HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Price to Toronto

Old
12-05-2012, 01:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
As i dont expect Montreal to fight for the playoff, even with Price...

i dont mind giving Reimer another shoot, i see no reason to give up on him yet while sharing the goal with Budaj. I would also like to give Desjardins a shoot if there is an opportunity.
Dear god...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 01:39 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Dear god...
what?

if we are going to miss the playoff do you really care if we finish 18th instead of 30th ?

I said i would give a shoot to these goalie for the season 2012-2013 then see.

if it doesnt work, summer 2013 will give us an opportunity to find a goalie.

The only thing i fear really could be a 2 teams NHL expansion, it would change the goalie market.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:04 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

You have an unhealthy obsession with trading price. To the point where you would give desjardins a chance???

If it doesn't work, we'll just go look for another goalie. Yeah, we'll just go down and pick one from the goalie tree outside, because it's not like there are a good 10 teams that are also looking for a number one goalie right?

Lol @ u tbh

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:10 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
we had discussion of Price to toronto in the Luongo thread....

So here is the thread!!

I know many Montreal fans dont want to trade Price. i partially understand them, i love Price myself, i also love his complicity with Subban.

But at 6 500 000$ i wonder if its wise. And now a Toronto fan is talking about "paying through the nose".

so lets try to make a deal!
so wait you as a habs fan want to give your biggest rival the best young goalie in the game? OK question for habs fans is he one of you? can you be sure? cause it doesn't make sense

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:11 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
You have an unhealthy obsession with trading price. To the point where you would give desjardins a chance???

If it doesn't work, we'll just go look for another goalie. Yeah, we'll just go down and pick one from the goalie tree outside, because it's not like there are a good 10 teams that are also looking for a number one goalie right?

Lol @ u tbh
In a thread where leafs fans are complaining about how long they've been looking for a legit #1, we've got a habs fan saying: "hey, lets give them ours. Finding one can't be that hard, right?"

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:26 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Trading Price to TO would literally make me sick but since we are all bored I will play the game too.

Price

for

JVR
Rielly
Frattin

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:30 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Tyler Bozak and a 2nd.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Trading Price to TO would literally make me sick but since we are all bored I will play the game too.

Price

for

JVR
Rielly
Frattin

As a Leaf fan I'd be all over that. From the Habs pov, I think they'd want at least one NHL proven player, that's a lot of risk on their part imho.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:13 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
As a Leaf fan I'd be all over that. From the Habs pov, I think they'd want at least one NHL proven player, that's a lot of risk on their part imho.
You might be right about the NHL proven talent but if The Habs were to trade Price, that would mark the start of a complete rebuild. Young stud prospects and picks is what I would be looking for.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
hahaha that must be a joke.. right?

lets not forget, montreal is the one offering Price to us.

So save the "it will take an overpayment for us to trade Price to our division rivals blah blah blah"
Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
Oh my god..... Thats too much for me lol
Yea it was a joke, but the Leafs would have to give up significant pieces for Price.

IMO the deal would have to start with Reilly + Gardiner, if we're going to give up Price than we better have the league's best defense to make up for whatever crap goalie we put in net to replace him.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 08:40 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Yea it was a joke, but the Leafs would have to give up significant pieces for Price.

IMO the deal would have to start with Reilly + Gardiner, if we're going to give up Price than we better have the league's best defense to make up for whatever crap goalie we put in net to replace him.
I'll preface this by saying it would never, ever happen. If the Habs did for some strange reason trade Price, it definitely would not be to the Leafs.

But Price is the type of goalie that you can realistically expect a huge return for (unlike Luongo). So I could see something like:

To MTL:
Reilly
Kadri
Kulemin
1st *unprotected
good prospect (Percy for example)

To TOR:
Price

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The stupidest thing in this thread is Habs' fans truly entertaining trading Price... to the Leafs none the less!

The second stupidest thing is the following quote:

Quote:
Montreal did pick in the top 3 with Price in the net.
Sorry for calling a spade a spade but sometimes, it must be done!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
You might be right about the NHL proven talent but if The Habs were to trade Price, that would mark the start of a complete rebuild. Young stud prospects and picks is what I would be looking for.
I don't really know the Habs needs, but I would think that a guy like Kessel or Phaneuf plus picks/prospects type of deal would be better for Mtl...Leafs can take back some salary to make it work. Nobody on Toronto's roster or prospects would be considered untouchable.

In an attempt to keep it real, how about forcing the Leafs to take Gomez with Price?

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I don't think the OP is a Price hater or anything, I think he just doesn't like goalies with hugh cap hits, from what I gather he rather spend money else where, and every few years, try to find a goalie on the free agent market, sign him for cheap, and hope he gets the job done, ex Theodore when he signed with the Panthers, Smith with Phx.

While it is true, sometimes those guys are able to have similar stats, they just arent as reliable as the goalies Price, Rinne, Lundqvist etc. With guys like Price, Rinne, and Lundqvist you know they can play at top form for 65+ games a year. Where as a guy like Theordore can play well all season long, and can just go cold in the most important time, ex 2010 playoffs for the Caps.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:05 AM
supert

Quote:
we had discussion of Price to toronto in the Luongo thread....

So here is the thread!!

I know many Montreal fans dont want to trade Price. i partially understand them, i love Price myself, i also love his complicity with Subban.

But at 6 500 000$ i wonder if its wise. And now a Toronto fan is talking about "paying through the nose".

so lets try to make a deal!
Montreal is not trading Price to Toronto . These teams and fans hate each other . Which ever team come out with the better end of this deal would be ok, but the other teams GM would be fired and ran out of town . Plus i do not think Toronto has the assets to acquire Price . Well they do have the assets but they would not want to give up the ones Montreal would ask for .
No big trades will ever take place between these 2 teams. enough said

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Why exactly are we even discussing this? (although, i'm thankful it has remained civil)

There is ZERO chance MTL trades Price...let alone to TO. There is also ZERO chance TO gives up the assets needed to land Price.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:13 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

In my dreams

Jake Gardiner + Nazem Kadri + Carter Ashton for Carey Price

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
There is ZERO chance MTL trades Price...let alone to TO. There is also ZERO chance TO gives up the assets needed to land Price.
And I think there's a lot of logic to why Toronto wouldn't give up the assets. Basically, they don't need to. Goalies are important. But they aren't that rare to come by. The Leafs have lots of money and ought to be able to win Luongo over if they really needed to, as one example. Or sign the next big UFA, whoever that is. It's all just money. They can do that without giving up piles of key young assets in addition.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:15 AM
CharlesHabsFan

Comparing the Theodore trade and the Halak trade to the Roy trade ? Wow... they are three different cases. And Price is definitely the only one that could be close to Roy ever since we traded him.

When Theodore was traded, he was on decline. He had problems with his reputation because of his family being involved in gangs. After being traded to Colorado, he was never again the goalie that shined in 2002.

As for Halak, comparing him to Roy is completely irrelevant to me. Halak was awesome and still has some sparks left in him with the Blues. The thing is that Halak is a goalie that will shine when the pressure is at its peak. He's a goalie of hard work, perseverance and training. Basically, when we traded him, we traded hard work to keep pure talent.

Price is a source of inimaginable talent that 29 other teams in the NHL acknowledge. He is Montreal's most valuable player no questions asked.

It goes without saying that we will never consider trading him for a long time, but for the sake of the thread, I'll keep going that adding to that, the opening post was even saying trading him without getting a goalie in return. And what about the fact that we have no goalie prospect at all that could replace him ? Are you going to give 70 games to Budaj ? Cause Price can and he's one of the only goalies in the NHL that have in the past two years.

And the fact we drafted 3rd last year was linked to many reasons but most certainly not because of Price. Most of the time he was saving our face out there last year when offense was sitting on the bench ashamed and our defense was trying to level up to the big league.

At the moment, without Price, we are destined to miss the playoffs for at least the next 5 years. You really want to become Toronto that bad ?

CharlesHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:17 AM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Reilly, Gardiner 2013 1st, 2nd 2014 1st

Or no thanks!
Would you trade Galchenyuk, PK, 2013 1st, 2nd and 2014 1st for a Goaltender.

Even as a leafs fan Price is my favorite goaltender but what your asking for is crazzy.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:24 AM
KingHab

I'd take Reilly+Kardi +Reimer+2013 1st as a habs fan

KingHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

This is an interesting thread. Completely shocked that either sides havnt declared war yet. Guess thats just a lockout thing?

I'm also shocked that the leafs have enough assets to still be a part of this thread..

Ill take a stab..

Gardiner
Kulemin
Colborne
Reimer
2014 1st

for

Price

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
This is an interesting thread. Completely shocked that either sides havnt declared war yet. Guess thats just a lockout thing?

I'm also shocked that the leafs have enough assets to still be a part of this thread..

Ill take a stab..

Gardiner
Kulemin
Colborne
Reimer
2014 1st

for

Price
Rielly, Gardiner and a first

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
conway902

I think we should just draft Fucale(Price clone)and just suck for few more years.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
gabeliscious

there is no reason why montreal would consider moving price unless he demanded a trade. even in a fantasy setting on here i cant even comprehend an event that would lead price to being moved.

with the exception of maybe quick (and i think price is better) he is the best young starting goalie. having a goalie as good as price at his age solidifies the goaltending situation for like a decade.

if price was going to be moved i would think it would be for severe overpayment. not futures and riff raff.

i would think it would take kessel or phaneuf + reimer/scrivens/any goalie in our system + something very very good.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote