HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Numbers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
My offer was upgraded.

Before it was...Mac + Kadri + 1st for Luongo + Raymond

Now it`s Kadri + Bozak + 1st for Luongo + Lapierre, than Holzer for Schroeder.

That is upgraded
Ok but now you have seen responses from Canucks fans and they do not consider that adding and regardless not a good deal. So in that case you said you are willing to roll with Reimer, otherwise up these offers because everyone keeps saying no still.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
My offer was upgraded.

Before it was...Mac + Kadri + 1st for Luongo + Raymond

Now it`s Kadri + Bozak + 1st for Luongo + Lapierre, than Holzer for Schroeder.

That is upgraded
How much of an 'upgrade' is Bozak, Raymond and Holzer over Lapierre, MacArthur and Schroeder? If anything I'd say that's a downgrade.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
lombardi connolly steckel are ufa if season gets wiped out. Bozak is part of the roumored trade for bobby lou grabo jvf are both top 6
Ok we'll based on that logic Lapierre is a UFA if the season gets wiped out too, so he would either be resigned or let go. He couldn't be traded based on your scenario. If there is a season however you do have all those centres. Do you see my point?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ok but now you have seen responses from Canucks fans and they do not consider that adding and regardless not a good deal. So in that case you said you are willing to roll with Reimer, otherwise up these offers because everyone keeps saying no still.
Now I`m just basing my offer off of the speculated Bozak + Kadri for Luongo.

At best I`d add a 3rd to make it happen. Any more than that, than Van has to add as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:10 PM
keslerburrows

Lapierre is going no where.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Well it`s the only plausible scenario out there as it`s from a source. Our (fans) speculation means nothing. So it`s really all we have to go off of.

Kadri + Bozak for Luongo.

If Vancouver wants more, than they add more.
Bozak and Kadri won't be returning Roberto Luongo before the start of the regular season. Gillis has zero incentive to make that deal. That may be what Burke is offering, that's not going to be what Gillis accepts.

If Gillis doesn't get at least 1 asset he highly covets he simply waits until later in the season as teams get more desperate in their attempt to make the playoffs. Veteran, impact players value ALWAYS peaks near the trade deadline. I wouldn't expect anything different with Luongo.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:16 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Bozak and Kadri won't be returning Roberto Luongo before the start of the regular season. Gillis has zero incentive to make that deal. That may be what Burke is offering, that's not going to be what Gillis accepts.

If Gillis doesn't get at least 1 asset he highly covets he simply waits until later in the season as teams get more desperate in their attempt to make the playoffs. Veteran, impact players value ALWAYS peaks near the trade deadline. I wouldn't expect anything different with Luongo.
No one will want Luongo any more at the deadline as his contract still sucks than as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Now I`m just basing my offer off of the speculated Bozak + Kadri for Luongo.

At best I`d add a 3rd to make it happen. Any more than that, than Van has to add as well.
Ok but you got your feedback, so why keep rehashing something people say no to? Change it up again.....but differently this time. Consensus Canucks fans do not want to add pieces to Luongo deal, especially prospects, unless they are getting something significant. E.g. Perry, Kessel etc

Old
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Well it`s the only plausible scenario out there as it`s from a source. Our (fans) speculation means nothing. So it`s really all we have to go off of.

Kadri + Bozak for Luongo.

If Vancouver wants more, than they add more.

Can you point me to where Millard say that this is all that's involved in the deal. That there cannot be, under any circumstances, more to this trade?

I'll wait, and thank you.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
No one will want Luongo any more at the deadline as his contract still sucks than as well.
1) It doesn't suck, as has been explained numerous, numerous times.
2) Teams like Washington, Tampa Bay, etc will all have a better idea of whether or not Holtby or Lindback can handle the starting job. Given that both are in win-now mode, 6 years of great goaltending is nothing to sneeze at.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ok but you got your feedback, so why keep rehashing something people say no to? Change it up again.....but differently this time. Consensus Canucks fans do not want to add pieces to Luongo deal, especially prospects, unless they are getting something significant. E.g. Perry, Kessel etc

Why is it always Leaf fans that have to conform. Maybe Vancouver fans should for a change.

If you guys came at me and said it was reported on a Vancouver/Toronto radio station that the supposed deal was Kadri + Bozak + 1st + for LUongo, than I`d conform and it would be more believable.

Unfortunately that`s not the case. Right now the only offer we have to go on is the Millard rumor. A 1st was not mentioned in the deal. So sorry Van fans, deal with it.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:26 PM
van Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
We aren't interested in adding any good prospects in order to trade Luongo. We're even less interested in Scrivens.
Nice, because we don't want to trade a first.

Old
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Can you point me to where Millard say that this is all that's involved in the deal. That there cannot be, under any circumstances, more to this trade?

I'll wait, and thank you.
I`m sorry, did he speculate on more being involved...no he didn`t.

Checkmate.

Old
TieClark

Quote:
Why is it always Leaf fans that have to conform. Maybe Vancouver fans should for a change.

If you guys came at me and said it was reported on a Vancouver/Toronto radio station that the supposed deal was Kadri + Bozak + 1st + for LUongo, than I`d conform and it would be more believable.

Unfortunately that`s not the case. Right now the only offer we have to go on is the Millard rumor. A 1st was not mentioned in the deal. So sorry Van fans, deal with it.
Several Canucks fans on here have convinced themselves that they don't have any need to trade Luongo and that he's worth an arm and a leg even with his contract.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
FakeKidPoker*

I can't see the Canucks getting anymore than Bozak and Kadri for Luongo.

Everyone knew they would not be getting much.

They'd get a better deal if they traded him to the Hawks or Oilers but I don't see that happening

Old
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
1) It doesn't suck, as has been explained numerous, numerous times.
2) Teams like Washington, Tampa Bay, etc will all have a better idea of whether or not Holtby or Lindback can handle the starting job. Given that both are in win-now mode, 6 years of great goaltending is nothing to sneeze at.
It does suck. You can`t convince me otherwise. If the shoe was on the other foot, surely you`d want no part of his rediculous contract.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
I`m sorry, did he speculate on more being involved...no he didn`t.

Checkmate.
Again, why should we put any more credit into Millard than the source claiming Gillis turned down Schenn?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

Oh look another contract expert. Can you tell me what cap-circumvention means?

Numbers and StringerBell, I think you are doing yourselves a disservice by engaging DG93 in his faux Lu deals. He's clearly interpreting information to his benefit. LL at least recognizes a good deal when he sees it. It might be better to continue on with him.

As to the deal, let's hope Millard's information gets verified/debunked soon here.

Old
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Several Canucks fans on here have convinced themselves that they don't have any need to trade Luongo and that he's worth an arm and a leg even with his contract.
It`s sad really. I look forward to this all being finalized. Vancouver fans will be crying bloody murder. They are dealing from a disadvantage, they just don`t accept that.

Old
Numbers

Quote:

Ok but where is this audio clip no one has been able to find. There have been rumors that Gardiner + could be had. It's not about conforming, but if everyone says no then why keep repeating, find a deal both sides like.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
It`s sad really. I look forward to this all being finalized. Vancouver fans will be crying bloody murder. They are dealing from a disadvantage, they just don`t accept that.
Because it's wrong. Burke is dealing from a disadvantage...he doesn't have a goalie. The Canucks have two goalies and don't HAVE to move either of them.

12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Oh look another contract expert. Can you tell me what cap-circumvention means?

Numbers and StringerBell, I think you are doing yourselves a disservice by engaging DG93 in his faux Lu deals. He's clearly interpreting information to his benefit. LL at least recognizes a good deal when he sees it. It might be better to continue on with him.

As to the deal, let's hope Millard's information gets verified/debunked soon here.
Keep him til he`s 42 than. Fine by me. Leafs are doing you a favor by taking it on. You should really be sending us more of value in the deal, but all you Van fans would froth at the mouth if it was suggested.

Bozak + Kadri is all we have to go off of at this point.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
It does suck. You can`t convince me otherwise. If the shoe was on the other foot, surely you`d want no part of his rediculous contract.
Seeing I had no qualms tossing Wisniewski his contract for the Habs or inking Ehrhoff to his mega term and feel both being allowed to walk was a mistake. I'd argue that point.

Canuck fans have been down this loser road before, coincidentally due to shoddy goaltending. I hardly call it is a stretch to say few of us would like to do it again.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:33 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Because it's wrong. Burke is dealing from a disadvantage...he doesn't have a goalie. The Canucks have two goalies and don't HAVE to move either of them.
Sure he does, Reimer and Scrivens.

I would love for Vancouver to be stuck with Luongo. You say you`d be ok with that, but at some point you`d realize that spending nearly 10 million on one position in a cap world is just retarded.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Keep him til he`s 42 than. Fine by me. Leafs are doing you a favor by taking it on. You should really be sending us more of value in the deal, but all you Van fans would froth at the mouth if it was suggested.

Bozak + Kadri is all we have to go off of at this point.
That thinking is incredibly flawed. The Leafs are not doing the Canucks a favour by taking on a top 5 goalie from us, who was the main reason we won back to back President's trophies and got to game 7 of the SCF. That's not a favour, that's capitalizing on an opportunity. The Leafs don't have a goalie, the Canucks have two.

Lupul, Kadri and a 1st round pick for Luongo.

Closed Thread