HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Universal Trade/Lineup Thread PT 2: Offseason Trade Deadline at 12am!

Old
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Gary83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I personally don't see any difference between this and the Sitwell trade - The second trade looks to hold no true value for Summers who is pretty good in this game. I feel like 2 teams shouldn't be able to make consecutive trades within a certain time frame this would put an end to circumventing trade rules which it seems has been done here as well.
I don't know, that's sure alot closer in value then that STL/NSH trade. I'm personally not sure why Phoenix would move Summers for a '15 1st but to each their own, not really a big deal.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbokan View Post
The Sitwell trade has been dealt with, don't really see how this callout was necessary lmao
Yeah you're right man, that was pretty obnoxious. My apologies.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
I personally don't see any difference between this and the Sitwell trade - The second trade looks to hold no true value for Summers who is pretty good in this game. I feel like 2 teams shouldn't be able to make consecutive trades within a certain time frame this would put an end to circumventing trade rules which it seems has been done here as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I don't know, that's sure alot closer in value then that STL/NSH trade. I'm personally not sure why Phoenix would move Summers for a '15 1st but to each their own, not really a big deal.
Adding a lot more to that Summers deal right now actually. I thought Summers was a 70's prospect still when i made that offer. Although with...

OEL-Voynov
Klesla-Rundblad
Gormley-Lee

...i does seem like Summers is an odd man out. Rundblad and Gormley are going to devleop amazingly. OEL is...OEL, Klesla is a really solid Dman in this game too.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Probably because he wouldn't. To me it screams part of the other deal. This is a hard one because the commissioner is involved but I only think the first deal should be approved and if they really want the second deal they should have to wait until trade deadline, by that time I highly doubt Pheonix would want Summers for a 1st.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Probably because he wouldn't. To me it screams part of the other deal. This is a hard one because the commissioner is involved but I only think the first deal should be approved and if they really want the second deal they should have to wait until trade deadline, by that time I highly doubt Pheonix would want Summers for a 1st.
My deals are absolutely subject to just as much scrutiny as others. Being the Commissioner is irrelevant. Like i said in my earlier post, the deal is being re-worked right now.

Honestly, what happened was i did a BAGM mode with Phoenix, saw that Summers was a 70 something, played a few games with him and then really liked how he played. I didn't even look up his new overall until after i posted lol.

Deal is being re-worked as we speak.

EDIT: With Summers 83 Overall, it would absolutely look like its part of another deal. Completely agree.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:31 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
With Jaromir Jagr's imminent retirement, the are looking for a new 2nd line RW. Willing to deal my 1st Rd. Pick and/or certain prospects.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:35 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
My deals are absolutely subject to just as much scrutiny as others. Being the Commissioner is irrelevant. Like i said in my earlier post, the deal is being re-worked right now.

Honestly, what happened was i did a BAGM mode with Phoenix, saw that Summers was a 70 something, played a few games with him and then really liked how he played. I didn't even look up his new overall until after i posted lol.

Deal is being re-worked as we speak.

EDIT: With Summers 83 Overall, it would absolutely look like its part of another deal. Completely agree.
Why would it matter if it was part of the first deal though? The purpose of the max players in deal rule was to prevent GMs from blowing up or changing their teams too much. So if a GM wants to waste their two deals on a small extension to the first deal tbh I don't see a reason why that shouldn't be allowed as it doesn't go against the nature/reason for the max players rule.

Fair value rules should definitely still apply tho, and I think in a back to back scenario like this the trade should be evaluated as a whole rather than two desperate deals.

Just my opinion anyways.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
With Jaromir Jagr's imminent retirement, the are looking for a new 2nd line RW. Willing to deal my 1st Rd. Pick and/or certain prospects.

Ryder is a 2nd line rw playing on my 3rd line if you want him back

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Why would it matter if it was part of the first deal though? The purpose of the max players in deal rule was to prevent GMs from blowing up or changing their teams too much. So if a GM wants to waste their two deals on a small extension to the first deal tbh I don't see a reason why that shouldn't be allowed as it doesn't go against the nature/reason for the max players rule.

Fair value rules should definitely still apply tho, and I think in a back to back scenario like this the trade should be evaluated as a whole rather than two desperate deals.

Just my opinion anyways.
We had this problem yesterday in Sitwell and I couldnt allow it because it just circumvented the trade rules. Which are there for a reason. So both trades must remain equal as they are two seperate trades. So you cant evaluate the two trades as one trade.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:

Just my opinion anyways.
Its a way to get around the rules and it isn't fair to other teams. Look at the Sitwell Trade thread for more details

Old
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
We had this problem yesterday in Sitwell and I couldnt allow it because it just circumvented the trade rules. Which are there for a reason. So both trades must remain equal as they are two seperate trades. So you cant evaluate the two trades as one trade.
Yeah I meant evaluate the two deals as one in addition to the two deals by themselves as well. That way if you had two small trades where team A was getting a better deal than team B in both of them, if you only look at them separately team B might not be losing enough to disallow, but together team B may be be losing enough where it should be disallowed as a whole.

Otherwise as a commish you're leaving yourself exposed to a team ripping another team off by spreading it out over 2 deals so you don't have enough ripoff in one deal alone to disallow it.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Orlov may be available for the right price.

I also have Ribero, with high end playmaking and skating ability.

Luongo is also available.

I'm looking for a stud goalie prospect or perhaps a really high pick.

If you play out the GM game he ends up with 90 skating ability, 90 shooting ability, and mid 80s in terms of passing and offensive awareness. I'll snap a screenshot in game if anyone is interested.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Hawks and Yotes 2nd Trade Updated

summers

2014 3rd + 2015 1st + Whitney (3.5 star goalie prospect) + Hextall (98 Wrist shot power) +Hejduk

Old
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

summers

2014 3rd + 2015 1st + Whitney (3.5 star goalie prospect) + Hextall (98 Wrist shot power) +Hejduk
Confirmed.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
xX Hot Fuss

new lineup might honestly look like...

RNH-Toews-Yandle
Vrbata-McNeil-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Sharp
Jayes-Kruger-???

Keith-Seabrook
Summers-Leddy
Lalonde-Hjalmarsson

Old
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Price 89

Quote:

summers

I finally understand why he was on ur 1st line! His wrist shot power! Lol

Old
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Tbh I don't understand why Phoenix would make that move.

Yandle is better than Carter offensively, he would be a more effective forward than Carter (who doesn't have good face off, so the center argument doesn't work).

Phoenix is then downgrading from Summers to Voynov.

Also giving Vrbata (almost as good as Carter himself) up along with a 1st rounder for a bunch of mid grade/low end prospects who will never get above 80 OVR, which also relieves Chicago of cap space.

And Hejdik will probably retire.

Fuss man, I didn't say anything about the RNH one, but if you were on the other side of this one I think you'd prob be thinking about denying it.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:38 PM
stevezz

Quote:

Yandle is better than Carter offensively, he would be a more effective forward than Carter (who doesn't have good face off, so the center argument doesn't work).

Also giving Vrbata (almost as good as Carter himself) up along with a 1st rounder for a bunch of mid grade/low end prospects who will never get above 80 OVR, which also relieves Chicago of cap space.

Fuss man, I didn't say anything about the RNH one, but if you were on the other side of this one I think you'd prob be thinking about denying it.
I was thinking the exact same thing when looking at the trade.. The first one i dont see a problem with but the second one makes no sense at all. I still think the second trade is being done because it cant be part of the first one. If phoenix is rebuilding as he claims that he is, why is he trading a 26 year old 83ovr defensemen with incredible skating ability for almost nothing?

Just my opinion

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing when looking at the trade.. The first one i dont see a problem with but the second one makes no sense at all. I still think the second trade is being done because it cant be part of the first one. If phoenix is rebuilding as he claims that he is, why is he trading a 26 year old 83ovr defensemen with incredible skating ability for almost nothing?

Just my opinion
Any why trade a first round pick?... And a legit one at that.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Second trade was not part of the first. Summers was going to be an odd man out this season because I have a good crop of young defensive prospects who I plan on improving this year, and I wanted to give them time in the bigs next season. He is on an expiring contract and I wouldn't have made the trade if he wasn't.

Quote:
Any why trade a first round pick?... And a legit one at that.
I am not giving up a first round pick. I am receiving a first round pick.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:

Edit: @Evolution i also seem to remember you trading a depth forward, low-mid 80's goalie, and a scrub Dman for Franchise defenseman

Carter>>Vrbata
Yandle<<Voynov
Added Tuevo (my favorite prospect) who is a 3.5 star stud as a sweetener

Carter's faceoff rating is a 78. He was the 2nd best Faceoff guy in our league in season 1 and he did a great job winning draws for me this season and in the playoffs.
Trade 1:

-Carter can win draws, Vrbata cant
-Carter has a better shot than Vrbata
-Carter is 3 years younger than Vrbata
-Carter is also locked up to a $5.25/year cap hit for 10 years. At an 86 overall in this game thats a steal. Lucic asked for 6 mil, Marchand 6 mil, Kane (87 ovr) will ask for 8 mil
-Carter is 6'3 and crushes people, also very hard to knock off the puck while Vrbata cant hit to save his life
-I offered Hjalmarsson instead of Voynov but Voynov has better skating so PHX wanted him instead. He's 4.0 Star potential with a lot of room to improve
-I wanted Yandle because of his skating and offense. Defensively, he's not very good. His poke check and positioning make him a defensive liability whereas Voynov had the best +/- for me in the playoffs this year and was a rock

Trade 2: These are two separate trades, not one large trade

Summers is an 83 overall, lets not pretend i traded for Suter or Doughty here

-Gave up the two best picks i have remaining, a 3.5 star goalie prospect, a depth forward (who does not retire this season btw), and a guy who can skate and has 98 Wrist shot power. He can be just as effective as Mursak.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Even though ArGarBarGar already confirmed the trade, if he would like to re-work it (for a 3rd time) i'll happily void this one out.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:52 PM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Second trade was not part of the first. Summers was going to be an odd man out this season because I have a good crop of young defensive prospects who I plan on improving this year, and I wanted to give them time in the bigs next season. He is on an expiring contract and I wouldn't have made the trade if he wasn't.

There are 28 other teams that would probably give you so much more for Summers.. Why trade him to Chicago for nearly nothing right after you made a blockbuster trade with him.. Dude you had an extra top 4 D-man do you know how many teams lack a solid top 4 defensemen like that? You could have gotten impact roster players for him.

And sorry Fuss i just really dont like back to back trades like that, you never see that happen in the real NHL.

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post

Ohhhh, my bad. I misread the trade on my iPhone then, that's a bit better deal if Chi is the one giving up the 1st rounder.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Price 89

Just my opinion to Phoenix, if your rebuilding why trade summers? Trade klesla...he'd be the odd man out in my eyes