HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Ducks Sharks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
  #1
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 50
Oilers Ducks Sharks

To Oilers
Ryan Getzlaf
Ryane Clowe




To Ducks
Joe Pavelski
Sam Gagner
Jeff Petry
2013 1st round pick Oilers
2014 1st round pick Oilers



To Sharks
Corey Perry


Last edited by oilersfan11: 12-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
  #2
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
To Oilers
Ryan Getzlaf
Ryane Clowe




To Ducks
Joe Pavelski
Sam Gagner
Jeff Petry
2013 1st round pick Oilers
2014 1st round pick Oilers



To Sharks
Corey Perry
Perry > Pavelski, and that won't get you Getzlaf.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
  #3
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Perry > Pavelski, and that won't get you Getzlaf.
I don't see how Anaheim can get so much when Getzlaf is a free agent on July 1st.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
  #4
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
To Oilers
Ryan Getzlaf
Ryane Clowe




To Ducks
Joe Pavelski
Sam Gagner
Jeff Petry
2013 1st round pick Oilers
2014 1st round pick Oilers



To Sharks
Corey Perry
Oilers say no unless it is for a signed Getzlaf

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM
  #5
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,837
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
I don't see how Anaheim can get so much when Getzlaf is a free agent on July 1st.
I think they'd rather just re-sign him. There's a better chance that Perry might intend to leave, but even still, you can't really convince fans of a team that their upcoming UFAs will walk and they should just take what they can get for them.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:14 PM
  #6
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
I don't see how Anaheim can get so much when Getzlaf is a free agent on July 1st.
Everything has pointed to him wanting to stay in anahiem the likely hood of us trading getz is 0 to none, and only way he would be traded is for a pretty big overpayment

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
  #7
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
So its Pavelski and Clowe for Perry? I'd probably do this if Perry was signed. He would be the perfect player for Jumbo to play with. Perry replaces Pavs and we could sign or trade for a guy that could make up for Clowe's 50pt production.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  #8
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 500
Easy no.

We also would not send Perry to our biggest rival in the division.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
  #9
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Easy no.

We also would not send Perry to our biggest rival in the division.
What if we said please?

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
  #10
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
What if we said please?
Well, in that case, sure. But you have take Jeff Petry.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
  #11
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
So its Pavelski and Clowe for Perry? I'd probably do this if Perry was signed. He would be the perfect player for Jumbo to play with. Perry replaces Pavs and we could sign or trade for a guy that could make up for Clowe's 50pt production.
Dont think wed be having this conversation if perry was signed plus ya perry on any team that we have to play 6 times a season is a big no.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
  #12
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 500
A pile of crap/picks + Pavelski for our two best players.

Seems reasonable.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
  #13
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Well, in that case, sure. But you have take Jeff Petry.
Fine! *reluctantly*

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
  #14
DousedInOil
Registered User
 
DousedInOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,360
vCash: 500
Why did this have to be posted by an Oilers fan.

*Cries*

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
  #15
Beer Me
Registered User
 
Beer Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: the slum
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
This doesn't make Anaheim better in the present or in the future (those 1st rounders will be mid round selections).

If Anaheim is even trading both of them, it means they are going to start a rebuild and probably are gonna be looking for players or pieces to help them in 5-10 years from now.

Getzlaf + Perry for RNH + Schultz + 1st Round

Doubt both sides do it though.

Edit: Was going through my post history and noticed I forgot to add a player (Schultz).. whoops.


Last edited by Beer Me: 12-09-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM
  #16
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
This doesn't make Anaheim better in the present or in the future (those 1st rounders will be mid round selections).

If Anaheim is even trading both of them, it means they are going to start a rebuild and probably are gonna be looking for players or pieces to help them in 5-10 years from now.

Getzlaf + Perry for RNH + 1st Round

Doubt both sides do it though.
That proposal is even worse than what the OP had.

Hell no to the original idea.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
  #17
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,085
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Well, in that case, sure. But you have take Jeff Petry.
Pavelski and Clowe for Perry and Petry? If you insist.

I'm one of the few non-Oilers fans who consider Petry a top-4 defenseman.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
  #18
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
As an Oiler fan I would take this deal if Petry wasn't there and Getzlaf was willing to sign for second line centre money. Otherwise, this completely destroys the Oilers' entire cap structure (Yes, it isn't fully constructed yet, but having Getzlaf earn 6 million to play on the second line isn't the plan).

Otherwise, I would probably grudgingly accept.

Trading Petry would be creating a larger hole than the Oilers would be filling with Getzlaf.

Pointteen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
  #19
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,085
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
As an Oiler fan I would take this deal if Petry wasn't there and Getzlaf was willing to sign for second line centre money. Otherwise, this completely destroys the Oilers' entire cap structure (Yes, it isn't fully constructed yet, but having Getzlaf earn 6 million to play on the second line isn't the plan).

Otherwise, I would probably grudgingly accept.

Trading Petry would be creating a larger hole than the Oilers would be filling with Getzlaf.
I understand the rest of the post, but that last bit is utter ********. Getzlaf would be perfect behind RNH. Petry is a sold 2nd pairing guy, but with all the studly defense prospects Oilers fans tell me about, Petry's absence shouldn't be felt at all.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:00 PM
  #20
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,932
vCash: 50
Why do you guys want Getzlaf in the first place? You already have a 1C in RNH.

Just go after Pavelski. He'll be cheaper and he most likely won't backfire cap-wise.

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
  #21
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Pavelski and Clowe for Perry and Petry? If you insist.

I'm one of the few non-Oilers fans who consider Petry a top-4 defenseman.
I think he's a top 4 defenseman. But we don't need him.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
  #22
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,102
vCash: 500
Rather just sign Getzlaf

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:09 PM
  #23
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,085
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think he's a top 4 defenseman. But we don't need him.
Like hell you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Rather just sign Getzlaf
There is a 0.00000001% chance that Getzlaf signs in Edmonton.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:17 PM
  #24
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Like hell you don't.



There is a 0.00000001% chance that Getzlaf signs in Edmonton.
We really dont. We have 5 guys locked up for atleast 3 years and we have multiple NHL ready prospects.

Not saying he isnt good but defense is not a need right now.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:21 PM
  #25
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,085
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
We really dont. We have 5 guys locked up for atleast 3 years and we have multiple NHL ready prospects.

Not saying he isnt good but defense is not a need right now.
Yeah, and three of them are Bryan Allen, Sheldon Souray, and Francois Beauchemin. Petry is much better than Allen/Souray, and he's arguably better than Beauchemin. He's also better than Sbisa. You don't turn down a guy like Petry because you have Sheldon Souray signed.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.