HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I find it laughable that Fleury, Miller, Kiprusoff, Brodeur, and Halak are considered better goaltenders than Luongo. Or is this thread a necro from 2010?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
After the years these 5 goalies had I'd say it's highly debatable they are better goalies.

Wherever you play Luongo, be it Top 5 or Top 10. He's going to garner a hell of a lot more then Tyler ****ing Bozak.
lold so hard at the fleury choice. if luongo had done what he did against the flyers, they would have shipped him off to play for some peanuts team.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
DanCloutiers5hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Why is it always Leaf fans that have to conform. Maybe Vancouver fans should for a change.

If you guys came at me and said it was reported on a Vancouver/Toronto radio station that the supposed deal was Kadri + Bozak + 1st + for LUongo, than I`d conform and it would be more believable.

Unfortunately that`s not the case. Right now the only offer we have to go on is the Millard rumor. A 1st was not mentioned in the deal. So sorry Van fans, deal with it.
Lol, its so amazing how easily peoples value of Luongo is swayed by one suggestion from a person in the media !!! Why should any of us have to conform ? Shouldnt we "all" be making are own thought out opinions? Probably a month ago me and you discussed trades and we both agreed that Kadri, Bozak, 1st (protected) could be fare and viable for both teams. Now bcuz some Toronto based reporter mentions only Kadri and Bozak all the sudden thats all Luongos worth. I have nothing against Millard but he doesnt seem like someone who has any more credible sources than McKenzie, LeBrun, or even Dreger for that matter, all of which to my knowledge have not acknowledged any of this. If there was any more validity in these reports we would hear it from other media outlets. I am aware that supposedly Pierre Mcguire mentioned something but no one can seem to confirm what was actually said or if he was just repeating Millard's comments. I am not saying Millard's wrong but i think you should take what he says with a grain of salt before jumping to conclusions. Just a suggestion for everyone: Make your own decisions/evaluations instead of hiding behind those of others

Last edited by DanCloutiers5hole: 12-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
The following are better goalies...

Fleury
Lundqvist
Thomas
Miller
Kiprusoff
Quick
Price
Rinne
Broduer
Halak
The bolded are not better goalies. Rinne is debateable, although I'd like to see him post better stats than Luongo now that he doesn't have Suter around anymore. He has Weber still so that's one Norris calibre defenseman at least.

Fleury is not better than Luongo, that's laughable.

Miller has put up better numbers than Luongo only once in his career, and he's been on a President's trophy winning team.

Kipprusoff isn't better than Luongo, his stats don't support this claim. Same can be said for Price, Brodeur and Halak.

That list is an absolute joke, and just further proves the anti-Luongo bias around here.

12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post

Might want to look up these guys stats and compare them to Luongos.
I have. You might want to.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Why is it always Leaf fans that have to conform. Maybe Vancouver fans should for a change.

If you guys came at me and said it was reported on a Vancouver/Toronto radio station that the supposed deal was Kadri + Bozak + 1st + for LUongo, than I`d conform and it would be more believable.

Unfortunately that`s not the case. Right now the only offer we have to go on is the Millard rumor. A 1st was not mentioned in the deal. So sorry Van fans, deal with it.
So, you agree the Schenn+ rumor happened? Because the vast majority of Leaf posters have been trying to convince us that was bogus. Millard is far from a reputable source, yet your hinge everything on what he tossed up from what looks to be bias.

Tell you what, we will deal with. No Nuck fan likes just Bozak+Kadri and we aren't going to suddenly start. So no use posting, right?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
luongo321

Quote:
If you looked up em up, why don't you just post em? You know, to make sure we are all on the same page.

Old
MapleReef

Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
how long ago did he say it?
Monday.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Uhh clearly you haven't. When talking about a player's GAA, the smaller number is the better one, whereas with SVP the bigger the SVP the better. I think you got this mixed up based on that list.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Look at the aggregate stats from the past two years while you're at it. Or hell over the past 5 years (why not).

Old
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
I don't have use of my internet other than HF, it's a curse. Could you please tell me the stats and interpret them to explain your conclusion please? Because I can't. Thanks.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

So it's a saga now? When does it reach odyssey status?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
That thinking is incredibly flawed. The Leafs are not doing the Canucks a favour by taking on a top 5 goalie from us, who was the main reason we won back to back President's trophies and got to game 7 of the SCF. That's not a favour, that's capitalizing on an opportunity. The Leafs don't have a goalie, the Canucks have two.

Lupul, Kadri and a 1st round pick for Luongo.
Luongo main reason why the Canucks won back to back presidents trophies?

I think not.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Is that so? Care to explain why Luongo has trumped Miller five times in six years, or why his GAA is exceptionally better than Kipper's?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:23 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
fixed
So based on your opinion Luongo is in the 6th spot. In my honest opinion, I believe he`s in the 9th spot. That`s not to far off.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Brody
High.

vCash: 551
Quote:
That thinking is incredibly flawed. The Leafs are not doing the Canucks a favour by taking on a top 5 goalie from us, who was the main reason we won back to back President's trophies and got to game 7 of the SCF. That's not a favour, that's capitalizing on an opportunity. The Leafs don't have a goalie, the Canucks have two.

Lupul, Kadri and a 1st round pick for Luongo.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post

I think not.
He's certainly why we almost won the cup. Contrary to popular belief, Luongo did not lose us the Boston series. In fact, he was the only one to show up.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Bleach Clean

I think it's pretty evident which posters want to deal. Considering one in particular has been hammered by multiple Canucks fans in the last 2 pages alone, we know the score there.

As to the deal, I have always liked Kadri, but I understand why some don't. He's still hit or miss as far as establishing himself as an NHL 2nd liner IMO. Bozak I'm not a fan of... So if that's the deal, I will feel that Gillis could have gotten better... much better, if he had waited until the deadline.

One interesting thing to note here: Multiple VAN scouts still attend TO Marlies games. So if a deal is in place, would they still be scouting as hard? I'm not so sure. I think pieces have been floated by TO, and the Canucks are doing their due diligence... even now.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He's certainly why we almost won the cup. Contrary to popular belief, Luongo did not lose us the Boston series. In fact, he was the only one to show up.
As this is the case, he also put up some real stinkers as well in that series but we wouldn't have made it to game 7 without him.

And Luongo played a huge part in our 2 President Trophies. When you have a goaltending duo like Luongo and Schneider, you will win lots of games. Some games you don't even have business winning, and I could reference probably 10 or 20 games last year that we had no business winning but did because of our outstanding goaltending.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post

I think not.
He is actually, especially last year. It was because of our goaltending we won, as most nights our players hardly looked interested. Luongo was our number 1 goalie.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:30 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Nope. Just decent value for an elite goalie who otherwise wouldn't even be available if not for Schneider.

Old
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
So based on your opinion Luongo is in the 6th spot. In my honest opinion, I believe he`s in the 9th spot. That`s not to far off.
Yet you had him in the #11 spot 6 minutes ago.

Everyone just wait a few minutes, this guy will will come to his senses and keep moving Luongo up accordingly.

Rinne and Lundqvist are the only 2 goalies in the NHL that have come close to Luongo's consistency over the long term.

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
He is actually, especially last year. It was because of our goaltending we won, as most nights our players hardly looked interested. Luongo was our number 1 goalie.

I rarely, if ever, agree with Y2K, but goaltending was absolutely the reason the Canucks won the PT last year. It was the defining trait of the team.

Old
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He is also the reason why the Canucks imploded years prior and haven't had more playoff success then they've had.

Did he lose the series the Boston series for the Canucks? No.. but he sure as hell didn't win it for them he was no better than mediocre in that series...which is slightly better than the Canucks offense from that series.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

My favourite part of online arguments is when a gif is posted in response to an argument.

Closed Thread