HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #12 - Urlacher out Reg season (Maybe/More or less)

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
AP had over 100 yards.

Lynch plus Wilson had 150

San Fran backs combined for over 100.

Bears have not been good outside the tackles. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the AP show in Minny.
A lot of Wilson's yards came scrambling off of pass plays (40 yards according to ESPN). Ponder isn't going to be doing that.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
A lot of Wilson's yards came scrambling off of pass plays (40 yards according to ESPN). Ponder isn't going to be doing that.
Why not?

He is pretty mobile and until Wilson's last game they were comparable in rushing

The Vikes coaches after watching what Wilson did will have Ponder try it as well ,, Any team with mobile QB will try it after seeing Kaep + Wilson burn our D

Old
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why not?

He is pretty mobile and until Wilson's last game they were comparable in rushing

The Vikes coaches after watching what Wilson did will have Ponder try it as well ,, Any team with mobile QB will try it after seeing Kaep + Wilson burn our D
Ponder is not the runner Wilson is, to try to make that argument shows that you have never watched either play. Ponder ran a 4.65 40 at the combine, Wilson ran a 4.55...thats a huge difference. Kaepernick ran a 4.53.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Ponder is not the runner Wilson is, to try to make that argument shows that you have never watched either play. Ponder ran a 4.65 40 at the combine, Wilson ran a 4.55...thats a huge difference. Kaepernick ran a 4.53.
Ponder is as good a runner as Wilson as is very quick elusive

Having seen enough of Vikes when he decides to run he can gash any team ,, Look at what he did to 49ers D that destroyed the Bears

Its simple logic any team with good RB and mobile QB will start to gameplan against Bears using SF/Sea as examples until Bears D shows it can stop it

Old
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Expecting a lot of a 35 yr old to be ready for playoffs with a grade 2 tear of his hamstring
I don't disagree, just that the thread title was really made it sound a lot bad than it may be.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Perfect timing to face AP in Minnesota. I'd say he gets 200 yards. Bears have been getting torn up by the run.
AP went for 200+ against the Packers last week and still lost. Still, clearly we stack against AP and make Christian Ponder minus Percy Harvin beat us. Our O needs to get it done Sunday.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:11 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
AP went for 200+ against the Packers last week and still lost. Still, clearly we stack against AP and make Christian Ponder minus Percy Harvin beat us. Our O needs to get it done Sunday.
GB offense is much better than the Bears.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Recoil

Quote:
GB offense is much better than the Bears.
Yea, but the Bears offense rolled up enough on the Vikings last game to get the job done. You have to feel that we are good enough to take it to the Vikings again, even though its in Minny and on turf.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:26 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Yea, but the Bears offense rolled up enough on the Vikings last game to get the job done. You have to feel that we are good enough to take it to the Vikings again, even though its in Minny and on turf.
It's going to be a close game. Bears will need a couple turn overs. Their run defense concerns me lately and with Jennings & Urlacher out, it could be ugly.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
ndgt10

Who cares? Even with Urlacher, the Bears were going nowhere in the playoffs.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
And we needed to draft OL in 1st or 2nd round last time

Look how that turned out
Was pretty clear to me that we would go with a pass rusher with the 1st and a WR with the 2nd

Webb got his chance, Louis was fine, LG was the problem. Garza was for sure and Carimi is basically a Rookie.

This year, I think we will go MLB and OL with 1st and 2nd. Emery will bring in proven OL players first. Need to fix it now and for sure

Old
12-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

This year, I think we will go MLB and OL with 1st and 2nd. Emery will bring in proven OL players first. Need to fix it now and for sure
I tend to agree. They can find a serviceable TE in free agency although I wish they would take one in the first round.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:34 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
I tend to agree. They can find a serviceable TE in free agency although I wish they would take one in the first round.
Both Bear Pascoe and Martellus Bennett of the Giants are FAs after this year. Steal one of them from the Giants. Both solid playmakers for the position, price will be reasonable, and you can save the draft picks.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Both Bear Pascoe and Martellus Bennett of the Giants are FAs after this year. Steal one of them from the Giants. Both solid playmakers for the position, price will be reasonable, and you can save the draft picks.
Agreed, I just really want a stud tight end. If Eifert is there, I really want him. There's no way he's not good in the pros.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Illinihockey

Urlacher and Hester made $18 mil this season. Jake Long made $12 mil this season. Cut those guys, sign Long, draft a MLB let Knox replace Hester.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Urlacher and Hester made $18 mil this season. Jake Long made $12 mil this season. Cut those guys, sign Long, draft a MLB let Knox replace Hester.
I don't mind cutting Hester because he is a avg. WR and hasn't been the same returner for a few years now.

Cut Urlacher? HELL NO! He is still one of the best LB in the NFL and is the heart and soul of this team. It would be one of the dumbest moves the Bears ever made to cut him.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:09 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I agree 100% on signing Long and if the cost is Hester, fine. But Urlacher, I think you could get him to come back for one more year on a discount. If he wants to be highly paid, see ya.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I don't mind cutting Hester because he is a avg. WR and hasn't been the same returner for a few years now.

Cut Urlacher? HELL NO! He is still one of the best LB in the NFL and is the heart and soul of this team. It would be one of the dumbest moves the Bears ever made to cut him.
His contract is up. And no, he's not one of the beset LB's in the NFL. He's been slow and bad this year. The reason Wilson and Kaepernick could run all over the Bears is because Urlacher couldn't run them down like he could 5 years ago when the Bears would kill Vick. Hell even in the cover 2, the strong safety is carrying the deep middle because Urlacher can't get deep enough anymore.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:24 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post

What Urlacher have you been watching? He has been awful all year. Too slow to cover a good TE, tackling has taken a major step back, and he isn't effective on the blitz. He's just too slow to be in the right spot at the right time like he has been for oh so many years.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:27 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I'd offer him 3.5M, take it or leave it. We need the flexibility to go after Long and Urlacher isn't worth more than that anyway.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:32 AM
RayP

Quote:
I like that idea a lot. Then use the other money saved to grab one of the TEs from the Giants. After that, see if you can trade up 5 or so spot and snag Ogletree in the draft, and you have your ILB replacement. Briggs might have to make or help with the pre-snap calls, but I bet Alec could learn, and he'd be a monster physically patrolling sideline to sideline.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Hester's salary for next year is largely based on receiver incentives, which he won't be earning.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Hester's salary for next year is largely based on receiver incentives, which he won't be earning.
Quote:
2013: $1,857,523 (+ $10 million "deescalating" roster bonus)

Not exactly sure what that means, but he isn't getting a 10M roster bonus of any kind and would be cut before he got one.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Not exactly sure what that means, but he isn't getting a 10M roster bonus of any kind and would be cut before he got one.
But its not about money paid, its about the count against the cap. I believe you have to include all incentives that might be gained in that cap number. If not you could sign Cutler for a $1 million cap hit and $12 mil in easily obtained incentives.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I like that idea a lot. Then use the other money saved to grab one of the TEs from the Giants. After that, see if you can trade up 5 or so spot and snag Ogletree in the draft, and you have your ILB replacement. Briggs might have to make or help with the pre-snap calls, but I bet Alec could learn, and he'd be a monster physically patrolling sideline to sideline.
Spaeth and Kellen Davis make $4.5 mil combined this year. That money can get you a tight end. Neither will be on the team next year.

Closed Thread