HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I rarely, if ever, agree with Y2K
I can confirm.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Nope. Just decent value for an elite goalie who otherwise wouldn't even be available if not for Schneider.
Nope. His contract, his NTC and him losing the number 1 spot all hinder his trade value.

If it wasn`t for his NTC and his contract he`d be worth a heck of a lot more.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Yet you had him in the #11 spot 6 minutes ago.

Everyone just wait a few minutes, this guy will will come to his senses and keep moving Luongo up accordingly.

Rinne and Lundqvist are the only 2 goalies in the NHL that have come close to Luongo's consistency over the long term.

Either that or continue to be out of line with his perception on both contract and ability, and as a result get inundated with Canucks fans "correcting" him otherwise. It seems to be a pattern.

Edit: Oh look it already happened!

Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Luongo main reason why the Canucks won back to back presidents trophies?

I think not.
It was most definitely the combination of Luongo/Schneider.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
He is actually, especially last year. It was because of our goaltending we won, as most nights our players hardly looked interested. Luongo was our number 1 goalie.
10/11 it was clearly The Sedins with a helping of Kesler.

Luongo played well for sure but just about any goalie would be able to do well on that stacked team... I don't see how you can say Luongo was the main reason. He played in the worst division in hockey as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Brody
Brooklyn ✔

vCash: 24591
Quote:
Nope. Just decent value for an elite goalie who otherwise wouldn't even be available if not for Schneider.
I guess you think retirement contracts are a good idea, and add a LOT of value to trades.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Nope. His contract, his NTC and him losing the number 1 spot all hinder his trade value.

His contract isn't bad. I don't see what the NTC has to do with anything considering he hasn't come out and said he wouldn't accept a trade to any particular team. And he hasn't lost his number 1 job. You're wrong with all points.

12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Quote:

To get your normal apostrophe back, press control + shift and test out if you've got the right one. You'll get `` ' fun fact.

You'll need the apostrophe for when you explain why Brodeur, Halak, Kiprusoff, Fleury, and Miller are better goaltenders than Luongo.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
10/11 it was clearly The Sedins with a helping of Kesler.

Luongo played well for sure but just about any goalie would be able to do well on that stacked team... I don't see how you can say Luongo was the main reason. He played in the worst division in hockey as well.
Funny how a Leafs fan knows more about the Canucks than a Canucks fan

There you go giving Luongo no credit for being a Vezina finalist. That's just stupid.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
I guess you think retirement contracts are a good idea, and add a LOT of value to trades.
If they weren't a good idea, no teams would give them out.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Quote:

There you go giving Luongo no credit for being a Vezina finalist. That's just stupid.
Because three players alone can bring a team a regular season championship and to the 7th game of the Finals.

Wait, we are talking about basketball right?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
To get your normal apostrophe back, press control + shift and test out if you've got the right one. You'll get `` ' fun fact.
... you have no idea how many times this has happened and I didn't know how to fix it. Thank you!

Old
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
To cap ceiling teams I see the value in having an elite player with a lower than normal cap hit. Some people are just too closed minded to think this way.

Old
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:

Leafs fan? I'm not a Leafs fan.

I said Luongo played well and he did... but to say he was the main reason the Canucks won the president's trophy is well just stupid.

Ryan Kesler scored 40 goals and won the Selke.

Daniel Sedin won the Pearson Award and Art Ross.

Luongo was 3rd at best of MVPs on that team...could easily put him 4th behind both Sedins and Kesler.

Old
DougGilmour93

Quote:
His contract isn't bad. I don't see what the NTC has to do with anything considering he hasn't come out and said he wouldn't accept a trade to any particular team. And he hasn't lost his number 1 job. You're wrong with all points.
Ok, I`d like to see him being dealt to Columbus. No team wants to take on a 10 year contract. Get it thru your heads. If a team deals for him, it won`t be at full value. If he didn`t lose his job than why is he the one being talked about in trade forums, why not Schneider. Oh wait, its because he`s older, on a terrible contract nd was outplayed. Makes sense now.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Numbers

Quote:
The following are better goalies...

Fleury
Lundqvist
Thomas
Miller
Kiprusoff
Quick
Price
Rinne
Broduer
Halak
So what makes:

Fleury:

Thomas:

Miller:

Kiprusoff:

Halak:

Brodeur(right now):

Price:

Better? I left space for you to fill in.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
... you have no idea how many times this has happened and I didn't know how to fix it. Thank you!
No problem, it was such a pain in the ass for me to figure out by myself! I must have fixed it 5 or 6 times not knowing what I did before I figured it out.

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post

You'll need the apostrophe for when you explain why Brodeur, Halak, Kiprusoff, Fleury, and Miller are better goaltenders than Luongo.

Hahaha why did you tell him? LOL. He's going to need more than that to explain himself.

The realization here is that Canucks fans have already sifted through mountains of data on Luongo. Picking his tenure apart in every possible way. One good search on it will provide all the rebuttle material one would need.

Old
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
To cap ceiling teams I see the value in having an elite player with a lower than normal cap hit. Some people are just too closed minded to think this way.
Totally agree. When teams sign these large contracts, everyone says how great of a cap hit it, but when you're trying to trade that person to their team it's the WORST THING EVER. ZOMGZ, we're getting a good goalie at a cheap cap hit BUT ITS FOR SO LONG. As if luongo wouldn't deny another trade. His contract length is nothing to worry about. In fact, it's a bargain.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
So what makes:

Fleury:

Thomas:

Miller:

Kiprusoff:

Halak:

Better? I left space for you to fill in.
I also want to know what makes Price and Rinne better. Apparently Kesler and the Sedins somehow make it easier for Luongo to stop the puck, but having Weber and Suter as well as a team system built solely around team defense doesn't have any affect on Rinne. This is getting hilarious.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Leafs fan? I'm not a Leafs fan.

I said Luongo played well and he did... but to say he was the main reason the Canucks won the president's trophy is well just stupid.

Ryan Kesler scored 40 goals and won the Selke.

Daniel Sedin won the Pearson Award and Art Ross.

Luongo was 3rd at best of MVPs on that team...could easily put him 4th behind both Sedins and Kesler.
How does Sedin's art Ross help Luongo stop pucks??

The Sedins didn't show up for 3 playoff series, and Kesler only had two good series. Meanwhile Luongo showed up for all 4 and was the main reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs. Luongo was also the main reason (along with Schneider) we won the President's trophy last year.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Ok, I`d like to see him being dealt to Columbus. No team wants to take on a 10 year contract. Get it thru your heads. If a team deals for him, it won`t be at full value. If he didn`t lose his job than why is he the one being talked about in trade forums, why not Schneider. Oh wait, its because he`s older, on a terrible contract nd was outplayed. Makes sense now.

Tallon got the OK from ownership to take on Luongo's contract. Don't you know this?

The fact that he is outplayed by another budding #1, in the eyes of many VAN fans, is not an indictment on Luongo. With the age gap, it makes sense to keep Schneider in house. Would TO do any different if they had both?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Hahaha why did you tell him? LOL. He's going to need more than that to explain himself.

The realization here is that Canucks fans have already sifted through mountains of data on Luongo. Picking his tenure apart in every possible way. One good search on it will provide all the rebuttle material one would need.
I've literally studied Luongo inside and out over the years. He's a great goaltender and still is and would of great value for the Toronto Maple Leafs or any team that needs a top-5 goalie in the league. I think that Luongo would bring Leafs to the playoffs and win them a couple series to boot.

And it doesn't matter what I told him. Judging by what he's said I think he's too proud a person to admit he is wrong and based on that he has ignored many posters requests to show hard evidence on why Luongo is a worse goaltender than Brodeur, Halak, Miller, Fleury, etc. and has instead posted the same company-line pablum he's been pushing this entire thread, that or he is putting some actual thought into his rebuttal. Prove me wrong, Leaf fan. You are identifying yourself by one of my favourite players, so prove me wrong.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Why would you like to see him dealt to Columbus? Maybe they aren't offering the best return. We aren't going to just give him to the Leafs no more than we are going to give him to Columbus to make you happy.

You're arguments are illogical and all you can come back with is anger.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:49 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
How does Sedin's art Ross help Luongo stop pucks??

The Sedins didn't show up for 3 playoff series, and Kesler only had two good series. Meanwhile Luongo showed up for all 4 and was the main reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs. Luongo was also the main reason (along with Schneider) we won the President's trophy last year.
Luongo showed up for all 4? Odd.. I seem to recall him getting benched in one series and letting up 13 goals on the road in another while being pulled twice.

and what does playoffs have to do with regular season?

Closed Thread