HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 500
I think all the players are forwards except for Hainsey and Miller lol.

If this ends after an hour with the same 'ol *****ing and moaning then it's all out war and whoever gave out that story to the Boston relorter was just doing it to apply pr pressure, or derail a deal.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I think all the players are forwards except for Hainsey and Miller lol.

If this ends after an hour with the same 'ol *****ing and moaning then it's all out war and whoever gave out that story to the Boston relorter was just doing it to apply pr pressure, or derail a deal.
NO PROGRESS IN CBA NEGOTIATIONS! We don't know what the next step is blah blah blah blah!

In before the updates!

Old
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Lupul
Isn't he playing the KHL right now? Didn't see anywhere that he'd be at the meeting today.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Are these all the pro Jacobs/hardline owners? I don't see Leipold there or did I miss something?

Old
12-04-2012, 02:12 PM
manilaNJ

Well, the league is pretty transparent in sending Vinik over Yzerman for Tampa and Burkle over Lemieux for Pittsburgh.

Other than that you've got Winnipeg & Vancouver who you have to assume want to play.
With the Feaster operates, I can't be certain about Calgary's desires right now. But he's been alongside Jacobs all along.

The guys there are basically all "money" guys regardles, so the bottom line will be just as important as it's always been for owners in these meetings.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Yeah Edwards from Calgary haha. Another hypocrite ******* like Jacobs. Don't Calgary have a bloated payroll with half their guys on no trade clauses?

Old
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
So this Steve Burton guy is a fraud?! WTF!

No but seriously I never bought it anyway. Either the guy made it up to sound credible, or was fed disinformation.

Hey look though dumbass Eklund's optimism meter went up though! It was this high a couple days ago before dropping yesterday LOL!
I think the guy's got enough of a rep that he didn't make it up - this isn't NHLline.com saying we signed Souray to get hits - and he wouldn't have been put on the air without having at least one (and you would think/hope more) high-placed source.

If it's still status quo over the next few days then you have to ask why the leak was put out there. Could have been for PR to put pressure on one side or the other, or could have been a way to undermine the deal - especially given where the leak came from.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I think the guy's got enough of a rep that he didn't make it up - this isn't NHLline.com saying we signed Souray to get hits - and he wouldn't have been put on the air without having at least one (and you would think/hope more) high-placed source.

If it's still status quo over the next few days then you have to ask why the leak was put out there. Could have been for PR to put pressure on one side or the other, or could have been a way to undermine the deal - especially given where the leak came from.
I think the guy was given some kind of disinformation if I had to guess. It's no coincidence either that he's out of Boston.

I'm not sure if Dreger answered it, or if Lebrun had addressed it either. Last I looked they hadn't. Mckenzie just said he knows nothing about it, but can't say if it's true or untrue. It is funny they all disappeared from twitter yesterday around noon though, and didn't come back until early this morning.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Four hours and still meeting...this has already lasted about as long as the last five meetings combined

Old
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
I think it's more along the lines of the NHLPA stalling this situation to its current condition. I don't think Fehr came out of retirement to help get this thing solved amiably. Nothing he has done has been productive to finding a CBA for this year.

Instead of crying about a lowball offer, perhaps offer a highball offer. Instead of letting the 82game schedule come and pass, make a real offer to save the season. Literally do something instead of putting an offer on a napkin and not checking the numbers would suffice. The most frustrating thing for me is that Fehr does not seem interested in saving this season and continues stalling and posturing.

How does a league, who is trying to get the floor down, going to accept a proposal where you want the floor to be linked from a % and go higher than before and cause a 24 million gap from ceiling to floor? Add in the guaranteed share clause and no wonder the league said get lost.

I really do hate Bettman and Daly and the league's ownership in general, but Fehr has taken the league hostage for no endgame.
Is there anyone in this process that you CAN'T say that about?

Fehr isn't in this to save a season, and that's not why the PA hired him. They hired him so they could get the best deal possible, knowing full well that they were supposed to get screwed in these negotiations.

At this point, I'm all for it. I hope every owner of an NHL team gets one punch in the face from each player he employs when this is all said and done.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:23 PM
apice3*

Wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs leaked false info to Burton. That way when the players don't have a proposal to offer, they look like idiots.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Ya that gongshow was total crap and handled poorly if you ask me. I can support the first Kovy deal getting denied, but putting a distinct line in the sand was a bad idea. Trying to punish team in the past in this CBA is stupid if you ask me.
Even worse was the fact that the line in the sand did nothing to stop the contracts from happening, it just set the maximum amount of absurdity that would be tolerated in them, which it turns out ended up being a lot. Only punishing the Devils is still ridiculous.

Quote:
Yeah Edwards from Calgary haha. Another hypocrite ******* like Jacobs. Don't Calgary have a bloated payroll with half their guys on no trade clauses?
And more importantly, I think, they are very unlikely to make the playoffs this year. Calgary's owner may think he doesn't have much to lose in terms of competitiveness for his team.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
manilaNJ

Apparently things are going somewhat well (as in not a total **** show).

And Ron Burkle is apparently the voice of reason...

And as I'm typing this, looks like they're inviting Fehr & Bettman into the meeting.
Time to cross those fingers that they don't blow it all to hell.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Good news. Hope they can keep making progress

Old
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Apparently things are going somewhat well (as in not a total **** show).

And Ron Burkle is apparently the voice of reason...

And as I'm typing this, looks like they're inviting Fehr & Bettman into the meeting.
Time to cross those fingers that they don't blow it all to hell
I actually think since it is now 10PM in New York that them heading into meetings is good sign

Wouldn't show up unless something positive was happening

Old
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I actually think since it is now 10PM in New York that them heading into meetings is good sign

Wouldn't show up unless something positive was happening
When Blackhawkswincup sees something positive happening, does this mean something positive is happening?

Old
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Ya, I take the meeting going this late as a good sign too. I'm sure they'll find a way to **** it all up though.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
When Blackhawkswincup sees something positive happening, does this mean something positive is happening?
I also thought Grossman wouldn't screw up SB in Feb of 2007 ,, So dont read too much into my positive thoughts

Your bound to be depressed soon enough like I and rest of Chicago were that night

Old
12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I'm kinda worried about Bettman, and Fehr coming in. Not so much Bettman, but Fehr. The ego of Fehr makes me question how would he feel if progress was made with him left out?

Old
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
manilaNJ

Now people are saying Fehr and Bettman won't be joining in tonight.

I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of bored reporters standing around doing nothing but tweeting...

Last edited by manilaNJ: 12-04-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 09:34 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
I'm kinda worried about Bettman, and Fehr coming in. Not so much Bettman, but Fehr. The ego of Fehr makes me question how would he feel if progress was made with him left out?
I really don't think that's a factor, especially if you have guys like Crosby and Toews in the room endorsing the progress. Fehr can't go against the 'entire' union, especially the stars. If anything, this whole meeting really is starting to look like a setup (in a good way, this time).

It wouldn't shock me if Bettman/Fehr really did negotiate in secret while everyone was focusing on the week it supposedly took to figure out who was going to be in a room, in a meeting conveniently timed with the BOG meeting tomorrow. And all this 'progress' is owners and players informing the other camp what's been agreed to in secret already and hashing out minor details.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 12-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
manilaNJ

As much as I would be grateful if it were true..

this "Crosby & the Penguins save the NHL!" narrative that has begun to circulate has already got me nauseated.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
As much as I would be grateful if it were true..

this "Crosby & the Penguins save the NHL!" narrative that has begun to circulate has already got me nauseated.
That's actually part of why I'm convinced this is an orchestrated setup

Old
12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
manilaNJ

A blatantly contrived narrative is beyond nauseating. Guaranteed vomit.

I'll do my best to make sure I am as close to the NHL store as possible if this rumor somehow gets confirmation.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Dude on the Rangers forum that's a regular poster is backing up the Burton report. Said his friend is good friends with Burton, and he trusts all of this. I don't think Burton is making any of this up. If anything whoever told Burton this might be making this up if it turns out to be false.

Closed Thread