HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: the continuing saga ...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
  #301
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Luongo showed up for all 4? Odd.. I seem to recall him getting benched in one series and letting up 13 goals on the road in another while being pulled twice.

and what does playoffs have to do with regular season?
The only canuck that shows up EVERY GAME is JANNIK ****ING HANSEN

luongo321 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
  #302
Hemsky4PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Billeting Ales
Posts: 6,565
vCash: 500
Luongo for Kipprusoff would actually be an interesting trade...

Smart money is still on Florida or Toronto. Probably Toronto (Markstrom looks like the future for the Panthers).

Hemsky4PM is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
  #303
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I also want to know what makes Price and Rinne better. Apparently Kesler and the Sedins somehow make it easier for Luongo to stop the puck, but having Weber and Suter as well as a team system built solely around team defense doesn't have any affect on Rinne. This is getting hilarious.

Not to mention Thomas turning 39 soon and being an extreme political nut job who makes himself look worse with every interview.
Cannot see how people consider Thomas more valuable/better at his age and off ice personality, but then use age as a factor to discredit Luongo.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
  #304
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
The only canuck that shows up EVERY GAME is JANNIK ****ING HANSEN
Please stop quoting him.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:56 PM
  #305
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
So what makes:

Fleury:
Better contract, younger, Stanley cup ring, similar stats last season

Thomas:
Better contract, Stanley cup ring, better stats last year

Miller:
Year younger, better contract, similar stats last year

Kiprusoff:
Better Contract, better stats last year

Halak:
Better contract, younger, WAY BETTER stats last year

Brodeur(right now):
Arguably best goaltender of all time.

Price:
Better contract, younger, similar stats last year

Better? I left space for you to fill in.


Man that was fun. I love disproving you guys. You made it too easy though. Thanks for playing.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
  #306
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Man that was fun. I love disproving you guys. You made it too easy though. Thanks for playing.
If solid arguments were able to be built on personal opinion and words without numbers and facts to back it up, people like Bill O'Reilly and Tucker Carlson would be held in much higher regard than they are now and Fox News wouldn't be a huge joke. That's all I will say to that. Definitely one of the poorest arguments I've seen in these threads. And just in case you couldn't read between the lines, you just proved jack ****.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
  #307
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
If solid arguments were able to be built on personal opinion and words without numbers and facts to back it up, people like Bill O'Reilly and Tucker Carlson would be held in much higher regard than they are now and Fox News wouldn't be a huge joke. That's all I will say to that. Definitely one of the poorest arguments I've seen in these threads.
Built on facts my friend. Truth hurts doesn't it? As soon as it's not in Vancouvers favor you demand more like you're entitled too. All I'm going off of is what was reported.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  #308
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Man that was fun. I love disproving you guys. You made it too easy though. Thanks for playing.

Guess Kulemin is garbage if we're only looking at last year...

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  #309
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 1785
When a Kipper has a .921 vs Luongo's .919 it's "better stats" but when Fleury has a .913 it's "similar stats".

How convenient.

kthsn is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
  #310
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,930
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
If solid arguments were able to be built on personal opinion and words without numbers and facts to back it up, people like Bill O'Reilly and Tucker Carlson would be held in much higher regard than they are now and Fox News wouldn't be a huge joke. That's all I will say to that. Definitely one of the poorest arguments I've seen in these threads. And just in case you couldn't read between the lines, you just proved jack ****.
Have to love "similar stats" is used for every goalie Luongo actually beat. What I find more amusing is how having a better contract somehow makes you a better player.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
  #311
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Guess Kulemin is garbage if we're only looking at last year...
The majority of Vancouver fans seem to think so. So I'll play your game.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
  #312
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Have to love "similar stats" is used for every goalie Luongo actually beat. What I find more amusing is how having a better contract somehow makes you a better player.
It only makes you worth more. His contract hinders his value, but you all refuse to think so, even though I know you all know so.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM
  #313
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
I JUST WANT BJUGSTAD

luongo321 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:07 PM
  #314
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
When a Kipper has a .921 vs Luongo's .919 it's "better stats" but when Fleury has a .913 it's "similar stats".

How convenient.
Not just based on save percentage. There's average, shutouts, wins.. They all play a factor.

The point was that Luongo is on a terrible contract and is already old to begin with. If he was 25 on this contract, I'd be paying through the nose.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
  #315
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I JUST WANT BJUGSTAD
but do you want just BJUGSTAD ?

palindrom is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
  #316
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Not just based on save percentage. There's average, shutouts, wins.. They all play a factor.

The point was that Luongo is on a terrible contract and is already old to begin with. If he was 25 on this contract, I'd be paying through the nose.
would you pay through the nose for Carey Price?

palindrom is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
  #317
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Built on facts my friend. Truth hurts doesn't it? As soon as it's not in Vancouvers favor you demand more like you're entitled too. All I'm going off of is what was reported.
This is the NHL, my friend. No one is entitled to **** outside their own opinions. Clearly you have the opinion that Luongo is a worse goaltender because your opinion on contracts, your opinion on age, your opinion on the relevancy of a Stanley Cup ring to a player (Adam Burish has one, I guess he's a better player than Phil Kessel?), and your opinion on how to interpret statistics. All of those stances were made clear in your last post. In case you missed Debates 101, I'm sorry but fact <> opinion. There is very little universal truth in your argument. A true like Luongo posted a .928 SV% in 2010-11 or that he won the Jennings along with Schneider that season. Those are facts, not what you took 3 minutes to spew out going off the top of your head.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  #318
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,930
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
It only makes you worth more. His contract hinders his value, but you all refuse to think so, even though I know you all know so.
No, no. You're changing the argument now. You said "xzy were better goalies." There was no mention of value, which is an entirely different argument.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
  #319
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
would you pay through the nose for Carey Price?
For a young franchise goalie, sure. Who wouldn't

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
  #320
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Not just based on save percentage. There's average, shutouts, wins.. They all play a factor.

The point was that Luongo is on a terrible contract and is already old to begin with. If he was 25 on this contract, I'd be paying through the nose.
It's not a terrible contract. Scott gomez has a terrible contract. Lu can get the Leafs into the playoffs. What are the stats on how long you guys have been out of the playoffs? You can't put a price on that value. Yeah, Lu is priceless to your team. Hope he doesn't go there though.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
  #321
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,036
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Also your argument on Brodeur vs. Luongo is hands-down the worst argument I've ever seen on HF. You couldn't go off your own criteria of what makes him better than Luongo (because you can't) and shifted your criteria to fit your poorly developed narrative. I find it quite funny, where I am from we call that a joke.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
  #322
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
For a young franchise goalie, sure. Who wouldn't
Then lets make a deal! i am mainly a Montreal fan.

My one condition, in any deal, i dont want any goalie coming back,

we open a new thread for it?

palindrom is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
  #323
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Then lets make a deal! i am mainly a Montreal fan.

My one condition, in any deal, i dont want any goalie coming back,

we open a new thread for it?
Bozak and a 3rd?

luongo321 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
  #324
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Then lets make a deal! i am mainly a Montreal fan.

My one condition, in any deal, i dont want any goalie coming back,

we open a new thread for it?
Who would be your #1?

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
  #325
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Bozak and a 3rd?
its not my definition of paying through the nose.

palindrom is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.