Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Cape Breton 2012-13

Old
11-03-2012, 03:45 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I thought arsenault was already playing for them ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 06:06 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I thought arsenault was already playing for them ?
Nope. Stayed home in NB to play High School hockey. Was told by another player he missed, and I quote, "his super-hot girlfriend."

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 10:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
Nope. Stayed home in NB to play High School hockey. Was told by another player he missed, and I quote, "his super-hot girlfriend."
He played for them last year though ?

Why not JR.A ?

Lol that's all I gotta say.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:10 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Pulled off another win tonight against PEI. Don't want to jinx them, but they're playing well lately and picking up a few wins/points. How did Culek look in his first game ? Noticed he had a fight against Oligny , how did he fare in that? Any videos of the fights?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Mathletic

How has Haché played this year?

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
How has Haché played this year?
I've seen him play a few times and he seems to be steady and solid. He's not the kind of player that's going to "wow" you everytime he's on the ice but he makes simple/smart plays and gets his job done. He is a solid contributer.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Pulled off another win tonight against PEI. Don't want to jinx them, but they're playing well lately and picking up a few wins/points. How did Culek look in his first game ? Noticed he had a fight against Oligny , how did he fare in that? Any videos of the fights?
It was kind an odd game. The shots on goal make it look dominating for the first 40 minutes, but it didn't seem that way. The Rocket came out flat, simple enough, but they weren't getting swarmed. By the 3rd period Cape Breton's defensive depth, or lack thereof, was catching up with them. Our 5/6/7 guys are Walsh, who seems to have passed Nicholson (who sat), and Billy Hartley. These three guys were basically the 9/10/11 options to start the year. I'd say nobody else in the league has that kind of drop-of from their top 4 to their bottom 3. That was the beauty of Desmarais: He never developed into what he looked like he'd be in Halifax, but he was only our number 5. So....what I'm saying is we need a depth guy we can depend on, the sooner the better.

Culek looks good....had his chances. He skates well for his size. The fight was a bit of surprise.

I like Hache, but you're absolutely correct. Don't expect any flash. I heard some rumblings that he might be on his way out, which makes sense that teams would come calling. He's only 18, so Cape Breton gets extra value for that coming back. I think Quebec is a possible destination, with maybe Duncan MacIntyre and other moving pieces going both ways. The hitch in any deal is Choules....does he value wins over development at this point?

And speaking of trades, I expect Lavoie to be popular at Christmas. With so many good 20's in the league this year, he may be a cheaper upgrade for a few teams with limited flexibility. Teams like Quebec (upgrade over Shaw) or Montreal who has an open spot for an overager.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:22 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Culek actually fight fairly frequently. As far as trading is concerned, Choules is at the helm but I'm sure he can't decide on his own to buy just cause he wants to make himself look better as a coach. I'm sure you'll see Cape Breton move some vets and build for the future. This also benefits the younger guys who will see an increase of ice time. Maybe that gets their morale up and they start picking their play up. I don't think we'll see Carrier go , they'd be wise to keep him around until next season when he will likely be an NHL first rounder. His value will keep going up and you'll probably land more assets next season from a team like Baie Comeau,Rimouski or Quebec. Lavoie is great, no doubt but he will be a tough sell cause of the surplus of 20's this season. He's not worth trading for a 2nd or 3rd which is a conservative return this deadline. Playes I think will attract intrest and will likely get moved are Clarke, Woodworth, Trudeau and Hache. Other than that , pretty slim pickin's or not worth trading.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Well, I guess Jacob Arsenault will never report to CB. Bad team, people leaving... Poor Carrier, something drastic needs to be done in Sydney.
Arsenault is one of the weirdest cases ive heard in a while.

Not only is he not playing Q, he's not playing JR A, and not even playing AAA Midget.

No he's actually playing High School Hockey at ESN. He literally dropped 3 levels of hockey (Q to HS) in one offseason. ive never seen that before.

And the worst part. He doesnt look like anything special out there.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:43 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post

Not only is he not playing Q, he's not playing JR A, and not even playing AAA Midget.

No he's actually playing High School Hockey at ESN. He literally dropped 3 levels of hockey (Q to HS) in one offseason. ive never seen that before.

Actually...he's not even the first from his area to make that drop. Remember Patrick Jones? Played a full season in the Q with Bathurst, and then the next season played high school.

as i've said before. Some people want to play hockey and others want to be hockey players.....those two are examples of kids that just want to play hockey!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Let's not forget how much hard work and dedication goes into playing in the CHL . Remember these are kids , some 15 years old. Moving away from home , living with a differrent family, excrutiating work outs , daily practices and tons of traveling are not easy tasks on a daily basis.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post

Happened in Cape Breton before but not to the Eagles.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37513

He made Montreal, went to Woodstock then left for High School, next season played Jr. B lol

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Happened in Cape Breton before but not to the Eagles.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37513

He made Montreal, went to Woodstock then left for High School, next season played Jr. B lol
I remember him, I think I saw him play one of those 3 games..

Old
12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

They fired Choules, an replaced him with Marc-Andre Dumont.

He's a good guy, he'll do we'll there.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:10 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
They fired Choules, an replaced him with Marc-Andre Dumont.

He's a good guy, he'll do we'll there.
Hopefully. I still think they would have been better off thinking outside the box and hiring a new face rather than adding a recycled guy. With Cape Breton being english, I'm sure there would be some OHL / former NHL local players that would fit the bill. That's just my imput but you never know...

Old
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Hopefully. I still think they would have been better off thinking outside the box and hiring a new face rather than adding a recycled guy. With Cape Breton being english, I'm sure there would be some OHL / former NHL local players that would fit the bill. That's just my imput but you never know...
Marc speaks English... Very well actually.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

I'm at the point where I don't care who is coaching them, as long as players have stopped walking away from the team.

The GM position is another matter altogether. I heard from somebody who was correct about other things that Carrier, to my disbelief mind you, was on his way to Rimouski come the deadline. Now with Choules out....who knows what's happening.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
RJQuack

A recycled coach is the answer? Is he expected to be here long term?

Maybe time to go get a midget coach after the season and go young, work their way up.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 06:33 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
A recycled coach is the answer? Is he expected to be here long term?

Maybe time to go get a midget coach after the season and go young, work their way up.
Fabian Joseph is probably the answer, from both a competitive and PR play. But they hired Dumont and that's that I suppose.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I'm a Dumont fan, this hiring was good.

Val D'Or wasn't on him... He did some of the shaping, give the guy a chance... He hasn't been a GM for long.

He knows his stuff.. He's been in the league.. Knows the players..

This guy will be able to recruit English and French players.

It's a smart move.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:47 PM
RJQuack

Word is he yells a lot lol. And that Val-d'Or fans didn't like him.... Worth a shot to see if he can being something new to the table but I think there (could have been) better options next off-season.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Scarecrow Boat

I love this term "recycled Q coach"

It's ****ing December, who are all these amazing candidates sitting around jobless in December?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:24 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Word is he yells a lot lol. And that Val-d'Or fans didn't like him.... Worth a shot to see if he can being something new to the table but I think there (could have been) better options next off-season.
I geuss we will find out.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:24 AM
hab 4ever

Where is L-P Pagé playing this year? I know he did not report to camp in order to keep his US options opened but I can't find any sign of him on any Midget AAA team. He played espoir last year...

hab 4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:12 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Where is L-P Pagé playing this year? I know he did not report to camp in order to keep his US options opened but I can't find any sign of him on any Midget AAA team. He played espoir last year...
I can't seem to find him either, so I'd guess that he probably headed to prep school.
It's hard to keep track of those kids, as schools usually do a poor job updating their sites or just don't publish information.

jfb392 is online now   Reply With Quote