HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

The Junior Hockey Thread (Ottawa 67s Talk)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
  #501
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,884
vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I'm not even joking.

The Ottawa 67s have acquired BRENDAN BELL. BRENDAN MOTHER****ING BELL.
I literally did a double-take when I saw this. Byrne is definitely trolling us.

__________________
hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
  #502
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 256
Hahaha Brendan Bell is back in Ottawa.

Who would have thought?!

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 05:05 PM
  #503
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
I literally did a double-take when I saw this. Byrne is definitely trolling us.
That's exactly what I did haha

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
  #504
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Get us Mark again next!

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
  #505
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 50
http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/bre...r-brendan-bell

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
  #506
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 50
Also, in terms of the 2013 OHL Priority selection, the 67s are going to have a shot at Sean Day, a defenceman for Honeybaked that could be granted exceptional status. He plays in Detroit, but IS Canadian and American. Know he has citizenship in the US, not sure if he's a dual citizen. Others:

Werenski
Konecny (134 points last year)
Stephens


Last edited by Marvelous Manked: 12-03-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
  #507
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,283
vCash: 50
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL how is this even possible? Is he even legible to play as a Junior hockey player again... I don't know what what to...

Oh... Carry on.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
  #508
Larionov
Registered User
 
Larionov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Cody Ceci was just snubbed by Team Canada - not even invited to the selection camp. Now, Team Canada sometimes gets it wrong, with many examples over the years of guys who didn't play in the World Juniors who ended up having fine NHL careers. Still, odd that they didn't think one of the leading scorers among defencemen in the OHL was worth even a camp invite...

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
  #509
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Lockout strikes again!

JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:42 PM
  #510
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,623
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Pissed that Ceci didn't make it...

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
  #511
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
This is going to be a pretty boring WJC for a Sens fan.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
  #512
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
If you only watch the tournament for Sens prospects, then yes.

If you watch for great hockey (Which we haven't had a lot of lately) then I think it'll be entertaining enough...

Despite popular belief, the whole point of the WJC's is NOT just to pump your favourite teams prospects tires. Shocking, i know.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
  #513
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
Cody Ceci was just snubbed by Team Canada - not even invited to the selection camp. Now, Team Canada sometimes gets it wrong, with many examples over the years of guys who didn't play in the World Juniors who ended up having fine NHL careers. Still, odd that they didn't think one of the leading scorers among defencemen in the OHL was worth even a camp invite...
Their goal isn't to put the best future NHLers on the team, although that's often what happens. If they win gold and Cody Ceci goes on to be a better NHLer than half their team, they didn't make a mistake.

They didn't make a mistake leaving Logan Couture off the team when they did. Sure, he should have been there. But they won gold.

Tons of examples of very solid NHLers who never sniffed the WJC. Just like some kids that played great in the WJC, never did much in the NHL. And players that had bad WJC, have solid NHL careers. There's always gonna be a group of blue chip prospects that excel in the WJC and then excel in the NHL.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
  #514
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Also, in terms of the 2013 OHL Priority selection, the 67s are going to have a shot at Sean Day, a defenceman for Honeybaked that could be granted exceptional status. He plays in Detroit, but IS Canadian and American. Know he has citizenship in the US, not sure if he's a dual citizen. Others:

Werenski
Konecny (134 points last year)
Stephens
Watched that clip they posted on the OHL board of that game Day played in. Didn't take long to figure out which one he was. One kid was skating 5 steps ahead of all the others and he's an underager. Pretty amazing.

Erie might have to tell McDavid to cool it a little. I doubt Ottawa goes the route of tanking, or even trading vets early to suck harder...but if they do, would be cool to see this kid play.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
  #515
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Minus Perklin, the 67s usually make great 1st round picks. Salituro is one of the players making this season worth watching.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
  #516
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Their goal isn't to put the best future NHLers on the team, although that's often what happens. If they win gold and Cody Ceci goes on to be a better NHLer than half their team, they didn't make a mistake.

They didn't make a mistake leaving Logan Couture off the team when they did. Sure, he should have been there. But they won gold.

Tons of examples of very solid NHLers who never sniffed the WJC. Just like some kids that played great in the WJC, never did much in the NHL. And players that had bad WJC, have solid NHL careers. There's always gonna be a group of blue chip prospects that excel in the WJC and then excel in the NHL.
Kent Manderville and Pat Falloon say "wassup?"

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:23 AM
  #517
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!
 
Rocket Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Capital of Canada!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Pissed that Ceci didn't make it...
Poor kid. He's probbaly gonna be an Ottawa favourite for a long time to come and it's too bad he's missing the boat on this one due to his lack luster performance a this years Can/Russia series.

At least it's good news for 67's stars Graovac & Monahan!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
  #518
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal
 
Inkling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Hopefully Monahan and Graovac will break the 67's World Junior curse that has been going on for a while. I think that last 67 to make Team Canada was Brendan Bell back in 2003 (kind of funny actually given the recent events).

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
  #519
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
For my own selfish reasons I hope Monohan doesn't make it, I plan to go to a few 67 games over the holidays

JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
  #520
starling
Registered User
 
starling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Graovac on the list? ok...

starling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:00 PM
  #521
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Graovac on the list? ok...
Kid's been a beast all season long.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM
  #522
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!
 
Kenny Bania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Bad year for the 67's to suck. Absolutely no buzz about the Minor Midget class - unlike last year with McDavid, Ho Sang and all their Marlie teammates. Here is the top ten I saw recently (probably looking at a top 2 pick presumably after Graovac & Ceci get moved).

Zach Werenski - Detroit Little Caesars
Travis Konecny - Elgin Middlesex Chiefs
Matthew Spencer - Oakville Rangers
Dylan Strome - Toronto Marboros (CPhoenix is going to love this guy!)
Denis Yan - Detroit Belle Tire
Mitchell Stephens - Toronto Marlboros
Michael Davies - Southern Tier Admirals
Luke Kirwan - Middlesex Islanders
Kyle Capobianco - Oakville Rangers
Brett McKenzie - Oakville Rangers

No position info available on these guys from the site I saw it on. Obviously exceptional status candidates would not be on this list either.


Last edited by Kenny Bania: 12-04-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Kenny Bania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
  #523
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Also, in terms of the 2013 OHL Priority selection, the 67s are going to have a shot at Sean Day, a defenceman for Honeybaked that could be granted exceptional status. He plays in Detroit, but IS Canadian and American. Know he has citizenship in the US, not sure if he's a dual citizen. Others:

Werenski
Konecny (134 points last year)
Stephens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
Bad year for the 67's to suck. Absolutely no buzz about the Minor Midget class - unlike last year with McDavid, Ho Sang and all their Marlie teammates. Here is the top ten I saw recently (probably looking at a top 2 pick presumably after Graovac & Ceci get moved).

Zach Werenski - Detroit Little Caesars
Travis Konecny - Elgin Middlesex Chiefs
Matthew Spencer - Oakville Rangers
Dylan Strome - Toronto Marboros (CPhoenix is going to love this guy!)
Denis Yan - Detroit Belle Tire
Mitchell Stephens - Toronto Marlboros
Michael Davies - Southern Tier Admirals
Luke Kirwan - Middlesex Islanders
Kyle Capobianco - Oakville Rangers
Brett McKenzie - Oakville Rangers

No position info available on these guys from the site I saw it on. Obviously exceptional status candidates would not be on this list either.
See Manked's post. Possibility of getting Day.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
  #524
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!
 
Kenny Bania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Erie might have to tell McDavid to cool it a little. I doubt Ottawa goes the route of tanking, or even trading vets early to suck harder...but if they do, would be cool to see this kid play.
Absolutely no reason not to start dumping vets after Jan. 1st. Their seasons over. Keep Monahan though, he probably needs another year of junior before he makes the show - depending on who drafts him.

Kenny Bania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:19 PM
  #525
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 50
I've only had the chance to see Day once, I will get to see him a couple more times over the coming months in various Minor Midget tournaments.

He's a remarkable player, I think he should be granted exceptional status. He's one of those players that you say "WOW" after seeing only one shift of him. That's how special he is.

Adding some 2nd round picks this year and last years 1st rounders by getting rid of Ceci and Graovac should 100% be done to make this team like London was a couple years ago.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.