12-02-2012 at 11:17 AM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
XX
... Waiting

To me, there's kind of a disconnect between the logo and the colors. It's like "oh... a red jersey... with a coyote head." How special. I really like the Sharks' jerseys, for instance, because the whole theme sort of fits together. Dallas has a good thing going with their colors and font. The Coyotes are a team with little history, even less worth remembering. Embrace the funk. The Southwest style jerseys could have been more refined, but something about the pattern and crazy logo really fit. It was a distinct look.

I'd rate the home red bottom 5 in the league, easily. That's out of 60+ jerseys. The road whites look really nice, because they aren't quite as boring. A major overhaul is needed and will likely be a good source of new revenue, as well as an opportunity for Jamison to put his stamp on the team.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:29 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yeah, I hate the home reds. Not so much as a jersey but as a whole uniform. It looks like pajamas like a big red children's onesy. Block o' red. They look terrible on the players.

The whites I think look really good. The shoulders break it up a bit, and of course the pants are a different color.

I guess I'm just not a fan of cartoon animal head logos. They look pretty juvenile to me and I don't associate they with success. When I think of great teams, across all leagues, I never come up with a goofy animal head logo. Oilers, Islanders, Habs, Red Wings, Devils, Avalanche and none with a silly cartoon predatory mammal of one kind or another. The NBA has the Bulls as the exception, and that logo is particularly horrendous. The Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, etc. though, don't have one. I don't know anything about the NFL but I generally think of the Jets, Niners, Boys, Packers, and Pats as great teams across history. I don't think any team in the MLB has an animal head. I can't think of a single one. I guess because they aren't supposed to come off as "aggressive" like hockey teams.

I really do love the name "Arizona Coyotes" but I'd like to the the Coyotes aspect be a little bit more implicit and much less overt. That's my problem with the primary logos we've had so far. They are unmercifully overt. Right on the nose.

The moon logo and the paw logo are not. They certainly are associated with the name and market but they don't smack you right across the face.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I wouldn't find myself buying a purple jersey, red matches better with clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
You got a point. They put green or purple in the uniform count me out. Barney wears those colors, not me.
Now we know who the metrosexuals are on this board.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ meh. I'm mostly with them. I might wear an old gray pinstriped purple and team DBacks jersey, but no way in Hell I'd wear a kachina Yotes jersey. I bout one of the white out jersies last playoffs. It's white black grey and red.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Ted Mosby

I've grown to like the Coyotes head logo, so I'd prefer to keep it. But, I've never been a fan of the current thirds, except the colors. An easy fix could be to swap out the home reds with the colors of the 3rd.

I think our room for creativity and a 'rebranding' to the Arizona Coyotes comes with a new 3rd jersey especially. I like the old Kachina, but can only think of only 3 teams (Buffalo, LA, Pittsburgh) that have brought back an old logo long-term, so a major incorporation of the Kachina logo could be unlikely. I agree with most, I'd like to see a subtle southwestern design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coyotes.jpg‎ (24.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Ted Mosby: 12-02-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Ted Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ meh. I'm mostly with them. I might wear an old gray pinstriped purple and team DBacks jersey, but no way in Hell I'd wear a kachina Yotes jersey.
Your jersey doesn't HAVE to match your purse ya know.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:46 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
ROFL. You don't think about how something looks on you?

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Maybe literally the moment I'm putting something on but that's about it and certainly not when conceptualizing possible hockey jersey redesigns. Then again no one would ever confuse me for a snappy dresser either. haha

Old
12-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
and I wouldn't find myself buying a purple jersey, red matches better with clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
You got a point. They put green or purple in the uniform count me out. Barney wears those colors, not me.
Quote:
Now we know who the metrosexuals are on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ meh. I'm mostly with them. I might wear an old gray pinstriped purple and team DBacks jersey, but no way in Hell I'd wear a kachina Yotes jersey. I bout one of the white out jersies last playoffs. It's white black grey and red.
Quote:

I guess it is safe to say that no matter what jersey the team comes up with in the future, not everyone is going to be happy with it.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
awfulwaffle

Magic beat the Lakers. BOOM ROASTED!

Old
12-03-2012, 02:37 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
The only acceptable place to wear a jersey is at an event related to the Coyotes. So no, you shouldn't worry about it too much.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:45 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The only acceptable place to wear a jersey is at an event related to the Coyotes. So no, you shouldn't worry about it too much.
I'll sport my Dolphins jersey at random!

Old
12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

All fashionista talk aside, it sounds like so far the consensus would be some sort of jersey that incorporates a southwest theme but does so subtly.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
I'll sport my Dolphins jersey at random!
I'll rock my current Yandle away jersey at random in New Mexico, or Ohio, or whichever the hell state i'm currently living in at that givin time. And I'm a male who prides himself in looking good at all times in public. Jerseys are acceptable almost anytime.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:27 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
The Dbacs unis look way too much like several other MLB teams. I hate their colors too. You put some games on and it takes a few seconds to figure out which team is which. Take the purple out and the old Yotes colors looks really good imo. You could even change the green to tan or a dark turquoise. You could wear the current jerseys to a Cardinals game and people would barely notice. We need something of our own. Right now people in AZ think we are copying the Cardinals and everyone else in the NHL think we are copying the Red Wings.
The first time I saw the current uni I thought we were going that route to hide all the damn Red Wings fans when they come to our games, and I am in Arizona, so not all Coyotes fans in AZ or all people in AZ think we're copying the Cards even if many perhaps do.

To hear out-of staters cramp about us, they should change the name to the "Glendale Budget Busters" - maybe use a Budgie bird design as our mascot & in our logo.

try it out... "Let's Go Buh-gies!"

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I know it's hard to use the imagination when they look this awful, but after three minutes in MSPAINT I've added a third color for those opposed to the two tone uniforms...

...any better looking (you know, if they were actually done correctly) to those of you who hate the two-tone look?

Maybe even go with black as the primary color on the pants (or is that to Blackhawks?)

Old
12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
I'll rock my current Yandle away jersey at random in New Mexico, or Ohio, or whichever the hell state i'm currently living in at that givin time. And I'm a male who prides himself in looking good at all times in public. Jerseys are acceptable almost anytime.
Would you wear this jersey too?

Old
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Ted Mosby

I like the paw logo, but I think you have to keep it on the shoulder. To me it's wasted space to use the whole front on such a simplistic logo.

Ted Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
I like the paw logo, but I think you have to keep it on the shoulder. To me it's wasted space to use the whole front on such a simplistic logo.
And me, I really dislike logos that are too detailed. haha. This is why focus groups never work.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Would you wear this jersey too?

Hey, my daughter has that jersey! She loves it. Has Doan's and a few other autographs on the back, which bummed her out a little bit because now I won't let her wear it to hockey class.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
mitch27

rt those jerseys are awesome aside from the logo. I'm with Ted, keep it as a shoulder logo.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I agree. With a different logo, those are among the sharpest in the league.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Hey, my daughter has that jersey! She loves it. Has Doan's and a few other autographs on the back, which bummed her out a little bit because now I won't let her wear it to hockey class.
Awesome! I personally I would never buy a pink jersey of any kind though for anyone seeing how those jerseys reek of a stigma that I can't say on here.