HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Acekicker123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Canada too strong on D this year for Percy or Finn. Finn hopefully will get a look next year.

To make you guys feel better, Ceci (though Im not a fan anyways), Pulock, and Siemens also didnt get invites
Got to see Ceci out in Niagara a few times.

God that guy is slow getting his feet moving and makes some poor pinching decisions.

I know many like his generally well-rounded skillset and point shot, but overall I'm not a big fan of his either.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Acekicker123

Freddie Hamilton on the other hand, Dougie's brother, now there's a guy who's going to be a heckuva hockey player. Tenacious, tons of energy, does a whole bunch of things the right way, and was a big player every night in the playoffs.

Love him.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:54 PM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acekicker123 View Post
Freddie Hamilton on the other hand, Dougie's brother, now there's a guy who's going to be a heckuva hockey player. Tenacious, tons of energy, does a whole bunch of things the right way, and was a big player every night in the playoffs.

Love him.
I second this. San Jose has a gem in Freddie

Old
12-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Sparks with 33 saves tonight, gets the win against the Kitch Rangers in a shootout.

OT: Anybody else use hockeystreams.com ? 97$ for a year, and you get all NHL/KHL/AHL/WHL/OHL/QMJHL games + world juniors, draft, all star etc. Also you can watch past games on demand.

My brother bought it and he's letting me use his account, stream quality is actually pretty decent. Sometimes you get a game that doesn't have a stream, and sometimes you get stuck with a constant buffering stream. But I'm actually pretty happy with it. It beats twiddling my thumbs at least.

Guy is running the site from Norway, so I don't think he is ****ing with any copyright laws either.

All in all, if you have 97 bucks sitting around, and your deprived of hockey as much as I am. I recommend it.

Old
12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Good job Sparks. I had some vCash on Guelph and you didn't let me down

Old
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Sparks has been a beast the last 15 games or so, except maybe 1 or 2.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Sparks has been a beast the last 15 games or so, except maybe 1 or 2.
Currently:
10th in OHL GAA (2.87)
T-6th in SV% (0.917

His November Totals (12 games):
1.94 GAA
0.940 SV%

December Totals so far (2 games):
1.94 GAA
0.941 SV%

Old
12-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Currently:
10th in OHL GAA (2.87)
T-6th in SV% (0.917

1.94 GAA
0.940 SV%

1.94 GAA
0.941 SV%
October totals?

I like Sparks a lot tbh. Looks good everytime I see him play

Old
12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
October totals?

I like Sparks a lot tbh. Looks good everytime I see him play
Better than his September totals

3.78 and 0.898. Terrible. Huge improvement now though. Not sure but I'm guessing Sparks November numbers would be top 3 in the OHL if not the best.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:21 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

While Barber currently leads the national rookie scoring race, Minnesota-Duluth freshman Tony Cameranesi (TOR) isn’t far behind. Like Barber, Cameranesi is also a late-round draft selection that has made a tremendous impact for his collegiate team. The Toronto Maple Leafs picked up the Plymouth, MN native in the fifth round (130th overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft. Cameranesi had a very good start to his collegiate career in October, but he began to really make his mark in November, posting 11 points (three goals, eight assists) in the Bulldogs’ seven games. Overall, Cameranesi has posted 14 points (five goals, nine assists) in 13 games. His most memorable game in November came back on Nov. 23 versus St. Cloud State. In that game, Cameranesi netted a goal and assisted on senior defenseman Wade Bergman’s game winner to guide the Bulldogs to a 2-1 victory. One of the things that Cameranesi has provided Minnesota-Duluth so far this season is consistency and depth at the center position.

(Got the above from an article)

Old
12-04-2012, 11:23 PM
zeke
#freewilly

I've never been a Sparks fan, but he's definitely starting to impress. Might be a legit prospect after all.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
I've never been a Sparks fan, but he's definitely starting to impress. Might be a legit prospect after all.
The thing I find with goalies is anyone goalie could maybe become your starter. For every goalie that plays in the NHL picked in the early rounds there are just as many picked later in the rounds or not at all. I wouldn't discount any goalie until they are reaching their mid 20s. Even then someone like Scrivens may just surprise you.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:44 PM
zeke
#freewilly

no doubt. goalies are impossible to project.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:48 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Any chance Biggs captains the USA again?
He's got a good resume (Captain of the US under-18 team, US developmental team, assistant for the gold medal U-18 team). Will be interesting to see where he slots in that lineup.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:53 PM
rdawg1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
no doubt. goalies are impossible to project.
Athleticism and flexibility makes it easier.
But mentality is the biggest factor and at 18, it's too young of an age to tell, once they mature and relax more some of them just excel.

Alot of the younger guys cant handle the pressure, it makes picking up alot of goalie prospects important though, any one of them could come out of nowhere and become amazing(i.e Quick, who had a 7.5 rating on here when drafted I believe.)

Old
12-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Athleticism and flexibility makes it easier.
But mentality is the biggest factor and at 18, it's too young of an age to tell, once they mature and relax more some of them just excel.

Alot of the younger guys cant handle the pressure, it makes picking up alot of goalie prospects important though, any one of them could come out of nowhere and become amazing(i.e Quick, who had a 7.5 rating on here when drafted I believe.)
That's one thing that I wish was available but isn't. I wish the players rankings were documented and there is a list you could look up of their past rankings and dates changed. Would be neat to see how some of the stars of today have progressed. Someone like Sharp comes to mind with that.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
That's one thing that I wish was available but isn't. I wish the players rankings were documented and there is a list you could look up of their past rankings and dates changed. Would be neat to see how some of the stars of today have progressed. Someone like Sharp comes to mind with that.
There is a way. I did it.

I forgot how to buy there's a site that lets you view what the page looked like on a certain day. Go back a couple years and it will show.

I remember seeing Tlusty as a 8.5B or C lol

Old
12-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:

I forgot how to buy there's a site that lets you view what the page looked like on a certain day. Go back a couple years and it will show.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:

Yup.

http://archive.org/web/web.php

I remember using this once to look at Crosby's rating back in the day He had a 10C Obviously, it was warranted.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:24 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

And good to hear about Sparks. His inconsistency was worrying me but it seems like he's really settled down, good news.

I really like the guy and he's hilarious too, I remember reading his Twitter after he got drafted since one of the members found it, he seems to be quite the character

On a side note, Finn is pointless in 4 games, his longest stretch of the year. He did come back from mono though so it's probably taking him some time to ease back in. Hopefully he starts putting up points again soon.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:42 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
And good to hear about Sparks. His inconsistency was worrying me but it seems like he's really settled down, good news.

I really like the guy and he's hilarious too, I remember reading his Twitter after he got drafted since one of the members found it, he seems to be quite the character

On a side note, Finn is pointless in 4 games, his longest stretch of the year. He did come back from mono though so it's probably taking him some time to ease back in. Hopefully he starts putting up points again soon.
the good thing is his team is just noticeably better when he is on the ice. was quite vocal tonight which i liked. had some good shots from the point too, but no absolute bombs.

really commands the teams attention, that is for sure.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Knodel’s contributions part of Wildcats’ early success

The University of New Hampshire is one of hottest teams in college hockey heading into the month of December. The Wildcats have been getting it done with a combination of superb goaltending, solid team defense and balanced scoring.

New Hampshire features just two prospects on their roster this season, but they are getting some great production from both of them, most notably from junior defenseman Eric Knodel (TOR). After posting 12 points (three goals, nine assists) as a sophomore last season, Knodel is on pace to eclipse that mark this season. In New Hampshire’s 13 games to date, Knodel has posted five points (three goals, two assists) and is a plus-7. Two of his three goals came in November. One of his most memorable games during the month came back on Nov. 4 versus Maine. In that game, he posted a goal en route to helping guide the Wildcats to a 4-0 shutout of the Black Bears.

Since earning regular ice time last season, Knodel has made great strides in his puck-moving skills, and where it has been most noticeable this season is in his shooting. The West Chester, PA native’s shots are of better quality, and possess greater velocity and accuracy. While it may not always translate into points, Knodel’s shots are generating more scoring opportunities for both he and his teammates.

Knodel, along with the aforementioned Cameranesi, is part of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ group of collegiate prospects that had strong performances in November.
Nice little piece from HFs collegiate articles on a forgotten prospect Eric Knodel.

Old
12-05-2012, 06:39 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Currently:
10th in OHL GAA (2.87)
T-6th in SV% (0.917

1.94 GAA
0.940 SV%

1.94 GAA
0.941 SV%
He's also tied for first in the OHL with 3 shutouts along with Jordan Binnington.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:06 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Nice little piece from HFs collegiate articles on a forgotten prospect Eric Knodel.
I've yet to catch UNH on TV yet, but I haven't forgotten about Knodel. He could be a great D-man, if he continues to improve skating and puck movement.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I've yet to catch UNH on TV yet, but I haven't forgotten about Knodel. He could be a great D-man, if he continues to improve skating and puck movement.
Puck movement should be primary focus IMO.