HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
  #276
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I rarely, if ever, agree with Y2K
I can confirm.

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
  #277
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Nope. Just decent value for an elite goalie who otherwise wouldn't even be available if not for Schneider.
Nope. His contract, his NTC and him losing the number 1 spot all hinder his trade value.

If it wasn`t for his NTC and his contract he`d be worth a heck of a lot more.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
  #278
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Yet you had him in the #11 spot 6 minutes ago.

Everyone just wait a few minutes, this guy will will come to his senses and keep moving Luongo up accordingly.

Rinne and Lundqvist are the only 2 goalies in the NHL that have come close to Luongo's consistency over the long term.


Either that or continue to be out of line with his perception on both contract and ability, and as a result get inundated with Canucks fans "correcting" him otherwise. It seems to be a pattern.


Edit: Oh look it already happened!

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
  #279
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Luongo main reason why the Canucks won back to back presidents trophies?

I think not.
It was most definitely the combination of Luongo/Schneider.

kthsn is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
  #280
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
He is actually, especially last year. It was because of our goaltending we won, as most nights our players hardly looked interested. Luongo was our number 1 goalie.
10/11 it was clearly The Sedins with a helping of Kesler.

Luongo played well for sure but just about any goalie would be able to do well on that stacked team... I don't see how you can say Luongo was the main reason. He played in the worst division in hockey as well.

FakeKidPoker* is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
  #281
Brody
Brooklyn ✔
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Wales
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Nope. Just decent value for an elite goalie who otherwise wouldn't even be available if not for Schneider.
I guess you think retirement contracts are a good idea, and add a LOT of value to trades.

Brody is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
  #282
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Nope. His contract, his NTC and him losing the number 1 spot all hinder his trade value.

If it wasn`t for his NTC and his contract he`d be worth a heck of a lot more.
His contract isn't bad. I don't see what the NTC has to do with anything considering he hasn't come out and said he wouldn't accept a trade to any particular team. And he hasn't lost his number 1 job. You're wrong with all points.

__________________
May 17, 2014: The day nightlife changes in Vancouver...ask me how.
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
  #283
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Nope. His contract, his NTC and him losing the number 1 spot all hinder his trade value.

If it wasn`t for his NTC and his contract he`d be worth a heck of a lot more.
To get your normal apostrophe back, press control + shift and test out if you've got the right one. You'll get `` ' fun fact.

You'll need the apostrophe for when you explain why Brodeur, Halak, Kiprusoff, Fleury, and Miller are better goaltenders than Luongo.

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
  #284
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
10/11 it was clearly The Sedins with a helping of Kesler.

Luongo played well for sure but just about any goalie would be able to do well on that stacked team... I don't see how you can say Luongo was the main reason. He played in the worst division in hockey as well.
Funny how a Leafs fan knows more about the Canucks than a Canucks fan

There you go giving Luongo no credit for being a Vezina finalist. That's just stupid.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
  #285
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,802
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I guess you think retirement contracts are a good idea, and add a LOT of value to trades.
If they weren't a good idea, no teams would give them out.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
  #286
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Funny how a Leafs fan knows more about the Canucks than a Canucks fan

There you go giving Luongo no credit for being a Vezina finalist. That's just stupid.
Because three players alone can bring a team a regular season championship and to the 7th game of the Finals.

Wait, we are talking about basketball right?

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
  #287
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,298
vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
To get your normal apostrophe back, press control + shift and test out if you've got the right one. You'll get `` ' fun fact.
... you have no idea how many times this has happened and I didn't know how to fix it. Thank you!

Bourne Endeavor is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  #288
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I guess you think retirement contracts are a good idea, and add a LOT of value to trades.
To cap ceiling teams I see the value in having an elite player with a lower than normal cap hit. Some people are just too closed minded to think this way.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  #289
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Funny how a Leafs fan knows more about the Canucks than a Canucks fan

There you go giving Luongo no credit for being a Vezina finalist. That's just stupid.
Leafs fan? I'm not a Leafs fan.

I said Luongo played well and he did... but to say he was the main reason the Canucks won the president's trophy is well just stupid.

Ryan Kesler scored 40 goals and won the Selke.

Daniel Sedin won the Pearson Award and Art Ross.

Luongo was 3rd at best of MVPs on that team...could easily put him 4th behind both Sedins and Kesler.

FakeKidPoker* is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  #290
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
His contract isn't bad. I don't see what the NTC has to do with anything considering he hasn't come out and said he wouldn't accept a trade to any particular team. And he hasn't lost his number 1 job. You're wrong with all points.
Ok, I`d like to see him being dealt to Columbus. No team wants to take on a 10 year contract. Get it thru your heads. If a team deals for him, it won`t be at full value. If he didn`t lose his job than why is he the one being talked about in trade forums, why not Schneider. Oh wait, its because he`s older, on a terrible contract nd was outplayed. Makes sense now.

DougGilmour93 is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
  #291
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
The following are better goalies...

Fleury
Lundqvist
Thomas
Miller
Kiprusoff
Quick
Price
Rinne
Broduer
Halak
So what makes:

Fleury:

Thomas:

Miller:

Kiprusoff:

Halak:

Brodeur(right now):

Price:

Better? I left space for you to fill in.

Numbers is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
  #292
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
... you have no idea how many times this has happened and I didn't know how to fix it. Thank you!
No problem, it was such a pain in the ass for me to figure out by myself! I must have fixed it 5 or 6 times not knowing what I did before I figured it out.

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
  #293
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
To get your normal apostrophe back, press control + shift and test out if you've got the right one. You'll get `` ' fun fact.

You'll need the apostrophe for when you explain why Brodeur, Halak, Kiprusoff, Fleury, and Miller are better goaltenders than Luongo.


Hahaha why did you tell him? LOL. He's going to need more than that to explain himself.


The realization here is that Canucks fans have already sifted through mountains of data on Luongo. Picking his tenure apart in every possible way. One good search on it will provide all the rebuttle material one would need.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
  #294
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
To cap ceiling teams I see the value in having an elite player with a lower than normal cap hit. Some people are just too closed minded to think this way.
Totally agree. When teams sign these large contracts, everyone says how great of a cap hit it, but when you're trying to trade that person to their team it's the WORST THING EVER. ZOMGZ, we're getting a good goalie at a cheap cap hit BUT ITS FOR SO LONG. As if luongo wouldn't deny another trade. His contract length is nothing to worry about. In fact, it's a bargain.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
  #295
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
So what makes:

Fleury:

Thomas:

Miller:

Kiprusoff:

Halak:

Better? I left space for you to fill in.
I also want to know what makes Price and Rinne better. Apparently Kesler and the Sedins somehow make it easier for Luongo to stop the puck, but having Weber and Suter as well as a team system built solely around team defense doesn't have any affect on Rinne. This is getting hilarious.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:45 PM
  #296
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Leafs fan? I'm not a Leafs fan.

I said Luongo played well and he did... but to say he was the main reason the Canucks won the president's trophy is well just stupid.

Ryan Kesler scored 40 goals and won the Selke.

Daniel Sedin won the Pearson Award and Art Ross.

Luongo was 3rd at best of MVPs on that team...could easily put him 4th behind both Sedins and Kesler.
How does Sedin's art Ross help Luongo stop pucks??

The Sedins didn't show up for 3 playoff series, and Kesler only had two good series. Meanwhile Luongo showed up for all 4 and was the main reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs. Luongo was also the main reason (along with Schneider) we won the President's trophy last year.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
  #297
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ok, I`d like to see him being dealt to Columbus. No team wants to take on a 10 year contract. Get it thru your heads. If a team deals for him, it won`t be at full value. If he didn`t lose his job than why is he the one being talked about in trade forums, why not Schneider. Oh wait, its because he`s older, on a terrible contract nd was outplayed. Makes sense now.



Tallon got the OK from ownership to take on Luongo's contract. Don't you know this?


The fact that he is outplayed by another budding #1, in the eyes of many VAN fans, is not an indictment on Luongo. With the age gap, it makes sense to keep Schneider in house. Would TO do any different if they had both?

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
  #298
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Hahaha why did you tell him? LOL. He's going to need more than that to explain himself.


The realization here is that Canucks fans have already sifted through mountains of data on Luongo. Picking his tenure apart in every possible way. One good search on it will provide all the rebuttle material one would need.
I've literally studied Luongo inside and out over the years. He's a great goaltender and still is and would of great value for the Toronto Maple Leafs or any team that needs a top-5 goalie in the league. I think that Luongo would bring Leafs to the playoffs and win them a couple series to boot.

And it doesn't matter what I told him. Judging by what he's said I think he's too proud a person to admit he is wrong and based on that he has ignored many posters requests to show hard evidence on why Luongo is a worse goaltender than Brodeur, Halak, Miller, Fleury, etc. and has instead posted the same company-line pablum he's been pushing this entire thread, that or he is putting some actual thought into his rebuttal. Prove me wrong, Leaf fan. You are identifying yourself by one of my favourite players, so prove me wrong.

Reverend Mayhem is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
  #299
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ok, I`d like to see him being dealt to Columbus. No team wants to take on a 10 year contract. Get it thru your heads. If a team deals for him, it won`t be at full value. If he didn`t lose his job than why is he the one being talked about in trade forums, why not Schneider. Oh wait, its because he`s older, on a terrible contract nd was outplayed. Makes sense now.
Why would you like to see him dealt to Columbus? Maybe they aren't offering the best return. We aren't going to just give him to the Leafs no more than we are going to give him to Columbus to make you happy.

You're arguments are illogical and all you can come back with is anger.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:49 PM
  #300
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
How does Sedin's art Ross help Luongo stop pucks??

The Sedins didn't show up for 3 playoff series, and Kesler only had two good series. Meanwhile Luongo showed up for all 4 and was the main reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs. Luongo was also the main reason (along with Schneider) we won the President's trophy last year.
Luongo showed up for all 4? Odd.. I seem to recall him getting benched in one series and letting up 13 goals on the road in another while being pulled twice.

and what does playoffs have to do with regular season?

FakeKidPoker* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.