HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Dude, **** Seattle: the team, the city, and the supposed home advantage. We're making playoffs either way, nothing wrong with being the Wild Card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
Harbaugh has already made his choice, you have to remember that he drafted Kaep. Nobody else in the 49ers organization wanted him. He's not going to pull him it would ruin his confidence and then you'd put Smith in and who knows how well he'd play after being benched.

I'm just hoping the playcalling improves.

KM: Seattle sucks.
Bonus points if those were subtlety directed at Nem

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Kitten Mittons

Sure, why the hell not.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Who cares if Kaepernick's confidence is shot? He's young and inexperienced. Confidence can be built back up again. Nobody has had it worse in that department than Alex Smith and that was turned around. That is simply not a valid argument to continue starting him. While Kaepernick is the better talent with more potential, at this current juncture, he is not the best man to help this team win football games especially in the playoffs. A guy that is learning how to play the position and handle the responsibilities is not going to be ready to win in the playoffs...maybe if he had started from week one but not now. Putting your Super Bowl chances on a guy that will have at most 8 professional games under his belt is absolutely foolish.

You can blame the play-calling all you want and it deserves a healthy portion but his execution was lacking as well. I saw all I needed to see with how he handled the last couple minutes. That turnover was egregious. Running out of bounds with no pressure and in field goal range for the win was also egregious. They may not be so significant to some but they are the differences between winning and losing in this league and it's even more magnified in the playoffs and Kaep is simply not ready.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
as a Bears fan, yes ... **** Seattle

Old
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

vCash: 157
Giants agree to 4-year, $40 million deal with CF Angel Pagan

Old
12-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 374
I just find it interesting that all the focus is on the QB play. I understand it since it's the main focus of a football team, but I don't think Kaep is responsible for that loss at all. He made some mistakes, but who doesn't.

What the hell are they doing calling an read option with Ginn in the backfield in their own territory up by 8 points?

Does Akers know how to kick a football anymore? The dude is 1/5 from 50+. That's a joke. He has been absolutely TERRIBLE all year. Last year the 49ers won "despite" Alex Smith, and a large part of that was due to Akers being insanely clutch. He has pretty much dropped off the cliff, and if I were the 49ers I would be starting a different kicker next week.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
I just find it interesting that all the focus is on the QB play. I understand it since it's the main focus of a football team, but I don't think Kaep is responsible for that loss at all. He made some mistakes, but who doesn't.

What the hell are they doing calling an read option with Ginn in the backfield in their own territory up by 8 points?

Does Akers know how to kick a football anymore? The dude is 1/5 from 50+. That's a joke. He has been absolutely TERRIBLE all year. Last year the 49ers won "despite" Alex Smith, and a large part of that was due to Akers being insanely clutch. He has pretty much dropped off the cliff, and if I were the 49ers I would be starting a different kicker next week.
His mistakes directly resulted in points for the Rams..he gets a fair share of the blame.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Who cares if Kaepernick's confidence is shot? He's young and inexperienced. Confidence can be built back up again. Nobody has had it worse in that department than Alex Smith and that was turned around. That is simply not a valid argument to continue starting him. While Kaepernick is the better talent with more potential, at this current juncture, he is not the best man to help this team win football games especially in the playoffs. A guy that is learning how to play the position and handle the responsibilities is not going to be ready to win in the playoffs...maybe if he had started from week one but not now. Putting your Super Bowl chances on a guy that will have at most 8 professional games under his belt is absolutely foolish.

You can blame the play-calling all you want and it deserves a healthy portion but his execution was lacking as well. I saw all I needed to see with how he handled the last couple minutes. That turnover was egregious. Running out of bounds with no pressure and in field goal range for the win was also egregious. They may not be so significant to some but they are the differences between winning and losing in this league and it's even more magnified in the playoffs and Kaep is simply not ready.
The guy who runs the team and played in the league for more than 15 years disagrees with you.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
His mistakes directly resulted in points for the Rams..he gets a fair share of the blame.
On that safety, Smith wouldn't have even gotten the ball to the 5. The refs made a bad call on that, as Mike Perriera stated. That pitch to Ginn was a bad pitch, but Ginn has to knock that out of bounds or dive on it. He was as accountable for that play happening as was Kaepernick. That is why you win as a team and you lose as a team.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
On that safety, Smith wouldn't have even gotten the ball to the 5. The refs made a bad call on that, as Mike Perriera stated. That pitch to Ginn was a bad pitch, but Ginn has to knock that out of bounds or dive on it. He was as accountable for that play happening as was Kaepernick. That is why you win as a team and you lose as a team.
It was a bad call but there is no excuse dropping from your own 17 into the end zone as well. The option play was a disaster from the start. I don't blame him for the loss...it was a piss poor performance by the 49ers as far as execution goes.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

None of this matters Harbaugh isn't going to sit his draft pick who he sat smith for, he has an enormous ego as we've seen in game.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
The guy who runs the team and played in the league for more than 15 years disagrees with you.
The guy who runs the team makes mistakes on numerous occasions. Sticking with Kaepernick right now is just one of many. Just because he's the one in charge doesn't mean he's right.

Quote:
On that safety, Smith wouldn't have back-pedaled into the end zone. He would've ate the sack at the five and lived to fight another day. The refs did make a bad call but that was a rookie mistake to keep trailing into the end zone instead of just eating it.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Affeldt, Pagan, and Scutaro are all re-signed!!! Can't wait to see the G-Men make another run at it next year.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Kitten Mittons

Nice, didn't know about Scutaro. Who else is left as a free agent on the team?

Old
12-05-2012, 01:45 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Sanchez and Wilson.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Sanchez and Wilson.
I thought they were letting Wilson walk?

Old
12-05-2012, 09:31 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf

On Marco.

Old
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
68 Z-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Sanchez and Wilson.
Scoots signing makes Sanchez disposable IMO unless he doesn't mind coming in from the bench and taking a pay cut.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Yes and other mistakes resulted directly in 0 points for the 49ers. They left 10 points on the board on fundamental plays.

If Walker catches that pass that he PERFECTLY dropped into his hands this isn't even a discussion and there isn't even an OT. If Akers makes that kick that most NFL kickers make it's a good "professional" win by the 49ers.

Kaep drove that team down the field in OT after a great defensive stop and set up the game winning field goal. What more do you want?

I completely agree Kaep made mistakes, but he overcame them. That's what impresses me about this kid.

Last edited by Wedontneedroads: 12-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
I thought they were letting Wilson walk?
No, they just didn't want to pay him ~7m. They'll sign him for cheap if he agrees.

What about Blanco, is he under contract?

Old
12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:
No, they just didn't want to pay him ~7m. They'll sign him for cheap if he agrees.

What about Blanco, is he under contract?
Blanco is under team control until the end of the 2015 season. He's arbitration eligible this year for the 2nd time in his career.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

Old
12-05-2012, 06:27 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
Yes and other mistakes resulted directly in 0 points for the 49ers. They left 10 points on the board on fundamental plays.

If Walker catches that pass that he PERFECTLY dropped into his hands this isn't even a discussion and there isn't even an OT. If Akers makes that kick that most NFL kickers make it's a good "professional" win by the 49ers.

Kaep drove that team down the field in OT after a great defensive stop and set up the game winning field goal. What more do you want?

I completely agree Kaep made mistakes, but he overcame them. That's what impresses me about this kid.
I believe the phrase is they left the points on the field. If the points had managed to make it to the scoreboard, they would have won. Just saying

Either way, it doesn't matter, Harbaugh is starting Kaep. I think Smith should never have lost the job and think Kaep thinks run to early most of the time, but it is what it is. I'm sure the team will be fine. As long as they don't blow it.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes is expected to be named the new Cal head football coach.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I believe the phrase is they left the points on the field. If the points had managed to make it to the scoreboard, they would have won. Just saying

Either way, it doesn't matter, Harbaugh is starting Kaep. I think Smith should never have lost the job and think Kaep thinks run to early most of the time, but it is what it is. I'm sure the team will be fine. As long as they don't blow it.
Hey, nobody needs you and your logic in here

I don't like that Smith lost it because of a concussion at all. It encourages players to hide concussions, because they may lose their job. It's a unique situation since Kaep was seemingly waiting in the wings, but a bad precedent to set.

All I know is you 49er fans just need to calm down for a bit and watch some beautiful classic Thursday night football. Watch as the Raiders dominate the Broncos with their top ranked defense, run it down their throats with the ever potent ZBS, and kick the crap out of them with the real leg of the leage Sebastian Mother ****** Janikowski

Closed Thread