HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Where is camp being held? Would be smart to hold it in Belleville with their large ice sheet.

Last edited by wings5: 12-04-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
tourlord*

catenacci is making this team!

Old
12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Where is camp being held. Would be smart to hold it in Belleville with their large ice sheet.
Its in Calgary. Im assuming the reason for that is travel purposes. It would be stupid to have guys from out west fly to Ontario only to have a longer flight over to Europe.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:11 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Where is camp being held? Would be smart to hold it in Belleville with their large ice sheet.
WinSport Calgary, which has an international surface, along with three NA surfaces.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:11 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Its in Calgary. Im assuming the reason for that is travel purposes. It would be stupid to have guys from out west fly to Ontario only to have a longer flight over to Europe.
Are they at least training on international ice though?

Old
12-04-2012, 10:19 PM
canucksPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
He gets a lot of help from MacKinnon. He isn't as good as his stats say. He will probably be a top-10 pick, but there are a few better players than him (like Barkov, for example)
I know that there are players better than him haha, and Barkov is a special player, there is no doubt in my mind that he goes straight to the NHL, but its becoming a commonality for talented players to go the NHL straight out of the draft. He is near as good as his numbers say, I have watched him play on numerous occasions. To be in the same level of draftee as let's say, Lindholm and Monahan, is quite the feat, and that is where he is at. I personally don't think his game is NHL ready, but you really never know with talented prospects. Guys like Skinner and Burmistrov can make the NHL as 18 year olds. Drouin has a lot to offer, and in near a years time, there is a lot of progress to be made.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
I don't understand why they wouldn't invite Theo and keep the line together from Niagara? Am I being horribly biased in wondering this?

Old
12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Rattie
McNeill-Jenner-Wilson
Camara-Danault-Ritchie

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Murphy-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington
Brossoit

This is Bob McKenzie's currently projected depth chart. I still think it would be a mistake to not include Drouin/MacKinnon
McKenzie's in love with Hudon. I think it would be a huge mistake to count on Hudon to produce in a top-6 role. That's not to say he's not good offensively or won't produce, I just think he'd be best in more of a Freddie Hamilton role: shut-down third-liner, first option on PK, and also quietly was 4th in points on TC last year.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Smallz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
McKenzie's in love with Hudon. I think it would be a huge mistake to count on Hudon to produce in a top-6 role. That's not to say he's not good offensively or won't produce, I just think he'd be best in more of a Freddie Hamilton role: shut-down third-liner, first option on PK, and also quietly was 4th in points on TC last year.
agreed

and I'd be shocked if Hudon is in Canada's top six over MacKinnon

Old
12-04-2012, 10:38 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
WinSport Calgary, which has an international surface, along with three NA surfaces.
Ok thats good, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
I don't understand why they wouldn't invite Theo and keep the line together from Niagara? Am I being horribly biased in wondering this?
Theoret is being carried by those two on that line not good enough. On another note I have no clue why Percy was left off for someone like Pouliot, they already have plenty offensive type defenceman and Pouliot has very little chance to make it imo.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

What's the reason for Brendan Leipsic being left off the roster? You know the guy 4th in whl scoring.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:50 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
What's the reason for Brendan Leipsic being left off the roster? You know the guy 4th in whl scoring.
Didnt realize he was doing so good, and he would be a great checker in a defensive role.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:54 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Theoret is being carried by those two on that line not good enough. On another note I have no clue why Percy was left off for someone like Pouliot, they already have plenty offensive type defenceman and Pouliot has very little chance to make it imo.
While he isn't the fastest skater, he isn't "being carried". If you go back to when those three first got put together by Williamson you may be able to recall Ritchie getting called out in the paper about only having 1 goal to that point in the season, and Strome being criticized as a floater and having no heart/desire. While he may not be as good as his two linemates, saying Theoret is being carried is wrong.

And you'd think that any chemistry you can get would be a jumpstart?

Old
12-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Didnt realize he was doing so good, and he would be a great checker in a defensive role.
?

Leipsic would be useless outside of a top 6 role. It's why he wasn't invited, because he obviously wouldn't have beat out the competition this year.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
?

Leipsic would be useless outside of a top 6 role. It's why he wasn't invited, because he obviously wouldn't have beat out the competition this year.
Im not so sure. He is small, but he is gritty and tough. Dirty and pesky with pretty good wheels. Not easy to make the team in a lockout year though, but it isnt completely ridiculous to throw his name out there for consideration imo.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Im not so sure. He is small, but he is gritty and tough. Dirty and pesky with pretty good wheels. Not easy to make the team in a lockout year though, but it isnt completely ridiculous to throw his name out there for consideration imo.
I'm guessing that that was simply the reason HC chose not to invite him.

If the lockout ends, perhaps things change.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
?

He would not be useless in the bottom 6, but I don't think he would make this team with all that is out there to choose from. I wasn't complaining that he wasn't picked, hopefully next year. He would be a great penalty killer and he hits like he is a foot taller.
youtube him, if you haven't seen him play

Old
12-04-2012, 11:30 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
I know that there are players better than him haha, and Barkov is a special player, there is no doubt in my mind that he goes straight to the NHL, but its becoming a commonality for talented players to go the NHL straight out of the draft. He is near as good as his numbers say, I have watched him play on numerous occasions. To be in the same level of draftee as let's say, Lindholm and Monahan, is quite the feat, and that is where he is at. I personally don't think his game is NHL ready, but you really never know with talented prospects. Guys like Skinner and Burmistrov can make the NHL as 18 year olds. Drouin has a lot to offer, and in near a years time, there is a lot of progress to be made.
I don't think he makes it next year. There's still things he can work on and get bigger... As for "feeding off MacKinnon" I don't buy into that. If you watch him night in night out you can see he has the skill and ability to make others around him better... I wish they'd split them up in Halifax for experient purposes haha.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Little disappointed that Adam Lowry didn't get an invite.

I didn't think his chances for cracking the team (in a bottom six role) were great, but I thought he had a very good chance of getting an invite.

I know his skating isn't that great, so maybe it played larger into consideration due to the bigger ice surface.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:50 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Could have been this years Brad Marchand.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
leafsfuture

My opinion:
Liepsic wasnt invited because the only notable about him during the Summer Series was the inability of announcers to say his name.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:39 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
My opinion:
Liepsic wasnt invited because the only notable about him during the Summer Series was the inability of announcers to say his name.
Well, if you had watched him play in the WHL final last year you would know that he is a player and has value. Im guessing you didnt so we are left to enjoy comments like the above.

Btw, he scored four goals tonight.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:55 AM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
My opinion:
Just because the summer series was the only time you've seen a player doesn't mean that's the only time hc has seen a player. People on here are putting way too much stock in a couple of games played in August

Old
12-05-2012, 02:10 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Just because the summer series was the only time you've seen a player doesn't mean that's the only time hc has seen a player. People on here are putting way too much stock in a couple of games played in August
My point is that you can tear up the WHL, but if you fail to impress in games of high value, it hurts your chances.

Stats would say he deserves a spot over Ty Rattie. The Summer Series said otherwise

Old
12-05-2012, 02:19 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
This is Bob McKenzie's currently projected depth chart. I still think it would be a mistake to not include Drouin/MacKinnon
Agreed.

I also think it'd also be a mistake to have Scheifele/Camara and Strome/Ritchie on the team and then not play them together too.

Considering Strome's chemistry with Huberdeau and Ritchie, I think that could be a dynamite line.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like:

Huberdeau-Strome-Ritchie
Camara-RNH-Scheifele
Danault-Jenner-Rattie
Drouin-MacKinnon-Wilson

Closed Thread