HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Starting Jan 13, after players vote.

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 10:58 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post

Joffery Lupul - Tim Conolly - Phil Kessel
James van Riemsdyk - Mikhail Grabovski - Clarke MacArthur
Nikolai Kulemin - Matthew Lombardi - Matt Frattin
Jay Mcclement - David Steckel - Mike Brown

Carl Gunnarson - Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner - Cody Franson
John Micheal Liles - Mike Komisarek

Roberto Luongo
James Reimer

doesn't look bad. Wonder what it'll take to get a guy like Chris Stewart
Bolded need to go before we are true contenders.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:09 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Who is going to play center?

Losing Bozak seems to indicate Burke has something else cooking for the center ice position.

Removing Bozak and adding Luongo probably improves the team, but adding a 1st. line center and this elevates the Leafs.

Question is how much is a 1st. line center going to cost since there doesn't appear to be one in the minors.
Leafs want Kesler more than Luongo? I wonder what that deal would look like? Edler is unsigned and might (long shot) be availible, too. What a blockbuster!

Kesler, Edler and Luongo for Kadri and three first round picks?

Old
12-04-2012, 06:59 AM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Resign Lupul, MacArthur, Bozak
Don't resign Lombardi and Connolly
Trade: Bozak, Grabovski, MacArthur for Luongo and Malhotra
Sign Getzlaf in the offseason

Lupul (33 G, 50 A)-Getzlaf (25 G, 45A) -Kessel (45G, 34A) --- (Big centre for the dynamic duo)

JVR (38G, 20A) -Kadri (18 G, 43A)-Frattin (36G, 12A) --- (Great playmaker with two snipers)

Kulemin (18G, 20A)-Malhotra (13G, 24A)-Ashton (12G, 14A) --- (shut-down line with some scoring, Ashton gets a sheltered role, Malhotra can help our penalty kills and he's better than Steckel, I would put Colborne in but he looks like he needs more conditioning than Ashton)

Brown (2G, 4A)-McClement (6G, 9A)-Komorav (8G, 8A) (Shut-down line and Penalty kill)

Orr (Adds toughness)

Phaneuf (15G, 33A)-Gunnarsson (7G, 15A) (Top offensive forward with best all round defenseman)

Gardiner (11G, 24A) -Holzer (3G, 10A) (Holzer is ready and could be a shutdown defenseman)

Rielly (7G, 18A)-Ranger (5G, 14A) (Ranger will likely be ready by next season and will fight for his spot, Rielly gains some experience, this line may swap with the second defensive pairing eventually)

Liles (He gets injured a lot anyways...)
Komisarek (Bury him somewhere)

Luongo
Reimer

Old
12-04-2012, 11:35 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Malhotra is a free agent this summer.

I can't see the Nucks being interested in Grabo. He'd be 3rd on their depth chart at C and I can't see them wanting to pay their 3rd line C 5.5 mil a year. Bozak would be their 4th line C which is a waste of talent plus likely too expensive for a 4th line C as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Quote:

Lupul (33 G, 50 A)-Getzlaf (25 G, 45A) -Kessel (45G, 34A) --- (Big centre for the dynamic duo)

JVR (38G, 20A) -Kadri (18 G, 43A)-Frattin (36G, 12A) --- (Great playmaker with two snipers)

Kulemin (18G, 20A)-Malhotra (13G, 24A)-Ashton (12G, 14A) --- (shut-down line with some scoring, Ashton gets a sheltered role, Malhotra can help our penalty kills and he's better than Steckel, I would put Colborne in but he looks like he needs more conditioning than Ashton)

Brown (2G, 4A)-McClement (6G, 9A)-Komorav (8G, 8A) (Shut-down line and Penalty kill)

Orr (Adds toughness)

Phaneuf (15G, 33A)-Gunnarsson (7G, 15A) (Top offensive forward with best all round defenseman)

Gardiner (11G, 24A) -Holzer (3G, 10A) (Holzer is ready and could be a shutdown defenseman)

Rielly (7G, 18A)-Ranger (5G, 14A) (Ranger will likely be ready by next season and will fight for his spot, Rielly gains some experience, this line may swap with the second defensive pairing eventually)

Luongo
Reimer
That'd put the Leafs at 302 goals on the season lol, which would be 20 more than Pittsburgh, the league's best offence last year.

Temper your expectations a bit, particularly with the second line. Kadri putting up 61 points in his first full season is a bit much to ask.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Malhotra is a free agent this summer.

I can't see the Nucks being interested in Grabo. He'd be 3rd on their depth chart at C and I can't see them wanting to pay their 3rd line C 5.5 mil a year. Bozak would be their 4th line C which is a waste of talent plus likely too expensive for a 4th line C as well.
They actually need a 3rd line C and are actually planning on moving Kesler to W so.... i dont know where this came from.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
They actually need a 3rd line C and are actually planning on moving Kesler to W so.... i dont know where this came from.
I know they need a 3rd line C (Bozak would be good fit), but I didn't know they want to move Kesler to the wing. Where you read/hear this? Seems odd to me since he took the most faceoffs for them last year and was 2nd in winning percentage behind Manny.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Not sure why they'd move one of the best two-way centres in the league to the wing. Please explain.

12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I know they need a 3rd line C (Bozak would be good fit), but I didn't know they want to move Kesler to the wing. Where you read/hear this? Seems odd to me since he took the most faceoffs for them last year and was 2nd in winning percentage behind Manny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Not sure why they'd move one of the best two-way centres in the league to the wing. Please explain.
I honestly have no idea, their fans keep repeating how they want a solid second line C, or if they form a deal in which a 2nd line C is coming their way then they expect Kesler to be moved to wing. Not sure why, and cant fathom how that would be at all beneficial, but hey if their fans think itll happen then who am i to argue.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I'd also trade Bozak for Hjalmarrson (2 years vs. 1 year, plus I believe in building from the net out)

However, I have to disagree about Bozak vs. Stajan. I think Stajan has more natural skill then Bozak that allowed him to have some success with skill players and rack up some decent offensive numbers. But Bozak has a much higher compete level that makes him tough to play that will translate to being able to be a good 3rd line center. I see Stajan as a good player on a bad team because he gets powerplay time but doesn't have a place on a good team. Well right now I see Bozak as okay player on a bad team who is simply in over his head.

A better comparison for Bozak would be Dominic Moore who was misslotted as a first liner in Toronto but was great as a third liner in Montreal, Tampa and San Jose.
I wouldn't be completely against that as a Hawks fan

Not a Bozak fan but think he could be ok 2nd line C in shortterm for Hawks and he seems to be solid at faceoff circle

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bozak-Hossa
Frolik-Bolland-Bickell

Sharp + Hossa should make up for whatever shortcomings Bozak has

Old
12-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Not a Bozak fan but think he could be ok 2nd line C in shortterm for Hawks and he seems to be solid at faceoff circle

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bozak-Hossa
Frolik-Bolland-Bickell

He's actually pretty good defensively, no shortcomings there, good average D. He also has good moves but has trouble finishing plays, he still got 47 points which was kind of shocking even though he was playing with Lupul and Kessel.

I think the Leafs probably add a late pick or an average prospect to finish the deal. Hjalmarrsson would be perfect for the Leafs.

He can skate, and he's a defensive D..something Komisarek was supposed to be.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
He's actually pretty good defensively, no shortcomings there, good average D. He also has good moves but has trouble finishing plays, he still got 47 points which was kind of shocking even though he was playing with Lupul and Kessel.

I think the Leafs probably add a late pick or an average prospect to finish the deal. Hjalmarrsson would be perfect for the Leafs.

He can skate, and he's a defensive D..something Komisarek was supposed to be.
Wouldn't be an issue

Sharp has great shot and Hossa has is good scorer as well... Bozak just has to get them puck and win faceoffs

I just dread the thought of Kane playing C again or even worse Kruger playing 2nd line C

Old
12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Bozak-Hossa
Frolik-Bolland-Bickell

He's pretty underrated around here IMO

Also statistically one of the Leafs' best guys in the shootout

Old
12-04-2012, 10:22 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

*knocks on wood*

If a deal gets done soon, I expect Burke will be quickly making a trade or two.

The Lu saga might finally be at its end.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:26 PM
JimLaheyprobert

I dont know if anyone cares, but what is colton orr doing now? is he playing? and if the nhl comes back i know caryle likes a tough guy on his team, does orr have a shot at comming back to the leafs when the lockout is over?

Old
12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
*knocks on wood*

If a deal gets done soon, I expect Burke will be quickly making a trade or two.

The Lu saga might finally be at its end.
I imagine several trades will go down before start of year (If it happens which I still have no hope for)

Old
12-04-2012, 10:53 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
I honestly have no idea, their fans keep repeating how they want a solid second line C, or if they form a deal in which a 2nd line C is coming their way then they expect Kesler to be moved to wing.
Canucks fans want an upper end #2C so we can stick him on the 3rd line.

The last time Kesler moved to wing it's because Sundin played C on the 2nd line. I doubt very much we acquire a C of Sundin's calibre in any trade.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post

The last time Kesler moved to wing it's because Sundin played C on the 2nd line. I doubt very much we acquire a C of Sundin's calibre in any trade.
Stick Kesler on the third line???

I hate him, but he's at the very least a great 2nd liner

Old
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

I dont know, a lot of your fan bases have stated numerous times that if vancouver acquires a good 2nd line C theyd expect Kesler to move to W.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

Seriously!?!
Since when is a 40 goal scoring Selke candidate not good enough for the 2nd line C?

Hello, Canucks fans? If Kesler's not happy in Vancouver on the 2nd line he can play C on the 1st line here in Toronto.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

The new guy would be the #3C.

EXAMPLE: if the Nucks acquired Grabovski.

Sedin - Kesler - Grabovski down the middle. Grabo as the #3C
Quote:
I dont know, a lot of your fan bases have stated numerous times that if vancouver acquires a good 2nd line C theyd expect Kesler to move to W.
I would only expect Kesler to move to wing if it makes us a better team - the C would also need to be better than Kesler currently. Someone like Joe Thornton? Sure. Bozak? No.

Our version of a "good #2C" is a little high. Basically an elite C, not an average #2C.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:12 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:

Orr (Adds toughness)

Luongo
Reimer
Everything about the bolded stat line is just insane. 61 points for Kadri? 38 goals for JVR??? (One more than Kessel has last year, and, you know, his career high is 40 points). 36 GOALS FOR FRATTIN? What the ****? He'd be lucky to reach half that.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:14 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

I would only expect Kesler to move to wing if it makes us a better team - the C would also need to be better than Kesler currently. Someone like Joe Thornton? Sure. Bozak? No.

Our version of a "good #2C" is a little high. Basically an elite C, not an average #2C.
Makes sense

Old
12-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Everything about the bolded stat line is just insane. 61 points for Kadri? 38 goals for JVR??? (One more than Kessel has last year, and, you know, his career high is 40 points). 36 GOALS FOR FRATTIN? What the ****? He'd be lucky to reach half that.
Yeah, I would be happy with Frattin and JVR getting half the goals listed and Kadri getting half the assists listed. Those were very optimistic projections.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

Oh that makes more sense LOL

Closed Thread