HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Blues During the Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Does anyone have a picture of Tkachunk from the previous lockout? Now that was someone that needed some conditioning.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Mara

vCash: 500
Holy crap. Mr. Shattenkirk hasn't handled the lockout well so far, it seems. I just hope he doesn't have a heart attack, he's playing his first game tomorrow which is almost straight away so the big rink and fairly fast style of play could be fatal.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 800
he looks more and more like andy kaufman every time I see him.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

LOL Fattenkirk

He's never been much of a hardbody though, from what I can tell, so it's not too troubling.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:49 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Yeah, I think he's always had kind of a round face lol.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
LBC Vapo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftw View Post
he looks more and more like andy kaufman every time I see him.
this. this is the best post.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
LOL Fattenkirk

He's never been much of a hardbody though, from what I can tell, so it's not too troubling.
Fatty Shatty

He has always had those pinchable cheeks, but a second chin is never a good sign. Dig the hair though.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Haha, already waiting for the game. Shattenkirk is playing for the first time today, his defense pairing will be surprise surprise Russell. TPS just lost Korpikoski ja Koivu, because of taxes, they had to leave country for one month or something. I really hope Shattenkirk can boost our offense, because our offense sucks right now.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:51 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Heard Jaro had a good debut

His team won 2-1 and he was named first star of the game

Old
12-05-2012, 05:52 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Hey guys. Another Rangers fan coming with an olive branch. Wanted to let you guys know you're becoming my favorite Western team by a very wide margin these past two or so seasons and introduce myself as I may end up wandering over here and talking Blues with you guys when I get a chance to watch you (as it seems the season may actually be saved soon!). I've got center ice, so I should be able to catch a fair amount of your games.

So, a bit about why I like you guys:

Halak is my 2nd favorite goalie behind our own King Henrik.
Berglund is basically one of my favorite centers in the game and I have him pegged for a breakout this season. Looks like he's been doing well in Sweden, even though it's the second tier league, I believe. Anyone have up-to-date stats for him over there?
Love Oshie. Love the way the kid hits. Just love his game.
Love Perron's hands.
How do you not love Backes?
Love Petro. What a stud. I'm a d-man myself and Petro is a joy to watch. Would love to see him and McD as a pairing in the NHL one day, but not at the expense of losing McD from NY (and I'm sure you've no desire to lend him to us).
Can't explain to you how excited I am for Vtank. I'm a huge fan of high octane Russian players and I think you have something truly special on your hands. I expect him to win the Calder handily and be your most explosive player for years to come.

I know those are some high expectations from an outsider, but I like the team you've got, a lot. Just hate Jamie Langenbrunner, he'll always be a Devil and a Star to me; two of my least favorite teams. Hope you guys get a legit top LHD to pair with Petro. That would really make you guys a legit contender, IMO, especially with the increased fire power Tank should add, along with Schwartz if he nails down a spot (you guys are pretty deep at forward... wish the Rangers top nine was as plentiful).

Old
12-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Hey guys. Another Rangers fan coming with an olive branch. Wanted to let you guys know you're becoming my favorite Western team by a very wide margin these past two or so seasons and introduce myself as I may end up wandering over here and talking Blues with you guys when I get a chance to watch you (as it seems the season may actually be saved soon!). I've got center ice, so I should be able to catch a fair amount of your games.

Berglund is basically one of my favorite centers in the game and I have him pegged for a breakout this season. Looks like he's been doing well in Sweden, even though it's the second tier league, I believe. Anyone have up-to-date stats for him over there?
Love Perron's hands.
Love Petro. What a stud. I'm a d-man myself and Petro is a joy to watch. Would love to see him and McD as a pairing in the NHL one day, but not at the expense of losing McD from NY (and I'm sure you've no desire to lend him to us).
Can't explain to you how excited I am for Vtank. I'm a huge fan of high octane Russian players and I think you have something truly special on your hands. I expect him to win the Calder handily and be your most explosive player for years to come.

I know those are some high expectations from an outsider, but I like the team you've got, a lot. Just hate Jamie Langenbrunner, he'll always be a Devil and a Star to me; two of my least favorite teams. Hope you guys get a legit top LHD to pair with Petro. That would really make you guys a legit contender, IMO, especially with the increased fire power Tank should add, along with Schwartz if he nails down a spot (you guys are pretty deep at forward... wish the Rangers top nine was as plentiful).
Patrik Berglund F Västerås G 21 Go 16 A 9 P 25 PIM 14

Old
12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

Love Perron's hands.

Thanks for the nice words.

A few extra things you may or may not know:

Langenbrunner will likely walk after this season, so nothing will be holding you back from loving the Blues.

We all hope for a legit partner for Pietrangelo, but it is more of a wish than a need. His pairing was able to consistently shut-down the opposition with Colaiacovo, Huskins, and Cole as his partners.

Oshie is a wrecking ball on the ice, and we love him for it.

Perron's hands are great, but watching his development since he came into the league is the best. He now back-checks, parks in front of the net, and goes into the corners. He has come a long way since forcing himself onto the roster the year he was drafted.

Backes is the perfect example of what a hockey-player should be, both on and off the ice. And his wife is a saint.

I think once Berglund and Schwartz play together significantly, they will be a joy to watch. Berglund with his great shot and ability to use his size to protect the puck, and Schwartz with his playmaking abilities to feed it to Berglund.

EVERYONE is drooling over Tarasenko here. I've even talked to casual fans that know about him. (Not his name, but that the Blues have some stud over in Russia that is a big deal. And these are guys that couldn't name five players currently on the team. They'd get Backes, Oshie, Jackman, and maybe Halak.)

Old
12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Heard Jaro had a good debut

His team won 2-1 and he was named first star of the game
Good to hear, but I worry about him playing in Europe. I've heard about how the angles are different because of the larger ice surface, and that many European goalies have an adjustment period when they come over to N.A.

Does anyone else think this might be an issue for the NHL goalies playing in Europe if we have a shortened season? Each game would mean that much more to qualify for the playoffs, and if it takes these goalies eight games to readjust, that might be 20% of the season.

Is this a legitamite concern, or am I worrying about nothing here?

Old
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
thank you! I also enjoy Rangers games very much, pretty much my favourite team in the east, hard not to like after 24/7!

Old
12-05-2012, 02:22 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Good to hear, but I worry about him playing in Europe. I've heard about how the angles are different because of the larger ice surface, and that many European goalies have an adjustment period when they come over to N.A.

Does anyone else think this might be an issue for the NHL goalies playing in Europe if we have a shortened season? Each game would mean that much more to qualify for the playoffs, and if it takes these goalies eight games to readjust, that might be 20% of the season.

Is this a legitamite concern, or am I worrying about nothing here?
well, I've never played goalie nor am I an goalie expert but IMO playing competive hockey in Europe is better than training in NA, and for sure better than training in Europe, as Jaro did before

so I don't think it will be that much of a concern, especially with Elliott as back-up and with all the other goalies playing there aswell

i'm just glad he's back at 100%, should the NHL start...

Old
12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
thank you! I also enjoy Rangers games very much, pretty much my favourite team in the east, hard not to like after 24/7!
And they are a super dangerous team this year. Richards, Nash, and Gabby are as dangerous as anyone elses top 3, any one of them can beat you. Good secondary scoring, and one of the deepest group of defenders in the league. And Lundqvist.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:46 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Panger just tweeted that Steener is fine again, scores 5 points in 3 games as a center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
And they are a super dangerous team this year. Richards, Nash, and Gabby are as dangerous as anyone elses top 3, any one of them can beat you. Good secondary scoring, and one of the deepest group of defenders in the league. And Lundqvist.
yep, they are built like us just with money to attract FAs and while I've to admit I'm abit jealous because of that I really enjoy watching them!

Old
12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
EHCler

Halak back to NA

http://www.sport1.de/de/eishockey/newspage_648504.html in German

Halak not returning to Weisswasser after taking care of his personal issues despite stating differently beginning of the week.
Club stating he does not want to risk injury and wants to see what the CBA talks are bringing.

Old
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
BlueDream

Rumor floating around that the Blues have asked Chris Stewart to return from Germany to avoid injury and prepare for the season. I'm getting optimistic...

Old
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
stlweir

For the first time there are some positive signs. Let there be hockey!

Old
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Well it's being reported that David Backes has left negotiations as well as Toronto's owner Larry Tannenbaum.

I don't take that as a good sign.

Old
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Well it's being reported that David Backes has left negotiations as well as Toronto's owner Larry Tannenbaum.

I don't take that as a good sign.
Did they say why they left though? They could have had prior engagements.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Did they say why they left though? They could have had prior engagements.
I believe it was Strickland that reported that he left for family issues, nothing to do with negotiations.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Robb_K

They've broken off negotiations with no new meeting scheduled. Stubborn lot!

Old
12-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Shattenkirk just scored his first SM-Liiga goal against Jokerit. Short-handed goal, picked up the puck from Erik Karlsson on TPS blue-line, rushed it on a 2-on-2, deked 2 Jokerit players, wrister past the goalie. Nice goal

Closed Thread