HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2012, 01:01 PM
  #901
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
people act like that series wasn't two of the highest scoring teams in the league. as far as the jersey series i rewatched those games and i thought he played great. he kept us in games while we were seriously outshot and getting the **** forechecked out of us.
Regardless of offensive talent on those teams, the goals that were going in were often hilariously awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Fleury's playoff stats since 2010

Season Age Tm Lg GP W L T/O GA SA SV SV% GAA SO MIN G A PTS PIM
2009-10 25 PIT NHL 13 7 6 0 37 339 302 .891 2.78 1 798 0 0 0 2
2010-11 26 PIT NHL 7 3 4 17 168 151 .899 2.52 1 405 0 0 0 0 (Without Crosby and Malkin, however)
2011-12 27 PIT NHL 6 2 4 26 157 131 .834 4.63 0 337 0 1 1 0
That seems about right. Since their Cup run he's been mediocre overall; very inconsistent.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
  #902
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Cheesesteak Invictus;56183849]Regardless of offensive talent on those teams, the goals that were going in were often hilariously awful.



nah. not really. maybe you were laughing cause you hate the dude. go watch the goals again on youtube. their there. watch the speed and the creativity that went on and then go watch the rangers/caps series and see the suffocation that happened there.

funghoul is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
  #903
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
[QUOTE=funghoul;56190809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Regardless of offensive talent on those teams, the goals that were going in were often hilariously awful.



nah. not really. maybe you were laughing cause you hate the dude. go watch the goals again on youtube. their there. watch the speed and the creativity that went on and then go watch the rangers/caps series and see the suffocation that happened there.
No, I was laughing because he was letting in awful goals. "Hate" has nothing to do with it. Both he and Fleury were disasters.

Edit: The fun starts at 1:18 with horrible rebound control.



Edit 2: Letang's goal right before 7 minutes is laughable too. Slow movement galore, and it looks like he decides he's in position well before he actually was.


Edit 3: at 9:19 Fleury shows it is indeed possible to stop one-timed shot, something you'd think was impossible from watching Bryz.


Last edited by Beef Invictus: 12-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 07:30 PM
  #904
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
a goal where he makes the initial save, the pucks spits out a couple inches in front of him as he's about to slam his glove on it but can't because malkin somehow manages to rhino charge through 3 flyers and get there as its falling on the ice is laughable. its laughable defense and an insane play by malkin.

funghoul is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
  #905
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
a goal where he makes the initial save, the pucks spits out a couple inches in front of him as he's about to slam his glove on it but can't because malkin somehow manages to rhino charge through 3 flyers and get there as its falling on the ice is laughable. its laughable defense and an insane play by malkin.
Right. Because questionable rebound control didn't plague Bryz all year, right? It wasn't exactly a rare occurrence.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
  #906
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Is Funghoul seriously still playing the "you hate the guy" card.

lmao

hckyplayer8 is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
  #907
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Is Funghoul seriously still playing the "you hate the guy" card.

lmao
of course..

cuz if you dont think Bryz is going to work out, you are a hater..

cuz everything on the internet is black n white.

Flyerfan4life is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
  #908
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Is Funghoul seriously still playing the "you hate the guy" card.

lmao
dude, i don't care that you guys are on him. its fine. we all want the flyers to win the cup. I defend him against the torment because i seriously think that contract is what created a retarded expectation that was always completely unrealistic and you guys bought into it. And of course he needed time to adjust from a defensive system to an offensive one. factor in injuries to our defense and that's as legitimate an excuse as i need. i thought he was really good after new years day. We always pay out the anus for players. that's why were a top team. so I'm not really as fazed by the money. the term is ridiculous but whatever.


Last edited by funghoul: 12-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
funghoul is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
  #909
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
If you're given a contract, you need to play up to it or you need to get off the team. We don't have enough cap space to blow a chunk of it on a goalie who can't play up to the level of his cap hit, especially since it's not impossible for the cap to go down. Cap hit is an incredibly important consideration, this isn't the 90s anymore. It's the reason Briere has always been on a fine line when it comes to criticism/praise...with his cap hit he doesn't have much room to make mistakes. Neither does Bryz.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
  #910
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
If you're given a contract, you need to play up to it or you need to get off the team. We don't have enough cap space to blow a chunk of it on a goalie who can't play up to the level of his cap hit, especially since it's not impossible for the cap to go down. Cap hit is an incredibly important consideration, this isn't the 90s anymore. It's the reason Briere has always been on a fine line when it comes to criticism/praise...with his cap hit he doesn't have much room to make mistakes. Neither does Bryz.
you still need to factor in reality, which your not. It's because of the pressure that i understand his adjustment. You disliked the move. that's no problem. but my point is Vokoun did not lead washington to a stanley cup nor did he even lead them in the playoffs. That would've sucked way worse and i guarantee you would be saying we should've signed bryzgalov. To be honest i'll take anything at this point. Were so desperate for hockey were keeping last years' fights alive. You should give him the next season, whenever that is, and if he is as good as he was towards the end of the year, then he will continue to be our starter. if not we'll get rid of him. I just refuse to believe he is the mental midget you make him out to be. you want to ***** about jody shelley fine, but guys that are up for vezina's usually get paid.


Last edited by funghoul: 12-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.
funghoul is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
  #911
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
You should give him the next season, whenever that is, and if he is as good as he was towards the end of the year, then he will continue to be our starter. if not we'll get rid of him.
what if after next season (whenever that is) hes still the same flip/flop below ave. stats goalie he has been in Philly and the KHL..

does he still get a pass ???

i thinks not.. hes had his time to adjust , more then enuf actualy..

he is what we are seeing currently.. there is no "future" Bryz.

Flyerfan4life is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:24 PM
  #912
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
you still need to factor in reality, which your not. It's because of the pressure that i understand his adjustment. You disliked the move. that's no problem. but my point is Vokoun did not lead washington to a stanley cup nor did he even lead them in the playoffs. That would've sucked way worse and i guarantee you would be saying we should've signed bryzgalov. To be honest i'll take anything at this point. Were so desperate for hockey were keeping last years' fights alive. You should give him the next season, whenever that is, and if he is as good as he was towards the end of the year, then he will continue to be our starter. if not we'll get rid of him. I just refuse to believe he is the mental midget you make him out to be. you want to ***** about jody shelley fine, but guys that are up for vezina's usually get paid.
Vokoun for a year or two at 2-3 million or so with Bob in the tank is still a better move than Bryz signed through his decline years at a high cap hit. It was always obvious that Bryz would be overpaid in the offseason, so no, I would not be clamoring for Bryz in place of Vokoun...who, by the way, performed better than Bryz did in front of a team that struggled more than the Flyers. One of the biggest draws for Vokoun was that we knew he'd be here for a short period for a lower cap hit. Especially since Vokoun had shined on crap teams in the past, and it was widely speculated and known that Bryz's stats were inflated by Phoenix's style.

I am factoring in reality. The reality is that Bryz has an albatross of a contract in an era where such contracts are detrimental. The reality is that he was highly disappointing last year (for 5 out of 6 months), and has spent a disturbing amount of time struggling with the same issues in the KHL this year. Until he shows me that he's actually going to live up to his cap hit, I'm going to be a malcontent. You say you want a solution in net? Bryz has been far from that solution so far.

I was willing to give him another year, but he's badly hurt his case by falling on his face out of the gate in the KHL this year.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
  #913
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
What are his up to date stats in the KHL? I have to be perfectly honest, i haven't paid attention.

I still want him to be the goalie that we signed.

Devastate is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
  #914
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
He's brought his stats up from the .88, 3 GAA neighborhood to .906, 2.60 GAA. 3 wins, 5 losses. His stats are about on par with Proskuryakov now. Stana still leads the team with an insane .941, 1.59 GAA. Apparently he's Russian Tim Thomas.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
  #915
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,510
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
dude, i don't care that you guys are on him. its fine. we all want the flyers to win the cup. I defend him against the torment because i seriously think that contract is what created a retarded expectation that was always completely unrealistic and you guys bought into it. And of course he needed time to adjust from a defensive system to an offensive one. factor in injuries to our defense and that's as legitimate an excuse as i need. i thought he was really good after new years day. We always pay out the anus for players. that's why were a top team. so I'm not really as fazed by the money. the term is ridiculous but whatever.
uh no. Most of us realize Bryzgalov struggled for much of the year last year. You take out the month of March and the NJ series and hes hovering around .900 save percentage. That is completely unacceptable. I dont care if hes making 500k or 50 million. His job is to stop the puck. Make a tough save every now and then. We did not get enough of that last year.
Was everything his fault? Of course not. But the bottom line is he was brought here to be the no.1 goalie. It doesnt matter what he makes. When you have a save percentage well under .900 for a long stretch last year there is only so much you can blame the defense, bad luck, lucky breaks or whatever you want to call it. He didnt do his job for most of last year. Doesnt matter what he made.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 01:41 AM
  #916
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
If I'd known Stana was going to put up the numbers he currently is, I would have paid much closer attention to him while he played for the Richmond Renegades. Oops.

It didn't help that I always sat on the 'Gades shoot-twice side, and that my vision was decaying rapidly. I only ever saw the guy for a period at a time.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 01:56 AM
  #917
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,510
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
If I'd known Stana was going to put up the numbers he currently is, I would have paid much closer attention to him while he played for the Richmond Renegades. Oops.

It didn't help that I always sat on the 'Gades shoot-twice side, and that my vision was decaying rapidly. I only ever saw the guy for a period at a time.
He was really good in Portland before he left for good for Europe. I wasnt very fond of him when Portland came to Manchester.
didnt know you have vision problems.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
  #918
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Bryz was on a winning side today against Slovan letting in just 1 goal (unfortunately Save% is not available at this time).

Also, in his interview to Sport-Express Khabibulin stated that it's very difficult for the goalie to transition from a smaller rink to the European size rinks. He also supported Bryz by saying that if Bryz had had regular playing time he would have shown his prominence as goal keeper.

CSKA1974 is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 12:52 PM
  #919
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,960
vCash: 156
Consistent play is good to see

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
  #920
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
looks like he's playing more often and also playing a little better. Good news.

Devastate is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
  #921
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
uh no. Most of us realize Bryzgalov struggled for much of the year last year. You take out the month of March and the NJ series and hes hovering around .900 save percentage. That is completely unacceptable. I dont care if hes making 500k or 50 million. His job is to stop the puck. Make a tough save every now and then. We did not get enough of that last year.
Was everything his fault? Of course not. But the bottom line is he was brought here to be the no.1 goalie. It doesnt matter what he makes. When you have a save percentage well under .900 for a long stretch last year there is only so much you can blame the defense, bad luck, lucky breaks or whatever you want to call it. He didnt do his job for most of last year. Doesnt matter what he made.
no one said crappy numbers are acceptable. 3 months out of the year his percentage was under .900. even the great henrik lundqvist had a couple months of under .900. and he is a better goalie with more padding and a team that spends a lot of time collapsing in front of him. my point is he was here for 1 year. 1 crappy year. you'd think we were 5 years in. it was also a really **** up year where we were gutted and slapped back together with younger more inexperienced players. I just don't isolate and blame our goalie for everything.

funghoul is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
  #922
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Pavel Datsyuk was interviewed by "Sovetskiy Sport" after CSKA victory over Slovan.

Q: Please evaluate Bryzgalov's play. Since he declines to speak to the media....

A: He played well in Khabarovsk and here. He has won 2 in a row- he is revving up.

CSKA1974 is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
  #923
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
no one said crappy numbers are acceptable. 3 months out of the year his percentage was under .900. even the great henrik lundqvist had a couple months of under .900. and he is a better goalie with more padding and a team that spends a lot of time collapsing in front of him. my point is he was here for 1 year. 1 crappy year. you'd think we were 5 years in. it was also a really **** up year where we were gutted and slapped back together with younger more inexperienced players. I just don't isolate and blame our goalie for everything.
Honest question. Say he plays the exact same way he did last season whenever hockey starts again. Is that acceptable?

sa cyred is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
  #924
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Honest question. Say he plays the exact same way he did last season whenever hockey starts again. Is that acceptable?
no. adjustment period is over in my mind. time for him to be comfortable. The team needs to play well if front tho too of course. The real problem with the term on that contract is his age. but its now or never. he aint getting any younger. I'm not expecting him to be a robot but he needs to keep the confidence he fought to get back all last season.


Last edited by funghoul: 12-04-2012 at 09:06 PM.
funghoul is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:23 AM
  #925
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,510
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
no one said crappy numbers are acceptable. 3 months out of the year his percentage was under .900. even the great henrik lundqvist had a couple months of under .900. and he is a better goalie with more padding and a team that spends a lot of time collapsing in front of him. my point is he was here for 1 year. 1 crappy year. you'd think we were 5 years in. it was also a really **** up year where we were gutted and slapped back together with younger more inexperienced players. I just don't isolate and blame our goalie for everything.
whos blaming him for everything?
i already said he cant be blamed for everything. that is just dumb. but he deserved to be critisized for the year he had last year.
He also needs to focus on hockey. i dont think Holmgren was happy with him in that regard. I hope he bounces back and plays like hes capable of. The Flyers are going to need him. I dont think anyone wants to see a repeat of last year.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.