Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Abbotsford Heat Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
TS Quint

vCash: 500
What happened to Horak in the last 10 games?

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
like every young player, inconsistency

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I have a hardon for Erixon even though he's a ******
Sums up your post.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
bigchief12

Sven Baertschi and Ben Walters injured in Fridays's 5-1 win. No details as far as I've heard/seen.

Heat website:

Quote:
Ward shed no light on the nature of the Baertschi/Walter injuries.

"You know me they're hurt," he said. "I only worry about the 20 guys that are playing."
Hopefully not too serious. Updates appreciated.

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Sums up your post.
Changing my post and not acutely saying anything is very immature. Sorry he didn't want to play for your favorite team that must mean he is ****.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Money Baer
COYS

Wondering if Howse getting called up has anything to do with Baertschi being out for a while?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

@ Glen, that's fine your more than entitled to have your opinion because I definitely have mine lol. I'll admit, I haven't watched Erixon at all this year. But last season, there was the play where he skated by his Ranger teammates getting in a scrap and chose to sit on the bench. Sather made it quite clear that MDZ, Stepan and Kreider were not going to be traded for Rick Nash under any circumstance. Instead they viewed the son of an time Ranger great expendable and traded him barely a year later after they traded to acquire him. To me, that says something.

Like I said, maybe he will or has changed. But I know for myself, if I were in charge of a pro sports team and had the choice between having Horak or Erixon on my team that I would chose Horak without hesitation based on what I know of the 2 players attitudes and overall skill level.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
Basically the same thing that happened to him last year after 10-15 games - hit a wall.

Don't know if it's a conditioning issue, or if he's just run out of adrenaline by then.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
@ Glen, that's fine your more than entitled to have your opinion because I definitely have mine lol. I'll admit, I haven't watched Erixon at all this year. But last season, there was the play where he skated by his Ranger teammates getting in a scrap and chose to sit on the bench. Sather made it quite clear that MDZ, Stepan and Kreider were not going to be traded for Rick Nash under any circumstance. Instead they viewed the son of an time Ranger great expendable and traded him barely a year later after they traded to acquire him. To me, that says something.

Like I said, maybe he will or has changed. But I know for myself, if I were in charge of a pro sports team and had the choice between having Horak or Erixon on my team that I would chose Horak without hesitation based on what I know of the 2 players attitudes and overall skill level.
You are entitled to your opinion my point was don't let that one action convince you of the person he is because almost everyone has done something bad before.

Of course he wouldn't trade Kreider or Stepan they need help in the top 9 for forwards and Sather knows that. So it comes down to MDZ or Erixon who is the center prospect in the trade and honestly who wouldn't trade Erixon over MDZ, MDZ is just better. I think it says Erixon was a top prospect that wasn't needed like the others in other words its says nothing.

I will agree he *****ed out on that play with the Rangers but again everyone has done things they have regretted, Erixon has gotten into lots of scraps and on that one occasion yes he left his teammates. I think you would be foolish to say you would take Erixon over Horak but that's your opinion and that's fine but my point was don't let one decision at the age of 20 (we all know his dad was making the decision) define who he is.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Changing my post and not acutely saying anything is very immature. Sorry he didn't want to play for your favorite team that must mean he is ****.
Actually, he's a ***** because people try to say his daddy made the decision for him. He's a grown man, if he didn't want to play for the Flames he could have manned up and said so. So yes, he's a big *****.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Actually, he's a ***** because people try to say his daddy made the decision for him. He's a grown man, if he didn't want to play for the Flames he could have manned up and said so. So yes, he's a big *****.
Well he kind of did say that he didn't want to play for the Flames, just may not have appeared 100% honest in his reasoning. It was along the lines of he'd be too low on the depth chart, and won't get to play as much - I can't bother to look for the actual quote.

Really, he could've said nothing and just re-entered the draft, but at least he allowed the Flames to make a trade instead of losing him for nothing.

Now that he's with Columbus, I'm over the whole thing since Karma has straightened everything out.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Yes like I said he was a "*****" for doing that but to deem a person biased solely on one action is full on retarded. He made a choice at 20 that seemed childish and guess what I think almost everyone can think of something stupid they did in their early 20's and lived to regret it. No one blames Iggy for holding out and saying he is a ***** because he wanted tons of money but when a player doesn't want to play in a certain city for what ever reason he is a *****? Also Erixon's dad played in the nhl if you don't think he played a major role in his sons thought process I think you are sadly mistaken.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 12-03-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Rolen
sick

If it's just between Horak and Erixon I take Erixon without hesitation. It's Ma. Granlund and Wotherspoon that makes things interesting.

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
If it's just between Horak and Erixon I take Erixon without hesitation. It's Ma. Granlund and Wotherspoon that makes things interesting.
I agree with this.

Wotherspoon is looking like as solid as a defensive prospect as the Flames have. I believe he is right there with Sieloff as their best stay at home defenseman in the pipeline. Both being just a step ahead of John Ramage. But we will get a better idea in 2013-14 when both Wotherspoon and Ramage turn pro.

I don't know much about Granlund to add any thoughts on him.

Calgary definitely gave up the best player in the Erixon deal, but even ignoring circumstances I think they made out pretty well.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Any more updates about Baertschi?

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Ashasx

My guess is that you won't see Sven back until after Christmas. They won't be rushing him.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Rolen
sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Any more updates about Baertschi?
He's having concussion symptoms so he probably won't play for a few weeks. Kind of disappointing, I look forward to watching heat games largely because of getting to watch Sven play.

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:22 PM
jarome

anyone have a stream?

jarome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
He's having concussion symptoms so he probably won't play for a few weeks. Kind of disappointing, I look forward to watching heat games largely because of getting to watch Sven play.
Ughh. I hope this is mild and doesn't affect him in the future

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:48 PM
TheHudlinator

Heat beat Toronto 3-2 Horak with 2 points (1 goal, 1 assist) Reinhart had a goal, since Sven went down Reinhart has 2 points in 4 games playing with Horak.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:09 PM
TheHudlinator

Byron with a nice shot after using his speed to create a 2-1.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:04 AM
FLAMESFAN

The Heat are starting to look like the offensive dynamo they were a few years ago, averaging a whopping 1.6 goals over the past 10 games. On the bright side, they have picked up 4 wins in that span.
The game on Saturday is televised, as is a game against Chicago on the 29th.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:01 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Farrrrrrrk.

Please don't let him turn into Mr. Glass, he has had a couple major injuries now since being drafted.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
I was told that it was tweeted as a neck injury, not concussion-related.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:50 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Baertschi with an assist in his first game back!

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote