HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIII: "The 11th Hour" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Miz

vCash: 500
I wonder, with the way Jeremy Jacobs influenced these negotiations, if he pissed his chances away of signing big free agents in the future?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I guess I'm ''cautiously'' optimistic too. This is the best we've heard the whole lockout right? Trying not to get too comfortable though. I don't think Burton is BS'ing. Though I've wondered if his sources are feeding him crap. I just can't see a whole season nuked. It just doesn't make sense, and I've been about 60/40 the end of this would come by mid January at the latest. Like the 94/95 lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz View Post
I wonder, with the way Jeremy Jacobs influenced these negotiations, if he pissed his chances away of signing big free agents in the future?
Some Bruins fans have said they're a little concerned with that. He couldn't have made too many friends with this. I don't see anything drastic though.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
When this is over I'll tell everybody the timeline of events that I heard. I think it's over early morning tomorrow morning. I was told we are going to see a Fehr and Bettman "no sleep press" conference at noon tomorrow. This is what my buddy told me about a minute ago...

I was also told TSN has it's full crew in Manhattan. Look you can slap an E4 on this. I'm not an insider, I know if I was reading this I'd be like "********" but I've been friends with this guy since High School. I went to his wedding. He's in my fantasy football league. He has no reason to BS me. What I'm trying to say is this isn't a casual friend or some dude online...

Also, I don't want you guys to think this was done yesterday. It sounds a lot like the big meeting in Boston yesterday was with a few owners
Bettman and the Fehr brothers led to the breakthrough we have been waiting for. I'm sure anything can happen and if I'm wrong I'm sorry. I really debated sharing this info because I don't want to jinx it and I don't want to look like an *******...
No way I'm sleeping or getting work done tonight. Thanks .

Old
12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
When this is over I'll tell everybody the timeline of events that I heard. I think it's over early morning tomorrow morning. I was told we are going to see a Fehr and Bettman "no sleep press" conference at noon tomorrow. This is what my buddy told me about a minute ago...

I was also told TSN has it's full crew in Manhattan. Look you can slap an E4 on this. I'm not an insider, I know if I was reading this I'd be like "********" but I've been friends with this guy since High School. I went to his wedding. He's in my fantasy football league. He has no reason to BS me. What I'm trying to say is this isn't a casual friend or some dude online...

Also, I don't want you guys to think this was done yesterday. It sounds a lot like the big meeting in Boston yesterday was with a few owners
Bettman and the Fehr brothers led to the breakthrough we have been waiting for. I'm sure anything can happen and if I'm wrong I'm sorry. I really debated sharing this info because I don't want to jinx it and I don't want to look like an *******...
You're making it very difficult for me to not get my hopes up.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Doubt it. If the money's there free agents will sign there.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
SoS: When this is over I'll tell everybody the timeline of events that I heard. I think it's over early morning tomorrow morning. I was told we are going to see a Fehr and Bettman "no sleep press" conference at noon tomorrow. This is what my buddy told me about a minute ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
No way I'm sleeping or getting work done tonight. Thanks .
Yeah and I have a final exam tomorrow... haven't been able to focus all day. Let's hope at least one thing is accomplished and the NHL is on its way back!

Old
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I really hope you're right.

On a related note, I told myself that I wouldn't go to sleep until news after the end of the meeting came out online. That seems like a bad idea now. Maybe a power nap?

Old
12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Lundsanity30

It's a good sign that Dreger confirming progress made. He's a no b.s. rumor guy. He only reports facts

Old
12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
I just read an article over on yahoo saying the lockout is killing all the merchants surrounding the arenas in the Canadian cities. The owners may have over played their position and damaged the local area that supports them.

I hope the communities can recover enough lost revenue to sustain them during the next off season. That is if we ever get to playing this season.

On the cell phone so no link but you can find it over on yahoo dot com

Old
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Wirtz was terrible human being but when he threw $$$ at people they took it without hesitation or consideration of situation

If I was offered a job from someone I hate but the $$$ was good ,, I take it without 2nd thought

Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Funny SOS mentioned the TSN crew in NY... I saw their last web hit and wondered why it was a two camera shoot? Ud think that if this was just another bs meeting they wouldn't send that much... Cover it from their studios in T.O. And have the reporters check in via 1 cam.

Then I remembered the Board of Governor meetings tomorrow.

Hopefully the reason SOS gave is why.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Wirtz was terrible human being but when he threw $$$ at people they took it without hesitation or consideration of situation

If I was offered a job from someone I hate but the $$$ was good ,, I take it without 2nd thought
Agreed, at the end of the day money talks. Especially when it is a guy you really won't have to interact with all that much. And his team is in one of the most desirable locales in the US.

12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
JDMSG

Quote:
No way, money talks. The players made that very clear throughout this lockout

Old
12-04-2012, 08:38 PM
nevesis

“@stevezipay: Owners, Bettman return from dinner. Meetings will continue tonight at hotel”

Old
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Josh Rimer @JoshRimerHockey
Now it appears both Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr will be joining tonight's meetings.

Scurred

Old
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Now it appears both Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr will be joining tonight's meetings.

Scurred
In the immortal words of Homer S...

Doh!

(Actually that's a good sign isn't it?)

Old
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:

Scurred
Am I the only one who thinks that's a good sign?

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
turcotte8

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Bettman to Burkle and Crosby: “Stop being the voice of reason or I tell everyone about how we ig-rayed that aft-dray ottery-lay.”

Old
12-04-2012, 08:56 PM
UDnyr92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
It was gonna be the next step one way or another...

The fact it already happened, I have to think it's a good sign, especially with all the positive vibes from the first part of the meeting. It's so hard not to get optimistic with every sign of progress.

Old
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
It probably is. Doesn't make me less nervous though.

Old
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Bettman to Burkle and Crosby: “Stop being the voice of reason or I tell everyone about how we ig-rayed that aft-dray ottery-lay.”
Holy ****.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

bettman and fehr joining is probably the best sign you could ask for...it means theyve gone from discussion to negotiation.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Holy ****.
I hate hearing those 2 names...

Old
12-04-2012, 09:20 PM
CM PUNK

@drosennhl: Meetings have resumed. Bettman and Fehr are NOT in the room, as was originally planned.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Lundsanity30

Yay come to an agreement and only then bring those 2 in

Closed Thread