HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
Ho-Sang is not physical at all I just hope he keeps his head up, he only weighs around 155lbs, he is normally the brunt of any body contact. He will need someone to stickup for him eg. Emerson Clarke. Unless he grows he will need protection as he gets better.
Thanks. So more a perimeter guy, I guess. Sounds like a good one thou. I just prefer the lil skill guys to have a bit of feistiness. It may come, with comfort level in the league and his teammates.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Seiloff makes the US WJC preliminary roster and is likely on the team.

Draft picks: Riley Barber and Blake Pietila also make the preliminary roster.

No one for any other team I believe as Pavelka turned down being the 3rd goalie.
I know alot of people bash Pavelka on this forumn but he's the only reason we're not fighting Erie for the "toilet cup". Just curious who the other goalies are that would be ahead of him. I'm guessing they looked at his stats before they made the decision.

Is Mrazek still elligible? If thats the case I can see Pav being at least back-up. Plus you guys forgot that Dekort isn't going to get playing time either. We need the wins lol

Last edited by spits2timechamps: 12-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
I know alot of people bash Pavelka on this forumn but he's the only reason we're not fighting Erie for the "toilet cup". Just curious who the other goalies are that would be ahead of him. I'm guessing they looked at his stats before they made the decision.
hey look its the first thing we can agree on

pav needs to get a good look from pro teams this coming summer ,,, kid is just a good quick goalie that has worked on hes flopping

i think pav is a top 10 ohl goalie for sure

Old
12-04-2012, 11:15 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post

pav needs to get a good look from pro teams this coming summer ,,, kid is just a good quick goalie that has worked on hes flopping

hey if we all agreed with everything each other said in this forumn Rayzor wouldn't know what to do with himself lol JK Rayzor. I think Pav will get a tryout at the end of this year. Maybe the leafs

Old
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

Is Mrazek still elligible? If thats the case I can see Pav being at least back-up. Plus you guys forgot that Dekort isn't going to get playing time either. We need the wins lol
Patrik Bartosak-Red Deer 2.36gaa .932 sv% 15-7-1
Matej Machovsky-Brampton 2.64aa .909 sv% 12-8-3-2

I can see why they would like Bartosak those numbers are pretty eye popping. Machovsky or Pavelka wasn't an easy choice I bet.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Patrik Bartosak-Red Deer 2.36gaa .932 sv% 15-7-1
Matej Machovsky-Brampton 2.64aa .909 sv% 12-8-3-2

I can see why they would like Bartosak those numbers are pretty eye popping. Machovsky or Pavelka wasn't an easy choice I bet.
Its good to see the other countries become as competitve as they are. To have a goalie like Pav getting cut is pretty impressive. Even teams like the Swiss have showed some decent skill. This is going to be a great tournament. IMHO the greatest hockey of the year is the World Junior Championship bar none.

I think honestly its going to be either Canada/US (Gold) , Russia/Sweden/Czech (Bronze)

Im Hoping its Canada (GOLD) , Sweden (SILVER) , UNDERDOG (BRONZE) tho lol

Last edited by spits2timechamps: 12-04-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:
over vauled in the eyes on windsor fans ( is what i meant )

im talking about him as a player hes not as good as everyone makes him out to be ,,,, hes first pass in hes on zone is bad

you make is sound like im saying hes the worst d-man in the league lol ..... im not saying that .... what im saying he get way to much ice time for what hes abilities r

i would never say anything about him not having heart ... he does give it 150% but my question is, do u want a guy that has to give 150% all the time to get the puck back becuase he is messing up with it or would u have a guy that is good with the puck and doesnt mess up and doesnt have to give 150% to get it back ?

im just asking if u break down that spit with a fine comb

do u like how they r made up ? and dont be a fan of the spits when u do this be a hockey fan !
The Spits need a leader and a player that plays with eart , i.e. Schoenmakers, on the ice. Have you not noticed the level of heart and effort they are giving each night has decreased since another leader that played with a lot of heart Schoenmakers left? The Spits don't have many of those players left. That's why they treasure Posa so much. If they could get another Posa they would. They need someone to lead them on the ice, to talk with them, to call plays, and Posa is that type of guy.

Of course he's not the worst d-man in the league, and I never said you said that. I said that he has earned the time he gets on the ice because of his leadership qualities. Of course Posa is no star d-man in the league, but he's not as bad as you seem to say. He plays a simple game, a thing most Spits d-man need to learn. That's why him and Sieloff get so much time.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Its good to see the other countries become as competitve as they are. To have a goalie like Pav getting cut is pretty impressive. Even teams like the Swiss have showed some decent skill. This is going to be a great tournament. IMHO the greatest hockey of the year is the World Junior Championship bar none.

I think honestly its going to be either Canada/US (Gold) , Russia/Sweden/Czech (Bronze)

Im Hoping its Canada (GOLD) , Sweden (SILVER) , UNDERDOG (BRONZE) tho lol
Compettion's gonna be tough this year. Hope the Canadians get gold this year. To see Pav getting cut is VERY surprising, considering how well and how mch he's played this season. This is going to be awesome to watch, especially with the NHL lockout.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:

Pav has really improved since he's come here. Let's keep our fingers crossed Pav will get a good shot. If Pav had awesome defence like, i.e. London, he would have probably got drafted. He could be a top 5 goalie if he played for a top team.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
OHLTG

Just found out Spits' fans donated 1,500 bears during the Teddy Bear toss, along with nearly four grand in cash and 600 toys during the Toy Drive last week. Props fans!!

Old
12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Spitsfan67*

This is just one of the reasons Posa is are Captin:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GO_SPITS_...21491798634496

Old
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
izzys

come on man dont be so blind

1) you think that is posa's money NO that is the spits money

2) posa has to do whatever the spit pr guy says he has to do

3) at the end of the day hes still a student getting paid min money playing ohl hockey.... u think he could afford that ?

im not saying posa is or isnt a good captin all im saying is he got it bc there is no one else who could wear the C

Old
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Spitsfan67*

Posa volunteered I would bet you that this kid is very religious and is an extremely nice kid, obviously it's not his money but he DID take time out of his life to do this and he always does he's the first one to voulunteer....always involved in the community. For some reason you keep trying to bring Posa down a notch either as a player or a leader, Posa isnt "The Best" defenseman BUT he is responsible and plays very solid you act as if he lets down are defense more then helps it, he's only going to throw up 15-25 points a season, but you rarely say "Common Posa" or at least I don't and I don't get worried when he gets the puck, when Bateman, Mcnoughton, Bowen and the old Ebert got the puck Im just hoping for them not to turn it over, are defense problem is the 6/7 slots ive got confidence with Sieloff,Posa,Sanvido, Murphy for now, and Knock on wood can't bielieve it but yes Ebert, Mcnoughton,Batman, Bowen aren't good enough IMO to be a # 7 and definitely not number 6...Posa is are 2nd or 3rd best dman and is the best leader for this team.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
come on man dont be so blind

1) you think that is posa's money NO that is the spits money

2) posa has to do whatever the spit pr guy says he has to do

3) at the end of the day hes still a student getting paid min money playing ohl hockey.... u think he could afford that ?

im not saying posa is or isnt a good captin all im saying is he got it bc there is no one else who could wear the C
Do you have something against him? I've never seen someone so anti...well, Posa...before. I don't think anyone was saying he used his own money for the gifts, but he's doing a helluva good thing for the kids and I've never seen him upset when it comes to public appearances.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Do you have something against him? I've never seen someone so anti...well, Posa...before. I don't think anyone was saying he used his own money for the gifts, but he's doing a helluva good thing for the kids and I've never seen him upset when it comes to public appearances.
I don't think he's being anti Posa at all, just being realistic. Posa plays hard and is steady, but let's be realistic on an elite team, he's a 5 or 6 dman; even on this year's team, I would take Sieloff, Ebert, and Murphy before Posa; also, I would've kept Braithwaite over Posa.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
I don't think he's being anti Posa at all, just being realistic. Posa plays hard and is steady, but let's be realistic on an elite team, he's a 5 or 6 dman; even on this year's team, I would take Sieloff, Ebert, and Murphy before Posa; also, I would've kept Braithwaite over Posa.
I wouldn't take Ebert, Murphy, or Braithwait over him at all. Murphy should surpass him, but that's down the road.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:18 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I wouldn't take Ebert, Murphy, or Braithwait over him at all. Murphy should surpass him, but that's down the road.
Wow you wouldn't take Ebert over Posa? Ebert has been more productive in his career, been drafted in the NHL. Posa is 2 years older than Ebert and still not outplaying Ebert. Do you think Posa would have put up the same numbers Ebert did as a 16 year old playing with Ellis? The answer is absolutely not.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:26 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
This x100. I didn't want either Braithwaite or Posa because I wanted better production from the OA's on Windsor. Even before the Schoenmakers trade Windsor maybe had the worst group of OA's in the league, needless to say the Spits aren't getting much from their OA's and Posa is part of that group.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
OHLTG

I knew it was all about goals and assists. Screw what happens in the room, or if a player is good defensively. If he can't put up big-time points, he's not worthy of a top spot. Am I right?

Old
12-05-2012, 05:11 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
I knew it was all about goals and assists. Screw what happens in the room, or if a player is good defensively. If he can't put up big-time points, he's not worthy of a top spot. Am I right?
lol yeah theres no room for guys like H. Young, B. Angel, B. Shuntron, M. Weber, and Sandivo.

It seems points always come up in this forumn to determine a players skill. lol I thought we were talking about a DEFENCEmen? or are you guys not in tune of what that position intels? We might as well put up 5 forwards the way you guys are talking, Screw defence we need to score LOL

Old
12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
izzys

Quote:
hes not saying this at alll ... hes saying that what if u do look at the best teams in the league who is there top defenceman ?

in todays legue u have different roles and if u dont have offence from your back end you team cant hang ....

GUYS im just trying to be real about our spits .... and with posa i dont hate the kid at all , its good that he gives hes time to do things , but at the end of the day its not hes choice to did it, since hes the captin he has to do whatever managment says..........

i know alot of ppl on here think they know hockey but unless u have played/lived it you really dont know the whole story. there is alot that goes on behind the seens

the way this team is build is **** plain an simply and it all falls on WR an BB

Old
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This x100. I didn't want either Braithwaite or Posa because I wanted better production from the OA's on Windsor. Even before the Schoenmakers trade Windsor maybe had the worst group of OA's in the league, needless to say the Spits aren't getting much from their OA's and Posa is part of that group.
Izzys that looks like its exactly what he is saying

Old
12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
hes not saying this at alll ... hes saying that what if u do look at the best teams in the league who is there top defenceman ?

in todays legue u have different roles and if u dont have offence from your back end you team cant hang ....
You just contradicted yourself...

"He's not saying (points are the key) at alll...."

"If you don't have offence from your back end you team can't hang..."

So you guys believe points ARE the key to players.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
You're completely wrong. My point is Ebert has been more productive in his career and in shorter time as compared to Posa. There are more productive or at least equal to Posa OA D in the OHL compared to Posa eg. Miller, O'Connor, Silas, Cardwell, Wind, Beukeboom, Schemitsch, Petgrave, Hughes, Levi. The Spits have some of the worst OA's in the league that's a fact and they need more production out of all the current ones. No it's not about putting up big time numbers it's just the fact he isn't capable of playing in all situations and you have to watch his minutes because he can't handle a large workload.

Old
12-05-2012, 09:23 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Izzys that looks like its exactly what he is saying
Well if better production means being able to play in all situations then yes I am saying that. I just think for a team that is borderline in the playoffs out of the playoffs they need more production from their OAs. If you look at the good teams for the Spits they had strong OAs

07/08
Reid
Bragg
Snetsinger

08/09
Shutron
Engelage
Kwiet

09/10
Young
Mitchell
Timmins

10/11
Carrick
Brown
Johnston

11/12
Holden
Cullen
MacQueen

Out of the OA D Windsor has had I would rank Young, Kwiet, Shutron, Reid all ahead of Posa and a couple of them were never known for their offensive acumen in Windsor. This group of OA's isn't much better than last years if at all.

Closed Thread