HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
  #176
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
I just figured you wanted that 1st from Toronto in a deal. Surely the 1st won`t be added to the already discussed Bozak and Kadri package unless Vancouver added to the deal as well.

Exchange Scrivens with Holzer


Bozak + Kadri + Holzer + 1st in 2014

for

Gaunce + Luongo

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:47 PM
  #177
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I just figured you wanted that 1st from Toronto in a deal. Surely the 1st won`t be added to the already discussed Bozak and Kadri package unless Vancouver added to the deal as well.

Exchange Scrivens with Holzer


Bozak + Kadri + Holzer + 1st in 2014

for

Gaunce + Luongo
Don't need defencemen. Maybe add in Detroit for a 3 way if you wan to send defence. When you are sending the best player in a deal you don't usually send potentially the best prospect as well. Who knows the deal for all we know is Bozak + Kadri + 1st for just Luongo. There is no surely adding because no one knows. Very bad deal for Vancouver.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
  #178
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,219
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I just figured you wanted that 1st from Toronto in a deal. Surely the 1st won`t be added to the already discussed Bozak and Kadri package unless Vancouver added to the deal as well.

Exchange Scrivens with Holzer


Bozak + Kadri + Holzer + 1st in 2014

for

Gaunce + Luongo
A bit better, but we aren't trading Gaunce so recently after drafting him. It would still be a no, though. Out of curiousity, would you prefer trading a 2014 1st or a 2013 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
  #179
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
There was no mention of a 1st in the deal either. For all we know the 1st will never be included. It goes both ways. You assume, I assume. No one really wins.

Bozak is a great 3rd line centerman, with top 2 potential, who plays admirably on our 1st line. Kadri is our best offense forward prospect. WE`re not just going to throw in a 1st. Especially for a goalie who has so many negatives attached to his name.

NTC
33 yrs old with 10 years remaining on contract
lost his starting job

That is all FACT and work against Vancouver getting an optimal return for Luongo.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
  #180
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
A bit better, but we aren't trading Gaunce so recently after drafting him. It would still be a no, though. Out of curiousity, would you prefer trading a 2014 1st or a 2013 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd?
That`s fair (wanting to hold onto Gaunce so early on) I don`t imagine Jensen or Kassian would be available so something else would have to be worked on.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:01 PM
  #181
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
What about this...remove Gaunce and replace him with Schroeder and Lapierre.

So...


To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
  #182
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about this...remove Gaunce and replace him with Schroeder and Lapierre.

So...


To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo
This is getting silly now. Lapierre might be more valuable than Bozak. Close in value, but if I had to choose I would take Lapierre. What do you want in Schroeder? Yes Kadri is more valuable, but not by much. Don't need defence because top 7 is filled unless you want Alberts or Ballard? So this deal almost boils down to Holzer + 1st for Luongo......wow

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
  #183
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about this...remove Gaunce and replace him with Schroeder and Lapierre.

So...


To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo
Come on, it's been the same thing for weeks now. How have you not picked up on it? We aren't interested in trading Gaunce/Kassian/Jensen/Lapierre, and probably not Schroeder in a package with Luongo. Canucks fans are split on Schroeder, so I understand including him, but I doubt you'll find one Canucks fan looking to package any of the other guys with Luongo.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
  #184
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Come on, it's been the same thing for weeks now. How have you not picked up on it? We aren't interested in trading Gaunce/Kassian/Jensen/Lapierre, and probably not Schroeder in a package with Luongo. Canucks fans are split on Schroeder, so I understand including him, but I doubt you'll find one Canucks fan looking to package any of the other guys with Luongo.
We would only package prospects like this if we are getting star power back. Perry, Kessel etc....

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
  #185
Jax Teller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
A bit better, but we aren't trading Gaunce so recently after drafting him. It would still be a no, though. Out of curiousity, would you prefer trading a 2014 1st or a 2013 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd?
You weren't asking me, but this Leafs fan would prefer the 2013 1st conditional on playoffs. If Luongo doesn't pan out and the Leafs are bottom-10 for the 2014 draft, they would be giving up another potential blue-chip prospect. After the Kessel trade, I don't think Burke can let something like that happen again. Now, I don't think it will, but I'd prefer to eliminate any of that risk even if it means giving up a pick a draft earlier, in a deeper draft.

Jax Teller is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
  #186
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
This is getting silly now. Lapierre might be more valuable than Bozak. Close in value, but if I had to choose I would take Lapierre. What do you want in Schroeder? Yes Kadri is more valuable, but not by much. Don't need defence because top 7 is filled unless you want Alberts or Ballard? So this deal almost boils down to Holzer + 1st for Luongo......wow
Bozak is brings way more to the table than Lapierre. Surely you must know thaté
Kadri is way better than Schroeder.

Holzer and a 1st for Luongo, + all the + from the above mentioned swaps.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
  #187
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak is brings way more to the table than Lapierre. Surely you must know thaté
Kadri is way better than Schroeder.

Holzer and a 1st for Luongo, + all the + from the above mentioned swaps.
Why is Bozak better than Lapierre? Lapierre puts up less points, but is far more gritty and adds more size and toughness. That might be your opinion, but not mine. Ya Kadri is better, but how much better neither have played a full season in NHL. To me we get a downgrade on Lapierre and an upgrade on Schroeder. Hard to gauge which is bigger, but it doesn't matter much anyway because Holzer + 2014 1st do not make up the difference to get a star goalie. I know you are okay with rolling with Reimer, but what I don't understand is that you keep posting offers that all Canucks fans say no to. So stick with Reimer or up the offer, it really seems to be that simple.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
  #188
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,219
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak is brings way more to the table than Lapierre. Surely you must know thaté
Kadri is way better than Schroeder.

Holzer and a 1st for Luongo, + all the + from the above mentioned swaps.
But does Bozak bring more to a bottom-6 role, which is what he would be used in?

And Kadri is better than Schroeder, but it's not by some ridiculous amount. Schroeder has had very little talent to work with in our AHL affiliate, and it always has been a low-scoring team due to our lack of prospect depth. We won't include Schroeder as a throw in while his value is low.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
  #189
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Bozak is brings way more to the table than Lapierre. Surely you must know thaté
Kadri is way better than Schroeder.

Holzer and a 1st for Luongo, + all the + from the above mentioned swaps.
The thing is Lapierre is cheaper and brings a unique element we are sorely lacking. He is a gritty bottom forward, who is surprisingly versatile, even doing well on our first line for a short burst. Losing him isn't worth the gain Bozak might bring.

Put bluntly, we have no desire to add much of anything to Luongo. If that is too much for Leaf fans then we are content to ride our tandem.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:38 PM
  #190
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about this...remove Gaunce and replace him with Schroeder and Lapierre.

So...


To Vancouver:
Bozak
Kadri
Holzer
1st 2014

To Toronto:
Lapierre
Schroeder
Luongo
Take out Luongo and you're much closer.

If Burke isn't going to move any of his top assets Gillis will probably make him pay through the nose with size.

To Van- Kulemin, Frattin, Biggs, Holzer
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond

Don't want Biggs in there, Matt Finn has to take his place.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
  #191
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 500
I'd actually like to get lapierre in this deal if it happens other then brown bottom 6 is to soft.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:44 PM
  #192
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I'd actually like to get lapierre in this deal if it happens other then brown bottom 6 is to soft.
You got Steckel and just signed Mclement for you bottom 6. On top of that you have Bozak, Grabovski, Lombardi, Connolly, and trying JVR at center. How many do you need?

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
  #193
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Take out Luongo and you're much closer.

If Burke isn't going to move any of his top assets Gillis will probably make him pay through the nose with size.

To Van- Kulemin, Frattin, Biggs, Holzer
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond

Don't want Biggs in there, Matt Finn has to take his place.
The funny thing is... you take out Kulemin & Raymond, bring in MacArthur, and you have a deal that probably makes sense for the Leafs.

seanlinden is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
  #194
Liferleafer
RIP Pat
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
The thing is Lapierre is cheaper and brings a unique element we are sorely lacking. He is a gritty bottom forward, who is surprisingly versatile, even doing well on our first line for a short burst. Losing him isn't worth the gain Bozak might bring.

Put bluntly, we have no desire to add much of anything to Luongo. If that is too much for Leaf fans then we are content to ride our tandem.
If it is Bozak and Kadri for Luongo.....i can't understand why anyone thinks Van has to add.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
  #195
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Why is Bozak better than Lapierre? Lapierre puts up less points, but is far more gritty and adds more size and toughness. That might be your opinion, but not mine. Ya Kadri is better, but how much better neither have played a full season in NHL. To me we get a downgrade on Lapierre and an upgrade on Schroeder. Hard to gauge which is bigger, but it doesn't matter much anyway because Holzer + 2014 1st do not make up the difference to get a star goalie. I know you are okay with rolling with Reimer, but what I don't understand is that you keep posting offers that all Canucks fans say no to. So stick with Reimer or up the offer, it really seems to be that simple.
My offer was upgraded.

Before it was...Mac + Kadri + 1st for Luongo + Raymond

Now it`s Kadri + Bozak + 1st for Luongo + Lapierre, than Holzer for Schroeder.

That is upgraded

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
  #196
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
The funny thing is... you take out Kulemin & Raymond, bring in MacArthur, and you have a deal that probably makes sense for the Leafs.
I wouldn't do it. Kulemin's size makes him a better fit under Vigneault.

Gillis said he wants the team to get younger and bigger - MacArthur doesn't help accomplish that. Kulemin does. I also don't believe the Bozak/Kadri rumours for this very reason. Making the forward corps smaller and easier to play against isn't something I envision happening under the current coaching staff.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
  #197
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I wouldn't do it. Kulemin's size makes him a better fit under Vigneault.

Gillis said he wants the team to get younger and bigger - MacArthur doesn't help accomplish that. Kulemin does. I also don't believe the Bozak/Kadri rumours for this very reason. Making the forward corps smaller and easier to play against isn't something I envision happening under the current coaching staff.
Well it`s the only plausible scenario out there as it`s from a source. Our (fans) speculation means nothing. So it`s really all we have to go off of.

Kadri + Bozak for Luongo.

If Vancouver wants more, than they add more.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
  #198
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
You got Steckel and just signed Mclement for you bottom 6. On top of that you have Bozak, Grabovski, Lombardi, Connolly, and trying JVR at center. How many do you need?
lombardi connolly steckel are ufa if season gets wiped out. Bozak is part of the roumored trade for bobby lou grabo jvf are both top 6

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
  #199
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
If it is Bozak and Kadri for Luongo.....i can't understand why anyone thinks Van has to add.
You'd think but right now we're in the "devalue Luongo" stage. This thread goes through cycles, I swear.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:02 PM
  #200
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
lombardi connolly steckel are ufa if season gets wiped out. Bozak is part of the roumored trade for bobby lou grabo jvf are both top 6
If they are all UFA`s than we`re signing Getz and Perry

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.