HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LL v.89: Tiffany Alvord Appreciation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 76
Also possible it's a still from a security camera?

Old
12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29 View Post
If he was pushed on the track a second before there is no way they could have saved him.In before you say "Well he had to get his camera out to take the shot!" Photographers camera's are usually ready at any moment.

Oh and before you go, "so he decided to take a pic and not save him!?" Why didn't anyone else save him? You're telling me there is only 3 people in a new york subway station? It's also dangerous to try and pull someone up, you can easily get dragged down, and there is a voltage bar down there that powers the trains that would kill you in a second.

Lastly, those camera's are really powerful, he could even be 200 meters away for all we know. I don't agree with the publishing of it, but I don't see how this lone photographer is a "pos"

PS cat: A freelance photographer for The New York Post, R. Umar Abbasi, who captured Han's last moment, said he raced towards the oncoming train, firing his flash in the attempt to get the driver to slow down. According to The New York Post,

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/338316#ixzz2E88av2DF""
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Also possible it's a still from a security camera?
The picture is from a photographer who claimed he was using the camera's flash to warn the subway conductor. Yeah ok.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
I don't know, I always start off saying i'm going to keep it realistic but a few seasons in I realize I have 2nd liners on my 4th line and top pairing d on my 3rd pairing
Yeah, my team I made in NHL13 was just ridiculous. I'd have to look at it to find all the players and their ratings and such but I basically made a team with all first line players, and had 2 elite goalies. My worst rating of a player I had was probably like 85 or 86 lol.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:55 PM
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
The picture is from a photographer who claimed he was using the camera's flash to warn the subway conductor. Yeah ok.
So once again it's all on the photographer?

Quote:
According to Abbasi, the train crushed Han "like a rag doll." He said: "Out of the periphery of my eye, I just saw a body flying, flying through the air. People started waving their hands, anything they could find. They were shouting to the man in the tracks, 'Get out! Get out of there!'"
He continued: "The most painful part was I could see him getting closer to the edge. He was getting so close. And people were running toward him and the train. As I was running toward the train, the man I believe pushed him ran the other way, and I heard him say, '******* motherf--ker.' I didn’t think about [the attacker] until after. In that moment, I just wanted to warn the train — to try and save a life."
Police say that after he fell on the tracks, he narrowly missed being electrocuted. He was unable to climb off the track in time because, at first, he was stunned, but when he saw the train bearing down on him he scrambled to his feet and struggled to get back on the platform.
According to DNAInfo, a witness, said: "There was an argument. It was all so quick... You could see the train coming... while he was on the tracks."
He clearly says he was running towards the train, not sitting there taking a photo and not helping. Besides the other people yelling "Get out of there!" are of more help right?

Old
12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Blitz, of course he's going to say he did everything he could to help, what the **** else is he gonna say? As for flashing the camera to warn the conductor. Look at the picture...look at perfect it is...

And when did I say it's all on the photographer? I didn't. I'm only mentioning him because he took the picture. If bystander #4 or bystander #13 took a perfectly composed picture of the event, i'd be calling them out too.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:05 PM
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk

Quote:
Blitz, of course he's going to say he did everything he could to help, what the **** else is he gonna say? As for flashing the camera to warn the conductor. Look at the picture...look at perfect it is...

And when did I say it's all on the photographer? I didn't. I'm only mentioning him because he took the picture. If bystander #4 or bystander #13 took a perfectly composed picture of the event, i'd be calling them out too.
First of all, who is blitz?

Those camera's cost like 1000 dollars, can shoot 20 pictures in a second and come up clear.

You never blamed anyone OTHER than the photographer. Oh look at that pos photographer. Honestly, you and I both don't know his full intentions. Is one person standing there better than the guy "standing and taking a picture"?

Old
12-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:

You must not know a whole lot about photography. I have a very expensive camera with an incredibly fast shutter speed. To test it out one day I run as fast as I could and took multiple pictures of a subject while moving, and because this camera's shutter speeds were very fast it took photographs that were clear as day, they were as clear or more clear as the picture on this newspaper. So don't go preaching how this man is a pos.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

I was confused, that blitz guy was a major ass and you are the opposite of him. My most sincere apologies sir.

I'm not talking about clarity, I'm talking about picture composition (at least I think that's the term, i'm no photography expert). If you were clicking the camera in order to warn the guy, you will not get the picture above.

Once again, I only called the phtotographer out because he took the picture. Do you want me to name all the people at the scene? Fine, gimme a day or two to look over the police reports.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
bet on Kamloops again... Portland and Calgary.
Same. Bet less than I did the last couple times on Kamloops though lol. I think they've cost me 2000-3000 vcash.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
I was confused, that blitz guy was a major ass and you are the opposite of him. My most sincere apologies sir.

I'm not talking about clarity, I'm talking about picture composition (at least I think that's the term, i'm no photography expert). If you were clicking the camera in order to warn the guy, you will not get the picture above.

Once again, I only called the phtotographer out because he took the picture. Do you want me to name all the people at the scene? Fine, gimme a day or two to look over the police reports.
The only blame should be towards the guy who pushed him off the edge, I see your point but you just don't know everything about what happened to say that this photographer is a pos and he should of stopped it.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

And you're right, I don't know his full intentions. I guess you could say I'm a pessimist (though I prefer realist). Sure the guy definitely could've been doing what he said, though I think it's more likely that him being a freelance photographer in New York (can't see him making much money) see's an opportunity that doesn't come very often and decides to take advantage of it knowing he'd be bringing in a lot of dough for him (and his family).

Old
12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Pisses me off that they filmed the victims wife and the motorman. Leave them alone.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:26 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29 View Post
Ello'

I'm playing a blue's one and have only made 2 trades. 2nd round of the playoffs!
"The Real Kamosko"

lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibru View Post
Yeah, my team I made in NHL13 was just ridiculous. I'd have to look at it to find all the players and their ratings and such but I basically made a team with all first line players, and had 2 elite goalies. My worst rating of a player I had was probably like 85 or 86 lol.
I honestly don't know how we're able to do that, I've even traded for the past 3 1st overall picks as the Leafs

Old
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Old
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
"The Real Kamosko"

lolwut

I honestly don't know how we're able to do that, I've even traded for the past 3 1st overall picks as the Leafs
I might post my team later tonight, it is pretty awesome but funny at how good my team is.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Need some help for Twitter

Since I've made some great friends on this site over the years I've decided to turn too you for help. I have an account for Twitter but don't have a clue how to access other people. And help will be appreciated.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Old
12-04-2012, 07:52 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Search their name, then press follow.

Their tweets will come up on your timeline.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 474
playing ps3 again, sucking at it. so used to the 360 controls now

add me whoever wants to in the ll, kamosko99 is my id

Old
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

You can search names and click them to go to their profile. From there click follow and their tweets will start showing up on your home page.

To reference them directly in a tweet use @ followed immediately by their username.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:09 PM
van Hockey

LOL @ new orleans pelicans

whats this fight about?

edit: jackass episodes + sharktank are on tv, **** yeah.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Terrence
Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post