HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 6.0 - "Gally Got Backhand" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
We don't have any center prospects ready to graduate to the AHL for next year though.
Pribyl can play center if they bring him over. Walsh I believe has played center but not sure if he gets signed or not. Plus the team is looking like it's going to have a number of rookies again, so hopefully next time around they opt to mix in better vets. Sarault just isn't impressive to me other then for the ECHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I don't really see many of our own offensive center prospects who can play for the dogs next season... This assuming gally makes the big club. Sarault would be a good option. Any player with proven chemistry with gally should be given a chance if they have upside
Nattinen, Holland, Quailer, Pribyl, etc... I don't think Sarault would be a good option from the games i've seen of him, not sure what Gally has to do with it since they wouldn't be on the same team.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Pribyl can play center if they bring him over. Walsh I believe has played center but not sure if he gets signed or not. Plus the team is looking like it's going to have a number of rookies again, so hopefully next time around they opt to mix in better vets. Sarault just isn't impressive to me other then for the ECHL.

Nattinen, Holland, Quailer, Pribyl, etc... I don't think Sarault would be a good option from the games i've seen of him, not sure what Gally has to do with it since they wouldn't be on the same team.
Well i figure they sign prospects in hopes that they make the big club. So eventually they would play together if he impressed.

And if nattinen, holland or quailer are centering a top 6 line, the bulldogs will have more problems next season. Pribyl i cant judge because i havn't seen him play.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Well i figure they sign prospects in hopes that they make the big club. So eventually they would play together if he impressed.

And if nattinen, holland or quailer are centering a top 6 line, the bulldogs will have more problems next season. Pribyl i cant judge because i havn't seen him play.
I wouldn't say that, i'm sure they hope said player makes the NHL but I can't believe that anyone that works for the Habs thought guys like Philippe Lefebvre, Robert Mayer, Olivier Michaud, etc... were ever going to make the NHL. But you need depth in the organization.

So do you think Sarault is better then Nattinen, Holland or Quailer? Also I don't see why the Dogs will have more problems next season if one is a top 6 center next year.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Et le But

Nattinen and Holland would probably be good centers at the AHL level with the right pieces around them. Actually it would probably be good for their development, as both have shown they can produce when not put with Sortini and Hagel on the 4th line. I'm not so sure about Quailer as a center.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Say goodbye to Sarnia and welcome to Montreal Galy.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Lockout is far from over.

One thing I am soooo not looking forward to is the should Galchenyuk be on the roster or not debate if it does get settled.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Don't jinx it por favor.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
One thing I am soooo not looking forward to is the should Galchenyuk be on the roster or not debate if it does get settled.
I disagree, I think it could be a vibrant and interesting debate.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:24 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
We could have him play for 45 games or a full season more on his ELC where he will be better than those 45 games and have him a year closer to his prime in terms of rights before he goes UFA. No brainer to me.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Not here necessarily, I was thinking more of the media, call-in shows, etc.

The people who don't fully understand contracts, the salary cap, player development, the positive effects of the WJC, etc. The people who think ''of course he's better than Gomez or Bourque, he should be on the team'' when the decision is a lot more complicated than that.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
even if the lockout does end,MTL will be smart and keep him with sarnia for the remaining of the year.Hes doing very good in the OHL right now and will also play a big role for team USA in the WJC.IMO he will be a lock for next year with the habs and will start the year playing next to Plekanec

Old
12-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Makander

Quote:
Not here necessarily, I was thinking more of the media, call-in shows, etc.

The people who don't fully understand contracts, the salary cap, player development, the positive effects of the WJC, etc. The people who think ''of course he's better than Gomez or Bourque, he should be on the team'' when the decision is a lot more complicated than that.
Actually it isnt, if Michel Therrien think his team is better with Galchenyuk im pretty sure he wont care about the ELC, the WJC and all that. And i don't think Bergevin would tell Therrien to put a lesser team on team the ice.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:31 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makander View Post
Actually it isnt, if Michel Therrien think his team is better with Galchenyuk im pretty sure he wont care about the ELC, the WJC and all that. And i don't think Bergevin would tell Therrien to put a lesser team on team the ice.
He doesn't have to, Therrien will do it on his own

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Kovatar

If he dominates the world juniors I say give him a 9 game tryout.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Anyone who knows a thing or two about players development is that promoting young talent too soon to the NHL is a big mistake. Players often don't get enough confidence going in the big league and once they make the jump it can hard for them to benefit from the experience they gain.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:37 AM
Beendair Donedat

When you have an elite level talent kid coming off an injury that set him back a YEAR in his development, you don't rush him to the NHL. The Habs nearly ruined an elite talent in Guy LaFleur by rushing him to the big show. Let the kid develop at his own pace, he's going to be here for a long time (hopefully). Another year or two in the minors isn't going to hurt anyone, and will only help the player and the team's long term developmental strategy.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:42 AM
PricePkPatch

Plus, if the Dogs move to Laval, that will give him some French exposure without pressuring him too much in the Bell C.

Old
12-05-2012, 04:44 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Plus, if the Dogs move to Laval, that will give him some French exposure without pressuring him too much in the Bell C.
The only way Galchenyuk ever even touches AHL ice is if the Dogs make the playoffs this summer and Sarnia doesn't, or if he ever needs a conditioning stint.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

A shortened seasons will be so good for the habs... No matter how hard they will try, they will most likely suck. They will have a nice draft pick and can draft another high end offensive talent and start to rise like the hawks did with Toews and Kane

Old
12-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
The only way Galchenyuk ever even touches AHL ice is if the Dogs make the playoffs this summer and Sarnia doesn't, or if he ever needs a conditioning stint.
Agreed, I don't see Gally starting the year with the Dogs. He will most probably make the jump to the NHL after his Junior career

Old
12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makander View Post
Bergevin is the GM, he'll have a say in it and he's been very clear that he doesn't want to rush players.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:55 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I really don't see the pressure being lower in Laval... the same media guys will go there to watch him and report a bunch of crap the next day to stir **** and sell papers.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
even if the lockout does end,MTL will be smart and keep him with sarnia for the remaining of the year.Hes doing very good in the OHL right now and will also play a big role for team USA in the WJC.IMO he will be a lock for next year with the habs and will start the year playing next to Plekanec
I agree. If there's a season our forward group should look something like this.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Gomez-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-White-Prust

There's no reason yet to force Galchenyuk into the line-up when we have no idea who will have chemistry with whom on our new more offensive, agressive system that we're gonna have. For all we know all of Gomez, Armstrong, Bourque and White could all be gone next season, it's going to be way less complicated for Therrien to put Galchenyuk into the line-up.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:08 AM
FrankMTL

Posted this in the Galchenyuk thread on the prospects board...

Here are the top 10 scorers of the OHL and the percentage of their teams goals that they're been directly implicated in (subtracted games missed)

Ryan Strome: 52.6%
Seth Griffith: 42.4%
Alex Galchenyuk: 48%
Brett Ritchie: 42%
Boone Jenner: 46%
Vincent Trocheck: 42%
Mark Scheifele: 40.3%
Daniel Catenacci: 42.2%
Charles Sarault: 40.4%
Max Domi: 34.7% (draft eligible 2013)

Connor McDavid: 41.4% (draft eligible 2015)

As we can see by these stats, there's a pretty clear top 3. Strome has just been on fire the last month or so. Galchenyuk has steadily been getting better and is the only 18 year old over 45%. Jenner is a pleasant surprise for me. Even before calculating these numbers, I was a big fan, but he's got a lot of offensive potential as well. A real complete player who is vital to his teams success. Obviously these numbers don't tell the whole story, but they're interesting anyways.

Connor McDavid is already involved in over 41% of his teams offence..how good will he be in 2015 when he'll draft eligible...scary.

Old
12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
When you have an elite level talent kid coming off an injury that set him back a YEAR in his development, you don't rush him to the NHL. The Habs nearly ruined an elite talent in Guy LaFleur by rushing him to the big show. Let the kid develop at his own pace, he's going to be here for a long time (hopefully). Another year or two in the minors isn't going to hurt anyone, and will only help the player and the team's long term developmental strategy.
Lol yeah Lafleur was nearly ruined all right...

I say give him the 9 games and send him back. Habs are not gonna win anything this year anyway.

Closed Thread