1. Martin Brodeur (85.71% of the votes).
2. Scott Stevens (98.08% of the votes)
3. Patrik Elias (69.70% of the votes)
4. Scott Niedermayer (79.69% of the votes)
5. Ken Daneyko (76.00% of the votes)
6. John MacLean (64.06% of the votes)
7. Bobby Holik (31.48% of the votes, won showdown with Muller 23-21)
8. Kirk Muller (54% of the votes)
9. Claude Lemieux (44.64% of the votes)
10. Sergei Brylin (34.21% of the votes)
11. John Madden (62.50% of the votes)
12. Bruce Driver (38.98% of the votes)
13. Brian Rafalski (61.22% of the votes)
14. Randy McKay (48.89% of the votes)
15. Jay Pandolfo (40.00% of the votes)
16. Jamie Langenbrunner (31.11% of the votes)
17. Petr Sykora (34.21% of the votes)
18. Jason Arnott (31.25% of the votes)
No idea why, I just stopped doing this, but I figured we have to finish this off....
Devils packed a lot of history into only 30 years of existence, there are going to be some names unfortunately left out.
I can think of at least 25 names I'd be ok with in the top 20.
Agreed. And besides, Kovalchuk was the leader of that team, and hindsight makes that even more apparent to me. There's also likely still some residual hate for Parise around these parts thanks to last summer's fiasco.
Not bummed about Lou's trade of Verbeek to Hartford. He made good on that by sending POS OVERRATED Sean Burke out of town, and we got Holik, and the second round pick that became Jay Pandolfo from Hartford. Not to mention Marty got a spot opened up for him a year later.
I know he ended up pissing some of us off, but are we totally forgetting about Billy Guerin!? I'd take Guerin in his prime over Langenbrunner in his prime any day. Seems a little remiss not including him in the votes so far.
Blah hated Guerin. He was pretty good for us for about 5 years don't get me wrong. Though he held out for a month or more maybe(So did Arnott, and Niedermayer, and Patty once for a shorter amount of time) finally got his contract while Lou was shopping him, and we eventually got Arnott from Edmonton. He made things very difficult while he had to play before being shopped too for that month or so.
I remember a couple years later when he went to Boston he was a little ****. Tripping, and slashing our guys every single game, and many were his former teammates. Cheap shotting people too. Loved seeing Clarkson knock him on his ass a couple times when he played for the Penguins.
Guerin wasn't a Devil for long enough to be considered, I think.
He was a Devil for as long as Claude Lemieux was. At least in years, though maybe he played less games with injury, etc I'm not sure.
Guerin I'll always remember as a dirty Bruin that liked to slash, and trip his former teammates, and I'm pretty sure he ran Marty a couple times too. He also ran like a little ***** when Stevens was on the ice too.