HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
I just figured you wanted that 1st from Toronto in a deal. Surely the 1st won`t be added to the already discussed Bozak and Kadri package unless Vancouver added to the deal as well.

Exchange Scrivens with Holzer

Bozak + Kadri + Holzer + 1st in 2014

for

Gaunce + Luongo

Old
12-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I just figured you wanted that 1st from Toronto in a deal. Surely the 1st won`t be added to the already discussed Bozak and Kadri package unless Vancouver added to the deal as well.

for

Gaunce + Luongo
Don't need defencemen. Maybe add in Detroit for a 3 way if you wan to send defence. When you are sending the best player in a deal you don't usually send potentially the best prospect as well. Who knows the deal for all we know is Bozak + Kadri + 1st for just Luongo. There is no surely adding because no one knows. Very bad deal for Vancouver.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:

for

Gaunce + Luongo
A bit better, but we aren't trading Gaunce so recently after drafting him. It would still be a no, though. Out of curiousity, would you prefer trading a 2014 1st or a 2013 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd?

Old
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
DougGilmour93

There was no mention of a 1st in the deal either. For all we know the 1st will never be included. It goes both ways. You assume, I assume. No one really wins.

Bozak is a great 3rd line centerman, with top 2 potential, who plays admirably on our 1st line. Kadri is our best offense forward prospect. WE`re not just going to throw in a 1st. Especially for a goalie who has so many negatives attached to his name.

NTC
33 yrs old with 10 years remaining on contract
lost his starting job

That is all FACT and work against Vancouver getting an optimal return for Luongo.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
A bit better, but we aren't trading Gaunce so recently after drafting him. It would still be a no, though. Out of curiousity, would you prefer trading a 2014 1st or a 2013 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd?
That`s fair (wanting to hold onto Gaunce so early on) I don`t imagine Jensen or Kassian would be available so something else would have to be worked on.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:01 PM
DougGilmour93

What about this...remove Gaunce and replace him with Schroeder and Lapierre.

So...

To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo

Old
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Numbers

Quote:

So...

To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo
This is getting silly now. Lapierre might be more valuable than Bozak. Close in value, but if I had to choose I would take Lapierre. What do you want in Schroeder? Yes Kadri is more valuable, but not by much. Don't need defence because top 7 is filled unless you want Alberts or Ballard? So this deal almost boils down to Holzer + 1st for Luongo......wow

Old
12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
StringerBell

Quote:

So...

To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo
Come on, it's been the same thing for weeks now. How have you not picked up on it? We aren't interested in trading Gaunce/Kassian/Jensen/Lapierre, and probably not Schroeder in a package with Luongo. Canucks fans are split on Schroeder, so I understand including him, but I doubt you'll find one Canucks fan looking to package any of the other guys with Luongo.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Come on, it's been the same thing for weeks now. How have you not picked up on it? We aren't interested in trading Gaunce/Kassian/Jensen/Lapierre, and probably not Schroeder in a package with Luongo. Canucks fans are split on Schroeder, so I understand including him, but I doubt you'll find one Canucks fan looking to package any of the other guys with Luongo.
We would only package prospects like this if we are getting star power back. Perry, Kessel etc....

Old
12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
You weren't asking me, but this Leafs fan would prefer the 2013 1st conditional on playoffs. If Luongo doesn't pan out and the Leafs are bottom-10 for the 2014 draft, they would be giving up another potential blue-chip prospect. After the Kessel trade, I don't think Burke can let something like that happen again. Now, I don't think it will, but I'd prefer to eliminate any of that risk even if it means giving up a pick a draft earlier, in a deeper draft.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
This is getting silly now. Lapierre might be more valuable than Bozak. Close in value, but if I had to choose I would take Lapierre. What do you want in Schroeder? Yes Kadri is more valuable, but not by much. Don't need defence because top 7 is filled unless you want Alberts or Ballard? So this deal almost boils down to Holzer + 1st for Luongo......wow
Bozak is brings way more to the table than Lapierre. Surely you must know thaté
Kadri is way better than Schroeder.

Holzer and a 1st for Luongo, + all the + from the above mentioned swaps.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Numbers

Quote:

Why is Bozak better than Lapierre? Lapierre puts up less points, but is far more gritty and adds more size and toughness. That might be your opinion, but not mine. Ya Kadri is better, but how much better neither have played a full season in NHL. To me we get a downgrade on Lapierre and an upgrade on Schroeder. Hard to gauge which is bigger, but it doesn't matter much anyway because Holzer + 2014 1st do not make up the difference to get a star goalie. I know you are okay with rolling with Reimer, but what I don't understand is that you keep posting offers that all Canucks fans say no to. So stick with Reimer or up the offer, it really seems to be that simple.

Old
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:

But does Bozak bring more to a bottom-6 role, which is what he would be used in?

And Kadri is better than Schroeder, but it's not by some ridiculous amount. Schroeder has had very little talent to work with in our AHL affiliate, and it always has been a low-scoring team due to our lack of prospect depth. We won't include Schroeder as a throw in while his value is low.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

The thing is Lapierre is cheaper and brings a unique element we are sorely lacking. He is a gritty bottom forward, who is surprisingly versatile, even doing well on our first line for a short burst. Losing him isn't worth the gain Bozak might bring.

Put bluntly, we have no desire to add much of anything to Luongo. If that is too much for Leaf fans then we are content to ride our tandem.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

So...

To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo
Take out Luongo and you're much closer.

If Burke isn't going to move any of his top assets Gillis will probably make him pay through the nose with size.

To Van- Kulemin, Frattin, Biggs, Holzer
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond

Don't want Biggs in there, Matt Finn has to take his place.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

I'd actually like to get lapierre in this deal if it happens other then brown bottom 6 is to soft.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I'd actually like to get lapierre in this deal if it happens other then brown bottom 6 is to soft.
You got Steckel and just signed Mclement for you bottom 6. On top of that you have Bozak, Grabovski, Lombardi, Connolly, and trying JVR at center. How many do you need?

Old
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Take out Luongo and you're much closer.

If Burke isn't going to move any of his top assets Gillis will probably make him pay through the nose with size.

To Van- Kulemin, Frattin, Biggs, Holzer
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond

Don't want Biggs in there, Matt Finn has to take his place.
The funny thing is... you take out Kulemin & Raymond, bring in MacArthur, and you have a deal that probably makes sense for the Leafs.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
The thing is Lapierre is cheaper and brings a unique element we are sorely lacking. He is a gritty bottom forward, who is surprisingly versatile, even doing well on our first line for a short burst. Losing him isn't worth the gain Bozak might bring.

Put bluntly, we have no desire to add much of anything to Luongo. If that is too much for Leaf fans then we are content to ride our tandem.
If it is Bozak and Kadri for Luongo.....i can't understand why anyone thinks Van has to add.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Why is Bozak better than Lapierre? Lapierre puts up less points, but is far more gritty and adds more size and toughness. That might be your opinion, but not mine. Ya Kadri is better, but how much better neither have played a full season in NHL. To me we get a downgrade on Lapierre and an upgrade on Schroeder. Hard to gauge which is bigger, but it doesn't matter much anyway because Holzer + 2014 1st do not make up the difference to get a star goalie. I know you are okay with rolling with Reimer, but what I don't understand is that you keep posting offers that all Canucks fans say no to. So stick with Reimer or up the offer, it really seems to be that simple.
My offer was upgraded.

Before it was...Mac + Kadri + 1st for Luongo + Raymond

Now it`s Kadri + Bozak + 1st for Luongo + Lapierre, than Holzer for Schroeder.

That is upgraded

Old
12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
The funny thing is... you take out Kulemin & Raymond, bring in MacArthur, and you have a deal that probably makes sense for the Leafs.
I wouldn't do it. Kulemin's size makes him a better fit under Vigneault.

Gillis said he wants the team to get younger and bigger - MacArthur doesn't help accomplish that. Kulemin does. I also don't believe the Bozak/Kadri rumours for this very reason. Making the forward corps smaller and easier to play against isn't something I envision happening under the current coaching staff.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I wouldn't do it. Kulemin's size makes him a better fit under Vigneault.

Gillis said he wants the team to get younger and bigger - MacArthur doesn't help accomplish that. Kulemin does. I also don't believe the Bozak/Kadri rumours for this very reason. Making the forward corps smaller and easier to play against isn't something I envision happening under the current coaching staff.
Well it`s the only plausible scenario out there as it`s from a source. Our (fans) speculation means nothing. So it`s really all we have to go off of.

Kadri + Bozak for Luongo.

If Vancouver wants more, than they add more.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
You got Steckel and just signed Mclement for you bottom 6. On top of that you have Bozak, Grabovski, Lombardi, Connolly, and trying JVR at center. How many do you need?
lombardi connolly steckel are ufa if season gets wiped out. Bozak is part of the roumored trade for bobby lou grabo jvf are both top 6

Old
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
If it is Bozak and Kadri for Luongo.....i can't understand why anyone thinks Van has to add.
You'd think but right now we're in the "devalue Luongo" stage. This thread goes through cycles, I swear.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:02 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
lombardi connolly steckel are ufa if season gets wiped out. Bozak is part of the roumored trade for bobby lou grabo jvf are both top 6
If they are all UFA`s than we`re signing Getz and Perry

Closed Thread