HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autumn Thunder: Child's Play 16 - The Revenge of Chucky Batch

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Fuzzy Bunny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
Big time OSU fan here, feel they should easily be number 2 this year. Pisses me off with the sanctions..Notre Dame might be the worst number 1 team in the history of college football.

About the block, I didn't see it and for some reason on here its not letting me, but I bet its a fantastic one that should be celebrated, not one that is gonna make coach chew you out for. The NFL and college football are just this way nowadays. You hit somebody too hard and they stay down, theres a 99 percent chance of a flag and its just ridicilous. Football is a tough game to play. If your Wes Welker and you go over the middle of the field, be prepared to be lit up by Ryan Clark. But no, the NFL protects him and all the midget receivers they have so anybody can do it now.

You want to watch football, go to a high school game here in Western PA. FANTASTIC. It's my favorite sport. They let stuff go. They can hit the qb, they can make big blocks, big hits.. its football at it's truest form.
It will be in a Year in Review montage on SC. Very big block coming back on the play. Shoulder lowered to the chest explosion. Beautiful.

I played DE and OLB in High School football and I was lit up once on a block like that (obviously not as massive, but still) and I got up and knew that it was my fault for not keeping my eyes open but at the same time there are moments where a great block is a great block and you just are not going to see it coming in time. I wouldn't be looking for a penalty flag and I doubt the guy that got jack'd up in the video would either.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:15 AM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
I hate where football is going when this is now a penalized hit.

One of the top 5 blocks I've ever seen.
I love the way body moves after the block in very slow motion - starts at 0:55. Almost like Matrix.

Just absolutely crushing hit but definitely one of cleanest blocks I've ever seen.

Last edited by sniugneP: 12-04-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old
12-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Sivek

There's no way Ohio State would be ranked 1 or 2. They played a much easier schedule than both Notre Dame and Alabama. Their best win would the 3rd best team (maybe) on ND's schedule and 4th (maybe) on Alabama's.

Notre Dame's schedule isn't close to being as weak as people think it is. They beat two top ten teams in Stanford and Okalahoma (road) plus beating a bunch of common opponents with Ohio State.

There's no way Ohio State would be ranked ahead of them. The Big 10 has been down for years and this year was probably the worst year for the league that I can remember. There's literally no argument to place them above either ND or Alabama.

There's also no use for any Ohio State fan to complain about NCAA rules considering the NCAA let a number of suspensions wait until the next season a couple of years ago so some guys could play in a BCS bowl they would of lost without them.

Last edited by Sivek: 12-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old
12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I know nobody likes OSU here but a select few, but I'm dying to know what you guys think about the AP ratings? Any other year, OSU would be #1 or #2. Any other year. This really bothers me, and not just because I'm a fan, but because this game is rigged out of it's mind and they get away with it. I was pissed off for years that Boise State didn't get a chance and now this is just to make sure the game doesn't have any question marks.

It's almost as if all these people who make huge money off CFB deliberately go out and steal money out of the pockets of fans and get away with it. They even advertise it and yet nobody will say a thing.

What are your thoughts on this?
Despite going UNDEFEATED, OSU is essentially being disrespected from the media around the country. Braxton being snubbed from going to NYC, Shazier being snubbed LB of the year (Big Ten), and just plain disrespect. They are the #1 team in the country over Notre Dame. We went to OT with Purdue ok, but ND went to three OT's with PITT and should have lost that game if it wasn't for the refs along with the Stanford game, it wasn't over Taylor scored a TD. All I got to say is, Urban wants a pissed of Football Team, he's going to get pissed off team come spring ball that's for sure.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
12-04-2012, 10:00 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL reports CB Stanford Routt will work out for the #Steelers.

Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot
Perhaps Ike Taylor injury will keep him out a good while. We will know today from Tomlin #steelers

Old
12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Sivek

If they sign Routt, they're halfway to reassembling the 2011 Raiders secondary (along with Van Dyke)....which was really bad, bad to the point that the Raiders cut every one of them before the season.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Ohio State got what they deserved. Stop scheduling pansy OoCs and cheating and things will work out more nicely. Also shutting the program down would do a lot to get me to stop loathing their guts so much.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Pens1566

Until we have a real playoff in FBS, it will continue to be a joke. It's a self perpetuating media run circus.

The only differences between Bama and Stanford are hype level and test scores.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
On Vinyl
Oh Danny Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Ohio State got what they deserved. Stop scheduling pansy OoCs and cheating and things will work out more nicely. Also shutting the program down would do a lot to get me to stop loathing their guts so much.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Well, the Pirates certainly aren't undervaluing Garret Jones. According to Rob Biertempfel they asked the Mariners for Taijuan Walker. Walker, who turned 20 in August, was B-A's #20 prospect entering this year (for comparison's sake, Taillon was #15).

Unsurprisingly the Mariners didn't take it.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin

Projecting here but....

Oh Pitt

Brett Bielma is taking the head job at Arkansas, leaving an opening at Wisconsin.

Wonder who Wisconsin's first choice would be?

Old
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Projecting here but....

Oh Pitt

Brett Bielma is taking the head job at Arkansas, leaving an opening at Wisconsin.

Wonder who Wisconsin's first choice would be?
Ugh. You just know Pitt's going to end up getting screwed here. Program just can't catch a break. Yeah, Youngstown State, etc, etc... but I think Chryst is going to become a solid head coach.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Bielema leaving Wisconsin doesn't bode well for Pitt. I could see Chryst leaving to go back to Wisconsin.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Retrocity

Let's hope not. I like Chryst as a coach, and think he has Pitt heading in a good direction.

If he leaves for Wisconsin, Pitt is like the island of misfit toys.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
just saw this little snippet:

Quote:
Purdue
It’s a Great Opportunity Because … Penn State and Wisconsin aren’t as scary as in the past out of the Leaders Division, which could create an opening behind Ohio State. Purdue is a program with a lot of tradition and rich history, which can be recruiting tools when leveraged properly.

It’s a Career-Killer Because … the Boilermakers have been a quintessential middling Big Ten program for far too long. The program hasn’t won more than seven games since 2007, and last appeared in the Rose Bowl 12 years ago. It’s never going to compete with the likes of Ohio State and Michigan for the Midwest’s best athletes.

The Key Decision-Maker: AD Morgan Burke

His Wish List Might Include … Darrell Hazell (Kent State head coach), Pete Lembo (Ball State head coach), Randy Fichtner (Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks coach), Butch Jones (Cincinnati head coach). Notoriously tight with their salary budget for this opening, the Boilermakers might finally be willing to loosen the purse strings in order to make a splash. Jones is the front-runner.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Darrell Hazell is the front runner for Purdue right now.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM
penguins2946*

Why would the Pirates offer Jones up for another pitching prospect? Ugh whoever makes the trades there isn't very smart

Old
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Why would the Pirates offer Jones up for another pitching prospect? Ugh whoever makes the trades there isn't very smart
Would you turn down Tyler Kennedy for Morgan Reilly just because of their positions?

Old
12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Would you turn down Tyler Kennedy for Morgan Reilly just because of their positions?
Crap that is a good comparison. But it's a little different, because the Pirates don't really have a replacement for Jones, while the Pens have people to take TK's spot (like Tangradi or Jeffery). Pens also don't have any prospect at the level of Rielly, sorry Pouliot and Morrow.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:07 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Bielema leaving Wisconsin doesn't bode well for Pitt. I could see Chryst leaving to go back to Wisconsin.
I didn't expect Bielema leaving Wisconsin. Never like him. His play calling were terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrocity View Post
Let's hope not. I like Chryst as a coach, and think he has Pitt heading in a good direction.

If he leaves for Wisconsin, Pitt is like the island of misfit toys.
I like him too but I think he's top choice for Wis.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Crap that is a good comparison. But it's a little different, because the Pirates don't really have a replacement for Jones, while the Pens have people to take TK's spot (like Tangradi or Jeffery). Pens also don't have any prospect at the level of Rielly, sorry Pouliot and Morrow.
In baseball, you can never enough pitching prospects. You just keep stockpiling them.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Pitching prospects are far more valuable in baseball than defenders in hockey.

I wouldn't exactly say we should be looking for pitching prospects, but hey, if someone will overpay he'll yes. Seattle is sorta like us in the sense that they're drowning in young pitching, but can't score runs. If they're interested in Jones then you ask for the most value you can get...and Walker is one of the best prospects in baseball.

Which is precisely why thwy won't trade him for Garrett bleeping Jones.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:54 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Just saw the block.. yea hell of a block. Best part of that whole video was, "Thats football."

Exactly. I hate what the sport has become.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Routt signed with Texans. Not sure if the Steelers will continue looking for a UFA or just go with their young CB's at this point.

It is really amazing how bad Pitt's luck is. I never thought Wisconsin's coach would leave there or at least not for a really long time so I figured Chryst would be safe for a good while.

It will be interesting to see who Wisconsin will go after. I think they will kick the tires of bigger name coaches first but those guys could be hard for them to pry away so I can definitely see Chryst becoming their prime target.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

The biggest thing I want to know is...in what world is Arkansas a better job than Wisconsin?

Wisconsin is a Big Ten power...Arksansas is an SEC mediocrity that has largely been irrelevant since joining the SEC two bleeping decades ago.

I don't get it, especially considering Bielema is from Big Ten country (from Illinois, went to Iowa, and outside of two seasons as a Co-DC at Kansas State his almost two decades of coaching has been in the Big Ten). I can get why guys go from smaller schools to lousy programs in bigger conferences, because the pay is a million times better, but that isn't the case here. It's a definitely raise, but to jump from a perennial winner to a mediocrity when you make what Bielema already was at Wisconsin...it's hard to respect the guy right now.

If I were a Badgers fan/alumni, I'd be livid. He even got a sizable pay raise when he signed his new five year deal last February.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Closed Thread